Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Ghostpilot posted:

Y'know the best part of the low gravity? Killing a badass and watching drops pop out of them, fly across the map and into death pits. :rolleyes:

yeah I was going to make a post about how the low grav deaths can be hilarious and awesome

I also like how fast you can move with the jumping and oz pack.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Metrohunter
Sep 30, 2009

Ain't no thing like me, 'cept me.

Kaethela posted:

BL2 profile editor still works for this one. Unlocked all heads/skins and gave myself free golden keys, because it's one less thing to worry about. :toot:

How did you manage this? I just want to give myself a bunch of keys but the editor (gibbed) is giving me an error when I try to load up my Pre Sequel save.

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

Metrohunter posted:

How did you manage this? I just want to give myself a bunch of keys but the editor (gibbed) is giving me an error when I try to load up my Pre Sequel save.

profile editor is not gibbeds save editor.

Action George
Apr 13, 2013

Skandranon posted:

The Deadlift fight was a bit troublesome, but I think it's supposed to hammer home the vertical movement part. I just thought of it as an extended tutorial in fighting while flying.

That's kind of my problem with the fight - you go from open fields to a boss fight in a multi level arena with electrified floors and enemies and projectiles coming at you from all directions and jump pads that were just introduced and he has a giant rear end shield to top it off. They could have had you do some fighting in a multi level area with jump pads or whatever against regular enemies instead of shoving it all into a boss fight.

RonMexicosPitbull
Feb 28, 2012

by Ralp
If you are having trouble with it do some side missions chance are ull get a shock weapon that makes it trivial. Also let him jump around like an idiot for the first 30 seconds he will settle out a bit.

Skandranon
Sep 6, 2008
fucking stupid, dont listen to me

Crazy Larry posted:

That's kind of my problem with the fight - you go from open fields to a boss fight in a multi level arena with electrified floors and enemies and projectiles coming at you from all directions and jump pads that were just introduced and he has a giant rear end shield to top it off. They could have had you do some fighting in a multi level area with jump pads or whatever against regular enemies instead of shoving it all into a boss fight.

It really wasn't that hard though, I died once, ran back in, killed him. I'd rather they throw us into the fire on these things than drag them out. We should all be pretty familiar with the game mechanics by now, a lengthy tutorial is just boring. I hated that elemental damage tutorial quest in BL2 so much.

rizzen
Apr 25, 2011

Jusupov posted:

profile editor is not gibbeds save editor.

I did not know there was more than gibbeds. Can confirm, will break game shortly.

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.

rizzen posted:

I did not know there was more than gibbeds. Can confirm, will break game shortly.

Looking forward to this. Cheating my way to infinite keys made bl2 a lot better.

Jalumibnkrayal
Apr 16, 2008

Ramrod XTreme
This is such lazy work. Who the hell thought it was a good idea to color oxygen cannisters the same as rare loot?

Action George
Apr 13, 2013

Skandranon posted:

It really wasn't that hard though, I died once, ran back in, killed him. I'd rather they throw us into the fire on these things than drag them out. We should all be pretty familiar with the game mechanics by now, a lengthy tutorial is just boring. I hated that elemental damage tutorial quest in BL2 so much.

I'm not saying it needs a lengthy tutorial. Just make one of the open spaces leading up to him an interior area where enemies come at you from multiple levels. I don't feel like comparing it to elemental damage tutorial in two is really fair because it's not like low gravity is a returning gimmick.

RonMexicosPitbull posted:

If you are having trouble with it do some side missions chance are ull get a shock weapon that makes it trivial. Also let him jump around like an idiot for the first 30 seconds he will settle out a bit.

I did have a shock weapon. I mean, I beat the guy, but I definitely cheesed it a little by finding a relatively safe spot that he couldn't electrify and whittled down his shield.

Whatever, I'm probably just really bad at the whole platforming in first person thing.

Dross
Sep 26, 2006

Every night he puts his hot dogs in the trees so the pigeons can't get them.

Skandranon posted:

I think Athena's active will scale well into endgame. It's invulnerability for a period of time, which is always good, and the damage the shield does is based on how much was blocked, so if endgame mobs are dishing out 1m+ dps, the shield (should) reflect that.

From what I understand, there is a flat maximum amount of damage that can be absorbed by the shield, based on level.

Metrohunter
Sep 30, 2009

Ain't no thing like me, 'cept me.
There is a skill that lets it straight up reflect lasers and bullets, though. In addition to the skill's basic capability of absorbing damage and then sending it back. I love how the shield changes as it powers up. More and more gizmos pop out and then it turns into a circular saw at max capacity. :black101:

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
I just wanted Nisha because of pistol specialization, but I guess that's only one part of one of her trees. Maybe I should switch characters before I get too much further. But to which one?

RonMexicosPitbull
Feb 28, 2012

by Ralp
I like wilhelms cuz its a fire and forget. And I'll probably focus on his middle tree making him a cybernetic monster who shoots lasers.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

I like wilhelms cuz its a fire and forget. And I'll probably focus on his middle tree making him a cybernetic monster who shoots lasers.

This is also why I chose Wilhelm.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
So now people have their hands on the game what are they saying? Are the characters and new guns fun compared to the old ones? How are the set-pieces so far and poo poo, have they put real thought into the areas and stuff now we can jump higher or did they phone it in? I put 80 hours in B2 and enjoyed all of them I'm willing to knock down £30 if it's at least as fun as 2 was.

Lord Yod
Jul 22, 2009

Pierson posted:

So now people have their hands on the game what are they saying? Are the characters and new guns fun compared to the old ones? How are the set-pieces so far and poo poo, have they put real thought into the areas and stuff now we can jump higher or did they phone it in? I put 80 hours in B2 and enjoyed all of them I'm willing to knock down £30 if it's at least as fun as 2 was.

It's BL2 except you can double jump, butt slam, and play as claptrap. :getin:

Solartide
Oct 3, 2013

by XyloJW

Nisha is pretty much fire and forget as well. For Deadlift I got a shock sniper rifle from somewhere. Then I popped Nisha's skills that auto aims for this critical location for a few seconds and unloaded a magazine into him. I feel like I missed something based on all the other comments here.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Solartide posted:

Nisha is pretty much fire and forget as well. For Deadlift I got a shock sniper rifle from somewhere. Then I popped Nisha's skills that auto aims for this critical location for a few seconds and unloaded a magazine into him. I feel like I missed something based on all the other comments here.

You didn't. I killed Deadlift by using the jump pads to slam him, followed up with several shotgun blasts, until dead. Didn't even take that long.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

Solartide posted:

Wait, I thought sniper rifles didn't work with her skill?

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe
Funny because her skill isn't supposed to work with sniper rifles.

Solartide
Oct 3, 2013

by XyloJW

Mokinokaro posted:

Funny because her skill isn't supposed to work with sniper rifles.

You don't get a damage increase with sniper rifles, but the skill definitely works with sniper rifles.

Other guns get a damage bonus.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Is there an equivalent of e-tech weapons this time, or is that just replaced with the laser weapon type? I would have liked to see e-tech weapons return, except good.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Samurai Sanders posted:

Is there an equivalent of e-tech weapons this time, or is that just replaced with the laser weapon type? I would have liked to see e-tech weapons return, except good.

Some e-tech weapons were amazing, others bad,

But yeah they're entirely replaced by laser weapons which can have the same properties as e-techs did in addition to others. Plus they make star wars laser sounds!

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Solartide posted:

You don't get a damage increase with sniper rifles, but the skill definitely works with sniper rifles.

Other guns get a damage bonus.

drat you are right, I mis-read that as well, looking forward to use a sniper rifle with that now.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Metrohunter posted:

You want this - http://www.mediafire.com/download/944jnyjwivhd2c2/Borderlands2.Profile.Editor.v1.0.1.0.rar Load up your profile.bin (back it up first!) do whatever you want to it, hit save from the menu. Enjoy.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice
I guess I got lucky with Deadlift because he went straight to the bottom and I ran up to him in the little spot where there's a ceiling before getting to some stairs and just unloaded the loyalty program shotgun into his face until he died.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

Pierson posted:

It's veeeeeery similar to BL2, which is fine by me because I knew that's basically what I was getting. I'm really enjoying it so far. Still haven't gotten used to O2 being colored blue, though: "Holy poo poo, look at all of the rare loot that popped out of that--oh that's right, O2."

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

The game's pretty great so far, but why the hell are we censoring cussing. It's kinda funny when Torgue does it, not so much when everyone does it.

Skandranon
Sep 6, 2008

Mr E posted:

The game's pretty great so far, but why the hell are we censoring cussing. It's kinda funny when Torgue does it, not so much when everyone does it.

Torgue actually can't swear, he had some chip installed in his brain by his board of directors that does the censoring for him, as he was offending customers or somesuch.

Solartide
Oct 3, 2013

by XyloJW

Jibo posted:

I guess I got lucky with Deadlift because he went straight to the bottom and I ran up to him in the little spot where there's a ceiling before getting to some stairs and just unloaded the loyalty program shotgun into his face until he died.

That loyalty shotgun is great, I'm having a hard time selling it.

Skandranon
Sep 6, 2008

Crazy Larry posted:

I'm not saying it needs a lengthy tutorial. Just make one of the open spaces leading up to him an interior area where enemies come at you from multiple levels. I don't feel like comparing it to elemental damage tutorial in two is really fair because it's not like low gravity is a returning gimmick.

I meant specifically that I prefer a more brutal introduction to new mechanics like this, it's more entertaining than some of the other tutorials they tried in BL1 & 2, and teaches you more. It is also much more forgiving for repeat plays, as where the elemental gun quest in BL2 got more and more annoying as you played, I expect the Deadlift boss fight will simply get easier and easier, as we are familiar with the mechanics.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Skandranon posted:

Torgue actually can't swear, he had some chip installed in his brain by his board of directors that does the censoring for him, as he was offending customers or somesuch.

Exactly, that's why I find that funny. I don't find everyone else being censored for no reason funny.

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text
Some of the scavs do swear

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

Mr E posted:

Just like the country it is based on, Elpis/"Space Australia's" internet rivals "Space China's" in terms of censorship. Since all of the NPCs are plugged into "Space Australia's" network, they are automatically censored. Only the bandits (pirates) can swear, because they circumvent the network...like "Space Koreans" or something.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

Jusupov posted:

Some of the scavs do swear

Yeah I've noticed this too. It's kind of weird.

Has anyone else found the Eridian Monolith yet? That was kinda weird. It's in the area with the "cuties".

Also, remember that bug in BL2 where if you got slagged while driving you would stay slagged without the visual/audio effects indefinitely until you die or restart? Yeah, that's back but with ice.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Where do you actually redeem your keys? I just want to spend 1 :(

Entered my Shift code and got some keys but I don't see the big fancy looking chest I remember from BL2

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Sab669 posted:

Where do you actually redeem your keys? I just want to spend 1 :(

Entered my Shift code and got some keys but I don't see the big fancy looking chest I remember from BL2

It's in town, in the same general area the shift machine is. Right in the middle near the big drop.

forhorglingrads
Aug 14, 2003

Kaethela posted:

Posting your profile should suffice, but I'll hang out in chat when I get home from work to dole out invites.

Invite to the group please.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/forhorglingrads/

forhorglingrads fucked around with this message at 18:57 on Oct 14, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoYouHasaRabbit
Oct 8, 2007
I can't decide which character to play as. After reading everyone's posts I decided on Claptrap and then the game warns me that he's loving annoying so now I feel like backing out. Am I making a mistake?

• Locked thread