Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Terrible Robot posted:

My guts are made of titanium and hatred, I can't remember the last time I had more than minor indigestion. Likewise for my immune system, when I do get sick it's for maybe a day or two at most, if it even gets that bad.

I'm probably going to keel over stone dead one day or something.

I was the same way. I had the flu once when i was like, 12, really bad food poisoning at 21. Then about 2 months before my 27th birthday i started feeling feeling flu like, went in, they did blood tests, assumed it was the flu and sent me home. It didn't get better, went back, they still figured flu. After about a month i had lost 50 pounds so they figured it was serious, did all kinds of tests, an emergency colonoscopy, and put me on the starter meds to which i was alergic and ended up spending my 27th birthday in the hospital being fed through a chest catheter. But it was nothing for a really long time, then in a day i became the most unhealthy person on the planet.

The worst part of Ulcerative colitis and chron's is how little is understood about it, both by doctors and people. There is no cure, the drugs to control it are a crapshoot. People say really dumb poo poo to you about it like "i have a friend with chrons and they're fine, why are you having so much trouble", or suggesting the diet of the day they read on some blog that claims to cure everything under the sun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen

mariooncrack posted:

I'm in the minority here, I don't drink at all...I don't like the taste of alcohol, can taste it much more than others

Same here. Everyone tells me I don't like beer because I "haven't found the right one", but it all tastes like malt and alcohol to me. I can't tell the difference between a cheap light beer and a fruity craft beer.

mariooncrack posted:

generally don't like the feeling of being intoxicated

I'm already hosed up, I don't need chemical enhancement.

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot
It's just beef and heavy fiber that makes me water cannon through my butthole.

Heading to hf tomorrow and getting that 44" tool cabinet. Can't wait to get rid of this lovely craftsman tool box. gently caress that thing.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

The only alcohol that I like are ciders, fireball mixed with cider, and gin and tonics and a few other mixed drinks.

Beer is gross and I will never like it

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

Out of the icu. Now I'm on a heart floor wearing an ekg machine, with blood sugar tests every hour.

Still gonna be in thrl hospital a another day or two. But at least I can shower there.

MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

FLIGHT SAFETY TIP: Fatties out first

All I have to worry about is lactose intolerance, which is pretty bad in my case. About the most milk I can consume at any given time is about what you'd put in your coffee/tea and that's it; also ice cream is off-limits too sadly (but yogurt and cheese is A-OK). I basically don't drink either (though anyone who followed me on Snapchat during Oktoberfest might think otherwise :v:) - work/work scheduling basically means I don't have time to drink, and it feels really loving weird having a beer at 7 am.

Also today is Canadian Thanksgiving and I have a serious case of the turkey nods right now.

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008

some texas redneck posted:

Out of the icu. Now I'm on a heart floor wearing an ekg machine, with blood sugar tests every hour.

Still gonna be in thrl hospital a another day or two. But at least I can shower there.

Good to hear you're doing better.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Glad you're okay man. Continue to keep us updated please, either here or on FB.

slip proof stairs
Oct 22, 2012

Powershift posted:

The worst part of Ulcerative colitis and chron's is how little is understood about it, both by doctors and people. There is no cure, the drugs to control it are a crapshoot. People say really dumb poo poo to you about it like "i have a friend with chrons and they're fine, why are you having so much trouble", or suggesting the diet of the day they read on some blog that claims to cure everything under the sun.

Yeah, that poo poo bugs me, too. A few people I know tell me "Oh, well my friend just watches their diet and they're fine. Maybe you should try that." Like eating carbs put a hole in my intestines or something.

Glad to hear you're alive and doing better. Hospitals suck, but not as much as dying.

Car-wise: I made my first RockAuto purchase on Saturday. Got a new tail light assembly coming because somebody was kind enough to take it out in the parking lot while I was getting groceries. Dealer wanted $350 to install the $120 part, which (surprisingly) doesn't hit my insurance deductible, so home job it is. I was tempted to buy a ton of parts for the Volvo when looking through their catalog, but I can't be spending money like that for a couple months.

Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen

Now I'm on a heart floor wearing an ekg machine, with blood sugar tests every hour.

Jesus...what are they looking for?

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

Glad to hear you are doing better, keep us updated on your progress.

My best friend has lactose intolerance and we are pretty certain also Crohn's, though the doctors haven't been able to give him a definitive diagnosis yet. It sucks, definitely wouldn't wish it on anyone.

The Royal Nonesuch
Nov 1, 2005

If any of you stomach & bowel goons want, I will send you a bottle of my custom sauce: 50 habanero/10 arbol chili/5 chipotle/5 red jalapeno. Couple of tomatoes too, I guess. Guaranteed to melt out your lovely old stomach and force you to regrow a new one! I affectionately named it Butt-Death, and it is known to clear up even the most entrenched of sinus colds.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

I like the CSB cure better, kill that poo poo with alcohol.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
What's the over/under on STR being fired for not showing up to work?

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

(Insert Mad Max related text)

Never been a drinker. Never have had a drink ever. I am the resident AI Mormon guy, so there is that. I've never had any crazy health things. Just an inguinal hernia fixed with outpatient surgery. Recovery was pretty crap.

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

The Royal Nonesuch posted:

If any of you stomach & bowel goons want, I will send you a bottle of my custom sauce: 50 habanero/10 arbol chili/5 chipotle/5 red jalapeno. Couple of tomatoes too, I guess. Guaranteed to melt out your lovely old stomach and force you to regrow a new one! I affectionately named it Butt-Death, and it is known to clear up even the most entrenched of sinus colds.

I love to collect hot sauces, the hotter the better. Count me in for some goon-sauce :quagmire:

I used to be able to put alcohol away at a ridiculous rate, and would do so happily several times a week. Now, I don't even know how long it has been since I drank enough to even get a buzz, although I still have a decent tolerance so that doesn't help. I stick to weed, it doesn't give me hangovers and I can still get things done on it.

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe

If any of you stomach & bowel goons want, I will send you a bottle of my custom sauce: 50 habanero/10 arbol chili/5 chipotle/5 red jalapeno.

count me in for a couple of bottles.

I'm going to chernobyl 2.0 this motherfucker

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
You guys are worse than GBS, except you actually have driver's licenses (presumably).

Ferremit
Sep 14, 2007
if I haven't posted about MY LANDCRUISER yet, check my bullbars for kangaroo prints

I'm allergic to mushrooms, which sucks cos it's one of the new superfoods everyone includes in everything, and it's also a major flavouring agent in a lot of Japanese cooking. Fortunately it's not the "stop breathing" allergy, but it liquifies my entire digestive tract and ejects it downwards. Means I've never done magic shrooms either cos I can think of nothing worse than tripping balls whilst making GBS threads like a duck.

In other news: just another day at the office.

MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

FLIGHT SAFETY TIP: Fatties out first

CharlesM posted:

You guys are worse than GBS, except you actually have driver's licenses (presumably).

No, here we can have an honest and open discussion about our bowels. GBS is the equivalent of a poorly-behaved 3-year old at a Christmas concert running up to a microphone, shouting "POOOOOP!" as loud as they can and running away laughing.

Black88GTA
Oct 8, 2009
Boozechat: You all need to go out right now and get a bottle of Jim Beam Maple and resist the urge to pour it over waffles. This poo poo tastes like maple syrup and is amazing. Some friends had this at a party I was at, and even the most "eww, I only drink wine or fruity mixed drinks" girls liked it.

LloydDobler
Oct 15, 2005

You shared it with a dick.

Every time my best friend makes something like this, his wife goes "I'll put the toilet paper in the freezer for ya."

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

MrChips posted:

No, here we can have an honest and open discussion about our bowels. GBS is the equivalent of a poorly-behaved 3-year old at a Christmas concert running up to a microphone, shouting "POOOOOP!" as loud as they can and running away laughing.

If that happened at a Christmas party I was attending I would probably think that was funny and laugh.

Because poop jokes always work, no matter the delivery.

GBS would be the annoying child doing nothing funny and just annoying the poo poo out of everyone.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher
Great, now I've caught the lurgi from the rest of AI. At least I can see the funny side - I have the fart from hell brewing. When it lets go it is going to cause an earthquake and take out California.

freelop
Apr 28, 2013

Where we're going, we won't need fries to see

Bottle it and have 13" smoke it

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

And, of course as always, kill Hitler.

I just got over a mild case of bronchitis myself. Luckily I was working outside the entire time so I just kept popping Mucinex and cough drops and hawkin up lung butter.

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008
Not quite sure what I ate too cause this yet but I too have been farting up a storm. Glad my girlfriend isn't here to deal with that. :cheeky:

angryhampster
Oct 21, 2005

I would take some of your butt-death.

I've got chronic heartburn, but it's equalized with a prilosec every other day or so. Other than that I haven't had any real health problems since I was in college 5-6 years ago. I could probably kick the heartburn if I quit eating chorizo all the time and loving beer so much.

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

leica posted:

Found out I have Crohn's disease today, yay for me!
drat Leica that sucks, hope you are able to treat or at least control it with meds. Welcome to the hosed up GI club. I'd recommend keeping a food journal/log of some kind for a while to figure out which food are good and bad for your situation.

meatpimp posted:

At least it would be an AI first. :unsmith:
Nope. I had one for a year...when I was 12 loving years old.

Good to hear you escaped the ICU.

Somewhat Heroic posted:

Just an inguinal hernia fixed with outpatient surgery. Recovery was pretty crap.
:hfive: hernia buddy. They hosed up my operation so I ended up in a wheel chair for a month...I did lots of wheelies.

More gut chat: My gut is about the best it's ever been and likely will ever be right now. Mild lactose intolerance that's only triggered by milk (I just toss 10 lactase tablets in the gallon jug) and essentially the symptoms of short bowel syndrome. If I avoid stuff that's super processed I do ok.

Drinking chat: I usually don't drink much. While in Germany I drink a lot of beer because I was in Germany, wasn't on call all the time and mass transit is amazing. I'll have a beer after work a few times a week and a rum/whiskey/whatever with a cigar but that's about it. If I go out to eat (rare) I'll get a beer with dinner. More than a couple beers and I'd be better off sleeping on the toilet. I'm pretty boring.

Travel Chat: Flying sucks but I lucked out and the family with young kids next to me for the 8.5 hour flight were really good. Sadly someone sitting within a row or two of me on the plane had horrible, eye watering gas. 19.5 hours of travel yesterday. Get to the airport and find a flat tire on my car so I limped it to a gas station filled it with fix a flat and drove home.

drat it's nice to be home but holy poo poo have my brother and his wife managed to collect a ton of poo poo in the few months they weren't living here. Boxes piled everywhere full of just random poo poo. Fridge and freezer are full which would be awesome except it's all prepackaged/microwave stuff that destroys my gut. Can already tell I'm going to need to lay ground rules and ensure they stick to them, place is a loving disaster right now.

Oh well time to go get some real food and see if I can make space in the fridge. Working from home today. Think I'm going tire shopping some time this week.

piss boner
May 17, 2003

meatpimp posted:

Why, oh why, don't you have me on ignore like you promised?

I used to have a bunch of the AI shitheads on ignore and it ruined the fun. Hug it out already. :glomp:

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках
I didn't realize how much liquor I used to drink until a homeless lady started raiding my trash for bottles and hauling off a whole garbage bag. Swittching jobs let me go cold turkey, though, and now I just have the ocasional glass of whiskey.

piss boner
May 17, 2003

Holy crap dude, take care of you!

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

Phone posted:

What's the over/under on STR being fired for not showing up to work?

They've been kept up to date with what's going on.

Bucephalus posted:

Jesus...what are they looking for?

Life, I think. :v:

Bloodwork and initial ekg showed stuff they didn't like. My diabetes is still off the charts too, they're trying to get it under control. For some reason they have me on a regular menu, I'm going to request the diabetic version.

I'm getting sick of being tethered to this drat iv, it's an unpleasant shock when I bend over to pick up a dropped to remote.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Well its been liquid death shooting out of my rear end for 12 hours now. Thanks for the digital infection AI.

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal
Speaking of alcoholism, my daughter has been sick and has to take a liquid medicine twice a day. She hates it. To make her feel better, I take some medicine alongside her: a shot of Jager. She smelled it, agreed it was also gross, and now won't take her medicine without me taking a shot of Jager.

In a way, then, my kids are forcing me to drink.

keykey
Mar 28, 2003

Tusen Takk posted:

The only alcohol that I like are ciders, fireball mixed with cider, and gin and tonics and a few other mixed drinks.

Beer is gross and I will never like it

I hear ya, I use to only drink hard alcohol, but then I discovered Hopf Helle Weisse at a friends house. Come to find out I was just trying lovely beer before trying that. Don't even get me started on IPA's, that poo poo is terrible. Then again, it's all personal preference.

freelop
Apr 28, 2013

Where we're going, we won't need fries to see

CornHolio posted:

Speaking of alcoholism, my daughter has been sick and has to take a liquid medicine twice a day. She hates it. To make her feel better, I take some medicine alongside her: a shot of Jager. She smelled it, agreed it was also gross, and now won't take her medicine without me taking a shot of Jager.

In a way, then, my kids are forcing me to drink.

Jager was originally a medicine too :D

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

goatse guy posted:

poo poo bags belong in the drivers seats of Audis.

:colbert: Not cool bro.

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

What have you assholes done now?
Way late to the snapchat party, but add me on chlope_amadick. Send me a dong pic so I know you're from AI.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Super Aggro Crag posted:

I just got over a mild case of bronchitis myself. Luckily I was working outside the entire time so I just kept popping Mucinex and cough drops and hawkin up lung butter.

you are aware that taking mucinex for more than a day or two is a really, really bad idea right?

• Locked thread