Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
o muerte
Dec 13, 2008

KakerMix posted:

I got my FOV fix working finally

By getting a 21:9 monitor

That's just... I think I need to change my pants.

Not just the pants I'm wearing, all of them, all the pants in a half mile radius. What display is that?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deimus
Aug 17, 2012

Manslaughter posted:

I know this is from forever ago but now I really want a weapon that is just "lob a deathball down a hill that mows over any infantry/vehicles it comes into contact with".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nDw_mpjKlpg&t=400s

Durendal
Jan 25, 2008

Who made you God to say
"I'll take your sheep from you?"

I hope they leave AV nades alone. They are my best friends and make the bad maxes go away. Please Higby, don't take my friends away. :ohdear:

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound
$5 off station cash cards at gamestop (33% discount). Probably as good of a sale as you're likely to get nowadays. Americans only. :fsmug:

https://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/index.php?threads/save-on-station-cash-at-gamestop-us-stores-only.204389/

o muerte
Dec 13, 2008

Durendal posted:

I hope they leave AV nades alone. They are my best friends and make the bad maxes go away. Please Higby, don't take my friends away. :ohdear:

If anything an AV nade nerf will highlight just how bullshit Infantry 2.0, I mean MAX, suits are and they'll be nerfed in .... six months.

Who am I kidding, long live our robotic overlords.

wei
Jul 27, 2006

Arghy posted:

Airsperg drama, the best drama.

quote:

Well, it has been my experience that to assume offense 99% of the time Mattherson and now Emerald players.
If that is not the case with you, I appologize. But i still don't agree with the tone of your write up - or some of the conclusions.

It turns out he's still mad from that time Miller had complete air dominance and did gently caress all with it, losing 55-36. Mattherson lives on.

Right after that match, everyone called Miller out on their lovely, worthless air and he took offense to it. In Miller's next match, half of their air players just didn't show up because they were shamed for keeping 24 ESFs in A2A loadouts to camp the 6 ESFs in our warpgate. The last weekend's two matches are good lessons how you use air superiority. Wycliff's trying to explain it but it looks like Miller's air lead still has his fingers in his ears, even after 5 months!

o muerte
Dec 13, 2008

wei posted:

It turns out he's still mad from that time Miller had complete air dominance and did gently caress all with it, losing 55-36. Mattherson lives on.

Right after that match, everyone called Miller out on their lovely, worthless air and he took offense to it. In Miller's next match, half of their air players just didn't show up because they were shamed for keeping 24 ESFs in A2A loadouts to camp the 6 ESFs in our warpgate. The last weekend's two matches are good lessons how you use air superiority. Wycliff's trying to explain it but it looks like Miller's air lead still has his fingers in his ears, even after 5 months!

It appears we've found a productive salt mine boys. Get your pickaxes and get to work.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

o muerte posted:

That's just... I think I need to change my pants.

Not just the pants I'm wearing, all of them, all the pants in a half mile radius. What display is that?

LG 34UM95, 21:9 @ 3440 x 1440. It's pricey, but I got the commercial version (34UM94) for 850 bucks off Massdrop. It's so good. So so good.

Westy543
Apr 18, 2013

GINYU FORCE RULES

From Higby:

quote:

We're not trying to address grenade spam with this change and it's not in reaction to any new or shifting changes in the meta, server smash or anything else - although we have seen and discussed how grenade bando is evolving as a strategy in those contexts.

There are some range issues with certain grenade types that are being fixed.

Please pass it on whenever you see the inevitable dozens of "this doesn't help grenade spam!!!" posts. That's not the intention here. "Solving" grenade spam would require a deeper change, and it's not necessarily something we're even interested in adjusting at present.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

quote:

"Solving" grenade spam would require a deeper change

No Higby, solving grenade spam would have to do with fixing your hosed up resource system.

PS: Refund me my flak 5 certs, its loving useless when grenade 2 comes around.

Durendal
Jan 25, 2008

Who made you God to say
"I'll take your sheep from you?"

Leal posted:

No Higby, solving grenade spam would have to do with fixing your hosed up resource system.

PS: Refund me my flak 5 certs, its loving useless when grenade 2 comes around.

Why? Your armor did what it was supposed to and kept you alive so. Unless you think those red indicators are invitations to a tea party, I would get the gently caress out of there before grenade two is in the door.

The whole nade issue is one of poor base design; shoving over 40 people into a tiny room is just inviting people to nade the poo poo out of you. And can you blame them? I'm sure as gently caress not rushing headlong into that many guns unless I can take some out without exposing myself first. That's like CQC 101.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Because it does gently caress all against direct hits (despite saying that would be a thing for what, a year now?), SOE throwing their hands up and going "Hey guys, you can throw a grenade once every minute and never run out! Also the class with rockets now comes with one free rank of grenade bandolier, show them flak havers that they can go gently caress themselves!" and the fact I spent over 1,211 certs for something that does gently caress all in protecting me when I actually need it, I may as well use those certs and suit slot for something else.

Like putting grenade bandolier on every class.

VVV Why must you trigger me

Leal fucked around with this message at 02:57 on Oct 14, 2014

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Wasn't Flak originally more about keeping the vengeful rocket-hand of the Sky Gods from completely obliterating you as you fled to cover?

Edit: Do med kits just not loving work if your ping is over 100? Like 90% of the time I try to use one on Emerald, my HP goes back up for a second then immediately drops back to what it was before.

Cabbit fucked around with this message at 03:38 on Oct 14, 2014

Synnr
Dec 30, 2009

Cabbit posted:

Wasn't Flak originally more about keeping the vengeful rocket-hand of the Sky Gods from completely obliterating you as you fled to cover?

Edit: Do med kits just not loving work if your ping is over 100? Like 90% of the time I try to use one on Emerald, my HP goes back up for a second then immediately drops back to what it was before.

I don't have much of an issue, and my latency ranges from usually 40ish up to 180-200 in the really lovely fights. You are using the instant heal ones right, not the heal over time things?

Renounced
Nov 8, 2005

POSTING ON THE INTERNET

Cabbit posted:

Having this same problem in large fights on Emerald as well. Pretty cool new bug in addition to recon darts not showing up. Same latency issues are also letting my jetpack last up to 5 seconds longer than it should as well.

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011

Cabbit posted:

The reliability of medkits drops real quickly when the server starts making GBS threads itself at all. Restokits can persist a little longer, but they'll also become useless pretty rapidly.

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

The recon darts may not be showing up but the effect is still there. I spent a lot of our meatgrinders just spraying darts everywhere and picking up motion assists.

Also I discovered that attacking East Canyon from the south is the best goddamn time ever be using a Lasher. There's a rock formation that gives you a perfect view of the staircase that leads under the cap point and keeps you out of view of the spawn. I had the whole area locked down with Exmag Lasher and the Marker Implant, which fed me spotter bonuses against anyone who got away.

Horace Kinch fucked around with this message at 04:21 on Oct 14, 2014

Sard
May 11, 2012

Certified Poster of Culture.

Durendal posted:

The whole nade issue is one of poor base design; shoving over 40 people into a tiny room is just inviting people to nade the poo poo out of you.

This is the real problem. Making something more costly to spam doesn't change the fact that when it's used the first time it's incredibly powerful, same for MAX suits. Shield doors would go a long way towards helping with this, if not by acting like doors then by only admitting so many HE weapons to pass through per several seconds, but overall base capture needs to be expanded to less claustrophobic areas, as well as more points that are separated through special means. Maybe some that only LA can reach, or some that only an infil can briefly hack access to, things to break up the amount of people that can get in at any one time.

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

Sard posted:

This is the real problem. Making something more costly to spam doesn't change the fact that when it's used the first time it's incredibly powerful, same for MAX suits. Shield doors would go a long way towards helping with this, if not by acting like doors then by only admitting so many HE weapons to pass through per several seconds, but overall base capture needs to be expanded to less claustrophobic areas, as well as more points that are separated through special means. Maybe some that only LA can reach, or some that only an infil can briefly hack access to, things to break up the amount of people that can get in at any one time.

I really don't want something that helps the defenders too much such as your door idea. You almost have to use nades and explosives when people are squeezed into a box like that, especially if the hex is populated enough to have pop-in issues.

Honestly though, having more bigger cap areas seems like its the key. Open air courtyards should be more common (ideally with most having some sort of air cover so they're not completely open) or the giant warehouse buildings that are becoming more common, such as the ones at NC Arsenal. You're a lot less likely to see grenade spam in those areas beyond getting past camped doors...or putting a sticky when a bunch of idiots have taken cover behind the same piece of terrain.

hailthefish
Oct 24, 2010

Is it just me or is every other shot with the Phoenix result in the missile flopping to the ground and doing its best :flaccid: impression.

That combined with its random refusal to reload from an ammo pack makes using it an incredibly frustrating prospect.

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

GEORGE IS GETTIN' AUGMENTED!
Dinosaur Gum

hailthefish posted:

Is it just me or is every other shot with the Phoenix result in the missile flopping to the ground and doing its best :flaccid: impression.

That combined with its random refusal to reload from an ammo pack makes using it an incredibly frustrating prospect.

Workaround: Scope, unscope, re-scope after each shot. Doublescoping seems to fix Flaccid Phoenix syndrome.

Fierce Brosnan
Feb 16, 2010

I have seen into the future
Everyone is slightly older
Oct 14
Daily sale: Prowler G30 Vulcan* / Vanguard Enforcer ML85 / Magrider Saron HRB
Members sale: Lightning L100 Python AP

* Possibly being re-designed in the not-too-distant future

Westy543
Apr 18, 2013

GINYU FORCE RULES

I think air to air missiles are one of my favorite weapons. They get some people SO loving salty.

A FESTIVE SKELETON
Oct 2, 2011

TIS THE SEASON BITCH

Westy543 posted:

I think air to air missiles are one of my favorite weapons. They get some people SO loving salty.

Part of me wants to grab them and troll the poo poo out of the airistocracy, but then I realize that I would be in the air for any amount of time and it is thus haram.

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

Rayjenkins posted:

Part of me wants to grab them and troll the poo poo out of the airistocracy, but then I realize that I would be in the air for any amount of time and it is thus haram.

Easily one of the best purchases you can make right now because those of us with tomcats will pretty much drop whatever we're doing to put them on and go trolling. It just never fails. Plus they turn air 2 air libs from a chore into easymode

They get even angrier once you learn to use the nosegun and use them both to dunk them even harder.

We dont run an airball often but mentioning tomcats is the fastest way to get one going

Fart Car '97 fucked around with this message at 12:23 on Oct 14, 2014

Erata
May 11, 2009
Lipstick Apathy
Quick question, is there a tournament bracket of some kind for the server smash stuff? One of my euro-friends keeps talking about how Cobalt is the best, but I haven't heard anything about them in the competition at all.

e: Thanks, wei!

Erata fucked around with this message at 14:38 on Oct 14, 2014

wei
Jul 27, 2006

Erata posted:

Quick question, is there a tournament bracket of some kind for the server smash stuff? One of my euro-friends keeps talking about how Cobalt is the best, but I haven't heard anything about them in the competition at all.

http://planetsidebattles.org/server-smash/tournament-brackets

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

http://www.gfycat.com/ScarceGenuineCaracal

:thurman:

MuffinMan
Oct 1, 2001

roger that sir, you're good to go.

I appreciated the arrow. Like, really appreciated it.

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

MuffinMan posted:

I appreciated the arrow. Like, really appreciated it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nz5RJjpwVWY

Why not?

MuffinMan
Oct 1, 2001

roger that sir, you're good to go.

Sincerity is completely lost on goons these days. :smithicide:

edit: vvvvv :psypop:

MuffinMan fucked around with this message at 15:51 on Oct 14, 2014

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

MuffinMan posted:

I made the video first, ding and all :colbert:

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

I can't make out any names on my phone, what's the play by play on that video and who is getting owned

MuffinMan posted:

edit: vvvvv :psypop:

We've been hurt before, and are a deeply suspicious and sensitive lot

A Tartan Tory
Mar 26, 2010

You call that a shotgun?!

Rayjenkins posted:

The best and only legitimate ways to troll air are the following, where the Haram is cancelled out by the Fard of sheer awesomeness.

1. Ram the Jinn with aircraft.
2. Decimator the Jinn from the ground.
3. Shoot the Jinn from the ground with an AP cannon.
4. Use Allah's favourite weapons, the coyote missiles and A2A missiles, against the Jinn.

So sayeth the Caliph Abu Bakr al-Vanudi. Insha'Allah Al-kifāya.

With your help, this Jihad against airshittery can be successful. :jihad:

A Tartan Tory fucked around with this message at 15:59 on Oct 14, 2014

treizebee
Dec 30, 2011

Stage 3 oil injection

Fart Car '97 posted:

They get even angrier once you learn to use the nosegun and use them both to dunk them even harder.

It needs to be spread to more airpubs that you can still track the tomcat to target using the nosegun instead of staying in the tomcat reticle.

Digital Fingers
Sep 2, 2012

There was a QRY squad up by the warpgate the other day which jumped me so I immediately singled out Willterry and rammed him.

Forgot to type good duel :negative:

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

treizebee posted:

It needs to be spread to more airpubs that you can still track the tomcat to target using the nosegun instead of staying in the tomcat reticle.

You haven't truly seen a sky knight rage until you do the 'Tomcat -> Vortek Clip -> Tomcat' combo, and then reply to their tell with 'If you didn't notice I dunked you with the nose-gun as well' :smugdog:

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

Miller vs Emerald in 30 seconds.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ildVEVAWhM

alarumklok
Jun 30, 2012

Fart Car '97 posted:

You haven't truly seen a sky knight rage until you do the 'Tomcat -> Vortek Clip -> Tomcat' combo, and then reply to their tell with 'If you didn't notice I dunked you with the nose-gun as well' :smugdog:

It's better if you just do like the last 1% with the vortek and feign complete ignorance: "what do you mean, I killed you with the vortek scrub"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

These missiles were made for lockin
And that's just what they'll do
One day these missiles
Will lock right on to you

• Locked thread