Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
phourniner
Feb 19, 2007

When you're in a town like this all covered with smoke, you forget that there's a world outside. Nothing amazing happens here. And you get used to that, used to a world where everything is ordinary. Every day we spend here is like a whole lifetime of dying slowly.

Skandranon posted:

I haven't seen anyone else post this, but I redeemed my Nuuvem code without any issue. Didn't even need to use a VPN to Brazil to do it.

So they really did release the codes for tomorrow then? Welp. Guess I should have waited. At least now I know Nuuvem is an amazing, amazing website for new games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fookolt
Mar 13, 2012

Where there is power
There is resistance
What class are people playing? I was the Siren in the previous two games but I don't know if there's something similar here. I want to cause a lot of different kinds of elemental damage.

Skandranon
Sep 6, 2008
fucking stupid, dont listen to me

phourniner posted:

So they really did release the codes for tomorrow then? Welp. Guess I should have waited. At least now I know Nuuvem is an amazing, amazing website for new games.

Not only that, but I was able to unlock the Nuuvem code via Hong Kong VPN.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Edit: I'm a dumb and it's working now yay

Kerrzhe fucked around with this message at 22:09 on Oct 13, 2014

Nut Better
Feb 17, 2011

:same:

Kerrrrrrr posted:

I still can't get it to work. I've never done this VPN thing before :(

I keep getting "An error occurred while updating Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel. (content still encrypted)" Is that what it's supposed to say when it's still locked or is something actually wrong with my install? I've already redownloaded it once.

Did you make sure to exit steam first, then log in to the vpn, and finally log back in to steam? If that's not the issue then I'm not sure.

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005

fookolt posted:

What class are people playing? I was the Siren in the previous two games but I don't know if there's something similar here. I want to cause a lot of different kinds of elemental damage.

Probably Athena, she gets one skill tree that has lots of different stuff that keys off elemental damage types. Claptrap has some stuff to do with elements too.

thebardyspoon fucked around with this message at 22:39 on Oct 13, 2014

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Oh god Iwajira jfc

Do not try to go into a lava cavern expecting it to be a shortcut to your quest destination

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text
I'm 100% sure this is exactly how you cook a meal in space

MikeRabsitch
Aug 23, 2004

Show us what you got, what you got
I guess none of you have played online yet but does everyone get their own loot or will it be a loot rush again? I like playing with random people but hate the need to be greedy to get upgrades.

Eschatos
Apr 10, 2013

pictured: Big Cum's Most Monstrous Ambassador
Just used VPNGate to start the unlock process. Aww yiss. I think I'll get as far as I can in single player before midnight, then start over in co-op.

Dr.Smasher
Nov 27, 2002

Cyberpunk 1987
I'm just looking forward to teaching more things that if it took more than one shot, you weren't using a Jakobs.

FadedReality
Sep 5, 2007

Okurrrr?
I know its been asked but now that people seem to be playing, does it feel like the drop rates are better than BL2?

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
Crickey mate! The post isn't here, go to this post to find the answer!

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3666603&pagenumber=49&perpage=40#post436784578

Salt Fish fucked around with this message at 00:55 on Dec 24, 2014

RVWinkle
Aug 24, 2004

In relating the circumstances which have led to my confinement within this refuge for the demented, I am aware that my present position will create a natural doubt of the authenticity of my narrative.
Nap Ghost

Ghostpilot posted:

The Mac version of the Pre-Sequel doesn't show up in GMG searches anymore. However if you have a link to it, the 25% off will apply.

Link to Mac version: http://www.greenmangaming.com/s/us/en/pc/games/shooter/borderlands-pre-sequel-mac/

And here's the 25% off code: P65PW6-F9B91D-TW2AG2 :toot:

Thanks for this. The discount on the game and season pass worked and seems to be downloading fine for the PC.

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

:ffg:
EAT THE DONUTS
:ffg:
VPN isn't working for me, don't really know why. Everything else sees the Hong Kong IP address but steam sees through my lies. Oh well, guess I'll just have to wait 24 hours like a mature adult hum--

I'm not gonna make it.

Skandranon
Sep 6, 2008

Friction.123 posted:

VPN isn't working for me, don't really know why. Everything else sees the Hong Kong IP address but steam sees through my lies. Oh well, guess I'll just have to wait 24 hours like a mature adult hum--

I'm not gonna make it.

Check out https://www.dnsleak.com your DNS servers might be giving you away.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

FadedReality posted:

I know its been asked but now that people seem to be playing, does it feel like the drop rates are better than BL2?

I haven't noticed TOO much difference but the first real boss fight (on the moon) is such complete bullshit that I quit for now.

DangerousSpoon
Feb 28, 2009
So do we have a steam group decided on? Either access to the older one or a new one?

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Friction.123 posted:

I'm not gonna make it.

You'll need to restart steam after connecting to the VPN.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

DangerousSpoon posted:

So do we have a steam group decided on? Either access to the older one or a new one?

Not yet, but as I've said a bunch of times already I'd be fine with repurposing Bordergoons 2 for it.

ArchRanger
Mar 19, 2007
I'm tired of following my dreams, I'm just gonna ask where they're goin' and meet up with 'em there.

I'm gonna go ahead and post my Steam name here since nothing has been decided about the group. Add me and lets play tonight. CTS has a Borderlands channel I plan on hanging out in tonight as well. http://steamcommunity.com/id/archranger/

Kaethela posted:

Not yet, but as I've said a bunch of times already I'd be fine with repurposing Bordergoons 2 for it.

Membership is still closed with no one in chat to ask for an invite.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
The game is fun so far. The first real boss (past the intro mission) has a little bit too much shield health, especially since you probably won't have an electric weapon by that point, but I went with Nisha for my first playthrough and her action skill so far is seriously unbelievable. Nisha + Laser gun = Everything dies or your money back.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

CJacobs posted:

The game is fun so far. The first real boss (past the intro mission) has a little bit too much shield health, especially since you probably won't have an electric weapon by that point, but I went with Nisha for my first playthrough and her action skill so far is seriously unbelievable. Nisha + Laser gun = Everything dies or your money back.

If you're talking about the boss I'm thinking of, I was able to destroy him with the shotgun you get at the start for having old saves. That thing is so good and stays useful for quite a while.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

Genocyber posted:

If you're talking about the boss I'm thinking of, I was able to destroy him with the shotgun you get at the start for having old saves. That thing is so good and stays useful for quite a while.

Weird, I didn't get a shotgun. I got a revolver.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Also, wow, moon buggies are incredibly sticky and not fun to drive around in! You'd think having lower gravity would keep it from sticking to the ground and handling like the wheels are covered in tar.

Mokinokaro posted:

Weird, I didn't get a shotgun. I got a revolver.

I got both.

edit: Lol they're still censoring curse words :rolleyes:

CJacobs fucked around with this message at 02:05 on Oct 14, 2014

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

CJacobs posted:

Also, wow, moon buggies are incredibly sticky and not fun to drive around in! You'd think having lower gravity would keep it from sticking to the ground and handling like the wheels are covered in tar.

I got both.

edit: Lol they're still censoring curse words :rolleyes:

Driving has always been terrible so I am not surprised. Still disappointed.

The reviews that I see out are right where I expected them to be: More Borderlands with diminishing returns. Still will see about unlocking the game early when I get home though.

turnways
Jun 22, 2004

Friction.123 posted:

I'm not gonna make it.

Are you logged into the mobile app, or on another computer? Either of those will prevent Steam from rechecking where your local IP is coming from.

Anyway, thoughts on the early game:

Story doesn't seem as "tight" as the beginning of BL2, and even that game was pretty loose. From a story perspective, it's weird that the character telling the story isn't the one I'm playing, whereas they'd more cleverly danced around the "main character could be anybody" thing outside co-op in prior games. Guns feel alright but I'm beginning to remember what always kills my motivation to progress: I find a decent gun I have a lot of fun firing/killing things with, and within a few quests it starts to degrade and soon I have to find another gun and more often than not I don't like it as much but at least it'll destroy a thing.

Also the first real boss is incredibly unfun, but the rest has been pretty decent. I'll occasionally get caught on some invisible geometry walking down stairs, or I'll get a "your full party must be assembled before you can proceed" even though I'm playing alone, but overall it's definitely more Borderlands.

turnways fucked around with this message at 02:43 on Oct 14, 2014

Eschatos
Apr 10, 2013

pictured: Big Cum's Most Monstrous Ambassador

FadedReality posted:

There are definitely more chests, but the chance to get decent guns appears to be about the same as BL2. So far in about an hour and a half the only random blue I've gotten has been a SMG from a trash can.

I have a new favorite gun.

edit: I could use a Steam group invite as well. Same steam name as here.

Eschatos fucked around with this message at 02:44 on Oct 14, 2014

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

ArchRanger posted:

Membership is still closed with no one in chat to ask for an invite.

Posting your profile should suffice, but I'll hang out in chat when I get home from work to dole out invites.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Can anyone confirm/deny whether the saves carry over from the Linux to the Windows versions, and vice versa? I know this was an issue with BL2, and I'm not sure if I want to start playing BL:TPS on the Linux side of my machine if I can't use those saves on the Windows side, too.

Edit: My Steam profile is the same name and uses the same image as the avatar as on my SA profile, if anyone wants to add me.

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198004280178

CaptainSarcastic fucked around with this message at 02:47 on Oct 14, 2014

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
When does this release on steam today?

Ludicrous G. Gibs
Jan 28, 2012

Drinks?
Checking around for folks to play this with when it launches in a few hours. Add me if you want. http://steamcommunity.com/id/oatmealpacket/

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
By the way, I hope the "ha ha australian people talk funny!" jokes start to thin out as the game goes on because that's been pretty much a good third of the material so far and it's getting kinda grating.

wolrah
May 8, 2006
what?

CaptainSarcastic posted:

Can anyone confirm/deny whether the saves carry over from the Linux to the Windows versions, and vice versa? I know this was an issue with BL2, and I'm not sure if I want to start playing BL:TPS on the Linux side of my machine if I can't use those saves on the Windows side, too.

It's exactly the same as BL2, saves are compatible but Steam Cloud will not sync across platforms because patches may be delayed on *nix platforms and that could possibly cause Bad Things™ to happen to your game if you played across platforms when the versions were not in sync.

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005
This is, sadly, more important to me than bettering myself.

CJacobs posted:

By the way, I hope the "ha ha australian people talk funny!" jokes start to thin out as the game goes on because that's been pretty much a good third of the material so far and it's getting kinda grating.

I'm sure things will get better once Tiny Tina is thrown into the mix. :suicide:

Graviija
Apr 26, 2008

Implied, Lisa...or implode?
College Slice
I forgot if the devs ever mentioned this or if anyone has an opinion yet, but are assault rifles better in this game? It was such a shame that they were useless in BL2.

DangerousSpoon
Feb 28, 2009

Kaethela posted:

Posting your profile should suffice, but I'll hang out in chat when I get home from work to dole out invites.

In that case I am http://steamcommunity.com/id/Kanimas for the group and anyone that wants to play tonight.

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

"As a rule, I never touch anything more sophisticated and delicate than myself."
Hmm, reformatted since I last played BL 1 and 2. Hopefully there's an alternative to getting the bonus content from TPS detecting the old save than having to reinstall both.

Skandranon
Sep 6, 2008

turnways posted:

Story doesn't seem as "tight" as the beginning of BL2, and even that game was pretty loose. From a story perspective, it's weird that the character telling the story isn't the one I'm playing, whereas they'd more cleverly danced around the "main character could be anybody" thing outside co-op in prior games. Guns feel alright but I'm beginning to remember what always kills my motivation to progress: I find a decent gun I have a lot of fun firing/killing things with, and within a few quests it starts to degrade and soon I have to find another gun and more often than not I don't like it as much but at least it'll destroy a thing.

Well, from the timeline they show in the intro... it really only CAN be Athena that tells the story, as we know Nisha, Jack, and Wilhelm are dead. And really, who wants to hear MORE of Claptrap?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Ghostpilot posted:

Hmm, reformatted since I last played BL 1 and 2. Hopefully there's an alternative to getting the bonus content from TPS detecting the old save than having to reinstall both.

Just get a save from the internet.

CJacobs posted:

I don't know what you mean?

Genocyber fucked around with this message at 03:52 on Oct 14, 2014

• Locked thread