Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
:negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
did anyone else see that

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

DoYouHasaRabbit posted:

I can't decide which character to play as. After reading everyone's posts I decided on Claptrap and then the game warns me that he's loving annoying so now I feel like backing out. Am I making a mistake?

For those that haven't tried to pick claptrap yet:

:allears:

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

Ghostpilot posted:

Man, the whole "doors-that-won't-open-for-whatever-reason-you'll-have-to-find-an-alternate-way-around" shtick is getting really old.

According to Joystiq's review this is pretty much every story quest throughout the whole game. And it is really annoying.

Solartide
Oct 3, 2013

by XyloJW

Tenzarin posted:

Zero had bonus dmg for the first bullet in his magazine, are you sure you are not thinking about the gunzerker with the last bullet in the gun does bonus dmg(along with chances to get more ammo at the last shot resulting in doing retarded dmg based on luck)?

Yes, the first bullet in the magazine. Infinite had a magazine size of 1 and didn't use ammo, so every shot was the first bullet in the magazine.

Then I combined that with The Bee and just tore everything up.

Dyz
Dec 10, 2010

Solartide posted:

You don't get a damage increase with sniper rifles, but the skill definitely works with sniper rifles.

Other guns get a damage bonus.

Vladof snipers are amazing with the skill. It's like having a minigun with a tiny magazine.

Drakes
Jul 18, 2007

Why my bullets no hit?
Has there been much improvement to multiplayer in this game? Like can players be in separate zones or is loot still a non-instanced free-for-all?

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Solartide posted:

Yes, the first bullet in the magazine. Infinite had a magazine size of 1 and didn't use ammo, so every shot was the first bullet in the magazine.

Then I combined that with The Bee and just tore everything up.

drat if I only kept playing for another month and a half. Maybe zero wouldn't of sucked donkey balls compared to the gunzerker. I think the gunzerker would be like 5000 times better with that gun.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
I like Claptrap so far because he echoes my statements of "gently caress you, assholes, I'm not dead yet" upon reviving via second wind kill (though a bit more eloquently than that). I can definitely see the steps backward they took from "annoying on purpose" BL2 claptrap to "naive ond optimistic" BL1 claptrap so I don't have any problems with him so far.

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

So, are there any Steam/Mumble/whatever groups for this? I'm tired of playing Bl games alone.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

I kind of hate myself because the Cathartic OZ Kit makes me laugh every goddamn time.

Also:

:allears:

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

CJacobs posted:

I like Claptrap so far because he echoes my statements of "gently caress you, assholes, I'm not dead yet" upon reviving via second wind kill (though a bit more eloquently than that). I can definitely see the steps backward they took from "annoying on purpose" BL2 claptrap to "naive ond optimistic" BL1 claptrap so I don't have any problems with him so far.

"I WILL STOP TALKING WHEN I'M DEAD!"

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."
You know, I was a little disappointed when I first discovered that relics were removed from the game...but the more I see of these Oz kits, the more I actually think the kits are a significant improvement over the relics and a decent replacement. Most ordinary relics gave a single bonus (or maybe two bonuses, excluding the stockpile ammo relics) but even really basic Oz kits do 2-4 different things that can really mix things up. My experience with relics was generally carrying 1-3 of them, including 1 that decreased cooldown and 1 that buffed whatever damage I preferred to do, and then just incrimentally swapping them out with superior versions as the game progressed. Oz kits actually make me think about what I want to do.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Yeah after switching from his Fragmented tree to the Boomtrap tree I'm having a much better time with Claptrap. I've got a maylay shield now too and it almost feels like I'm playing Krieg again.

Krieg with lasers. :allears:

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

You know, I was a little disappointed when I first discovered that relics were removed from the game...but the more I see of these Oz kits, the more I actually think the kits are a significant improvement over the relics and a decent replacement. Most ordinary relics gave a single bonus (or maybe two bonuses, excluding the stockpile ammo relics) but even really basic Oz kits do 2-4 different things that can really mix things up.

Same here. I've got one that gives me crazy fire rate and reload speed while I'm in the air, and I'm always in the air anyway. It's great.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Kaethela posted:

"I WILL STOP TALKING WHEN I'M DEAD!"

I like Claptrap's character assist action skills because he and the miniature Claptrap tell each other knock knock jokes :3:

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

You know, I was a little disappointed when I first discovered that relics were removed from the game...but the more I see of these Oz kits, the more I actually think the kits are a significant improvement over the relics and a decent replacement. Most ordinary relics gave a single bonus (or maybe two bonuses, excluding the stockpile ammo relics) but even really basic Oz kits do 2-4 different things that can really mix things up. My experience with relics was generally carrying 1-3 of them, including 1 that decreased cooldown and 1 that buffed whatever damage I preferred to do, and then just incrimentally swapping them out with superior versions as the game progressed. Oz kits actually make me think about what I want to do.

So far just about every white and green O2 kit has been more interesting and more useful than pretty much every relic from BL2 that I've seen. It's one of the things I really like about this game.

I'm definitely coming around to the game and now I just kind of regret picking Wilhelm because I want to go up his middle tree but his action skill has so far been pretty useless. At least Axton's turrets did decent damage in the early game and you could pretty much plop them down next to something you wanted to kill rather than watching Wolf just go gently caress off to kill some Lunatic while a badass just kinda wails on me.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Plan Z posted:

So, are there any Steam/Mumble/whatever groups for this? I'm tired of playing Bl games alone.

Just type Bordergoons 2 in the steam community search and it should come up.

Also feel free to add me if you're looking for someone to play with. http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198056768784

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Jibo posted:

So far just about every white and green O2 kit has been more interesting and more useful than pretty much every relic from BL2 that I've seen. It's one of the things I really like about this game.

I'm definitely coming around to the game and now I just kind of regret picking Wilhelm because I want to go up his middle tree but his action skill has so far been pretty useless. At least Axton's turrets did decent damage in the early game and you could pretty much plop them down next to something you wanted to kill rather than watching Wolf just go gently caress off to kill some Lunatic while a badass just kinda wails on me.

Yeah, Wolf seems really spotty about attacking things that aren't eighteen miles away. Though there's a target lock skill in the Hunter-Killer tree that will make him focus on your target. Shame that has to come after speccing into motherfucking robot legs because shooting sprint best sprint.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

I checked on IMDB, and I realize why I recognize Wilhelm's voice.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VNoITwTJiEM

Back Hack
Jan 17, 2010

Do we have a steam group for this? I only ask because there wasn't in the OP about it.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

Back Hack posted:

Do we have a steam group for this? I only ask because there wasn't in the OP about it.

People have made up for it not being in the op by asking every third post.

Forgive me if that was the joke.

Metrohunter
Sep 30, 2009

Ain't no thing like me, 'cept me.
Hyperion ghostbuster lasers are hilariously good. After like 2 seconds of firing they become 100% accurate and recoiless.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/bordergoonstwo

Either post your steam profile or chill out in chat for an invite.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Kaethela posted:

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/bordergoonstwo

Either post your steam profile or chill out in chat for an invite.

I'd take an invite:

http://steamcommunity.com/id/mreglue

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

"As a rule, I never touch anything more sophisticated and delicate than myself."
Well, that's a bummer. I had 5 golden keys. Used 2 and then quit the game to run an errand. Came back and went to use another one and the other 3 are gone. None in the key vendor, either. :sigh:

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

Ghostpilot posted:

Well, that's a bummer. I had 5 golden keys. Used 2 and then quit the game to run an errand. Came back and went to use another one and the other 3 are gone. None in the key vendor, either. :sigh:

See, that's what's making me wonder if I shouldn't just snatch every available key from the in-game shift machine. I feel like they have a time limit sitting in that machine, unclaimed. It was a lot easier when you'd just enter a shift code and every character would share from the same pool of keys.

EDIT: Anybody happen to find this bastard, yet?

Cream-of-Plenty fucked around with this message at 01:56 on Oct 15, 2014

TopHatGenius
Oct 3, 2008

something feels
different

Hot Rope Guy

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

See, that's what's making me wonder if I shouldn't just snatch every available key from the in-game shift machine. I feel like they have a time limit sitting in that machine, unclaimed. It was a lot easier when you'd just enter a shift code and every character would share from the same pool of keys.

EDIT: Anybody happen to find this bastard, yet?

:allears: No but that looks beautiful. Where did you find that?

Linear Zoetrope
Nov 28, 2011

A hero must cook

TopHatGenius posted:

:allears: No but that looks beautiful. Where did you find that?

It's in the zone where you kill Torks for that sidequest. I think you have to disable an electric barrier. I searched around and it looks like most people managed to pull it near the end of the game at level 30.

Metrohunter
Sep 30, 2009

Maelstrom Athena is hilariously good. It's trivial to keep 100+ stacks of the skill, even 150+ depending on your weapon.

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

Claptrap is fun times. My only complaint is that when he runs Krieg.exe, it doesn't get some of the insane-rear end abilities that Krieg gets in his talent. Otherwise, I dig the lil' dude.

My steam profile if you can give me a group invite:

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197965107231

Plan Z fucked around with this message at 03:18 on Oct 15, 2014

Metrohunter
Sep 30, 2009

Just saw the ending, is it me or does it seem like they're heavily foreshadowing an MMO? Shittons of planets with vaults, a war with an unknown faction and "You'll need as many vault hunters as you can get" sure seems like an ideal setup if they're going to take the series in that direction.

Linear Zoetrope
Nov 28, 2011

A hero must cook

Metrohunter posted:

Just saw the ending, is it me or does it seem like they're heavily foreshadowing an MMO? Shittons of planets with vaults, a war with an unknown faction and "You'll need as many vault hunters as you can get" sure seems like an ideal setup if they're going to take the series in that direction.

Wait... wasn't that basically the ending to BL2 too?

Either way, I really hope they're not going to do an MMO. I can't see it working at all.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Torque is still incredible. That's all I have to report.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Loool I found the 2001: A Space Odyssey monolith easter egg on my own and it's awesome. This game is great!

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

Metrohunter posted:

I loving hope not because I hate those kinds of games.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Nooooooo! More Borderlands time trial missions! :cry:

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
So, about the grinder, they say in the game that there are "special combinations" that produce certain items or kinds of items. Is the game just bullshitting to get you to use the fancy new thing or has anyone found any combinations that do spit out special stuff?

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

Only dabbled in two characters so far, but Claptrap is pretty interesting. I completely blew through some enemies with Funzerker.exe and Clappy said "Don't ask me where these bullets are coming from!"

Athena's Aspis is amazing. I see a bunch of bad guys, I raise my shield and make sure to face the guys trying to kill me and nothing happens to me! HAHAHAHAHAH! BRING IT ON!

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

CJacobs posted:

So, about the grinder, they say in the game that there are "special combinations" that produce certain items or kinds of items. Is the game just bullshitting to get you to use the fancy new thing or has anyone found any combinations that do spit out special stuff?

I've only found the really basic stuff that's just stuff three of the same rarity same item type into the machine and get a chance at an item a rarity higher, but considering the fact that tossing three purples in isn't a valid combination, and that there's an achievement for getting an orange out of the grinder, I assume it is actually true that there's secret recipes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

Infinity Gaia posted:

I've only found the really basic stuff that's just stuff three of the same rarity same item type into the machine and get a chance at an item a rarity higher, but considering the fact that tossing three purples in isn't a valid combination, and that there's an achievement for getting an orange out of the grinder, I assume it is actually true that there's secret recipes.

Check the badass ranks, there's ranks for discovering recipes.

• Locked thread