Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dross
Sep 26, 2006

Every night he puts his hot dogs in the trees so the pigeons can't get them.

Invite to whatever Steam group please.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/zdross/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solartide
Oct 3, 2013

by XyloJW

DoYouHasaRabbit posted:

I can't decide which character to play as. After reading everyone's posts I decided on Claptrap and then the game warns me that he's loving annoying so now I feel like backing out. Am I making a mistake?

I haven't touched a fps game in about a year, been playing mmos, so my aim was complete crap. Nisha's auto-aim ability saved me for the first hour whlie I got back into my shooter groove. The ability seems a tad on the overpowered side.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe
Claptrap is really good in a group but rather hard to solo with.

Lord Yod
Jul 22, 2009

DoYouHasaRabbit posted:

I can't decide which character to play as. After reading everyone's posts I decided on Claptrap and then the game warns me that he's loving annoying so now I feel like backing out. Am I making a mistake?

The first time I activated claptrap's ability it gunzerked me and my coop buddy and we were both laughing for five minutes straight.

Also you can hear his little wheel whirring along when you sprint.

jeeves
May 27, 2001

Deranged Psychopathic
Butler Extraordinaire
I kinda got too used to Zer0's skill of stealthing to just let me run past loving packs of mobs I already fought and didn't need to fight again when constantly going through the same drat zones I've been through before.

I guess I knew I was getting a bit spoiled off that one huh?

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

jeeves posted:

I kinda got too used to Zer0's skill of stealthing to just let me run past loving packs of mobs I already fought and didn't need to fight again when constantly going through the same drat zones I've been through before.

I guess I knew I was getting a bit spoiled off that one huh?

Ever since I finished playing as Gaige, I still catch myself cringing when I manually reload a gun. And also I scan the immediate area for explosives that may be triggered by reloading (from Shock and Aaaagh!)

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

The loot drop %'s not being much better continues to ruin otherwise cool moments. Went through a couple of monoliths in Tanton's Liver (or w/e it's called), found an awesome looking chest, and all it has were two green guns. :(

Arianya
Nov 3, 2009

Question regarding regions. Borderland The Pre-Sequel is still on pre-order in the UK, if I get a US friend to trade me a copy and add it to my library, will it still be unplayable till UK release?

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe
It'll be locked unless you risk a vpn.

Arianya
Nov 3, 2009

Mokinokaro posted:

It'll be locked unless you risk a vpn.

Egh, I've done VPNing with other platforms like Origin, but they have a reputation for not caring. How dangerous is it with Steam?

e: And will I need to stay VPNed for the entirety of time playing, or just to launch the game.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Conot posted:

Egh, I've done VPNing with other platforms like Origin, but they have a reputation for not caring. How dangerous is it with Steam?

e: And will I need to stay VPNed for the entirety of time playing, or just to launch the game.

Do it at your own peril, obviously, but they don't seem to care if you just use it for unlocking and nothing else. You'll want to take Steam offline right after it though, since it re-locks if it detects you aren't on a VPN anymore.

Arianya
Nov 3, 2009

Kaethela posted:

Do it at your own peril, obviously, but they don't seem to care if you just use it for unlocking and nothing else. You'll want to take Steam offline right after it though, since it re-locks if it detects you aren't on a VPN anymore.

Won't that stop me playing co-op, since Borderlands Pre-Sequel runs on Steamworks? It sounds like I'm best off just waiting for another 2 days.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Conot posted:

Won't that stop me playing co-op, since Borderlands Pre-Sequel runs on Steamworks? It sounds like I'm best off just waiting for another 2 days.

You could still do co-op if you remain connected to the VPN, as far as I know. Your ping will be poo poo if you do that of course.

I found a (not really) hidden easter egg in Stanton's Liver that I thought was neat.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MjUMOgTz-a0

Genocyber fucked around with this message at 20:00 on Oct 14, 2014

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."
I played a ton of BL2 and, during that time, I've probably funneled hundreds (especially because of how absurd the price-per-pull gets at higher levels) of millions of dollars into the slot machines at Moxxi's bar. However, not once did I ever get a triple-Vault symbol grand prize. I never got a triple-Bell cash grand prize either, come to think of it. Plenty of Marcus purples, Eridium jackpots, etc., though.

Then I go to Moxxi's bar in TPS and literally the first thing that happens when I play the slots for the first time ever on my first character is a triple-vault jackpot:

And a bunch of moonstone on the other machine at the same time. I am vindicated.

EDIT: Side note, how exactly do shift keys work in this game? There is a loot chest and a Shift machine. It looks like you can enter codes to earn keys, but then you have to actually redeem the keys to use them with a particular character? They don't just magically get added to a common pool that is shared between an account's characters? Does this mean that I should only redeem the keys if I am certain I want to use them with a particular character?

Cream-of-Plenty fucked around with this message at 20:18 on Oct 14, 2014

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

I played a ton of BL2 and, during that time, I've probably funneled hundreds (especially because of how absurd the price-per-pull gets at higher levels) of millions of dollars into the slot machines at Moxxi's bar. However, not once did I ever get a triple-Vault symbol grand prize. I never got a triple-Bell cash grand prize either, come to think of it. Plenty of Marcus purples, Eridium jackpots, etc., though.

Then I go to Moxxi's bar in TPS and literally the first thing that happens when I play the slots for the first time ever on my first character is a triple-vault jackpot:

And a bunch of moonstone on the other machine at the same time. I am vindicated.

I hate you so much

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

So, how Captain America is Athena in practice?

fookolt
Mar 13, 2012

Where there is power
There is resistance

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

It's always been that way. There are crappy sights in both games--the particular example you have for TPS exists in BL2 as well.

Huh, I must have blocked it out. That makes sense though because most of the guns later in BL2 do come with scopes or reflex sights.

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

Jusupov posted:

Some of the scavs do swear

A scav called me a dickhead when I was on my way to red belly.

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

Speedball posted:

Enh. She only gets to throw her shield once per activation, and it does crap for damage unless you let it absorb a few hits, so if you just want to kill poo poo with shield throws, you'll be disappointed (at least at low levels, I'm sure it'll be a lot better with higher level gear giving cooldown reduction and such).

On the other hand, she's tanky as poo poo.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Speedball posted:

It's excellent. Went straight down the left tree and can't wait for the ricochet one. I've been able to one-shot a badass with it at one point, so there's that.

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
Is anyone else having issues with the game connecting to SHIFT?

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Athena's great, especially once you get the skill that heals you when your shield's up.

Prel
Jan 12, 2012

Dross posted:

So I haven't read the whole thread yet but it looks like I'm going to be pretty much locked in to maining Nisha for the same reason I mained Salvador in 2; their active skills were the only ones that scaled with gear and thus maintained relevance into endgame.

This is my concern with Wilhelm. He looks fun but I'm wary of his pets not scaling well and becoming junk late game.

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

The thing about words is that meanings can twist just like a snake, and if you want to find snakes, look for them behind words that have changed their meaning.

SmokaDustbowl posted:

Is anyone else having issues with the game connecting to SHIFT?

I was, but once I'd manually logged in to my SHIFT account at https://shift.gearboxsoftware.com/home, then unlinked my Steam account, then restarted the game and tried to log in through the game, it worked without a hitch. That might be worth trying.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Dallan Invictus posted:

I was, but once I'd manually logged in to my SHIFT account at https://shift.gearboxsoftware.com/home, then unlinked my Steam account, then restarted the game and tried to log in through the game, it worked without a hitch. That might be worth trying.

This worked perfectly for me. Thanks!

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

Dallan Invictus posted:

Worked for me too, thanks dude.

SmokaDustbowl fucked around with this message at 20:50 on Oct 14, 2014

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

Kaethela posted:

It won't relock the game btw. Can't play multiplayer until the game is unlocked for your country unless you play with a vpn on.

Goddamn what an annoying bossfight at the big H, especially with me being a bit underleveled for it. Died multiple times instantly when I got back up to the arena.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

A powerful elemental laser weapon coupled with nisha's auto aim owns

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Prel posted:

This is my concern with Wilhelm. He looks fun but I'm wary of his pets not scaling well and becoming junk late game.

I got burned in bl1 with turret bro, and I got burned in bl2 with zero for lovely endgame abilities.

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007

ethanol posted:

A powerful elemental laser weapon coupled with nisha's auto aim owns

Can confirm. Even just the laser you get from Deadlift is crazy strong for quite a while with the autoaim from Nisha. As long as the enemies are within range you tear through everything, even badasses, in seconds.

Solartide
Oct 3, 2013

by XyloJW

Tenzarin posted:

I got burned in bl1 with turret bro, and I got burned in bl2 with zero for lovely endgame abilities.

I used a level 40 infinite through half of true vault hunter mode with zero because of his last bullet in a magazine skill.

Aenslaed
Mar 29, 2004
Nonfactor

Dallan Invictus posted:

That worked great., thanks.

I need an invite to the steam group too. http://steamcommunity.com/id/Aenslaed/

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

It looks like I may be doomed to get The Cradle for 2/3s of my legendary drops in this game as well.

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

"As a rule, I never touch anything more sophisticated and delicate than myself."
Man, the whole "doors-that-won't-open-for-whatever-reason-you'll-have-to-find-an-alternate-way-around" shtick is getting really old.

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.
Pretty much the first thing my group did was to find the level 30 boss fight hidden in a giant lava cave. At level 4. :negative:

Blackunknown
Oct 18, 2013

Got some codes I don't need, have fun with them!

PS3: KKK3J-T66R6-HTF5T-SBKJ3-JSFRJ

PC/Mac/Linux: KKK3J-T66R5-BXC3T-JBJJ3-JSF9T

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
so the Excalibastard, is that something you come back to with a high enough badass rank or a quest or something?

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Solartide posted:

I used a level 40 infinite through half of true vault hunter mode with zero because of his last bullet in a magazine skill.

Zero had bonus dmg for the first bullet in his magazine, are you sure you are not thinking about the gunzerker with the last bullet in the gun does bonus dmg(along with chances to get more ammo at the last shot resulting in doing retarded dmg based on luck)?

Tenzarin fucked around with this message at 22:16 on Oct 14, 2014

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I'm worried about the length of the game, also did they fix some of the issues 2 had? Like how a level 9 enemy would become a pain in the rear end to fight if you had a level 8 gun and the sheer bullet spongy-ness of some.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Alteisen posted:

I'm worried about the length of the game, also did they fix some of the issues 2 had? Like how a level 9 enemy would become a pain in the rear end to fight if you had a level 8 gun and the sheer bullet spongy-ness of some.

Solo seems okay scaling-wise so far, though I'm only at level 8 right now. Haven't had any real bullshit moments even in 3-player like we did in T/UVHM yet.

• Locked thread