Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Antistar01
Oct 20, 2013
The Courthouse is close-by now, and has some interesting missions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Argent Cinereus
Feb 25, 2013
Throwing in my vote for the Courthouse. Just wondering what their deal is.

Dad Jokes
May 25, 2011

By the way, did we ever see what happened to Alan after you kicked him out and he set up an enclave? Did he die/go missing/despawn offcamera?

whowhatwhere
Mar 15, 2010

SHINee's back

Wiseblood posted:

I've never had it happen, but apparently it's possible for a soldier in Lifeline to spawn with both Powerhouse AND Reflexes.

It happened to me. And then I restarted the game in a rage after getting stuck in a police building with a million weapons, having to reload, and the entire building's supply despawning.

Come back special forces guy. Come back :(

(is it me or is Lifeline hella buggy compared to the main game?)

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Trust me, you are taking this a lot more seriously then I am.
Too bad about Maya she really showed some guts at the end.

Shei-kun
Dec 2, 2011

Screw you, physics!

SirDan3k posted:

Too bad about Maya she really showed some guts at the end.
Yeah, losing her is really tearing me up inside.

Shady Amish Terror
Oct 11, 2007
I'm not Amish by choice. 8(
I fear by the end of this we're going to be stretching the language so badly that it's going to cause a divisive split in the thread as the puns fill half of us with visceral rage.

skoolmunkee
Jun 27, 2004

Tell your friends we're coming for them

Oh my god

You guys :3:

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Shady Amish Terror posted:

I fear by the end of this we're going to be stretching the language so badly that it's going to cause a divisive split in the thread as the puns fill half of us with visceral rage.

No reason to get torn up over it.

Pennfalath
Sep 10, 2011

Why are these teenagers not at home studying their Latin vocabulary?
We need to pull it together, people!

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

When I want to relax, I read an essay by Engels. When I want something more serious, I read Corto Maltese.

Stop it or I'll have your guts for garters.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
Everyone needs to stop spilling their guts in this topic.

BrainWeasel
May 8, 2007

I'll reattach your arm when I hit fucking Level 2!
These puns are intestine my patience.

skoolmunkee
Jun 27, 2004

I love you guys thiiiiiis much... Wider... Wider....

MoadDib
Apr 4, 2009
Stop this, my sides are splitting.

On a more gameplay related note, I didn't notice a reduction in morale or survivor moods when Maya was ripped from all their lives. Is it just not showing the reduction in the tooltip or is there not one when someone you're not controlling bites it while on a mission with you?

Kloro
Oct 24, 2008

Fancy a grown man saying hujus hujus hujus as if he were proud of it it is not english and do not make SENSE.
I guess when there's a crisis some people just go to pieces.

And I'm pretty sure there should be a mood drop. Did you get the memorial scene yet? It might not kick in until then.

Narahari
Apr 12, 2009
Maybe they just haven't pieced it together yet. I'm sure, given enough time, they half to notice the rift.

Edit: Art question. Does anyone know about the art design in this game? Did they create any of the viscera in Maya?

Narahari fucked around with this message at 00:48 on Oct 16, 2014

Kloro
Oct 24, 2008

Fancy a grown man saying hujus hujus hujus as if he were proud of it it is not english and do not make SENSE.
Actually it was two art guys from Guild Wars (Doug Williams and Brant Fitzgerald) who originally came up with the pitch for State of Decay. (And for anyone upset that the sequel is heading in the MMO direction, apparently that was the original idea for this game before it evolved into single player.) There's a good interview with the producer here where he talks about this stuff.

As a European who's spent a reasonable amount of time in the US, I absolutely love the art direction in this game, by the way. It's the only one I can think of that utterly nails the feeling of small town Americana.

JackNapier
Jun 20, 2014

Kloro posted:

As a European who's spent a reasonable amount of time in the US, I absolutely love the art direction in this game, by the way. It's the only one I can think of that utterly nails the feeling of small town Americana.

I can second this, the game really truly nails the feeling of a small town environment, right down to the little details, like diners like The Alamo, and the mass amounts of huge farming and countryside around the towns, feels like they ripped my little section of Ohio out of the state and put it in the game

azren
Feb 14, 2011

I'm disappointed in Maya. There's a specific thing you are required to say, by law, when zombies tear you in half (spoilers for the classic Day of the Dead):https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ShPsD2kKUeg (relevant portion begins at about 2:25)

Also, I'm sick of hearing about Jack. I say we take care of that ASAP.

azren fucked around with this message at 04:07 on Oct 18, 2014

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

azren posted:

I'm disappointed in Maya. There's a specific thing you are required to say, by law, when zombies tear you in half (spoilers for the classic Day of the Dead):https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ShPsD2kKUeg (relevant portion begins at about 2:25)

Also, I'm sick of hearing about Jack. I say we take care of that ASAP.

you're tearing me apart, zombies!

skoolmunkee
Jun 27, 2004

Hello my friends! I have another update for you. I'll try to get the next one out in a couple days, I feel like I'm falling behind.

I've also updated the list of survivors in the second post (don't check til you've watched the ep)

Skippy Granola
Sep 3, 2011

It's not what it looks like.
AKA Skippy laughs like he's been doin whip-its.

Sorry if it's annoying but there is some quality comedy up in this ep.

Antistar01
Oct 20, 2013
I've never died in State of Decay (:smug:) so I've never done that grenade thing myself... but I have seen other 'survivors' do it. (:smith:)

There actually is a website - holy crap.

I haven't spent a lot of time with the spin or sweep special attacks, but spin seems pretty cool.

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

I made a bad graph and tossed it on twitter and people liked it so here it is.

gnome7
Oct 21, 2010

Who's this Little
Spaghetti?? ??
I'm gonna vote for the Spin, because spinning is more fun than sweeping.

whowhatwhere
Mar 15, 2010

SHINee's back
Sweep is amazing. It kills every (non-bullshit) zombie in a wide arc in front of you. Spin just tired you out knocking them down.

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

skoolmunkee posted:

Loved hiking (+cardio, +wits), Asthma Attacks (-cardio)

The way you have this worded makes me think she loved asthma attacks. She kept hiking for a more extreme rush and eventually the zombie apocalypse hike got her. :smith:

MoadDib
Apr 4, 2009
Gotta go with Sweep. Marcus shall be our unkillable zombie-murdering juggernaut now that we've lost Jacob.

Narahari
Apr 12, 2009
Well, whenever things fall apart we get the hero we deserve; Omar Coronado does not care about your arbitrary borders which tell him where he ought to be. Omar Coronado takes his cask of zombietillado and goes where he pleases.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

When I want to relax, I read an essay by Engels. When I want something more serious, I read Corto Maltese.

I suggest you sweep the floor with those suckers.

The GIG
Jun 28, 2011

Yeah, I say "Shit" a shit-ton of times. What of it, shithead?
Sweep the leg Marcus. Also I would love to know the story behind the Legendary Omar Coronado. Where did he come from? How did he gain his superhuman ability to be where ever he's needed? How can he go through life so calmly and efficiently, knowing he is such an important pillar of the community that everyone looks to in times of need? Can he feel, or has he discarded emotions to better take up his needed role?

Who really is Omar "loving" Coronado?

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

The GIG posted:

Sweep the leg Marcus. Also I would love to know the story behind the Legendary Omar Coronado. Where did he come from? How did he gain his superhuman ability to be where ever he's needed? How can he go through life so calmly and efficiently, knowing he is such an important pillar of the community that everyone looks to in times of need? Can he feel, or has he discarded emotions to better take up his needed role?

Who really is Omar "loving" Coronado?

Nobody's ever told him he couldn't teleport or be unfazed by apocalypses. Nobody ever will, because he's Omar Coronado. He does what he wants to.

Skippy Granola
Sep 3, 2011

It's not what it looks like.
He's basically the Captain Toad of this game.

Tuxedo Ted
Apr 24, 2007

Pick whatever skill that lets us do this regularly:

skoolmunkee
Jun 27, 2004

Is that Ed on fire's shadow in the background

Tuxedo Ted
Apr 24, 2007

Yes. Yes it is.

skoolmunkee
Jun 27, 2004

Dad Jokes posted:

By the way, did we ever see what happened to Alan after you kicked him out and he set up an enclave? Did he die/go missing/despawn offcamera?

Like all the other enclaves we've run into, his little outpost collapsed almost immediately and we never heard from him again. We didn't find his stuff though, which happens sometimes when enclave members die off-screen. I suppose if I searched every building in the map I might find it, because rucksacks aren't supposed to despawn.

I was almost certain I managed to kick someone else out too, a woman. But I skimmed through my videos and didn't see it... I could have sworn I followed a lady after I kicked her out to see where she set up, and that it was basically the house next to Alan's? Must be confusing it with something else.

Anyway I'm not sure why Enclaves are so fragile in the game, even if you're protecting them with some of your outposts. If you want to save and recruit an Enclave, you basically have to discover, befriend, and recruit them in one session. Otherwise there's a pretty high chance they'll be gone next time you load up the game. The only ones which are safe are related to story missions, like the Wilkersons. It's kind of a shame really, it would be cool if there were more survivors here and there that operated as trading stations and safe spots. There's probably a mod to adjust that.

I'm not sure if it was ever fixed, but there used to be a bug where the game would only spawn a limited number of random survivors, and if you ran through them too soon then for the rest of the game you could never find another survivor. It had something to do with putting some story missions off too long or something. It doesn't matter if that happens in this LP though, I will take it as a challenge. :eng101:

OKAY GUYS

I have another update, hopefully this makes up for being late 2 weeks in a row.

I'll give Marcus his Sweep next time I use him.

We now have 13 people, so we're able to move into Snyder Trucking Warehouse if we want to. There's one more home base in the game (requires 12) so we could hold off until that becomes available, but it would be several updates away. If you guys want to move immediately, then I'll still do my best to quickly show the interesting stuff from the downtown Marshall area around the Alamo.

SweaterGear
Jan 4, 2010

There's a Monopenguin! :swoon:
So Judge Lawton doesn't care if people have permits to carry firearms? Only her personal army can be armed? GEE, I WONDER IF SHE MIGHT BE AN ANTAGONIST

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seiphied
Jul 19, 2013

SweaterGear posted:

So Judge Lawton doesn't care if people have permits to carry firearms? Only her personal army can be armed? GEE, I WONDER IF SHE MIGHT BE AN ANTAGONIST

The fun part about SoD (I think at least) is that there really aren't many human antagonists at all. Pretty much every person in the game has fallen back on what they
did before in order to survive, only taken to extremes. The Wilkerson's are committing crimes ie robbing people, and Judge Lawton has embraced absolute law and order.
Heck, even Allan! He was a creepy otaku, and got eaten by zombies! That doesn't really support my point, but I've decided to embrace skoolmunkee's canon as my own so
whatever.

Fakeedit: The ad at the bottom of the page is offering a thirty-second online ebola test. Farewell faith in humanity.

• Locked thread