Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
goatse guy
Jan 23, 2007
hello im back in ai buy me avatars plz :-*

meatpimp posted:

I thought I was on my way to alcoholism with 2-4 beers most evenings... then I was in a camping situation with no alcohol at all and was kinda disappointed that I had no desire for booze... but that takes it to a level far past my binge-iest.

Alcoholism is less about how much you drink and much more about why you drink. I also got to the point where I was drinking during the work day, because work was just so loving horrible, and I drank at night so that I could go to sleep because I suffer from PTSD.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Seat Safety Switch posted:

Use Disk Inventory X to try and find the biggest files in a nice way, but otherwise I'd try and rig something up from the command line with the find command (or even use Spotlight, if you're willing to delve into its odd syntax).

Nice, that showed me all the iOS apps that were downloaded on my computer (but stored on the iCloud anyways so why waste 16GB of storage on that). Thanks!

rscott
Dec 10, 2009
I was drinking two or three fifths a week, then I switched my method of coping to weed, which has wound up being more expensive but I'm more able to function in society and I'm not hung over for 8 hours every day until I could get a drink in me so that's something

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
I can't drink, my hobbies are too expensive :confuoot:

West SAAB Story
Mar 13, 2014

by Athanatos

(and can't post for 224 days!)

meatpimp posted:

:monocle:

Sweet baby jesus.

You're acting as if that isn't how you get to sleep at night.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

Viggen posted:

You're acting as if that isn't how you get to sleep at night.

Why, oh why, don't you have me on ignore like you promised?

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

CommieGIR posted:

I can't drink, my hobbies are too expensive :confuoot:

Seat Safety Switch posted:

With its territory marked, the wild Super Beetle strikes out in search for its favorite prey, dollars.

God drat you, SSS. So true.

West SAAB Story
Mar 13, 2014

by Athanatos

(and can't post for 224 days!)

meatpimp posted:

Why, oh why, don't you have me on ignore like you promised?

Oh, I do. I just occasionally check to see who you are busy insulting.

:)

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

Viggen posted:

Girl was drinking a shitload of alcohol, wasn't really insulting her.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
shut the gently caress up viggen, jesus christ

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

Viggen posted:

I don't think that you do. I think you humblebrag that you have me on ignore when secretly you hang on my every word and want to be me. You should consult with a doctor.

leica posted:

Found out I have Crohn's disease today, yay for me!

On the bright side, at least the colonoscopy wasn't for nothing :unsmith:

Holy poo poo, I just caught this part of the thread in a different open tab... sucks, leica. Is that diet-treatable, or is it medication city?

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

jamal
Apr 15, 2003

I'll set the building on fire
Since I started riding bikes, I've been drinking a lot less and sleep better. Maybe try going outside and getting some exercise?

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

jamal posted:

Since I started riding bikes, I've been drinking a lot less and sleep better. Maybe try going outside and getting some exercise?

Sleep better, yes. Drinking a beer or two after a hard ride is incomparable, though.

Unfortunately, it's getting colder here and I got my cross bike out for the first time in six months and really felt what a difference 35mm tires make on a climb. That is not a good difference.

But the beer still tasted fantastic.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Elmnt80 posted:

Just had a family member buy a mower off someone and got told I needed to fix it and that "The person I bought it from said it only needs a spark plug!". I had a sneaking suspicion that just from the condition it was in, the problem wasn't just a bad spark plug. Said gently caress it, swapped a new spark plug into it just for fun. Guess which one of us was right and now gets to make the piece of junk work with a budget of $0? :haw:

Tell them to get hosed, you didn't agree to fixing it beforehand. Charge them full shop rate plus inconvenience fee for presuming your time.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Fucknag posted:

Tell them to get hosed, you didn't agree to fixing it beforehand. Charge them full shop rate plus inconvenience fee for presuming your time.

Though in gentler terms since I mean it is family

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

meatpimp posted:

Holy poo poo, I just caught this part of the thread in a different open tab... sucks, leica. Is that diet-treatable, or is it medication city?

Dunno yet, gotta go talk to the GI doc first. It varies from person to person for the symptoms and treatments although I read that 70% end up needing surgery at some point. I'm just hoping I don't end up with a colostomy bag :(

Although I also read that spicy food is a no go which sucks donkey balls.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

leica posted:

I'm just hoping I don't end up with a colostomy bag
At least it would be an AI first. :unsmith:

quote:

Although I also read that spicy food is a no go which sucks donkey balls.

You're an old man anyway... it's a consequence of age (or having a family that can't stand spice in my case).

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

meatpimp posted:

At least it would be an AI first. :unsmith:

Hay guys, any advice on where to put my poo poo bag whilst auto Xing my Miata?

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe

leica posted:

Leave it in such a place that you can hose the people behind you with the contents.

E: I usually have a beer or two on week nights, and pound mix drinks on weekends till I get rotgut for 3 days, then quit for a few.

Not an alchy at all, its just a hobby to actively try and kill everything inside of me.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

leica posted:

On the hoop, with a brake light shining through it.

Sucks man, but even if it does come to that, from what I've seen they're no longer like they were even ten years ago. Much easier to conceal.

But hopefully you can get away with just meds and diet.

In other sick news, don't know what the gently caress happened but I have a goddamn ridiculous sinus cold right now. AI is now getting us sick over the internet.

goatse guy
Jan 23, 2007
hello im back in ai buy me avatars plz :-*

leica posted:

poo poo bags belong in the drivers seats of Audis.

jamal
Apr 15, 2003

I'll set the building on fire

meatpimp posted:

Sleep better, yes. Drinking a beer or two after a hard ride is incomparable, though.

Unfortunately, it's getting colder here and I got my cross bike out for the first time in six months and really felt what a difference 35mm tires make on a climb. That is not a good difference.

But the beer still tasted fantastic.

Oh I still drink plenty of beer, especially after rides. But I used to hang out at the shop after hours drinking beer, helping a friend out with his stuff, going out to eat lovely food, then a few more beers at home, pretty much every day of the week.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

Catching up from the weekend.

leica posted:

I wonder who gets the oldest AI poster title, I'm 43 so I know I'm pretty drat close.

Also why can't I pull weeds at 1am without being questioned by neighbors, I'm on a late schedule because of work and like to get poo poo done at night is that wrong? They're lucky I don't break out the loving impact to rotate my drat tires :argh:

I'm 45 as of last month, so... (all you damned kids in my forum here!)

Pizzachat: I just discovered yesterday, thanks to my sister, that Schlotzky's has pizza using a variant of their sourdough bread as the crust. The grilled chicken pesto was delicious.

Helped that same sister string about a 1/4 mile of fence, 2 strands of barbed and 4 of smooth wire on Sunday. My entire body hates me. At least I'm not sick like everyone else, except maybe mentally (I agreed to go back next weekend and string some more. There's a mile or so total. I'm just happy I wasn't available to put in the posts. T-posts, but lots of rock.)

Everybody stop being sick, OK?

e: I drink maybe one beer a day when I have some in the fridge. Been buying hard apple cider, lately, though. I don't like bitter stuff, and it's far easier to find cider that's not bitter versus beer.

Darchangel fucked around with this message at 22:21 on Oct 13, 2014

LloydDobler
Oct 15, 2005

You shared it with a dick.

Darchangel posted:

Schlotzky's

God drat I wish there was one close to my house. I have one sort of near work but it's one of those where the parking lot is a nightmare to get in and out of so I don't like going/always forget to go there.

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

Tusen Takk posted:

Though in gentler terms since I mean it is family

I dunno, there are more members of my family likely to get a "gently caress you, pay me" from me than friendly/free help and advice, but I guess some people don't have poo poo family members.

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

Fucknag posted:

I already started digging into it, so I'll keep going till I at least figure out whats wrong with it. I don't mind the family member thats going to be using it, Its the other assholes in my family putting their two cents in that make it a chore to gently caress with.

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008
I'm in the minority here, I don't drink at all. I used to enjoy a craft beer here and there but after my doctor told me to stop I haven't really gone back. The few times that I have drank since then I've realized that I don't like the taste of alcohol, can taste it much more than others, and generally don't like the feeling of being intoxicated.

My vice though is food. I can really put it away when I want to.

slip proof stairs
Oct 22, 2012

leica posted:

Found out I have Crohn's disease today, yay for me!

On the bright side, at least the colonoscopy wasn't for nothing :unsmith:

Yikes, sorry to hear. I just got diagnosed a few weeks ago. I was honestly glad to figure out what was causing my problems. Previous hospital visits include perforated small bowel, intestinal obstruction, and early enteroenteric fistula formation. I'm starting an infusion drug in early November that'll kick the poo poo out of me, but hopefully also kick the poo poo out of the Crohn's. The bad news is that it's not curable, but the good news is that there are people who go into year or longer remission when they start medical treatment. I don't have the hard stats on that, but it's nice to know that it's a possibility. Anyway, welcome to the club.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
November chat thread: Everything's poo poo

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

slip proof stairs posted:

Yikes, sorry to hear. I just got diagnosed a few weeks ago. I was honestly glad to figure out what was causing my problems. Previous hospital visits include perforated small bowel, intestinal obstruction, and early enteroenteric fistula formation. I'm starting an infusion drug in early November that'll kick the poo poo out of me, but hopefully also kick the poo poo out of the Crohn's. The bad news is that it's not curable, but the good news is that there are people who go into year or longer remission when they start medical treatment. I don't have the hard stats on that, but it's nice to know that it's a possibility. Anyway, welcome to the club.

I have UC and have gone through every available drug, and just started remicade this summer. Apart from solumedrol and prednisone, it's the only one that's even halfway helped.

I've only really been in remission for a month now for the first time in nearly 3 years.

UC and chron's aren't really diet related, you only really have to avoid foods that cause physical aggrivation.

iForge
Oct 28, 2010

Apple's new "iBlacksmith Suite: Professional Edition" features the iForge, iAnvil, and the iHammer.
I have IBS, Lactose Intolerance, and I can't eat any food cooked with Canola Oil. Most foods bother me atleast a little, some to the point that I have to know where the closest bathroom is at all times, still others I am curled up on the bathroom floor in pain. I feel for you, bad-stomach goons. :(

Sinestro
Oct 31, 2010

The perfect day needs the perfect set of wheels.
I had UC, and had to get a colectomy, but it was reconstructed. I have to take six pills a day to keep myself from making GBS threads to death because the pouch also gets inflamed really badly, but other than that, I can live a pretty normal life other than making GBS threads a lot. I could probably stop that if I stopped living off of spicy food and Mountain Dew.

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Fun Shoe
My aggravator seems to be anything to do with meat.

which sucks, because meat and its byproducts are amazing.

So vegetables, artificial meats, and beer and I'm quite a bit better. add in 2-3 probiotics almost normal.

except those times I fuckup and give in to steaks, bacon, cheeses, or any other goodness wrecking me for several days.

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

And, of course as always, kill Hitler.

Yeah, I don't drink either.

Galler
Jan 28, 2008

mariooncrack posted:

I'm in the minority here, I don't drink at all. I used to enjoy a craft beer here and there but after my doctor told me to stop I haven't really gone back. The few times that I have drank since then I've realized that I don't like the taste of alcohol, can taste it much more than others, and generally don't like the feeling of being intoxicated.

I'm not far behind. I have less than two drinks a week (often none). I love good beer but there are just way too many empty calories to make it a regular thing. I also don't like being drunk so that makes things easier.

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

Drinkin' is awesome.

God drat AI everyone quit getting sick. I want to read about everyone's cars falling apart, not their bodies. :v:

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Fun Shoe

Previa_fun posted:

God drat AI everyone quit getting sick. I want to read about everyone's cars falling apart, not their bodies. :v:

Bitching about rotting guts is more fun than bitching about that trim panel thats cracking.

Slow is Fast
Dec 25, 2006

Drinking owns.

The longest thread on my private soooper secret forum is about beer. Most posts are pictures. The beer thread is more detailed than the build threads.

Priorities.

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde
My guts are made of titanium and hatred, I can't remember the last time I had more than minor indigestion. Likewise for my immune system, when I do get sick it's for maybe a day or two at most, if it even gets that bad.

I'm probably going to keel over stone dead one day or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.

Terrible Robot posted:

My guts are made of titanium and hatred, I can't remember the last time I had more than minor indigestion. Likewise for my immune system, when I do get sick it's for maybe a day or two at most, if it even gets that bad.

I'm probably going to keel over stone dead one day or something.

Likewise. I caught some serious hatred at lunch on Friday when one of my coworkers finished a sentence with "and I've found portion control is very important in dieting." and I looked up from my third two inch thick fluffernutter, grinned, and said "yeah! It really is" :haw:

(I might be an rear end in a top hat)

Being able to eat anything and not have any indigestion problems or weight gain is great, but I'm sure it won't last much longer and then I'll have to actually watch my food intake.

• Locked thread