Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

I would much rather do the same old same old adventure battles (I got into this game expecting mad repetition) more than I want to fight both Wizzro and Volga at the same time solo where I'm only allowed to kill a specific one and neither will GET OFF MY FUCKIN rear end

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Kaubocks posted:

I would much rather do the same old same old adventure battles (I got into this game expecting mad repetition) more than I want to fight both Wizzro and Volga at the same time solo where I'm only allowed to kill a specific one and neither will GET OFF MY FUCKIN rear end

Yeah these and the kill X enemies are the ones I like the least. I ended up liking even kill the giant bosses. Heck the hardest one where you have to fight Ganon, Gohma, and King Dodongo as Ganondorf is now my go to fun, relaxing level.

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.
The generic adventure battle structure is really fun too, I prefer it to any of the challenge missions because they're all really obnoxious in one way or another.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Yeah, I don't want things to get more difficult than the current Adventure Mode map, which I will be lucky if I can finish with my sanity intact.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Is it wishing for to much to hope that they might add new enemies and mechanics in the DLCs?

Spectacle Rock
May 24, 2013

RyokoTK posted:

To beat Spectacle Rock you have to race to 1000 kills as fast as possible.

You can never defeat me!

Sorry, but the probability of me being able to make a joke like that ever again, especially since it is a reference from 1986, is asymptotically zero.

Vanrushal
Apr 2, 2005

I thought my Spitter was a Jockey!
Holy poo poo gently caress the "Kill 1000 enemies in 10 minutes" mission.

I hope you enjoy getting chased around by 4 Imprisoned who love to mill around the single chokepoint in the map when they're not playing nightcrawlers. And doing it with Agitha to get that Heart Container. :v:

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Vanrushal posted:

I hope you enjoy getting chased around by 4 Imprisoned who love to mill around the single chokepoint in the map when they're not playing nightcrawlers. And doing it with Agitha to get that Heart Container. :v:

I don't think I enjoy that at all!

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Vanrushal posted:

Jesus. I am going to have to recruit somebody competent to help me with some of these. Far easier missions are already making me yell at my controller.

Bybus Slago
Oct 31, 2005
Maybe I'm just not hip to the jive.
Sometimes those heart pieces just aren't worth it. That sounds like one of those times.

Vanrushal
Apr 2, 2005

On the bright side, you get the Heart Container just for beating the level, rank is not an issue.

But then, you have to actually beat it in time. With Agitha.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Vanrushal posted:

On the bright side, you get the Heart Container just for beating the level, rank is not an issue.

I'm just not going to bother. If I can beat each level once and get all the skulltullas I'll be happy.

It's not like the heart containers are particularly interesting to get or unlock anything.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

I am going to spend the rest of my miserable life trying to get the heart containers and pieces and getting a gold rank on every stupid level because I am a fool.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Bybus Slago posted:

Sometimes those heart pieces just aren't worth it. That sounds like one of those times.

Heart pieces are basically never worth it because if you're taking any damage you've already practically lost A rank. I think I could count the number of times I've actually legit died rather than just failed an objective or A rank on one hand.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)

Vanrushal posted:

It's nowhere near as hard as it sounds, just do butterfly divebombs constantly.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

What level lets you farm Wizzro the fastest? I need a ton of his capes (rings would be welcome) but I can't recall him being in any fast missions minus the quiz with him and volga, and for some reason or another he only drops weapons for me there (5 in a row)

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

What level lets you farm Wizzro the fastest? I need a ton of his capes (rings would be welcome) but I can't recall him being in any fast missions minus the quiz with him and volga, and for some reason or another he only drops weapons for me there (5 in a row)

There's a rewards map where you fight two of him (and two Volgas, and one of all the other villains) in 3 minutes.

Suaimhneas
Nov 19, 2005

That's how you get tinnitus

MarquiseMindfang posted:

There's a rewards map where you fight two of him (and two Volgas, and one of all the other villains) in 3 minutes.

Is that one a quick and easy romp where rewards shower from the sky like "True Partners", or is it a "hope you're level 99" nightmare like the boss rush one?

Vanrushal
Apr 2, 2005

MarquiseMindfang posted:

It's nowhere near as hard as it sounds, just do butterfly divebombs constantly.

I did that at about level 75 with Strong Attack+ on a 5-star Princess Parasol, with less than a minute to spare when I finished. It was not a particularly pleasant experience.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)

Suaimhneas posted:

Is that one a quick and easy romp where rewards shower from the sky like "True Partners", or is it a "hope you're level 99" nightmare like the boss rush one?

Definitely a romp, I think everything that's nto Boss Rush is a romp, really. It's basically the very bottom part of Valley of the Seers, with Volga, Wizzro, Dark Volga, Dark Wizzro, Ganondorf, Zant and Ghirahim for you to beat within three minutes (nothing happens if you don't except Cia shows up in Allied base). Killing Cia ends the map.

I can beat all seven of them with 30 seconds to spare with a 99 Link and the unlocked Master Sword, so they won't be hard at all with less, really.

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008
Just tried both Ghirahim and Zant's level 2 missions and holy loving poo poo cuccos. The bastards follow you around everywhere, it's so hard to actually take care of business when you have to step on eggshells around those goddamn chickens. It's especially bad on Zant's mission, at least Ghirahim can focus his poo poo away from the birds and still be effective. All of Zants combos just go everywhere, is there anyway to get them to just go away?

Also oh my god the Allied Base just gets bumrushed and even sitting in there taking on everything myself the base just falls. I've never had that problem before.

THE FUCKING MOON fucked around with this message at 23:17 on Oct 14, 2014

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

MarquiseMindfang posted:

Definitely a romp, I think everything that's nto Boss Rush is a romp, really. It's basically the very bottom part of Valley of the Seers, with Volga, Wizzro, Dark Volga, Dark Wizzro, Ganondorf, Zant and Ghirahim for you to beat within three minutes (nothing happens if you don't except Cia shows up in Allied base). Killing Cia ends the map.

I can beat all seven of them with 30 seconds to spare with a 99 Link and the unlocked Master Sword, so they won't be hard at all with less, really.

I don't have that map sadly so bah to that for now I guess. I wish I knew which skulltula's unlocked which images.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

THE loving MOON posted:

Just tried both Ghirahim and Zant's level 2 missions and holy loving poo poo cuccos. The bastards follow you around everywhere, it's so hard to actually take care of business when you have to step on eggshells around those goddamn chickens. It's especially bad on Zant's mission, at least Ghirahim can focus his poo poo away from the birds and still be effective. All of Zants combos just go everywhere, is there anyway to get them to just go away?

Also oh my god the Allied Base just gets bumrushed and even sitting in there taking on everything myself the base just falls. I've never had that problem before.

You need to kill all the cuccos, quickly and indiscriminately.

At least in Girahim's, I actually don't remember Zant's level 2 having a cucco issue. But I do know what your problem is there - it's a morale level. Its gimmmick is that you need to quickly kill as many enemies as possible to get your allies to have morale boosts. If you can kill enough (apparently it's 1000 enemies?) they get a huge boost of morale that then allows them to totally turn the tide and conquer the map on their own.

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008
OH. Well that shouldn't be too hard, if there's one thing Zant can do right, it's kill lots of dudes quickly.

I guess I'll try tethering the Gold cucco on Ghirahims mission and see how that goes. I was on track to win that one when I finally hit the cucco while uncorking on Ganondorf. The gold one pecked me when I wasn't looking. :saddowns:

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

Sleep, rest, do your best.
I want Shiek's level 3 harp so I can have an easier time beating Darunia in Hard Mode Story for a Gold Skulltula, so I need to beat a mission where I play as Dorf and get an A rank. It's kind of a hectic map but not really trouble, except the final boss is Zant and with the way he never gets stunned he takes like five minutes to kill. I guess I need to get Dorf a better weapon so I can beat that mission so I can get Shiek a better weapon.

Is there any way of making Zant go into his stun so I can actually hurt him?

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

PringleCreamEgg posted:

I want Shiek's level 3 harp so I can have an easier time beating Darunia in Hard Mode Story for a Gold Skulltula, so I need to beat a mission where I play as Dorf and get an A rank. It's kind of a hectic map but not really trouble, except the final boss is Zant and with the way he never gets stunned he takes like five minutes to kill. I guess I need to get Dorf a better weapon so I can beat that mission so I can get Shiek a better weapon.

Zant's gimmick is that he only shows his weakpoint if he is allowed to go crazy with his attacks and get dizzy or collapse. I don't personally find it worth the trouble of baiting out. Do you have Ganondorf's level 3 weapon yet? If not, go get that because it should help a lot.

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Have tearful reunion with your son
-->Eh
Fun Shoe

PringleCreamEgg posted:

Before you fight Zant, get your magic and special meters full, blast him with all your specials, then activate your magic and go to town. That's my go to strategy for any non-huge boss that gives me trouble.

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.

THE loving MOON posted:

OH. Well that shouldn't be too hard, if there's one thing Zant can do right, it's kill lots of dudes quickly.

I guess I'll try tethering the Gold cucco on Ghirahims mission and see how that goes. I was on track to win that one when I finally hit the cucco while uncorking on Ganondorf. The gold one pecked me when I wasn't looking. :saddowns:

There is no way to finish that map in time without aggroing the Cucco, so just loving murder it and all its friends and proceed as normal. BBBBY will kill the lesser Cuccos without trouble and dash liberally once you're fighting the gold one.

Cicadas!
Oct 27, 2010

In my experience with that mission if you enrage the cucco the enemy army gets a huge fuckoff morale boost and your guys start making GBS threads themselves and it's just a really bad scene. The only way I was able to A-rank that mission was to carefully tiptoe around the cucco (which was a huge pain in the rear end because it's never more than 4 feet behind you) to keep the enemy army from powering up.
People have been brute forcing it? :psyduck: Are you all level 99 or something?
We're talking about the level 2 Zant mission, right?

e: oh you're talking about the Ghirahim mission, my bad.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Zant lvl 2 I didn't even know there was a Cucco. Ghirhim lvl 2 I failed it once and second try the chicken didn't get mad till Ganondorf was on his last leg and I had enough special to blow him up before the Counterattack even started.

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.
FWIW, I have yet to encounter a condition where a Cucco is following you like that in which the solution is not to nuke it as soon as it's convenient. That includes the really tough "Cucco party" mission on the north side of the map.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Man, I barely got the A Rank on the "defeat three giant monsters in ten minutes" map next to the Summoning Gate with Sheik. Thought I wouldn't get it after Imprisoned and the Dragon managed to team up immediately after Gohma died, which I had to juggle them both. Only had 9 seconds left at the end, but I did hit the A rank so I was happy.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

It's great going back to some old, non weapon maps that were too hard for me earlier and completely dominating them with Level-3 weapons.

Suaimhneas
Nov 19, 2005

That's how you get tinnitus

I just discovered an interesting thing. Agitha's BBBBY combo (the one that makes a huge beetle charge forward) can take out all of the Imprisoned's toes in one hit, if used from directly to the side. And you can start the combo from outside of the range of its attacks.

Edit: for reference, my Agitha's level 50 with a 5-star 2nd-tier parasol, and I was doing a "Defeat all enemies" level near the bottom-right of the map. I may have also had Strength V on the weapon

Suaimhneas fucked around with this message at 01:38 on Oct 15, 2014

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Suaimhneas posted:

I just discovered an interesting thing. Agitha's BBBBY combo (the one that makes a huge beetle charge forward) can take out all of the Imprisoned's toes in one hit, if used from directly to the side. And you can start the combo from outside of the range of its attacks.

Edit: for reference, my Agitha's level 50 with a 5-star 2nd-tier parasol, and I was doing a "Defeat all enemies" level near the bottom-right of the map. I may have also had Strength V on the weapon

I just did that mission in my skipped levels roundup, and wow you're absolutely right. That just destroyed him.

E: Holy poo poo gently caress that kill 1000 enemies mission, I am never doing that again to A-rank it or playing it with Agitha. I did it with Ganondorf and only barely made it without dying.

E2: THANKS LINK, YOU'RE THE HERO OF HYRULE! :haw: These credits own.

E3: COMPLETE! I'm freeeeeeeeeeeeeee*

*I'm not free

Regy Rusty fucked around with this message at 02:46 on Oct 15, 2014

Cirina
Feb 15, 2013

Operation complete.
I think I need an intervention. I've barely been able to put this game down and now I've been hitting my head on the wall that is attempting to A rank the 1000 kills in 10 minutes mission in the upper left of the adventure map.

Also my nnid is Oloeopia I'll be adding everyone in the second post later.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
Finished Agitha's and Zant's level 3 missions. I am in a place beyond pain, moving towards a beautiful light.

Zant's wasn't as horrid as I was expecting - it was pretty much a straight-up slugfest and the enemies were downright lethargic compared to the death-march AI of Ruto's or Darunia's missions - but Agitha's was yet another one of those gimmick maps, seems like. Fighting it out with the Dinolfos is suicide, you need to snatch up as many adjacent keeps as possible to keep them from spawning more Dinolfos and then wipe out any that made it to your base.

Wild Knight
Mar 27, 2010

Foul villain! I do not flee. I will never turn my back on you and run away!

[he says, running away]
I dunno how you fuckers are even getting to the edge of the map, the map squares just before those are destroying me. I'm despairing of ever finishing Adventure mode. :(

Unrelatedly why is it when I replay stages in Free mode sometimes the game decides to spawn another copy of the character I'm using? I've had a spare Impa spawn in the second level and a spare Midna in the Palace of Twilight, but no spares for, say, Link in Skyloft or Lana in Twilight Field. I can't figure out any logic to it.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Wild Knight posted:

I dunno how you fuckers are even getting to the edge of the map, the map squares just before those are destroying me. I'm despairing of ever finishing Adventure mode. :(

Which ones specifically are you having trouble with?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wild Knight
Mar 27, 2010

Foul villain! I do not flee. I will never turn my back on you and run away!

[he says, running away]
I can't remember specifically, just that there was a wave of missions I did tonight and all of them just kept raking me over the coals. I think Ganondorf's level 3 and the festival of Cuccos were two of them.

• Locked thread