Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kewpuh
Oct 22, 2003

when i dip you dip we dip

Old Swerdlow posted:

I just bought ZombiU. Any quick tips I should know before playing?

Don't stop playing once you get around the grocery store part of the game. The game gets exponentially better after that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PrBacterio
Jul 19, 2000

Suspicious Cook posted:

I just want Wa versions of all the princesses. They'd be way better than all the Mario Kart babies in the party games.
Well I'd say Daisy pretty much counts as the Wa-version of Peach.

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine

PrBacterio posted:

why?

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Electromax posted:

That sounds like a funny fight to be a fly on the wall for.

It's not.

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

PrBacterio posted:

Daisy is Peach's counterpart along the Mario-Luigi axis. Neither has a counterpart along the Mario-Wario axis.

Talkc
Aug 2, 2010

Mizuki! Mizuki! Mizuki!
***DEVASTATINGLY HANDSOME***

PrBacterio posted:

Daisy is pretty much the Luigi to Peach's Mario.

Wapeach would be a lot of different things. My first thought, whats the opposite of a girly heiress.... Wapeach would be a punk girl.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

Talkc posted:

Daisy is pretty much the Luigi to Peach's Mario.

Wapeach would be a lot of different things. My first thought, whats the opposite of a girly heiress.... Wapeach would be a punk girl.

Bayonetta just came out, maybe that works?

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

Suspicious Cook posted:

I just want Wa versions of all the princesses. They'd be way better than all the Mario Kart babies in the party games.

Wasolina and Luwa

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

greatn posted:

Wasolina and Luwa

I'm sorry, but farting in two places at once is way overpowered. :colbert:

HJE-Cobra
Jul 15, 2007

Bear Witness

Hell Gem

Supercar Gautier posted:

Daisy is Peach's counterpart along the Mario-Luigi axis. Neither has a counterpart along the Mario-Wario axis.

How'd Daisy wind up paired with Luigi, anyway? Luigi wasn't even IN Super Mario Land. Has Luigi ever even been to Daisy's kingdom? Mario flew an airplane... in space, or something, to defeat an alien to save Daisy.

To quote Mario, "Oh! Daisy Daisy"

Then Daisy forgets all about that Mario to hang out with Luigi after tennis matches or whatever

Though not like Mario cares, he apparently is just a princess-saving machine, savin' princesses all across the lands, never stopping

Shelf Adventure
Jul 18, 2006
I'm down with that brother
They bonded over having to play second fiddle.

And then hosed

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

HJE-Cobra posted:

How'd Daisy wind up paired with Luigi, anyway? Luigi wasn't even IN Super Mario Land. Has Luigi ever even been to Daisy's kingdom? Mario flew an airplane... in space, or something, to defeat an alien to save Daisy.

To quote Mario, "Oh! Daisy Daisy"

Then Daisy forgets all about that Mario to hang out with Luigi after tennis matches or whatever

Though not like Mario cares, he apparently is just a princess-saving machine, savin' princesses all across the lands, never stopping

You don't have to fall in love with someone just because they rescued you.

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

Sidenote: If you go by all the faux-countries in Super Mario Land and all the faux-countries that her Mariokart stages are set in, it's pretty apparent that Daisy's empire is ludicrously huge. Way bigger than Peach's.

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!
What do these princesses do for their kingdoms anyway? Every time I look they're playing tennis or racing go-karts or having a board game night or something. Some rulers they are.

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine

Supercar Gautier posted:

Sidenote: If you go by all the faux-countries in Super Mario Land and all the faux-countries that her Mariokart stages are set in, it's pretty apparent that Daisy's empire is ludicrously huge. Way bigger than Peach's.

Peach has more influence and power. GB vs. Russia.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
I wonder how Bowser runs his kingdom? I mean you'd think since he's the villain he'd be like a dictator but I think all his minions like working for him. They probably get good benefits.

Fremry
Nov 4, 2003

Suspicious Cook posted:

What do these princesses do for their kingdoms anyway? Every time I look they're playing tennis or racing go-karts or having a board game night or something. Some rulers they are.

What does the Queen of England do? For all I can figure out, she collects corgis and goes to events to give English newspapers a reason to be outraged that some person/world leader didn't follow the exact weird English etiquette of what you can and can't do around the lady that collects corgis.

HJE-Cobra
Jul 15, 2007

Bear Witness

Hell Gem

Macaluso posted:

I wonder how Bowser runs his kingdom? I mean you'd think since he's the villain he'd be like a dictator but I think all his minions like working for him. They probably get good benefits.

Yeah, if you work for Bowser, you'd need a good life insurance policy

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.

Macaluso posted:

He comes off like a dick but he's just a very stern ruler who expects results, but also rewards competence.

He seems like a loser but that's because you only see it from Mario's perspective. I bet he's pretty successful at running a kingdom overall.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
His minions seem to run the gamut from super enthusiastically loyal to "Eh, its a living"

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.
All I mean is I'd rather work for him than Ganon or Ridley.

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!
Bowser's also a single father of eight kids. He's constantly worked to the (dry) bone but he still finds the time to build an entire amusement park world for his subjects.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

RyokoTK posted:

Ganon's a great ruler as long as you're loyal to him. Plus he has a better success rate.

Ridley just gets your rear end shot though. No win, no benefit, just shot.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

RyokoTK posted:

If you worked for Ridley you could be on Science Team which involves shoving Space Pirates into prototype Morph Balls (which gets them horribly maimed lol)

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.

ImpAtom posted:

Ganon's a great ruler as long as you're loyal to him.

If you play through Hyrule Warriors you'll learn that the Dorf is kind of an rear end in a top hat, really.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Olimar's subjugation of the docile Pikmin for the use of bringing him treasure and resources and fighting wars is no better than the acts of Christopher Columbus.

Shelf Adventure
Jul 18, 2006
Does Bowser actually have a kingdom? Or is he king of the koopa like Jesus is King of the Jews?

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

Shelf Adventure posted:

Does Bowser actually have a kingdom? Or is he king of the koopa like Jesus is King of the Jews?

Have you not seen his rather impressive set of forts and castles? He's got highways, armadas, armies, public transportation systems, tons of stuff.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Daisy seems much more "Peach's doubles partner" than "Luigi's girlfriend". I think if Rosalina had come along sooner she would've been Peach's tennis/doubledash partner and Daisy would be forgotten in the past. Especially now that Luigi has fully transitioned from "another Mario" to "bizarre weirdo".

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Shelf Adventure posted:

Much like the jews, he has a main fortress with high walls with his people populating territories where people don't want them because they try to hoard the floating gold coins. Mario is the embodiment of Hamas. This is canon.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

RyokoTK posted:

If you play through Hyrule Warriors you'll learn that the Dorf is kind of an rear end in a top hat, really.

He's an rear end in a top hat but he still saves your rear end when you're getting gangbeat by Hyrule Soldiers. :colbert:

Shelf Adventure
Jul 18, 2006
I always figured that Bowser had just taken over Princess Peach's castles since the games are in the Mushroom Kingdom like he does at the start of mario 64

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

Shelf Adventure posted:

I always figured that Bowser had just taken over Princess Peach's castles since the games are in the Mushroom Kingdom like he does at the start of mario 64

He does the same in Mario 3. What ever happened to those other rulers he transformed into animals, anyway? Were they casualties of the apparent, on-going Mushroom Kingdom land wars?

Suspicious Cook fucked around with this message at 19:41 on Oct 14, 2014

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Captain Syrup is Wa-Peach, but instead of needing to be rescued they take turns stealing large piles of money from each other.

HJE-Cobra
Jul 15, 2007

Bear Witness

Hell Gem

Tender Bender posted:

Daisy seems much more "Peach's doubles partner" than "Luigi's girlfriend". I think if Rosalina had come along sooner she would've been Peach's tennis/doubledash partner and Daisy would be forgotten in the past. Especially now that Luigi has fully transitioned from "another Mario" to "bizarre weirdo".

I don't think it would be fair for Peach to have a space god as her doubles partner

Like, Rosalina could miss a shot, then decide to restart the universe to create a timeline in which she makes the shot

It's just not fair to the other team

Fremry
Nov 4, 2003
I finally got around to watching the E3 treehouse video for Yoshi's Wooly World, and I didn't realize how cool it looks until now.

Also, I loving hate those two girls they've had on the various treehouse events. The blonde one especially so. She like goes out of her way to be a living stereotype.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

little birdies :3:

Vegastar
Jan 2, 2005

Tigers will do anything for a tuna sandwich.

I know I'm late to the party, but holy poo poo Hyrule Warriors is fun. For being a third-party game using a Nintendo IP, this is pretty solid. Real glad I bought a Wii U at this point.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

greatn posted:

Olimar's subjugation of the docile Pikmin for the use of bringing him treasure and resources and fighting wars is no better than the acts of Christopher Columbus.

They help him drat you, he doesn't force them to do anything and he gives them the balls to survive. But god drat you let one die and it's soul crushing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Davinci
Feb 21, 2013

Sire Oblivion posted:

They help him drat you, he doesn't force them to do anything and he gives them the balls to survive. But god drat you let one die and it's soul crushing.

He grabs then by their heads and throws then into the open mouths and clutching talons of hungry monsters.

• Locked thread