Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

Nintendo Land has to be mentioned for the perfect game to play for 20 minutes when you have properly non-gaming friends over. Pretty expensive for what it is, but everyone loves creating a Mii and playing the ghost mansion game while sipping some wine and chatting.

I'd call my Wii U purchase entirely motivated off the back of half a dozen social events kicked off with that stupid little game by itself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!
The Wii U is a video game entertainment console made by Nintendo and is home to several fun video games that you could play and enjoy. :)

unimportantguy
Dec 25, 2012

Hey, Johnny, what's a "shitpost"?

Hungry Bit posted:

Seriously if you have any friends of the type that only play sports games and tournament callofduties they won't loving shut up about how gay you are for purchasing a kiddie console for babies. It cannot even loving stream ESPN you scrub! God just let me play my baby games in peace okay

If you have friends like this, get better friends.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

unimportantguy posted:

If you have friends like this, get better friends.

Or if they like those games so much just play them at their houses? Instead of being the group bitch and dropping close to a grand on a console and games you don't want so your friends can play Madden.

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~

Jewigi posted:

*straightens Dr. Who cosplay tie* h e h, showed that guy

Ultigonio
Oct 26, 2012

Well now.

spudsbuckley posted:

I don;t really want to get into an argument with Platinum game fans because it's just a losing battle due to niche-ness but if posting was like their games play then all my posts would be "ABABABABABABAABABABABABABABABBBBBBAAAAAABBAABABABABABA" so i'm just going to drop it.

What downloadable games are good on the Wii U?

Ignoring the fact that you're a dunce, the recommended games list in the OP also includes downloadable titles. My top recommendations would be Scram Kitty and Pushmo World. There's a pretty decent volume of quality digital games on the system (MSF HD, Toki Tori 2, RUSH, etc.), even if there aren't many exclusives.

also can we not make this into the other Wii U thread, TIA.

Ultigonio fucked around with this message at 23:29 on Oct 13, 2014

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Also while it is multiplatform, Shovel Knight just feels at home on a Nintendo console.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
WHen is the Gamecube games?

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Macaluso posted:

Also while it is multiplatform, Shovel Knight just feels at home on a Nintendo console.

Seconding Shovel Knight! It's glorious, and just feels so right on the Wii U.

virtualboyCOLOR
Dec 22, 2004

spudsbuckley posted:

What downloadable games are good on the Wii U?

Bayonetta 2.

Shelf Adventure
Jul 18, 2006
I'm down with that brother

oknope posted:

WHen is the Gamecube games?

Wait until they announce they're going to do them

Pegged Lamb
Nov 5, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!
http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2014/10/gallery_enjoy_a_cuteness_overload_in_these_captain_toad_treasure_tracker_screens some lovely screens of Capt. Toad

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

GOTY

Macaluso fucked around with this message at 01:00 on Oct 14, 2014

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
So, remember that point in the Wii's lifecycle where everyone was begging for a Wii lightsaber game and couldn't understand why noone had made one?

Guess what! Factor 5 made an enhanced remake of the Rogue Squadron trilogy for Wii and added tons of poo poo including first-person lightsaber battles that used MotionPlus, and it was fully complete, but LucasArts decided not to release it because ??? http://au.ign.com/articles/2014/10/13/cancelled-star-wars-rogue-squadron-wii-game-footage-found

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

So, remember that point in the Wii's lifecycle where everyone was begging for a Wii lightsaber game and couldn't understand why noone had made one?

Guess what! Factor 5 made an enhanced remake of the Rogue Squadron trilogy for Wii and added tons of poo poo including first-person lightsaber battles that used MotionPlus, and it was fully complete, but LucasArts decided not to release it because ??? http://au.ign.com/articles/2014/10/13/cancelled-star-wars-rogue-squadron-wii-game-footage-found

Probably because chaos reigns and it's loving hilarious

Edit: Amazing:

quote:

"...we wanted to support every single control that you could imagine. So, for the flight sequences, you could, for example, choose to have the Mario Kart wheel to actually control your X-Wing, together with the balance board, which would control the pedals."
An all-new graphics engine had the game running at 60 frames per second (fps), with a visual fidelity Eggebrecht is still proud of.

Too beautiful for this world

Lemming fucked around with this message at 01:05 on Oct 14, 2014

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:
Star Wars: Rebel Strike: Rogue Squadron III, that re-release being cancelled and Lair are all karma for no one buying Super Turrican 2.

Fremry
Nov 4, 2003

Shelf Adventure posted:

Wait until they announce they're going to do them

And then wait a couple more years. We still don't have N64 games on the Wii U.

whaley
Aug 13, 2000

MY DOODOO IS SPRAYING OUT

spudsbuckley posted:

if posting was like their games play then all my posts would be "ABABABABABABAABABABABABABABABBBBBBAAAAAABBAABABABABABA"

Isn't this every game?

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

This would have been one of my favorite Wii games, terrible news.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

whaley posted:

Isn't this every game?

Don't be ridiculous, you sometimes pretty L1 and R2.

All Frogs
Sep 18, 2014

That sounds like it could have been one of the best Wii games ever made. It's a shame it never got released for likely stupid reasons.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

Join Captain Bloom on an adventurous quest to discover where that blinding light is coming from Holiday 2014

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

Shake my head if you think this would be anything except hyped beyond belief and then insanely disappointing

Asnorban
Jun 13, 2003

Professor Gavelsmoke

allfrogs247 posted:

That sounds like it could have been one of the best Wii games ever made. It's a shame it never got released for likely stupid reasons.

Maybe it did us a favor in the long run and it could come to Wii U so we can play it in HD. Well worth the wait if that happened.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

oddium posted:

Shake my head if you think this would be anything except hyped beyond belief and then insanely disappointing

I don't really care about the lightsaber stuff but the idea that they had all three Rogue Squadrons ported to Wii but didn't release it is loving mindboggling. Those were popular, critically-acclaimed games and the GC originals were already prettier than most everything on Wii, and Factor 5 self-funded development so it hadn't even cost LucasArts a lot out of their own pocket, yet they decided to stick it in a vault instead of releasing it and making lots of money.

Oh wait, I forgot, they released this instead:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BQafLPpY_Lc

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

oddium posted:

The vehicular stuff would probably be cool and everything else would suck, just like Rogue Leader.

Asnorban posted:

Maybe it did us a favor in the long run and it could come to Wii U so we can play it in HD. Well worth the wait if that happened.
Factor 5 doesn't exist anymore and new LucasArts is a joke.

All Frogs
Sep 18, 2014

Asnorban posted:

That would be rad, but I won't hold my breath.

romanowski
Nov 10, 2012

spudsbuckley posted:

I don;t really want to get into an argument with Platinum game fans because it's just a losing battle due to niche-ness but if posting was like their games play then all my posts would be "ABABABABABABAABABABABABABABABBBBBBAAAAAABBAABABABABABA" so i'm just going to drop it.

an extremely dumb post by a major dummy

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

News like this makes me glad Lucasart is dead.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Asnorban posted:

Unfortunately, LucasArts has said that all Star Wars games from now on have to fit in the new Star Wars canon so I doubt they could use it as-is.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Astro7x posted:

I feel the same way. It was entertaining, I beat the demo, and in true Platinum games fashion I am sure there is a way I could have beaten it better, but I don't quite understand how I won.

This is my relationship with Platinum games.
I start them and have no idea what I'm doing but it sure looks awesome and I like awesome things. Then more awesome poo poo happens and I keep playing. I struggle through the game to a big boss. Said boss holds me up for a few hours where I finally learn the game mechanics proper and I play it again only to discover I've suddenly become good at the game and almost understand what I'm doing and find an entirely new layer of fun.
I finally learned to parry while fighting Senator Armstrong in Revengeance. I learned to properly dodge in the second fight against Jeanne in Bayo1. Though Vanquish functions completely different from the aforementioned games I learned to combine speed and tactics in my fight against the two scorpion/cat things at the same time. (before that I was basically rocket slide kicking everything in sight :allears: )

Unlike other games, each death makes me feel like I've learned something. :psyduck:

Old Swerdlow
Jul 24, 2008
I just bought ZombiU. Any quick tips I should know before playing?

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Don't play when your wife is at home. The zombie sounds will stress her out and you'll have a huge fight about it.

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

The eShop really needs a tagging system like Steams, so we can add the highly important [[May end your marriage]] tag to suitable games.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Old Swerdlow posted:

I just bought ZombiU. Any quick tips I should know before playing?

Keep a spare gun and medpacks in the storage bin at the hideout. You WILL die. Also make sure you're connected online so you can come across other player's zombies to loot their stuff.

Cybernetic Vermin posted:

The eShop really needs a tagging system like Steams, so we can add the highly important [[May end your marriage]] tag to suitable games.

You can quantify this with anything with multiplayer and the name "Mario" in the title.

Electromax
May 6, 2007

greatn posted:

Don't play when your wife is at home. The zombie sounds will stress her out and you'll have a huge fight about it.

That sounds like a funny fight to be a fly on the wall for.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

How do i submit game suggestions to Nintendo

I want a game where Wario and Rosalina have to team up for some reason

davey4283
Aug 14, 2006
Fallen Rib

Silver Falcon posted:

Seconding Shovel Knight! It's glorious, and just feels so right on the Wii U.

I just beat it and man was that awesome. Glad there was a happy ending too. Was totally stoked when shield knight limped up at the end.

I hope they make a sequel or another in the same vein that's just as rad.

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

Macaluso posted:

How do i submit game suggestions to Nintendo

I want a game where Wario and Rosalina have to team up for some reason

I just want Wa versions of all the princesses. They'd be way better than all the Mario Kart babies in the party games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fremry
Nov 4, 2003

davey4283 posted:

I just beat it and man was that awesome. Glad there was a happy ending too. Was totally stoked when shield knight limped up at the end.

I hope they make a sequel or another in the same vein that's just as rad.

They sold 180k copies in the first month and it was so highly rated that I'm hoping those two things are enough to warrant a sequel.

• Locked thread