Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

What are they going to do with all those bodies?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Kwyndig posted:

What happens to all those clones now?

Whole lotta morgue space is about to get full

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
Y'know Barry you probably could've run fast enough to catch him before he fell.

Solaris Knight
Apr 26, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT POWER RANGERS MYSTIC FORCE

achillesforever6 posted:

The bad guy even has a dead wife!

And was formerly a scientist until he snaps and goes full villain!

frgildan
Apr 6, 2005

I went some place mum and everyday I woke up in that place and told myself I'm alive and I was.
This show is so good.

Solaris Knight
Apr 26, 2010

BrianWilly posted:

Barry was probably shocked and too winded to properly focus.

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

We have the tools, we have the talent!

They've gotta quit killing the villains off at the end of each episode if they want to do the Rogues. I mean, sure, Multiplex ain't technically a Flash villain, but Weather Wizard was!

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

BrianWilly posted:

Catching a body that fell several stories is probably a bad idea.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

jng2058 posted:

They've gotta quit killing the villains off at the end of each episode if they want to do the Rogues. I mean, sure, Multiplex ain't technically a Flash villain, but Weather Wizard was!

Weather Wizard had a twin we never saw.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

Solaris Knight posted:

Barry was probably shocked and too winded to properly focus.
Shoulda had more tacos.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

There's the name.

Technogeek
Sep 9, 2002

by FactsAreUseless
Multiplex officially confirmed.

Solaris Knight
Apr 26, 2010

I'm so glad they called him Multiplex. :swoon:

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

BrianWilly posted:

Shoulda had more tacos.

Or less, probably.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
Well one out of three ain't bad Barry; olives are the best Pizza topping :colbert:

MadMadi
Mar 16, 2012

"We were all struck by that lightning..."

Mike Danger
Feb 17, 2012
Pepperoni, olives, and jalapenos sounds pretty foul

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Deadpool posted:

Catching a body that fell several stories is probably a bad idea.

Yea this and the whole shock thing, this is the guy's second day on the job, he was exhausted and got caught off guard.

Solaris Knight
Apr 26, 2010

You know, I'm glad we're not getting a Flash movie. This is already way better than that would be.

YES, ANOTHER WELLS STINGER

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

HOLY poo poo :stare:

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Well thanks for coming Bill.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

What

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Harrison Wells is about to be the most magnificent bastard

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Holy poo poo again. These endings.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Bruh.

Mike Danger
Feb 17, 2012
Wait, what was that? I didn't catch anything before "the fastest man alive"

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Mike Danger posted:

The other guy wants to catch him to use his power. Wells isn't a fan of that idea.

Also he called him The Flash.

Technogeek
Sep 9, 2002

by FactsAreUseless
And :tviv: remains the proper emoticon for this thread.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Mike Danger posted:

Dead guy wanted to study Barry, Wells said he's going to be known as the Flash and he has to be protected.

Solaris Knight
Apr 26, 2010

They called him the Flash in episode 2, already ten times better than Smallville.

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.
What's amazing is that because it's Tom Cavanaugh, I still think "He could still be a good guy!" Even after he murders William Sadler in order to keep him quiet.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Solaris Knight posted:

They called him the Flash in episode 2, already ten times better than Smallville.

Having a dude from the future legitimately is going to be a major help for the show. We all know he's The Flash, having a guy to have these little moments of 'yea he's the fuckin Flash let's cut the poo poo' helps feel it less like dicking around.

Solaris Knight
Apr 26, 2010

Tatum Girlparts posted:

Having a dude from the future legitimately is going to be a major help for the show. We all know he's The Flash, having a guy to have these little moments of 'yea he's the fuckin Flash let's cut the poo poo' helps feel it less like dicking around.

Plus we get foreshadowing of where his arc's going, as well as future conflicts.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

Wells is a great example of them setting up a future plotlines (.....:buddy:) where they clearly do know ahead of time who he is and what they want him to be, instead of that annoying thing TV shows sometimes do where it's like "Here's a vague thing, what does it mean???? gently caress if we know 'cuz it could be goddamn anything! Tune in to find out what!"

Wells is vague and mysterious, but the things that he says and does really do narrow down the list of potential identities he could have or the possible motivations he might be pursuing, and we already have a pretty clear idea of the sorts of shenanigans he'll be pulling down the line.

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Solaris Knight posted:

Continuing the Spider-Man aalogies, the whole losing his powers and motivation but regaining them arc this episode had is basically Spider-Man 2 but way better.

I was thinking this the entire time, too. I'm really glad that someone understands how to write a good live action Peter Parker, even if it is for a DC TV show.

Watching the episode today I had the strange thought that maybe Wells is actually Superman, depowered and thrown into the past (Clark Kent glasses, Reeves-referencing wheelchair) but then he stabbed a guy and that theory got shot to poo poo.

Also if anyone in this thread is enjoying The Flash and hasn't watched the Justice League cartoon, stop what you are doing and bring it up on Netflix. It's one of my top five favorite TV shows of all time and was (until Arrow and The Flash) the undisputed champion of DC media adaptations.

asecondduck fucked around with this message at 02:44 on Oct 15, 2014

Technogeek
Sep 9, 2002

by FactsAreUseless

lelandjs posted:

Also if anyone in this thread is enjoying The Flash and hasn't watched the Justice League cartoon, stop what you are doing and bring it up on Netflix. It's one of my top five favorite TV shows of all time and was (until Arrow and The Flash) the undisputed champion of DC media adaptations.

The episode in which Lex Luthor and Flash swap bodies is still one of my favorites, both because it shows just how dangerous the Flash's powers are in the wrong hands and because of this.

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Technogeek posted:

The episode in which Lex Luthor and Flash swap bodies is still one of my favorites, both because it shows just how dangerous the Flash's powers are in the wrong hands and because of this.

I'm actually hoping for a Flash/Arrow crossover bodyswap episode.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

Technogeek posted:

Even more funny in a meta way is that Wally West's voice actor played Lex on Smallville

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Oh my god I love this show already.

It's such an awesome companion show for Arrow.
One is grimdark and serious and the other is mostly light hearted full on comic book and it's completely running with it. :flashfap:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jax-Guy1
Apr 25, 2011
It took me a while to really get into Arrow, but this . . . this I already LOVE. The tone, the effects, the scale is just really impressive for a show on a niche network with probably a budget that's far less of that for SHIELD over on ABC.

Jax-Guy1 fucked around with this message at 03:33 on Oct 15, 2014

• Locked thread