Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

"As a rule, I never touch anything more sophisticated and delicate than myself."

Daniel Bryan posted:

Pretty sure it was this show from January, the last show he was on: http://www.f4wonline.com/component/...young-tons-more

Oh, you need a sub. Bummer. Thanks anyway, though!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kinetic77
Jun 23, 2010

These guys are derpy dorks but they got wrestling knowledge. Good poo poo.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/gorgeous-losers-of-wrestling/id923802801?i=319465073&mt=2

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
TNA - "Pride commeth before the fall"

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Really upsetting news. Stewart Allen - commentator, podcaster, website owner of Ringbelles, wrestling fan passed away. Was from Northern Ireland then moved to London.

I was exchanging DMs with him on Friday. He was awaiting a biopsy to confirm a form of lymphoma. One of the nicest fans I ever met.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

rovert posted:

Really upsetting news. Stewart Allen - commentator, podcaster, website owner of Ringbelles, wrestling fan passed away. Was from Northern Ireland then moved to London.

I was exchanging DMs with him on Friday. He was awaiting a biopsy to confirm a form of lymphoma. One of the nicest fans I ever met.

Seconding he was a super nice dude. Stew's presence and voice will be missed.

coconono fucked around with this message at 18:24 on Oct 13, 2014

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
Bryan Alvarez had his greatest quip ever on the latest B&V show when they were talking about Tommy Dreamer's theme song.

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Your favorite furry wrestler.

mariooncrack posted:

Oatgan, was that you who asked a question on the last talkin shop show?

Which TNS episode is this? Since all the MLW or whatever shows all come in in the same feed, I get confused as to when things happen.

Also as far as the Raw recaps and shorter shows for the Pisscast? I say keep the recaps, because I love to hear your opinions on what was awesome and what was not, and while I don't want you guys to burn yourselves out I do miss the longer shows. It was awesome listening to you guys for almost half a work day.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Skunkrocker posted:

Which TNS episode is this? Since all the MLW or whatever shows all come in in the same feed, I get confused as to when things happen.

Also as far as the Raw recaps and shorter shows for the Pisscast? I say keep the recaps, because I love to hear your opinions on what was awesome and what was not, and while I don't want you guys to burn yourselves out I do miss the longer shows. It was awesome listening to you guys for almost half a work day.

oatgan's question was on Cheerleader Melissa part 2.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

NotQuiteQuentin posted:

slightly ot but has anyone gotten the karl stern sticks? was thinking about getting #2 and #3 but was wondering how good they are.

I bought the most recent one which came with #1. They are a good resources but a lot of the content is redundant if you are a subscriber.

The Goog
Aug 6, 2007

It's a Goog Day, yes it is!
Hey, remember the Punchsport Podcast? Well, it's back! In pog podcast form!

The title is what it is because I forgot to change it after putting in the intro music. SORRY.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
Finally got around to the Pisscast this week. Was that ear-poison at the start from Hogan's Japanese album? That was a misery.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Stone Cold did another call in episode today. Unsurprisingly, most of the callers were equal parts sycophantic and smarky as hell. What is surprising is that Austin thinks Dean Ambrose needs to hit the gym more. How much more jacked can he be?

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
is the show any good?

canada jezus
Jul 18, 2011

Charles Gnarwin posted:

Stone Cold did another call in episode today. Unsurprisingly, most of the callers were equal parts sycophantic and smarky as hell. What is surprising is that Austin thinks Dean Ambrose needs to hit the gym more. How much more jacked can he be?

Pre wellness levels of jacked.

ExplodeYourself
Jan 19, 2006
Has Hulk Hogan been on anyone's podcast? I can't seem to recall him doing that or any kind of shoot interview. It could be good PR move for him if he uses it as platform to make good with an audience that probably doesn't think much of him these days.

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

"As a rule, I never touch anything more sophisticated and delicate than myself."
The real question would be determining when Hogan was telling the truth about anything.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

I think the only podcast where he'd be remotely called out on his poo poo would be Piper's. I'd love to hear him on Talkin' Shop though, in the same way I want to hear every wrestler on Talkin Shop.

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

i hope election day never comes so i can hear cornette cut promos on mitch mcconnell till the end of days

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

WeaponX posted:

i hope election day never comes so i can hear cornette cut promos on mitch mcconnell till the end of days

As long as I don't have to hear his "All Muslims==ISIS" promo ever again. Alice Radley saved his rear end on that.

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

coconono posted:

As long as I don't have to hear his "All Muslims==ISIS" promo ever again. Alice Radley saved his rear end on that.

i like to think she has a "jim you're being racist" button that pops up on his skype

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

The Goog posted:

Hey, remember the Punchsport Podcast? Well, it's back! In pog podcast form!

The title is what it is because I forgot to change it after putting in the intro music. SORRY.
I regret nothing in stirring the poo poo with calling out the people who hate the Usos :colbert:

Also good god do I breathe heavily

WeaponX posted:

I want it to come because I want Tom Corbett to gently caress off this state

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Mods please change my name to MAJOR BLOWJOBS

BlueArmyMan
Mar 30, 2007
Hooloovoo

achillesforever6 posted:

I want it to come because I want Tom Corbett to gently caress off this state

I like you :hfive:

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

WeaponX posted:

i like to think she has a "jim you're being racist" button that pops up on his skype

its probably a sign she hold up.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I was kinda shocked to hear that Talkin' Shop "only" gets roughly 10k downloads a show, and that this is considered pretty drat good by MLW. I know it is chalk and cheese, but JR's show gets a million+ downloads a week according to him. I had kind of figured that Talkin' Shop might be doing 50-100k.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Jerusalem posted:

I was kinda shocked to hear that Talkin' Shop "only" gets roughly 10k downloads a show, and that this is considered pretty drat good by MLW. I know it is chalk and cheese, but JR's show gets a million+ downloads a week according to him. I had kind of figured that Talkin' Shop might be doing 50-100k.

Is it on iTunes? All I feel I hear about talkin shop in this thread is how hard it is to find.

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frogc00l:

he knows...
There's no way JR's podcast gets a million downloads.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

I wish I could just subscribe to Talkin' Shop without having to be subscribed to MLW.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Maybe he meant 'my episodes combined have had a million downloads' and you misunderstood him?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Bhester posted:

I have zero information to back it up, only what he says on his own show. According to this he ranks in the Top 20 of all itunes podcasts for the sports and recreation category, but I have no idea what those numbers are (I'm glad Steve Austin and Jericho rank higher though).

I will say it wouldn't surprise me at all that a million+ people worldwide would download a FREE podcast by Jim Ross, but it DOES surprise me that Talkin' Shop only does 10k.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Jerusalem posted:

Most of the people who know who the Bullet Club are only speak Japanese. Everyone knows who JR is and thinks he knows what he's talking about even if it is just an old man ranting about ten count punches and Iced Tea and how his father beating him to sleep with the corpse of the puppy he just made him strangle made him a man and wasn't abusive at all.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Gonzo McFee posted:

Most of the people who know who the Bullet Club are only speak Japanese.

They actually provided a breakdown by country and were surprised at how little of their listeners were actually from Japan.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Jerusalem posted:

They actually provided a breakdown by country and were surprised at how little of their listeners were actually from Japan.

Uh, they're a bunch of white (and sometimes black) dudes talking English on a podcast hosted on a site that's also in English? Why does this surprise them?

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Bhester posted:

this is far more shocking to me (regardless of how you feel about the show) than that Talkin' Shop only gets tens of thousands of listeners

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
Who is this Wang guy on B&V? I haven't listened to the B&V show in ages.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

triplexpac posted:

Who is this Wang guy on B&V? I haven't listened to the B&V show in ages.

One of Bryan's jujitsu students who he finds entertaining and whacky. He's very much into pop culture an dating and seems to like Total Divas. His shows range from really funny to unlistenable.

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer

Daniel Bryan posted:

One of Bryan's jujitsu students who he finds entertaining and whacky. He's very much into pop culture an dating and seems to like Total Divas. His shows range from really funny to unlistenable.

Yeah, his appearances are real hit and miss, but he certainly has his positive moments.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Gaz-L posted:

Uh, they're a bunch of white (and sometimes black) dudes talking English on a podcast hosted on a site that's also in English? Why does this surprise them?

Probably at least partly for the reason Gonzo said - the overwhelming majority of their current work (and presumably their fans) is in Japan and tied to a company whose events are pretty difficult to find for the casual fan that would even have the inclination to look for them.

Another strike against them is that the language they use is pretty opaque to someone that isn't familiar with wrestling terminology or the personalities they have on there, and even then drunken carny talk - calling it English is a stretch - is difficult to decipher for a layperson.

Add that to the fact that JR's podcast is pimped on other, far more popular podcasts like Austin's and Jericho's and it starts to become clearer.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Justin Roberts will be on Talk is Jericho on Friday

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

sportsgenius86 posted:

Justin Roberts will be on Talk is Jericho on Friday

was it recorded before he got sacked?

• Locked thread