Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Wiz released the two tracks he did with Cena and um... I know Cena hasn't rapped for a while, but he used to have a little flow, from what I remember, but he's rhyming slower than his rap promos on these.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mayostard
Apr 21, 2007

In the Chamber of Understanding
I got second in Legendary KotR this morning, but my prize was a pair of Nikki Bellas. I max pro'd her but now I can't win with her in my team. Good thing I kept my pro epic Natalya.

BlueArmyMan
Mar 30, 2007
Hooloovoo

Mayostard posted:

I got second in Legendary KotR this morning, but my prize was a pair of Nikki Bellas. I max pro'd her but now I can't win with her in my team. Good thing I kept my pro epic Natalya.

This part is baffling me. How is a max Pro Epic better than a max Pro Legendary? :psyduck:

Mayostard
Apr 21, 2007

In the Chamber of Understanding

BlueArmyMan posted:

This part is baffling me. How is a max Pro Epic better than a max Pro Legendary? :psyduck:

She's more powerful, but when she's in my team, I get put against players with other pro max legendaries and I can't compete with them.

AlbertRayon
Sep 9, 2004

Hey, hey what can I do? I got a woman, she won't be true.

BlueArmyMan posted:

Sometimes having one card more powerful than the rest of your team can screw you because it will bump up the competition you get. I've tried a couple combinations, and the only way I can get a consistently good record in exhibition is to keep my team fairly balanced.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
I am so sick of seeing UR Pro Paige

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

Shirley, these things happen in video games. We can't get hung up on real-world morality.

AlbertRayon posted:

Sometimes having one card more powerful than the rest of your team can screw you because it will bump up the competition you get. I've tried a couple combinations, and the only way I can get a consistently good record in exhibition is to keep my team fairly balanced.

That's what happened when I got my Pro Epic Brock.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I finally caved and decided that I had a higher chance of cheesing UR KotR to get a UR pro than I did of doing Epic KotR normally and getting a singular epic. It's working, of course, 28-3 right now with an easy path to the finals as long as I stay in first, but it feels wrong. Dammit 2k, why do you have to make this neccessary :(

Also I drew a UR Paige from the exhibition board so I'm sure I'm going to be one of those people that has one too, soon :argh:

The Goog
Aug 6, 2007

It's a Goog Day, yes it is!
Rebalancing so that she isn't the unquestioned best Diva should help. I hope.

Jayou
Mar 14, 2007

Sparkly Vampires are Wrestlicious!
Season pass details revealed for WWE2k15. $24.99 for the pass which has Paige, and...

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2014/10/14/wwe-2k15-dlc-and-season-pass-details-revealed

"Accelerator

Players will gain instant access to all unlockable content available in the game (excluding downloadable content);
The Accelerator will be available for a suggested price of $1.99.
2K Showcase: One More Match

Story focused on the rivalry between WWE Superstars Randy Orton and Christian in 2011;
Playable WWE Superstars: Christian, Randy Orton, Edge, Mark Henry and Sheamus;
Playable arenas from 2011: SmackDown®, Extreme Rules®, Over the Limit® and Capitol Punishment®;
2K Showcase: One More Match will be available for a suggested price of $9.99.
2K Showcase: Hall of Pain

Story focused on top matches for WWE Superstar Mark Henry;
Playable WWE Superstars: Mark Henry, Big Show, Kane, Jey Uso, Jimmy Uso, Sheamus, The Great Khali, Randy Orton, Daniel Bryan and Ryback;
Playable arenas: SmackDown (2011), Vengeance® (2011) and WrestleMania® 29;
2K Showcase: Hall of Pain will be available for a suggested price of $9.99.
2K Showcase: Path of the Warrior

Story focused on the career of WWE Hall of Famer Ultimate Warrior;
Playable WWE Hall of Famers: Ultimate Warrior, Hulk Hogan, Andre the Giant and Sgt. Slaughter;
Playable WWE Legends: Honky Tonk Man, Rick Rude, Macho King and Colonel Mustafa;
Playable WWE Superstars: Undertaker and Hunter Hearst Helmsley;
Access to WWE Hall of Fame ring announcer Howard Finkel and WWE managers Jimmy Hart, Bobby Heenan, Paul Bearer, Sherri, Sid Justice and General Adnan;
Playable arenas: WrestleMania VI, VII and XII; SummerSlam® (1988, 1990 and 1991); Saturday Night’s Main Event XXIV and Madison Square Garden®;
2K Showcase: Path of the Warrior will be available for a suggested price of $9.99.
WCW Pack

Playable WCW Superstars: Fit Finlay, Lord Steven Regal, Bam Bam Bigelow, Diamond Dallas Page and Lex Luger;
The WCW Pack will be available for a suggested price of $7.99.
NXT Arrival

Playable NXT Superstars: JBL, Adam Rose and The Ascension (Konnor and Victor);
Playable NXT Diva: Emma;
NXT Arrival will be available for a suggested price of $6.99.
New Moves Pack

Moves Pack: More than 30 new moves, including an alternate version of Sister Abigail (performed from the ring corner and made popular by Bray Wyatt) and Multiple Gut Wrenches (made popular by Cesaro);
The New Moves Pack will be available for a suggested price of $3.99."

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

The Goog posted:

Rebalancing so that she isn't the unquestioned best Diva should help. I hope.

I don't know how the higher tier rebalance went, but my SR Pro Nikki Bella now beats my SR Pro Paige in 3 out of 4 stats.

Telex
Feb 11, 2003

being at epic++ with an UR Pro Naomi is a nearly guaranteed win vs everyone with the SR Pro Paige.

It's pretty sweet. I may never get to Legendary, but I can sure farm energy fast.

AlbertRayon
Sep 9, 2004

Kinda only want the Path of the Warrior and DDP. It's hard to say if the whole Season Pass is worth $25.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Jayou posted:

Season pass details revealed for WWE2k15. $24.99 for the pass which has Paige, and...

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2014/10/14/wwe-2k15-dlc-and-season-pass-details-revealed

"Accelerator

Players will gain instant access to all unlockable content available in the game (excluding downloadable content);
The Accelerator will be available for a suggested price of $1.99.
2K Showcase: One More Match

Story focused on the rivalry between WWE Superstars Randy Orton and Christian in 2011;
Playable WWE Superstars: Christian, Randy Orton, Edge, Mark Henry and Sheamus;
Playable arenas from 2011: SmackDown®, Extreme Rules®, Over the Limit® and Capitol Punishment®;
2K Showcase: One More Match will be available for a suggested price of $9.99.
2K Showcase: Hall of Pain

Story focused on top matches for WWE Superstar Mark Henry;
Playable WWE Superstars: Mark Henry, Big Show, Kane, Jey Uso, Jimmy Uso, Sheamus, The Great Khali, Randy Orton, Daniel Bryan and Ryback;
Playable arenas: SmackDown (2011), Vengeance® (2011) and WrestleMania® 29;
2K Showcase: Hall of Pain will be available for a suggested price of $9.99.
2K Showcase: Path of the Warrior

Story focused on the career of WWE Hall of Famer Ultimate Warrior;
Playable WWE Hall of Famers: Ultimate Warrior, Hulk Hogan, Andre the Giant and Sgt. Slaughter;
Playable WWE Legends: Honky Tonk Man, Rick Rude, Macho King and Colonel Mustafa;
Access to WWE Hall of Fame ring announcer Howard Finkel and WWE managers Jimmy Hart, Bobby Heenan, Paul Bearer, Sherri, Sid Justice and General Adnan;
Playable arenas: WrestleMania VI, VII and XII; SummerSlam® (1988, 1990 and 1991); Saturday Night’s Main Event XXIV and Madison Square Garden®;
2K Showcase: Path of the Warrior will be available for a suggested price of $9.99.
WCW Pack

Playable WCW Superstars: Fit Finlay, Lord Steven Regal, Bam Bam Bigelow, Diamond Dallas Page and Lex Luger;
The WCW Pack will be available for a suggested price of $7.99.
NXT Arrival

Playable NXT Superstars: JBL, Adam Rose and The Ascension (Konnor and Victor);
Playable NXT Diva: Emma;
NXT Arrival will be available for a suggested price of $6.99.
New Moves Pack

Moves Pack: More than 30 new moves, including an alternate version of Sister Abigail (performed from the ring corner and made popular by Bray Wyatt) and Multiple Gut Wrenches (made popular by Cesaro);
The New Moves Pack will be available for a suggested price of $3.99."

$25 for THAT?!? Please... I can't believe they expect people to pay $85 for all that as a bundle for withheld content. Putting Paige with the $25 season pass is ridiculous too

Edit: The IGN US description makes it sound as if the Season Pass only is for the three 2K Showcase storylines, Accelerator, and Paige. They couldn't be withholding the DLC Wrestlers from the season pass, right?

Astro7x fucked around with this message at 15:38 on Oct 14, 2014

Sevalar
Jul 10, 2009

HEY RADICAL LARRY HOW ABOUT A HAIRCUT

****MIC TO THE WILLY***
AW yeh the Smackdown 2011 arena! Who's hyped

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

I hope Sid is not just a manager. That would be the worst

AlbertRayon
Sep 9, 2004

Liar Lyre posted:

I hope Sid is not just a manager. That would be the worst

I hope he recorded some voice overs for the game.

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
On one hand: overpriced stuff

On the other hand: Get to play through Mark Henry's heel run. Also DDP in a modern WWE game.

Jayou
Mar 14, 2007

Astro7x posted:

$25 for THAT?!? Please... I can't believe they expect people to pay $85 for all that as a bundle for withheld content. Putting Paige with the $25 season pass is ridiculous too

Edit: The IGN US description makes it sound as if the Season Pass only is for the three 2K Showcase storylines, Accelerator, and Paige. They couldn't be withholding the DLC Wrestlers from the season pass, right?

I wouldnt be surprised if the characters that are listed in each storyline are DLC character packs, well the ones that wouldnt be on the normal roster anyway...

Path of the Warrior
Playable WWE Hall of Famers: Ultimate Warrior, Hulk Hogan (Isnt he in a Hogan collectors edition?), Andre the Giant and Sgt. Slaughter;

WCW Superstars Pack:
Fit Finlay, Lord Steven Regal, Bam Bam Bigelow, Diamond Dallas Page and Lex Luger;

NXT Superstars: JBL, Adam Rose and The Ascension (Konnor and Victor);
Playable NXT Diva: Emma

Of course, we wont know that until they actually announce the complete roster that will be on the disc...

Sevalar
Jul 10, 2009

****MIC TO THE WILLY***

quote:

The Season Pass will ONLY include the 3 Showcase Packs and the Accelerator. The WCW, NXT and Moves pack will still have to be paid for individually.

Source. @Futterish : Game Informer News Editor

https://twitter.com/Futterish/status/522014067696074752

https://twitter.com/Futterish/status/522014155197644800

Jayou
Mar 14, 2007

Im actually impressed by how overpriced that all seems. So congrats 2K, I guess.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

That's awful. I'll probably still buy it because I'm a goddamn idiot.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

So are guys like Christian, Randy Orton, Sheamus & Daniel Bryan just not playable unless you pay money or what?

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

HulkaMatt posted:

So are guys like Christian, Randy Orton, Sheamus & Daniel Bryan just not playable unless you pay money or what?

I'm sure Orton / Sheamus / Bryan are in the main game. My guess would be that those packs include alternate costumes that line up with how they looked in 2011.

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frogc00l:

he knows...

HulkaMatt posted:

I'm assuming it'll just be extra attires or something.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Snacksmaniac posted:

I appreciate your honesty.

Sevalar
Jul 10, 2009

****MIC TO THE WILLY***

Blast Fantasto posted:

I'm sure Orton / Sheamus / Bryan are in the main game. My guess would be that those packs include alternate costumes that line up with how they looked in 2011.

And in 2012, 2013, and 2014.

It feels weird for Regal and Finlay to be in a DLC pack? It's cool, but just a totally left field choice no?

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

haha so on top of everything we knew, the season pass is not even getting all DLC! 2k is putting on a loving clinic of exploitable DLC practices.

Shame though, I actually kinda love the idea of playing the Christian/Orton feud. Press X to spit in Orton's mouth and get nutshotted.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Snacksmaniac posted:

:smith::respek::smith:

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy
A 'Season Pass' which doesn't include half the content is loving atrocious. And when it's this concrete before the game is even out, that means you know it's all already finished and locked on the disc, so it's really data being held to ransom rather than additional downloadable content.

... But I want nearly all those people in my game. More moves is obviously always good, even if technically they're just hidden moves and not actually 'more' moves.

My utter disgust for these practices and the complete outrage of asking consumers to pay what, $45 for it all, on top of pre-ordering at full price for Sting, is at odds with my desire to be able to use Paige, DDP, Regal and Emma.

Quasipox
Sep 6, 2008

See, it's poo poo like this that pushes 2K15 further back on my "buy" list. I am a total sucker, so I was planning on buying it even with the lack of gaemplay footage and poo poo lately and even with the custom music lacking this year (I know that isn't on 2K really, but still).

I mean, I would totally buy a season pass for WWE like I've done the past three games, but to not include all the announced DLC is scummy as poo poo.

EDIT: Found this comment on the IGN article:

A wrong person posted:

"No John Morrison? No Starship Pain? Also, don't care if it has DDP, or the diamond cutter. Since Randy Ortron's RKO is in the game already, same thing, more brutal."

This is it guys, the RKO is more brutal than the Diamond Cutter. I believe there is a strong piece of evidence that supports the Diamond Cutter as being the better move; DDP says "BANG!" which we all know makes it twice as devastating.

Quasipox fucked around with this message at 17:45 on Oct 14, 2014

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

It's so awful. The pass costs more and includes only 3/4 of the actually DLC available.

DoctorDelaware
Mar 24, 2013
Having Bigelow and Honky Tonk Man is pretty cool. But yeah, Season Pass looks like a loser. The Warrior path might be worth it, but the other two are a solid meh.

Also, I'm not sure how many new moves were in the 2k14 moves pack (which I think was packaged with some other actual wrestlers anyway) but 30 seems a bit skimpy. Those had better be some sweet-rear end moves.

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Your favorite furry wrestler.

Quasipox posted:

This is it guys, the RKO is more brutal than the Diamond Cutter. I believe there is a strong piece of evidence that supports the Diamond Cutter as being the better move; DDP says "BANG!" which we all know makes it twice as devastating.

Is it more powerful than the Stone Cold Stunner though? That is the question.

MisterGBH
Dec 6, 2010

Eric Bischoff is full of shit
It would be so sweet if Honky had a win animation that had him El Kabongo you with his guitar, similar to having Jakes snake winning animation.

Telex
Feb 11, 2003

pressedbunny posted:

My utter disgust for these practices and the complete outrage of asking consumers to pay what, $45 for it all, on top of pre-ordering at full price for Sting, is at odds with my desire to be able to use Paige, DDP, Regal and Emma.

You don't get to be outraged AND buy the game.

Speak with your wallet, otherwise your seething hatred is useless because buying it and the things justifies their doing it. Let 'em tank a year and eat it and realize that it's a poo poo way to market a game that doesn't have episodic content that's more or less optional.

It's one thing to add on Skyrim missions when you can buy the game and not the DLC and still have the whole game for the most part. It's another to have a game that doesn't REALLY have the same sort of content delivery while playing it, and then parcel it out into $85-200 worth of bits. Speak with your cash, which is to say, buy something else with it.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
You know a ton of people are going to buy the season pass because they rightly assume it would cover them for all the DLC for the game. That's real shady.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

this roster is gonna be huge

your friend sk
Dec 10, 2005

(ヤイケス!)

epitasis posted:

this roster is gonna be huge

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Waiting for the Gold Edition in that case, because you know there will be one. Especially if it comes out on PC, since there will be very little to stop people from unlocking content.

I'd be happier if they just cut down on annual releases and updated the rosters occasionally, because it's not like they ever need a full new version every year unless their engine is drastically improved or they can offer radically new features. 2k15's Career mode seems to be doing that, but can they offer that every year in next-gen releases? They may need to slow down production for the sake of just having a complete game in the first place - or maybe the DLC schedule is them just admitting they don't.