Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

ChaosArgate posted:

I don't see DIO doing Looney Tunes poo poo to try and get a sack. :colbert:

Edit for clarity: this is a point in favor of Kira.

No, instead DIO did Looney Tunes poo poo to gently caress with Hol Horse, Polnareff, Wilson Philips, and all the patrons at that one restaurant that suddenly found themselves consuming pieces of a cat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

FirstAidKite posted:

No, instead DIO did Looney Tunes poo poo to gently caress with Hol Horse, Polnareff, Wilson Philips, and all the patrons at that one restaurant that suddenly found themselves consuming pieces of a cat
He also dropped a steamroller on a Japanese schoolboy

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Nessus posted:

He also dropped a steamroller on a Japanese schoolboy

Oh yeah.

Looney Tunes as gently caress

cmykJester
Feb 16, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
I don't know why my head always hurts when I'm reminded Jotaro is only 17 in part 3 when he is ridiculously huge. Even weirder when he's like 40 in part four and looks younger because of the changing art style.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
He's only 20ish in Part IV.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
I think he meant Part 6.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

He's only 20ish in Part IV.

29 I thought

It's great how Jotaro's plan as a dad is more or less to go gently caress off to Japan after his daughter's born so he can hang out with his uncle and solve crimes.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Especially considering that Joseph and Suzie Q were in an argument at the time.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Well, Jotaro doesn't like loud girls, and babies/toddlers are the loudest of girls.

DicktheCat
Feb 15, 2011

FirstAidKite posted:

29 I thought

It's great how Jotaro's plan as a dad is more or less to go gently caress off to Japan after his daughter's born so he can hang out with his uncle and solve crimes.

Joestar men aren't the best fathers (see: Joseph and Josuke).

In fact, Jolyne would probably be a lovely mom, too. Lisalisa kind of was.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

We never really get to see Lisa Lisa as a mother, though.

Granted, she does hit her son in the face with an oar the first time they meet before throwing him into a pit of death.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

DicktheCat posted:

Joestar men aren't the best fathers (see: Joseph and Josuke).

In fact, Jolyne would probably be a lovely mom, too. Lisalisa kind of was.

I thought Joseph did pretty good for himself as far as Holly went. He tried with Josuke but that whole situation was just hosed to begin with since I don't think he even knew about Josuke until maybe after all the DIO shenanigans were done and over with. Plus he ended up raising Shizuka as well in spite of his age.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
Was Jolyne already born by the time Part 4 came? I thought she was born sometime afterward.

MelvinBison
Nov 17, 2012

"Is this the ideal world that you envisioned?"
"I guess you could say that."

Pillbug

Momomo posted:

Was Jolyne already born by the time Part 4 came? I thought she was born sometime afterward.

I'm so glad you asked.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

:allears:

cmykJester
Feb 16, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

RatHat posted:

I think he meant Part 6.

yeah whoops, yeah I meant part 6, I got a little mixed up.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

I didn't know I wanted this in my life :kimchi:

Davinci
Feb 21, 2013

This was amazing. Thank you.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Man I just re-read part Four and this just makes me miss the cast already. I enjoy all of JoJo but Part 4 is just so weird and unique and the entire city is really fun.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

Much as I love DIO, it's hard to argue that Kira isn't the best.

I think it's quite important to separate villain from character. I don't think DIO is a great character, considering he actually does very little but he's a great villain.

Kira is a much better character, but probably not as good of a villain.

I can't not read Little Jolyne goes to Morioh every time I see it linked.

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

Aurain posted:

I think it's quite important to separate villain from character. I don't think DIO is a great character, considering he actually does very little but he's a great villain.

Kira is a much better character, but probably not as good of a villain.

I can't not read Little Jolyne goes to Morioh every time I see it linked.

Remember that time Kira turned the preteen son of the man whose body he stole into a bomb that reset the universe and kept killing people one by one and only he could remember it happening and was potentially doomed to repeat that cycle for an unthinkable amount of time for no better reason than wanting a quiet, easy life?

Kira's a pretty good villain.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Patware posted:

Remember that time Kira turned the preteen son of the man whose body he stole into a bomb that reset the universe and kept killing people one by one and only he could remember it happening and was potentially doomed to repeat that cycle for an unthinkable amount of time for no better reason than wanting a quiet, easy life?

Kira's a pretty good villain.

Hey remember all those times he killed strangers for his own creepy satisfaction? Remember when he used that severed hand to pick out a sandwich? Remember when he brutally murdered our special friend Harvest and then Cinderella?

Kira's not a good villain my rear end.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
Remember when he followed a couple home, walked into their room and blew the guy's head up and forced the woman to kneel down and cut his fingernails? That whole scene was so incredibly hosed up.

Also that really creepy bath scene.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
Both Kira and DIO are really great and scary villains, but for entirely different reasons. DIO is this huge, shadowy force of nature that the heroes will eventually have to overcome, and he's slowly revealed to be even more terrifying than you could imagine thus upping the stakes significantly.

In contrast, everything about Kira is pretty much laid on the table from the get-go, but he becomes incredibly creepy because his crimes are committed in an everyday environment and because his goal is such a small and insignificant one. Kira puts a horror twist on something that could pretty much be your own life, and thus it all hits a lot closer to home than DIO ever could.

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

You sayin' I like dubs?!?
remember when kira needed to constantly pull powers out of his butthole because he gets turned into paste every single time he's within 10 feet of a protagonist?

remember when kira was nearly defeated by a 10 year old boy with no superpowers, a mentally deficient midget and a dead housecat that can't move?

remember when kira blew up his own father because he somehow confused his geatric father he loves dearly with a highschool boy putting on a voice?

remember when kira got a power that should've made him invincible but instead he got run over by a goddamn ambulance of all things?

remember when kira only killed a character that everyone hates and who was introduced right before he dies?

remember when kira was so stupid that he thought that being a tall blonde haired man wouldn't get in the way of him avoiding notice when he lives in a loving rural japanese town where nobody for miles even kinda looks like that?

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

darealkooky posted:

remember when kira needed to constantly pull powers out of his butthole because he gets turned into paste every single time he's within 10 feet of a protagonist?

remember when kira was nearly defeated by a 10 year old boy with no superpowers, a mentally deficient midget and a dead housecat that can't move?

remember when kira blew up his own father because he somehow confused his geatric father he loves dearly with a highschool boy putting on a voice?

remember when kira got a power that should've made him invincible but instead he got run over by a goddamn ambulance of all things?

remember when kira only killed a character that everyone hates and who was introduced right before he dies?

remember when kira was so stupid that he thought that being a tall blonde haired man wouldn't get in the way of him avoiding notice when he lives in a loving rural japanese town where nobody for miles even kinda looks like that?

Yeah, Kira was loving awesome. Don't know if he's my favourite but he's the most consistently entertaining Jojo villain. Speaking of I really need to start reading that light novel starring him, was it any good?

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
If you mean Deadman's Questions then hell yes it's good.

Exercu
Dec 7, 2009

EAT WELL, SLEEP WELL, SHIT WELL! THERE'S YOUR ANSWER!!
Not to mention that you can make a list that makes Dio look easily as stupid.

Dio suddenly gains the ability to cool his blood to snap freeze temperatures.

Dio suddenly gains the ability of space ripper stingy eyes.

Dio suddenly gains the ability to implant flesh buds into people's brains and control them.

Dio keeps forgetting that Jonathan can beat him in a straight up fight. Jonathan beats the poo poo out of Dio after Dio kisses Erina. Jonathan beats the poo poo out of Vampire Dio in the burning mansion. There's a window where Dio is able to beat Jonathan, but Dio spends that window sending weaker mooks at Jonathan. (Jack the Ripper, Tarkus and Bruford). Once Jonathan has the sword and is powered up by Zeppeli, he beats the poo poo out of Dio again. Even when Head-Dio sneak attacks Jonathan and shoots him in the throat with new special eye technique, Head-Dio is still unable to beat Ripple-less dying Jonathan and is trapped in the deep with his corpse for literally a hundred years. Good job, pt 1 Dio, you sure showed that Jonathan.

In part 3, Dio decides to just hang around his cool mansion forever and hope that these progressively stronger stand users will be able to stop Jotaro and bros. When he finally encounters what is left of Jotaro and the others (Jotaro, Kakyoin, Joseph and Polnareff), he first uses his ludicrously powerful stand to, instead of just killing Polnareff with it, move him downstairs. When they open the coffin, Dio uses The World again... and who does he target? Why, he targets the useless vampire instead of just straight up murdering one of the Stardust Crusaders.

The only person Dio actually manages to kill is Kakyoin, and even then he doesn't manage to keep Kakyoin from spoiling his stand ability. Vanilla Ice is better at killing people than Dio is. Heck, if Dio had been Vanilla Ice, his entrance would have been murdering Kenny G.

edit: turns out that being a Jojo's villain is not conducive to you doing a lot of things that make sense

Exercu fucked around with this message at 09:38 on Oct 15, 2014

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Wark Say posted:

I didn't know I wanted this in my life :kimchi:

There's tons of adorable fan art of young Jolyne and Josuke!

Potetially :nws: stuff behind this link, Tumblr loves to draw Josuke naked - https://www.tumblr.com/search/jolyne+josuke

Less of a minefield than searching Jojos on Pixiv, at least!

YF-23
Feb 17, 2011

My god, it's full of cat!

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Yeah, don't get me wrong, I loving love Kira as a villain, he's amazing, but I think DIO is a better villain none the less.

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal

Amazing.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

I was this close to say something about needing a horse but there it is.

red plastic cup
Apr 25, 2012

Reach WITH IN To your LOCAL cup and you may find A Friend And Boy...

Exercu posted:

When he finally encounters what is left of Jotaro and the others (Jotaro, Kakyoin, Joseph and Polnareff), he first uses his ludicrously powerful stand to, instead of just killing Polnareff with it, move him downstairs.

I just remembered that part. How was DIO doing that exactly?

He can stop time, but erasing/negating it was more King Crimson's deal. Was.. Was DIO stopping time, then walking down the steps to physically pick up Polnareff, carrying him down a step, then running back up to the top of the stairs to resume his gloating smirk?

Because now that I've thought of that I don't think I'll ever be able to see it differently.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

red plastic cup posted:

He can stop time, but erasing/negating it was more King Crimson's deal. Was.. Was DIO stopping time, then walking down the steps to physically pick up Polnareff, carrying him down a step, then running back up to the top of the stairs to resume his gloating smirk?

Because now that I've thought of that I don't think I'll ever be able to see it differently.

StalkofWheat
Oct 10, 2012

red plastic cup posted:

Sarcophallus
Jun 12, 2011

by Lowtax

red plastic cup posted:

There should be more of these gifs, and they should be in this thread somewhere if someone can find them.

e: God dammit. Beaten so hard.

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug

There's actually a shitload of these for various stand powers. If nobody else posts them by the time I get home tonight I'll dump some of them.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly

darealkooky posted:

GTFO Shigekiyo was a great character

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!

CodfishCartographer posted:

There's actually a shitload of these for various stand powers. If nobody else posts them by the time I get home tonight I'll dump some of them.

Please do. And the DIO ones if there are more/you have them.

• Locked thread