Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mouse Dresser
Sep 4, 2002

This isn't Middle Earth, Quentin. There aren't enough noble quests to go around.

Robot Jelly posted:

Massive manchild? No clean and proper drinking glass because you never wash the dishes? Suck poo poo out of a plastic baggie

Had these in Puerto Rico: Gasolina, they are very sweet and VERY strong.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

My guys are still fighting the hard fight!
(weapons, shields and drones are still online!)
With names like 'Gasolina' and 'Sangriiia' (which sounds like what you would call it once the alcohol kicked in), you loving bet those things are strong.

Centripetal Horse
Nov 22, 2009

Fuck money, get GBS

This could have bought you a half a tank of gas, lmfao -
Love, gromdul

Rick_Hunter posted:

With names like 'Gasolina' and 'Sangriiia' (which sounds like what you would call it once the alcohol kicked in), you loving bet those things are strong.

The Latin market I do most of my shopping at (used to sell?) sells frozen liquor popsicles in little coolers near the checkout stands. They also routinely set up a tequila table that passes out free shots of booze the way other stores give out sausage samples.

I didn't see the liquorsicles or the alcotable when I went a few days ago. Maybe that poo poo got kiboshed.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty
There's a Cuban place in town that serves drinks in ziplock bags. It seemed like the weirdest thing when I got one

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

1000 Brown M and Ms posted:

These are a thing in some parts of the world. I've had them in Korea. They sell them on the beaches in the summer.

In the Phillipines, too. I wonder if this counts as a lifehack:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-23536914

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

My guys are still fighting the hard fight!
(weapons, shields and drones are still online!)

wipeout posted:

That's the kind of #lifehack (even though it isn't. It's more of a #poorhack) I can respect.

BBC News posted:

"There was one man who installed the lights and within a month he had saved enough to pay for the essential things for his child, who was about to be born. Can you imagine?" he says.

#lifehacks by definition aren't supposed to make your life better by letting you save money. They're supposed to highlight your laziness in a first world country.

Islam is the Lite Rock FM
Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx
I think those already exist in some houses.

BarbarousBertha
Aug 2, 2007

Yeah, googling "deck prism" shows a lot of skylight applications not on ships.

Still cool if you have the roof for it and no concern for your property value.

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
Snuffles was my slave name.
You shall now call me Snowball; because my fur is pretty and white.

Robot Jelly posted:

Massive manchild? No clean and proper drinking glass because you never wash the dishes? Suck poo poo out of a plastic baggie

There used to be a nightclub in my town that served red bull and vodka in a ziploc bag with a glowstick thrown in it.

Beartaco
Apr 10, 2007

by sebmojo

cyberia posted:

There used to be a nightclub in my town that served red bull and vodka in a ziploc bag with a glowstick thrown in it.

How many people died when that poo poo inevitably leaked like it always does?

Nastyman
Jul 11, 2007

There they sit
at the foot of the mountain
Taking hits
of the sacred smoke
Fire rips at their lungs
Holy mountain take us away

wipeout posted:

Article posted:

Wrapping his face in a cloth he makes a hole in a roof tile with a drill.

So he's clever enough to harness the power of the sun, but not clever enough to drill through a styrofoam cup? :raise:

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire

Beartaco posted:

Modern glowsticks generally aren't lethal since we do give them to kids and all. You'd probably notice the taste pretty quickly

PhotoKirk
Jul 2, 2007

insert witty text here

Beartaco posted:

The stuff inside a glowstick isn't toxic. My nephew chewed through one when he was little and we called poison control. The folks there told us not to worry, just rinse his mouth real well and give him something to drink.

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

PhotoKirk posted:

The stuff inside a glowstick isn't toxic. My nephew chewed through one when he was little and we called poison control. The folks there told us not to worry, just rinse his mouth real well and give him something to drink.
But first, stick him in a dark room and ask him to say "ahh".

Bruiser
Apr 4, 2007

by Shine

PhotoKirk posted:

did they give him vodka? Because that would be p. rad.

Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

Bruiser posted:

There's a few chemicals out there where treatment is basically "get poo poo faced."

Though none of them make a better excuse to get wasted than just wanting to get wasted.

A Moose
Oct 22, 2009

Centripetal Horse posted:

The Latin market I do most of my shopping at (used to sell?) sells frozen liquor popsicles in little coolers near the checkout stands. They also routinely set up a tequila table that passes out free shots of booze the way other stores give out sausage samples.

I didn't see the liquorsicles or the alcotable when I went a few days ago. Maybe that poo poo got kiboshed.

I saw a table like that at a liquor store in Massachusetts a couple weeks ago, they were promoting a new kind of rum and basically handing out shots, it was pretty awesome, especially when my girlfriend didn't like it so I got most of hers too. We didn't try coming around more than once though it wasn't that busy and they probably wouldn't have let us.

PhotoKirk
Jul 2, 2007

insert witty text here

Bruiser posted:

Nah, but they did tell us that the liquid tastes really, really, really foul. Cue my brother deciding to taste it and puking all over his garage.

Good times...

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

DemeaninDemon posted:

There's a few chemicals out there where treatment is basically "get poo poo faced."

Though none of them make a better excuse to get wasted than just wanting to get wasted.

That's what you're supposed to do if you drink antifreeze, IIRC. It only becomes harmful when your liver tries to filter it out, so you have to keep the liver busy by drinking shitloads of alcohol.

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat

Robot Jelly posted:

One of my friends is an attorney; I showed her this a while back and she said "that's a great way to get a public intox citation."

Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

That's what you're supposed to do if you drink antifreeze, IIRC. It only becomes harmful when your liver tries to filter it out, so you have to keep the liver busy by drinking shitloads of alcohol.

Anything that gets metabolized by that alcohol enzyme yeah. Same with methanol. It just goes out the pisser instead.

Aug 26, 2006

The Magic Number

College Slice

DemeaninDemon posted:

Specifically in the case of methanol poisoning (antifreeze, denatured alcohol), which your liver metabolizes into formaldehyde. The treatment is to get loving blitzed because your liver preferentially metabolizes ethanol over methanol, so you get drunk while the methanol gets flushed out as piss.

Basically, get shitfaced to save your life from methanol poisoning #lifehack

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Sex Hobbit posted:

One of my friends is an attorney; I showed her this a while back and she said "that's a great way to get a public intox citation."
please keep that joke in the schadenfreude thread

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Then again your liver metabolizes ethanol into acetaldehyde, which isn't good for you either. :science:

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

Bertrand Hustle posted:

Then again your liver metabolizes ethanol into acetaldehyde, which isn't good for you either. :science:

When choosing between 'hungover as gently caress', or dead, I'll take hungover as gently caress, please.

Fake edit: that is to say, right NOW I will take 'hungover as gently caress.' When I'm actually hungover, please save me from it with the sweet, sweet release of death, TIA.

Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx
Hangovers are nature's way of defending itself from people partying too hard.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

DrBouvenstein posted:

When choosing between 'hungover as gently caress', or dead, I'll take hungover as gently caress, please.

Fake edit: that is to say, right NOW I will take 'hungover as gently caress.' When I'm actually hungover, please save me from it with the sweet, sweet release of death, TIA.

Please note that by "not good for you" I mean "carcinogenic" not just hangover-inducing.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

3 posted:

Specifically in the case of methanol poisoning (antifreeze, denatured alcohol), which your liver metabolizes into formaldehyde. The treatment is to get loving blitzed because your liver preferentially metabolizes ethanol over methanol, so you get drunk while the methanol gets flushed out as piss.

Basically, get shitfaced to save your life from methanol poisoning #lifehack

Crank 3 plot confirmed

Pneub
Mar 12, 2007

I'M THE DEVIL, AND I WILL WASH OVER THE EARTH AND THE SEAS WILL RUN RED WITH THE BLOOD OF ALL THE SINNERS

I AM REBORN

3 posted:

Specifically in the case of methanol poisoning (antifreeze, denatured alcohol), which your liver metabolizes into formaldehyde.

Lifehack# If you think you might be about to die, chug antifreeze to save your undertaker a step and make his job easier!

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

PhotoKirk posted:

Nah, but they did tell us that the liquid tastes really, really, really foul. Cue my brother deciding to taste it and puking all over his garage.

Good times...

Glowpuke!

Kuiperdolin
Sep 5, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Lifehack : drink all the time, never get hungover.

Nastyman
Jul 11, 2007

There they sit
at the foot of the mountain
Taking hits
of the sacred smoke
Fire rips at their lungs
Holy mountain take us away

3 posted:

Basically, get shitfaced to save your life #lifehack

ftfy

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Kuiperdolin posted:

Lifehack : drink all the time, never get hungover.

Hair of the dog is real

ninjahedgehog
Feb 17, 2011

It's time to kick the tires and light the fires, Big Bird.

DemeaninDemon posted:

Hangovers are nature's way of defending itself from people partying too hard.

I always figured that getting drunk was just borrowing happiness from tomorrow.

Male Man
Aug 16, 2008

Im, too sexy for your teatime
Too sexy for your teatime
That tea that you're just driiinkiing

ninjahedgehog posted:

I always figured that getting drunk was just borrowing happiness from tomorrow.

The interest rates are really bad.

Rysithusiku
Nov 10, 2013

Witness the assless man and despair!
All futures point to a world of filled holes.

DrBouvenstein posted:

Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are thou among cocktails.
Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon.
Amen.

Also I once literally saw a doctor hand a guy a bottle of 151 and say "Start drinking. Now." After he tried to kill himself with something containing methanol. It was hilarious (after the fact). When you're not at a hospital you work with what you got I guess.

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author

"Put condiments in a snack baggy using a baggy clip to separate each, to dispense just snip the tip of the bag and squirt out like a pastry bag!"

Guest2553
Aug 3, 2012

Is...is that a mayo and guac on white bread sandwich? :ohdear:/:barf:

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author
Wasabi mayonaisse

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty