Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

how long does it take to start unlocking ideas in euiv? on my first game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Parallax Scroll posted:

how long does it take to start unlocking ideas in euiv? on my first game

Admin Tech 4.

OkieMurse
Nov 2, 2011

I get paid to stab people with sharp objects.

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Hey, Asswholes. It's been the 14th for like a whole day now. Where's Charlemagne.

Is it not loving out yet? I'm super pumped and want to play this as soon as I get home in 7 hours.

I assume your first play is going to be as Charlemagne himself right Knuc?

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
Uh, yeah dudes, that's what the kingdom is called in the game, I understand getting confused if you're not a real mapgamer though.

I'm sorry for getting snippy, It's been the 14th for a while and Charlemagne still isn't loving out.

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos

zeal posted:

if you reconquer enough as the byzantines you can reform the roman empire in the medieval period

and eventually port that to eu4

That's not the same though.... Guess I'll have to wait until I get eu4 then.

DICKHEAD
Jul 29, 2003

Buschmaki posted:

Uh, yeah dudes, that's what the kingdom is called in the game, I understand getting confused if you're not a real mapgamer though.

I'm sorry for getting snippy, It's been the 14th for a while and Charlemagne still isn't loving out.

you can see the new chieves

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

DICKHEAD posted:

you can see the new chieves

They're seriously lovely chieves.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Play a game all the way from 8th century :buddy:

As a Saxon Ruler be king of Saxony and England :iamafag:

Divorce a lombard princess :downsbravo:

DICKHEAD
Jul 29, 2003

Knuc U Kinte posted:

They're seriously lovely chieves.

yeah. none of the ck2 chieves are that exciting

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

DICKHEAD posted:

yeah. none of the ck2 chieves are that exciting

Some of the initial batch are good.

DICKHEAD
Jul 29, 2003

i'll do a charlemagne and carloman game to experience the Epic Story and then i'll do something fun like tribal ireland

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Caliphate strikes back, Outside Bet nad all the oher ones that require a specific character start are cool. The only one like that is the Carloman one and it's something I have zero interest in doing.

DICKHEAD
Jul 29, 2003

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Some of the initial batch are good.

I like Side Bets and the Caliphate Strikes Back because those are cool goals. Also some of the goofy ones like Dwarf Fortress

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

They should do chieves for Karling comeback in 1066, Norse reformation as Erik the Heathen and form Kingdom of England as Alfred the Great.

DICKHEAD
Jul 29, 2003

Empire of the Sun would be a cool tough one except Zunbils aren't going to have any religious mechanics so who gives a rip.

DICKHEAD
Jul 29, 2003

Knuc U Kinte posted:

They should do chieves for Karling comeback in 1066, Norse reformation as Erik the Heathen and form Kingdom of England as Alfred the Great.

It's hosed that Alfred the Great isn't one already

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

DICKHEAD posted:

Empire of the Sun would be a cool tough one except Zunbils aren't going to have any religious mechanics so who gives a rip.

Lmao. Seriously? I couldn;t be arsed with Jews because they had less flavour than Zoroastrians.

DICKHEAD
Jul 29, 2003

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Lmao. Seriously? I couldn;t be arsed with Jews because they had less flavour than Zoroastrians.

Khazar Jews will probably be tribal now so they might be more interesting

OkieMurse
Nov 2, 2011

Knuc U Kinte posted:

I wanted to play a Jewish empire so much after their expansion but their flavor is just so goddamn bad. :(

And paradox was like "that's history, bitches" but then they had sunset invasion.

DICKHEAD
Jul 29, 2003

I wonder if King of Saxon tribes would be a cool game or it's just waiting to be stomped by the Franks.

Surprised there's not a chieve for smashing the Franks when starting as the King of Lombardy or something

DICKHEAD
Jul 29, 2003

Oh yeah there's gonna be new early period clothes (iron crowns and weird goofy hats for emperors) but the stream wasn't clear if they're part of the Charlemagne DLC or if they're separate??

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

DICKHEAD posted:

Oh yeah there's gonna be new early period clothes (iron crowns and weird goofy hats for emperors) but the stream wasn't clear if they're part of the Charlemagne DLC or if they're separate??

In the description for the DLC it says it includes that stuff.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

I still dunno how to get over 90% tp for that Venice chieve. I actually luckily got a province to turn reformed so I could abuse trade fervour, but my power in constantinople is getting worse and worse as the hre minors get extra merchants and I dunno how to make them gently caress off.

OkieMurse
Nov 2, 2011

DICKHEAD posted:

You know they'll come out with like 10 optional cosmetic packs anyways and I'll buy them all on release.

It's me, I'm part of the problem.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

The Hansa is also a big annoying friend of the family that I'm going to stomp on in a minute.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

I have all the good trade ideas that increase power and I dunno how I'm gonna get 90 tp in constantinople. I just attacked the Ottomans for shits and giggles to see what sinking their fleet would do and there are so many others pulling trade that it barely did anything.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

It's cool how the best trade policy requires plutocracy and aristocracy. I think it would pwn for an England that switches to republic in the Cromwell event.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
im not gonna lie i was pretty miffed when i found out the new dlc was loving charlemange. like, yeah, that's cool, but can you please fix all this other poo poo first? if the country isn't catholic or norse it's religon mechanics are super loving boring. my favorite lovely pagan religion is west african because it doesnt actually have anything good about it. it's just -relations and a bunch of poo poo you can't do for no real reason. also zorastorians and jews are both just Catholics But You Get Pwnd By Muslims

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Larry Parrish posted:

im not gonna lie i was pretty miffed when i found out the new dlc was loving charlemange. like, yeah, that's cool, but can you please fix all this other poo poo first? if the country isn't catholic or norse it's religon mechanics are super loving boring. my favorite lovely pagan religion is west african because it doesnt actually have anything good about it. it's just -relations and a bunch of poo poo you can't do for no real reason. also zorastorians and jews are both just Catholics But You Get Pwnd By Muslims

at least zoroastrian lets you marry your sister for opinion lol

also saoshyant/descendant is a cool buff but why the gently caress you dont get the same for your dynasty when you rebuild the third temple

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

at least zoroastrian lets you marry your sister for opinion lol

also saoshyant/descendant is a cool buff but why the gently caress you dont get the same for your dynasty when you rebuild the third temple

:shrug: the jews are really badly thought out in general. i love that the jewish courtiers you get always hate the gently caress out of you because they are a different religion and culture. so even though you do the honor of allowing them to actually serve on your court they loving hate you and plot against you. the jews suck rear end, bad.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Larry Parrish posted:

:shrug: the jews are really badly thought out in general. i love that the jewish courtiers you get always hate the gently caress out of you because they are a different religion and culture. so even though you do the honor of allowing them to actually serve on your court they loving hate you and plot against you. the jews suck rear end, bad.

they still get you that sweet rear end event that gives bonus tech points tho

OkieMurse
Nov 2, 2011

I'm glad to hear someone else say it too. All the discussion I've seen before on the Jews post Sons of Abraham went along the lines of "Yeah, the Jews suck for real though so it's totally fine!"

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

"its cool boss i'll ask my cousin to do some industrial espionage and get you some sweet tech" - a good jew

OkieMurse
Nov 2, 2011

I just got home from a night shift at work. I have to be awake in 4 hours to pick the kid up from daycare. I'm thinking I might try out Charlemagne instead of sleeping. I can skip sleep.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

lol one of the cheevos references this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvKRbi2ovDY

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off

Buschmaki posted:

actually, in the game, it is called mauretania, without, the extra e.

orbs.

extremely correct.

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
Now im embarassed.

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
Yet another hater owned by the pewds :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Play a game all the way from 8th century :buddy:

As a Saxon Ruler be king of Saxony and England :iamafag:

Divorce a lombard princess :downsbravo:

That second one sounds chill as long as you fill in your continental territory all the way to Brittany.