Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Abrasive Obelisk
May 2, 2013

I joined th
ROVPACK IN THE HOOUUUUSE!
:vince:
he still knows...

harperdc posted:

My two potential tweaks to the game would be moving the floor of "resetting the board" up to Rare once you hit a certain point, because by that time (whichever time proves best for balance) those Rare or even Super Rare cards are just bigger XP doses to train cards. The other change would be giving three cards for a 3-0 win to help get XP cards faster.

[Edit] and also got into the bracket for my Epic KOTR, guaranteed Epic card wooooo

Also to stop making KOTR boosts reset the board, or at least remove them from the board after you max out a set.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy
So did the stat changes mess up something with existing stats of cards? I'm pretty sure I combined my People's Champion Paige when both individual ones were at 30/30, and now she's at max, but her speed is 510 and I'm seeing others with speeds of 518. What's going on here? It is just the simplest answer? I.e. I hosed it up

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frogc00l:

he knows...

Jonny Angel posted:

So did the stat changes mess up something with existing stats of cards? I'm pretty sure I combined my People's Champion Paige when both individual ones were at 30/30, and now she's at max, but her speed is 510 and I'm seeing others with speeds of 518. What's going on here? It is just the simplest answer? I.e. I hosed it up

Was a manager card used in the match-ups you've seen the higher Paige?

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy
Potentially, but Manager only affects Power and Charisma, no?

I've also seen plenty of other maxed UR Pro Paiges with 510 Speed since, so it feels unlikely that me and some other folks made the exact same mistake.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Jonny Angel posted:

Potentially, but Manager only affects Power and Charisma, no?

I've also seen plenty of other maxed UR Pro Paiges with 510 Speed since, so it feels unlikely that me and some other folks made the exact same mistake.

If they changed the stats of base Paige, and the Pro isn't accounting for the change in the base properly, people who Pro'd before the patch could conceivably have lower stats than those who Pro'd after, but that'd be a pretty colossal fuckup.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
See also:

:bahgawd:

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frogc00l:

he knows...
Well, that doesn't make a lick of sense.

interpunct
Aug 2, 2006

Bad girls think that you're being a boob punch

Bhester posted:

Well, that doesn't make a lick of sense.

I just think that they haven't fully applied the stat corrections to the opponents' decks or something, because I faced a Diamond Brock with the old stats earlier. Either that or you have to log into Supercard to have the changes applied, so you might end up in exhibition matches with people who haven't logged in since the adjustments and have cards with the old stats. I dunno.

interpunct fucked around with this message at 18:02 on Oct 11, 2014

GB888
Jan 28, 2004

The GB stands for "Great Boobs".
Wow, I never knew Slater and Titus were compatible. It's like 2K knew the greatness of Slater Gator ahead of time.

MisterGBH
Dec 6, 2010

Eric Bischoff is full of shit
http://youtu.be/qXMjE61mlNs
Dean Ambrose has his new current attire which would mean Reigns and Rollins potentially have also. Although I would barely care about Reigns as it's virtually the same attire.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

I've seen Super Rare pro Paiges that have the old stats (and lose to mine with the updated stats) so it's probably tied with logging in. That said, I noticed the same thing before the patch - I leveled mine perfectly without exploits up to 30, yet somebody had slightly higher single stats somehow. Exploits? Shenanigans?

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy
Pulled three rare Tyson Kidds yesterday, used them all as XP fodder. Today I've pulled two Ultra Rare Natalyas, proing and keeping that.

Nat-tie's bet-ter! *clap-clap-clapclapclap*

The American Dream
Mar 1, 2007
Don't Forget My Balls
I sure love that I'm a hair below UR+ and the only ur I've gotten is a Bella that was on my first pick in the tier. Sure makes it fun to play against teams of all UR.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

The American Dream posted:

I sure love that I'm a hair below UR+ and the only ur I've gotten is a Bella that was on my first pick in the tier. Sure makes it fun to play against teams of all UR.

You will never get a UR or better from exhibition/PCC. Those are only for getting fodder cards. You will only get UR or better from KotR and you should have an active KotR at all times.

DoctorDelaware
Mar 24, 2013
I've drawn a few URs from exhibition.

Telex
Feb 11, 2003

Toshimo posted:

You will never get a UR or better from exhibition/PCC. Those are only for getting fodder cards. You will only get UR or better from KotR and you should have an active KotR at all times.

Hasn't anyone come up with a solid drop rate?

Rare 1/25 (duh)
Super Rare 1/100
Ultra Rare 1/1000
Epic 1/???
Legendary 1/???

I've got around 6k matches, I've now seen I think 8 UR drops happen for me in exhibition. I would suspect that each + in each bracket doesn't boost things significantly and UR at Epic++ is maybe down to 1/500 at best. The problem is that with so many UR cards in the catalog, the math of getting a 1/500 (or worse) drop to happen again (53 cards) is so lovely that you can't actually rely on it for progression.

Even further mucking it up are the boosts that take away a potentially useful drop when you're maxed on them. I assume they're just at Rare rarity with the frequency in which they drop, but who knows.

Also the card picking matrix is most likely fake. You're just doing a random roll whenever you flip a card, location doesn't matter although it's more fun to tap a card rather than just let the CPU show you the next two cards you were going to get and go through a board flipping reset thing so you feel as if you made a choice when you really are just getting randomly generated rewards with a safety barrier at the 25th reward to make sure RNG doesn't totally hose you.

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

Shirley, these things happen in video games. We can't get hung up on real-world morality.
I've drawn a couple of Epics from exhibition.

The American Dream
Mar 1, 2007
Don't Forget My Balls
I'll guess that 3/5 rare picks for me are energy boosts. I'm pretty sick of that. I've gotten 3 sr cards and am now in UR+.

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy
Energy is counted separately from rares and other board resets. There are 2 per board and they don't reset anything. Did you perhaps mean stat boosts?

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

MisterGBH posted:

http://youtu.be/qXMjE61mlNs
Dean Ambrose has his new current attire which would mean Reigns and Rollins potentially have also. Although I would barely care about Reigns as it's virtually the same attire.

isn't reigns' current attire just the shield attire

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

harperdc posted:

My two potential tweaks to the game would be moving the floor of "resetting the board" up to Rare once you hit a certain point.

Didn't someone prove that the board means nothing, and you get the same card no matte what card you pick? Like... there are not guarantees of X amount of a certain class of card on the board, so why does it even matter that the board resets? There doesn't even need to be a card selection game to it, just give you two random cards.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Astro7x posted:

Didn't someone prove that the board means nothing, and you get the same card no matte what card you pick? Like... there are not guarantees of X amount of a certain class of card on the board, so why does it even matter that the board resets? There doesn't even need to be a card selection game to it, just give you two random cards.
I am fairly certain that the ONLY thing that matters when it comes to the board being reset is energy cards. The board means NOTHING for anything else, except that it gives a limit to how many draws you can get without getting a boost or rare (it will be a boost).

Sono
Apr 9, 2008

Telex posted:

Hasn't anyone come up with a solid drop rate?

Rare 1/25 (duh)
Super Rare 1/100
Ultra Rare 1/1000
Epic 1/???
Legendary 1/???

I've got around 6k matches, I've now seen I think 8 UR drops happen for me in exhibition. I would suspect that each + in each bracket doesn't boost things significantly and UR at Epic++ is maybe down to 1/500 at best. The problem is that with so many UR cards in the catalog, the math of getting a 1/500 (or worse) drop to happen again (53 cards) is so lovely that you can't actually rely on it for progression.

At 4.5k matches, I have 3 URs, 0 Epics, and 0 Legends, not counting the freebies. Maybe 2 dozen SRs or so; I pro them at lvl 0 and feed away once they're in the collection.

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

Shirley, these things happen in video games. We can't get hung up on real-world morality.
I am content, I got a Legendary Nattie from my last KOTR. :)

AlbertRayon
Sep 9, 2004

Hey, hey what can I do? I got a woman, she won't be true.
I am completely stuck until I can get a better Diva. I've got 2 Pro UR Rocks, a Pro UR Mr. McMahon, a Pro UR Lesnar, 1 Epic Lesnar and the ladder Pro SR Paige. It looks like the only way to advance is to sandbag to get into UR KOTR and hope that a diva pair eventually comes out of it.

Telex
Feb 11, 2003

AlbertRayon posted:

I am completely stuck until I can get a better Diva. I've got 2 Pro UR Rocks, a Pro UR Mr. McMahon, a Pro UR Lesnar, 1 Epic Lesnar and the ladder Pro SR Paige. It looks like the only way to advance is to sandbag to get into UR KOTR and hope that a diva pair eventually comes out of it.

Well, to get into Legendary exhibition, you (I guess) have to at least pair an Epic, because I have UR Pro Mysterio, Jake the Snake, Cory Rhodes, Dean Ambrose and Naomi and I'm not at Legendary yet. I crush Epic++ right now since everyone's got that SR Pro Paige.

There's a bit too much rating variation I think, when I can have a full UR Pro lineup and not hit Legendary.

Gonna just keep sandbagging UR KOTR until I get a pair of Macho Mans or something to bump the ratings into Legendary.

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

Well, so much for this KOTR. Can't log in through GameCenter again. A recurring glitch.

I did, however, win one a few days ago and got a pair of UR Rocks, which is just what I needed to replace my Pro R Rock. Then I lost in the first round, and actually got a second UR Hogan, so I should be good to go for a while. But I have to boringly grind for cards to feed them, and that's when I remembered this game is pretty lame overall. Yet just addictive enough.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
I've gotten a few UR from Exhibition so it definitely does happen. I'm over 6000 matches played though so it doesn't happen very often haha.

Happitoo
Nov 24, 2005

We are going to go for the store, then the district manager. Then WE ARE GOING TO THE CORPORATE OFFICE AND THEN TO THE EXECUTIVES! DXRYAHHHHHHHHH!!

I have had the luckiest day today, and because of it I can confirm that legendary cards do in fact occasionally drop in exhibition as I managed to get 2. Edge and Jericho. I'm pretty jazzed about the Edge as I already had 1 from a KOTR. So now once the KOTR I'm currently in ends (sometime early tomorrow morning) I'll be able to combine them and have a pro legendary card and a chance in hell of moving beyond the first round of Legendary KOTR.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that whatever card I get out of the current KOTR is a double of one of my other legendary cards (Brock, Nikki Bella or Jericho) so I can have 2 pro legendary cards.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
This thread today:

Let me tell you a story:
A guy is squarely in the UR exhibition tier (not UR+, not UR++, just plain UR) and is complaining that he is losing to URs and not getting URs from exhibitions.
I give him the excellent advice that he should be doing KotRs for upgrades and not depending on exhibition.
All of you proceed to poo poo the bed and do the "well, actually" thing.
:psyduck:

In summary:
Pls stop.

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

I hosed up. I put my A team on the bench while I slept last night. I lost drat near every match that happened while I slept. :smith:

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

shut up idiots we've got BRAND NEW JOHN CENA TRACKS

The 9-year wait is over!

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Alan Trammell posted:

The 9-year wait is over!

I'm assuming the first track is about whipping children and smoking weed, heel turn confirmed.

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Your favorite furry wrestler.

IcePhoenix posted:

I'm assuming the first track is about whipping children and smoking weed, heel turn confirmed.

This is leading to the newest and best tag team in pro wrestling: Cena and RVD. The Whole F'n Cenation.

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

Man, I was just about to complain about finally cracking Epic and getting Randy Orton, but then RKO Outta Nowhere showed up in the wrestling gif thread and now I'm happy to juice him up to replace SR Pro Miz and/or Cena.

Roman Reigns
Aug 23, 2007

Alan Trammell posted:

The 9-year wait is over!

Aside from Khalifa and Flo Rida, I'm not sure how many of these can be considered mainstream popular tracks.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

Where's John Cena and Pitbull?

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Getting to the bracket of an Epic KOTR netted me an Epic Rock this morning, and exhibition gave me an UR Bork Laser so I don't think I can really complain at the moment.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

harperdc posted:

Getting to the bracket of an Epic KOTR netted me an Epic Rock this morning, and exhibition gave me an UR Bork Laser so I don't think I can really complain at the moment.
I've got an Epic KOTR ending tonight, I better get a pair of wrestlers. Already got an Epic Pro AJ and Epic Pro Naomi, and I drew an extra loving Epic AJ last night from Exhibition.

Combining my Epic Stone Colds before one of them was maxed is really biting me in the rear end :(

EDIT: I am starting to see players have so few games played that, not only did they spend a shitload of money on epics/legendaries, but they also must have spent a shitload of money on picks because their legendaries and epics are all maxed.

Just ran into a guy with 4 legendaries, one of them Pro, all of them maxed, under 200 games played. There HAS to be ways of scamming the pay system, right? No one would do this?

cams fucked around with this message at 01:48 on Oct 14, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

Roman Reigns posted:

Aside from Khalifa and Flo Rida, I'm not sure how many of these can be considered mainstream popular tracks.
Not sure how to feel about John Cena being a Dizzee fan, but I guess he's a few years behind the curve anyway. Needs some TEMPZ