Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

Vagabundo posted:

That plus the bottled up anti-Aatrek sentiment that came gushing out as soon as he was gone.

Some of the other mods kept trying to quash that and pretend nothing had happened though. We never had a thread of healing. :qq:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fucked-Up Little Dog
Aug 26, 2008

Posting live from the nightmare future of Web 3.0

Scratchmo

Cojawfee posted:

I think everything on that site is published without author credit. I can't find any credits on any of the articles. Unless Aatrek wrote all of them.

He was quietly removed from the Staff page, though:

Before (via Wayback Machine)

After

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
"Nadler" even sounds like a name for a diddler. Don't go near that guy, he's a kiddie nadler.

Zurui
Apr 20, 2005
Even now...

It never ceases to amaze me how turbonerds look like turbonerds, even in a headshot.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.
It still amazes me how much he looks the part.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
What? No mustache.

Hard Clumping
Mar 19, 2008

Y'ALL BREADY
FOR THIS

Big Mean Jerk posted:

We never had a thread of healing. :qq:

We totally did, though - I was actually surprised that the mods let the aatrek poo poo run its course in his last thread for a little bit before we started this new one. Also there is a really hilarious thread (now goldmined) about it. Sorry you missed out!

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Wasn't this one of Aatrek's gifs?

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

Vagabundo posted:

Wasn't this one of Aatrek's gifs?

my god, he's everywhere :stare:

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

It might have been a Hugs Boson gif. Imagine if he turns out to be a paedo too.

Also, a reminder of this, since the topic of Aatrek the Childfucker has come up.

Vagabundo posted:

Remember when he didn't want us to post about the most recent Trek film in these threads until poor widdle Aawon had seen it? What a stupid child-loving piece of poo poo oval office.

edogawa rando fucked around with this message at 23:42 on Oct 14, 2014

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.
I really hope it isn't the diddler's.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

Hey guys, just want to come talk to you about my rare Naomi Wildman figure. It's the only one that's been in my butt.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.
Just grow the mustache already.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Now add a top hat, make it Pasqualo's dad

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

If you think that, along the way, you're not going to fail... you're blind.

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

Burning_Monk posted:

Police - "Not all Star Trek fans are Pedo's, but all Pedo's are Star Trek fans."

I'm not familiar with this song. Which album was it from? Not Synchronicity, surely.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

Blade_of_tyshalle posted:

I'm not familiar with this song. Which album was it from? Not Synchronicity, surely.

Keepoutta Mydaughta.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

There's a guy that knows how to work.

Like Ahmed Best and Jar Jar, the two of them know its crap but they're doing their best possible crap.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Blade_of_tyshalle posted:

THE TELEPHONE IS RINGING
IS THAT MY MOTHER ON THE PHONE

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

Every demon wants his pound of flesh

Sash! posted:

There's a guy that knows how to work.

Like Ahmed Best and Jar Jar, the two of them know its crap but they're doing their best possible crap.

Neelix has no redeeming qualities. Nor do most of the Voyager cast, mostly due to the writing.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

WattsvilleBlues posted:

Neelix has no redeeming qualities.

He calls Tuvok out for being a dick that one time during the episode with the weird gravity elevator or whatever. That's pretty much it though.

Here's footage of Tom Paris and Neelix having a spaghetti fight in German:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eWumC51IAuQ

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Data Graham posted:

Now add a top hat, make it Pasqualo's dad

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

It's like Mr. Peanut except more molesty.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
Meanwhile, in TOS:

Captain Kirk licks his lips as his giant grandma walks in on him playing with his massive stone dildo.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

What I love about the giant man in that episode is his makeup. It's just theatrical makeup and thus looks really great in wide shots but utterly wretched in close-up. These days they'd do a prosthetic to give him the gaunt look they wanted, but back then it was just too expensive and they painted deep cheekbones and sunken eyes on him :v:

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

A bracing glass of carrot juice!

Mister Kingdom posted:

It's like Mr. Peanut except more molesty.

Like in Rick and Morty with King Jellybean?

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
So this thread got me watching Farscape.

PLEASE tell me (without spoilers) if it gets a proper ending and doesn't go out on a cliff hangar? I know the plug got pulled before it's time (the budget, right?) and it might not be as polished as it could have been, but if ends with everybody about to die and a TO BE CONTINUED, well.. drat. I'll probably still watch it through but I really hope it at least has SOME kind of resolution.

I talked so much poo poo about this show back when it first aired and catching a few out of context episodes and now feel like an rear end in a top hat. Honestly it feels like Guardians of the Galaxy aspired to be a watered down Farscape, given the order I've seen them in.

Railing Kill
Nov 14, 2008

You are the first crack in the sheer face of god. From you it will spread.

Blazing Ownager posted:

So this thread got me watching Farscape.

PLEASE tell me (without spoilers) if it gets a proper ending and doesn't go out on a cliff hangar? I know the plug got pulled before it's time (the budget, right?) and it might not be as polished as it could have been, but if ends with everybody about to die and a TO BE CONTINUED, well.. drat. I'll probably still watch it through but I really hope it at least has SOME kind of resolution.

I talked so much poo poo about this show back when it first aired and catching a few out of context episodes and now feel like an rear end in a top hat. Honestly it feels like Guardians of the Galaxy aspired to be a watered down Farscape, given the order I've seen them in.

It doesn't end with a cliffhanger, as long as you watch The Peacekeeper Wars immediately after you finish the last season. Don't make the mistake the rest of us did by watching it when it was on TV ten years ago and only having the last season's ending as closure for several years gently caress gently caress gently caress rear end. But no, I'm not bitter.

Also: I haven't seen Guardians of the Galaxy yet, but now I want to. If it's even a little bit like Farscape, then I'm in.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

I haven't seen Peacekeeper Wars in years, but I remember thinking it was kind of poo poo at the time.

I am a stalwart defender of Spock's Brain and think Measure of a Man is dreary crud, however, so take that as you will.

Bruiser
Apr 4, 2007

by Shine
God drat! The last 5 episodes of DS9 are loving the best episodes in star trek. I'm just like... holy poo poo.

Railing Kill
Nov 14, 2008

Bruiser posted:

God drat! The last 5 episodes of DS9 are loving the best episodes in star trek. I'm just like... holy poo poo.

If not for "In the Pale Moonlight," "The Visitor," and "Far Beyond the Stars," I agree! I've actually been getting the urge to go back and watch just the last 6 or so episodes on their own.

Re: Peacekeeper Wars: I haven't seen it in ten years, so it may be good or bad. But it provides more resolution than the atrocity that is the last few minutes of the last regular season, so anything about it can be forgiven.

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

Every demon wants his pound of flesh

Bruiser posted:

A friend of mine has never seen past season 5. I envy him, because at any time he can just decide to watch some of the best TV ever made and stick on seasons 6 and 7.

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Railing Kill posted:

It doesn't end with a cliffhanger, as long as you watch The Peacekeeper Wars immediately after you finish the last season. Don't make the mistake the rest of us did by watching it when it was on TV ten years ago and only having the last season's ending as closure for several years gently caress gently caress gently caress rear end. But no, I'm not bitter.

Also: I haven't seen Guardians of the Galaxy yet, but now I want to. If it's even a little bit like Farscape, then I'm in.

Thanks for telling me about it, I didn't even know there was anything outside of the main series.

And yeah on the similarities, to the point a lot of settings and concepts seem super similar. I'm actually kind of curious if the comics were before or after Farscape because I think there was a lot of influence drawn from here if this was first.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

Railing Kill posted:

I haven't seen Farscape, but its pretty obvious that Guardians is trying to be the next Star Wars. The bad guy is literally a Sith Lord.

Railing Kill
Nov 14, 2008

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

I haven't seen Farscape, but its pretty obvious that Guardians is trying to be the next Star Wars. The bad guy is literally a Sith Lord.

I'm not a huge fan of Star Wars, but if it's a sci fi action/comedy with Chris Pratt as the lead and Joss Whedon didn't get his grubby, creepy hands on it, then I'll give it a shot. (I don't want to start a derail about how Joss Whedon sucks, so I'll stop about that right here.)

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

We have the tools, we have the talent!

Railing Kill posted:

I'm not a huge fan of Star Wars, but if it's a sci fi action/comedy with Chris Pratt as the lead and Joss Whedon didn't get his grubby, creepy hands on it, then I'll give it a shot. (I don't want to start a derail about how Joss Whedon sucks, so I'll stop about that right here.)

It's a science fiction action comedy starring Chris Pratt. Joss Whedon is not involved in any way. It's probably still around in some theaters and I recommend you catch it while its still there. It benefits from a large screen.

primaltrash
Feb 11, 2008

(Thought-ful Croak)

Bruiser posted:

Railing Kill posted:

If not for "In the Pale Moonlight," "The Visitor," and "Far Beyond the Stars," I agree! I've actually been getting the urge to go back and watch just the last 6 or so episodes on their own.

The best stretch of DS9 is probably late season 5 to early season 6.

Blaze of Glory
Empok Nor
In the Cards
Call to Arms
A Time to Stand
Rocks and Shoals
Sons and Daughters
Behind the Lines
Favor the Bold
Sacrifice of Angels

Lowen SoDium
Jun 5, 2003

Highen Fiber
Clapping Larry

Railing Kill posted:

I haven't seen Guardians of the Galaxy yet, but now I want to. If it's even a little bit like Farscape, then I'm in.

I guess it's a little bit like Farscape, but the main character is not as much of a fish-out-of-water as Crichton is since he grew up in outer space.

Honestly, Guardians of the Galaxy made me think of The Fifth Element crossed with Heavy Metal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.
Guardians of The Galaxy is to Star Wars as Galaxy Quest is to Star Trek.

Make of that what you will. It's incredible.

• Locked thread