Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
theadder
Dec 30, 2011

Werthog 95 posted:

there's actually probably plenty of cool uses for a tiny screen that plugs into a tiny arduino but lol @ their examples

name one op

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

24-7 Urkel Cosplay
Feb 12, 2003

theadder posted:

name one op

you could do true scale dick pics

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

24-7 Urkel Cosplay posted:

you could do true scale dick pics

post some samples

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

theadder posted:

post some samples

no don't. no homegrown allowed

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

i dont get it isnt it at like every walmart ever

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

Nintendo Kid posted:

i dont get it isnt it at like every walmart ever
that's probably why the juggalos of all people haven't funded it, given their absurd solidarity they would have funded it 50 times over if they actually wanted it

if they can all go to the gathering every year they sure as hell can fund a kickstarter

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

dude (says he) lives in Beverly Hills, what does he want with seven grand?

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

theflyingexecutive posted:

dude (says he) lives in Beverly Hills, what does he want with seven grand?

2 months rent after moving out

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/never-get-a-computer-virus-again

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

without clicking i'm going to guess this is yet another linux distro

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

smart enough not to go into detail about it but their site mentions "os install" as part of the process so yup

also lol at this http://redcomcomputerservices.com/about-us

quote:

We are the ONLY company in the world offering
Never Get A Computer Virus Again®.
With Never Get A Computer Virus Again® we guarantee our statement, our advanced technique has been developed with you in mind while other companies prefer to keep you coming back to them. Ask one of our technicians about Never Get A Computer Virus Again®
We are the first company in the History of the computer world to create a service called “Never Get A Computer Virus Again®“. Computer Users all over the world will Never have to worry about getting a Virus ever again.

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum
holy loving lol at their indiegogo video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NPkpWroR0q4

these people want one million dollars

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

i'm also going to guess it was flexible funding and just another way of trying to sell his linux installation service

edit: i was right

a cyberpunk goose
May 21, 2007

anthonypants posted:

holy loving lol at their indiegogo video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NPkpWroR0q4

these people want one million dollars

that couch look awful

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

i googled his name and this came up :pwn:

http://www.suhaibwebb.com/society/international/the-fall-out-of-hijra-the-fallacy-of-the-hijra-fatwa-strikes-back-at-our-people/

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i sometimes throw cables away

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

Werthog 95 posted:

smart enough not to go into detail about it but their site mentions "os install" as part of the process so yup

losethos

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
MALACHAI HIP HOP PRODUCTIONS

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy

anti-virus companies HATE this!

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
*tightly grips bare foot* "i keep getting viruses" *waggles uncontrollably* "and the viruses cost me money" *flails arm about*

Vicas
Dec 9, 2009

Sweet tricks, mom.
But my Computer Clients kept asking me, "how can I stop my computer from getting a virus".

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish
I want to not get viruses but I also don't want to stop going to every single website and downloading everything I see. What do I do?

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish
The nice man that took control of my computer to do virus cleaning said it was clean but it wasn't??

JawnV6
Jul 4, 2004

So hot ...

Boxturret posted:

I want to not get viruses but I also don't want to stop going to every single website and downloading everything I see. What do I do?

to get ahead of the dancing pigs you have to start from ring0

make a target so utterly niche that nobody bothers to aim for it

ahmeni
May 1, 2005

It's one continuous form where hardware and software function in perfect unison, creating a new generation of iPhone that's better by any measure.
Grimey Drawer

JawnV6 posted:

to get ahead of the dancing pigs you have to start from ring0

make a target so utterly niche that nobody bothers to aim for it

God Said:
With Never Get A Computer Virus Again® we guarantee our statement, our advanced technique has been developed with you in mind while other companies prefer to keep you coming back to them. Ask one of our technicians about Never Get A Computer Virus Again®
We are the first company in the History of the computer world to create a service called “Never Get A Computer Virus Again®“. Computer Users all over the world will Never have to worry about getting a Virus ever again.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Vicas posted:

But my Computer Clients kept asking me, "how can I stop my computer from getting a virus".

vicas this dude is from philly

ever heard of him

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison
local man discovers one weird tip to never get a computer virus again, mcafee hates him!!

Vicas
Dec 9, 2009

Sweet tricks, mom.

ayn rand hand job posted:

vicas this dude is from philly

ever heard of him

i live in new york, ask fishmech

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

uncurable mlady posted:

local man discovers one weird tip to never get a computer virus again, mcafee hates him!!

police investigating disappearance of local man

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Vicas posted:

i live in new york, ask fishmech

i live in virginia, ask sulk

Rufus Ping
Dec 27, 2006

I'm a Friend of Rodney Nano

Nintendo Kid posted:

i live in virginia, ask sulk

langley lol

Thesoro
Dec 6, 2005

YOU CANNOT LEARN
TO WHISTLE
"weird trick" is a pretty accurate description of linux tbqh

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum
the latest kickstarter craze is this thing which is "a tor hardware router" and there's a ton of articles everywhere talking about how great it is going to be

except it's literally one of these

Meat Beat Agent
Aug 5, 2007

felonious assault with a sproinging boner
i'm the part where donating at least 6 bucks to the completely anonymous router project gets your name listed on the product's website

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
Oh hey guys it's the potato salad of programming

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/408326236/hello-world-0

except this guy will get no money

ironically

bobbilljim
May 29, 2013

this christmas feels like the very first christmas to me
:shittydog::shittydog::shittydog:

anthonypants posted:

the latest kickstarter craze is this thing which is "a tor hardware router" and there's a ton of articles everywhere talking about how great it is going to be

my coworker said we should so this and i was like you can already buy that and put openwrt and tor on it or just use tor on your pc like normal. his response was "yeah, but you know"

Vicas
Dec 9, 2009

Sweet tricks, mom.

Alan Smithee posted:

Oh hey guys it's the potato salad of programming

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/408326236/hello-world-0

except this guy will get no money

ironically

$7000, dream big

JawnV6
Jul 4, 2004

So hot ...

anthonypants posted:

Anyone can audit and browse the code, or download hardware schematics. For this reason, it is guaranteed to be free from the documented back-doors and security flaws common to other commercially available routers.

yup, OpenSSL didn't have any bugs. it's ok tho, we'll just securely deliver a patch to

JawnV6
Jul 4, 2004

So hot ...
wtf is this threat model where having a hardware schematic is crucial to debugging, but is helpfully diagnosed instead of maliciously exploited

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
Mark Truscott about 3 hours ago

Given that you are 5th year computer engineering student, does your university have a pile of potatoes on each desk in the computer labs? Do you all have to share the one pile of potatoes? Is your lecturer a farmer? Go to the front office and suggest the university needs to create a kickstarter campaign to fund computers. They can carve it into potatoes and courier it to kickstarter headquarters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

JawnV6 posted:

wtf is this threat model where having a hardware schematic is crucial to debugging, but is helpfully diagnosed instead of maliciously exploited
security through obscurity open sores

• Locked thread