Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AG3
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about spending hundreds of dollars on Mass Effect 2 emoticons and Avatars.

Oven Wrangler
Oh my god, Baby Maybe Koi no Button on hard is almost unbearably slow after having played the EX version so many times. There's such a disconnect between my muscle memory and what actually shows up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

I like how events are real trials of the $1 auction experiment. I think the max that should be bid on an event is 12 gems to equal the rewards. SR at 5 gems cuz of 1/10 chance when 50 is spent during 11 draw, 5 more the scout ticket, and 2 for the gems you get for idolizations. However, you see people spend much, much more than that! It's really funny to watch.

I calculated my chances at reaching rank 1000 and it would have to be around 20 gems including the final push that always happens. Wonder if it would still be reasonable at 12 gems had I done what the other goon did and spend 10-15 gems during all events. I'd be at a much higher rank for sure.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

I've got this awful feeling that I'm going to wake up having dropped 700+ places to below 1000.

AG3
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about spending hundreds of dollars on Mass Effect 2 emoticons and Avatars.

Oven Wrangler

ReidRansom posted:

I've got this awful feeling that I'm going to wake up having dropped 700+ places to below 1000.

I second that. I dropped 400 places just in the time I got home from work and until I went to bed. I don't know if people just REALLY want this card or if this is how all events will go from now on, but if it's the latter this is going to be the last even I even bother trying.

*Edit*

Yep, from ~400 to 1175 in just a couple of hours. poo poo's getting real in the finger-tambourine community :v:

AG3 fucked around with this message at 10:29 on Oct 15, 2014

Sidesaddle Cavalry
Mar 15, 2013

Oh Boy Desert Map
Yes, come join the Underachiever Side. It's very comfortable here.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

It really tightened up. I only dropped like 30 places from 11:30 when I went to sleep, but rank 1000 was like 57000 at that point, and ended at 63000 and change. Not sure I'm going to chase the next score match, this cost more gems than I would have preferred, and with fewer rewards than a token event.

AG3
Feb 4, 2004

Oven Wrangler
I didn't even need the card since Smile is by far my best team, but I thought I'd give it a shot. That'll teach me. It was roughly 10k points to 1000 when I went to bed 8 hours before event end, so people really burned gems in those last few hours. I guess that means it won't change anytime soon since it must be extremely lucrative to have people fiercely compete for those SR cards.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

I didn't really need the card since my smile team is pretty baller also, but I just didn't like the grumpy look on her face, dumb a reason as that is.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

That's pretty much the same reason I had, lol. I know you can turn off the animations but I like leaving it on from time to time. I find the grumpy face hilarious now.

In any case I got an SR. out of my scout ticket so I'm happy. It's a nice fortified one so now I have one of all 3 colors. :) I don't like the fortify ability cuz I can't figure out my mistakes when it procs but maybe it'll be hilarious to have 9 of them in a team just to see how many little dots proc at once.

Chill la Chill fucked around with this message at 14:30 on Oct 15, 2014

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

It's too bad the old decaf.something wiki is gone. It had all the note distribution charts and could answer this question. My friend and I are in disagreement with how the scoring system works. As I understand it, idol placement matters which is why note distribution charts were made. He says they don't matter and overall on-color strength is used and that note distribution charts are only made cuz it helps with anticipation of the hardest portions of songs.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

But that site is still there? It has just been a bit wonky lately. Works for me just now though.

And, you're right. Placement does matter. There's a bit of weird math involved, like even your bond on a particular card modifies the score for a note, but basically you put your strongest cards where there are the most notes, except for your center, where you'd put your best leader skill even if it's low in the note distribution. But not necessarily your strongest card. Like if you're got multiple URs for a particular color, fill the highest distribution positions first then put the weakest card with the same leader skill at center (if it is lower distribution, which they usually seem to be).

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

It's no longer showing up through Google. I used to be able to find it by searching SIF wiki. What's the url again?

dudermcbrohan
May 14, 2013
This one? http://decaf.kouhi.me/lovelive/index.php?title=Main_Page

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Thanks! It's still weird that it no longer shows up on a Google search.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Love & Peace EX pretty tough. Feels like the harder of these first two. Wild Stars not quite as bad. Got through both S rank on first play, but both no combo'd :/

finalcake
Oct 5, 2002

CHESTO~!!

ReidRansom posted:

Love & Peace EX pretty tough. Feels like the harder of these first two. Wild Stars not quite as bad. Got through both S rank on first play, but both no combo'd :/

Love & Peace was actually looking to be pretty easy, but then the last 10 seconds of the song threw me way off guard! I'll agree that Wild Stars isn't as bad, but it has a couple annoying gimmicks.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Wild Stars much easier. A combo'd my second attempt with 2 goods 1 bad. If I'd loaded all my perfect locks on a team I may have had it.

And ya, that last bit of Love & Peace is gonna be the challenge there. Fortunately it'll be around longer.

beaner69
Sep 12, 2009
There's a guaranteed SR thing going on right?

Oblivion590
Nov 23, 2010

beaner69 posted:

There's a guaranteed SR thing going on right?

Yes. I think it runs until the 20th.

beaner69
Sep 12, 2009
What does this mean?
Pulled 11 times still no UR :(

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

beaner69 posted:

What does this mean?
Pulled 11 times still no UR :(

Just a typo. The actual number should be 3 seconds.

PotU
Jul 5, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
50 gem pulls are bullshit and why cant this game just give me a rin ur its all i really want its not that hard

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

After a couple more times playing love and peace EX, I got the groove down. It's a really calming song and I love the ending.

Does anyone know what the deal is with the Khorosho meme? I joined a FB group for SIF and they always say it with Eli and I remember her being Russian but never saying it. Is it just a meme or does she say it in the show?

beaner69
Sep 12, 2009

Chill la Chill posted:

After a couple more times playing love and peace EX, I got the groove down. It's a really calming song and I love the ending.

Does anyone know what the deal is with the Khorosho meme? I joined a FB group for SIF and they always say it with Eli and I remember her being Russian but never saying it. Is it just a meme or does she say it in the show?

I remember her saying it like 4 times in the 2nd season but it was mostly her sister that said it.

Sidesaddle Cavalry
Mar 15, 2013

Oh Boy Desert Map
My memory's hazy on that too. I think she might have said it once in the first season as a gag reaction imitating her sister, but now it apparently might as well be her name.

I hit Rank 100 today. Six straight plays of 25-LP songs made possible by the level up allowed me to join the love&peace combo club.

I also have a new friend slot open if you want to admit to playing this game.

AG3
Feb 4, 2004

Oven Wrangler
Love&Peace full combo still eludes me. After 25 attempts I had my best try at 417 combo, but that's as far as I've gotten. The last stretch with all those rapidly alternating holds is taking me a long time to master. It's a pretty fun song at least.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Wild Stars FC is still eluding me. A lot of really close ones, but it always seems I hit a single good somewhere or another. Just a matter of time though.

And odd about the extended maintenance this morning. I was hoping to get my usual plays in before work, but guess not. Or maybe I can sneak a few in if they wrap it up here at 8. Worth an apology gem or two, at least.

AG3
Feb 4, 2004

Oven Wrangler

ReidRansom posted:

Wild Stars FC is still eluding me. A lot of really close ones, but it always seems I hit a single good somewhere or another. Just a matter of time though.

And odd about the extended maintenance this morning. I was hoping to get my usual plays in before work, but guess not. Or maybe I can sneak a few in if they wrap it up here at 8. Worth an apology gem or two, at least.

3 gems, it seems! I didn't even have time to play until after maintenance was over, so it's great for me.

finalcake
Oct 5, 2002

CHESTO~!!
...poo poo, I accidentally uninstalled the game. I was just trying to force stop it so that it could properly download after maintenance. I tried reaching their official site but can't seem to contact them for info on how to get it back.

If that means my previous data's unrecoverable, then gently caress. I mean it's only $16-ish gone, but my Idolized UR and regular UR... :negative:

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

poo poo dude. That sucks. Hope you're able to get it back. If you're going to start a new one just in case, today is a good day. Eli's birthday, so free gems.

And I finally was able to FC Wild Stars today after work, but just when I want to get started on Love & Peace, Susume->Tomorrow shows up. It may not be quite as hard as first try seemed, but it nearly did me in. If I didn't have a couple of healers I probably would have failed it. Feel like I should work on that one since it goes away first, but ehh...

Sidesaddle Cavalry
Mar 15, 2013

Oh Boy Desert Map

Aku posted:

...poo poo, I accidentally uninstalled the game. I was just trying to force stop it so that it could properly download after maintenance. I tried reaching their official site but can't seem to contact them for info on how to get it back.

If that means my previous data's unrecoverable, then gently caress. I mean it's only $16-ish gone, but my Idolized UR and regular UR... :negative:

Official site, as in email address? According to what I've read from in-game info, all support issues need to go through info-schoolfesta at klab dot com. You have to include your username, ID# (we can find this for you if you're on one of our friend lists), your phone/tablet model and its OS, and your network connection. It looks like you should include what time your accident happened too because I can see that being relevant for any snapshots KLab might have taken of your account. Don't give up, be persistent

ReidRansom posted:

And I finally was able to FC Wild Stars today after work, but just when I want to get started on Love & Peace, Susume->Tomorrow shows up. It may not be quite as hard as first try seemed, but it nearly did me in. If I didn't have a couple of healers I probably would have failed it. Feel like I should work on that one since it goes away first, but ehh...

I'm not sure on this but Susume->Tomorrow EX seems to be the first 10-star song. My first try, I was hanging around 6 or 7 stamina by the end and afraid to blink. It's got a little bit of everything, from slightly offset sixteenth-notes that look a lot like dual taps, to thumb workout scales and other things I don't remember because it all blows by so fast.

finalcake
Oct 5, 2002

CHESTO~!!
Thanks for the info. A friend of mine thankfully told me my ID#, which was what I needed the most for the e-mail. And when I said "their official site" I mean it wouldn't redirect me to their e-mail but I just sent it through gmail anyway. They were surprisingly quick with their initial response, now it's time to wait if they're able to send me a transfer code. Hope it won't take too long, though I heard it could take either a few days or two weeks.

AG3
Feb 4, 2004

Oven Wrangler

It's ok to cry now, right? No one will think less of me for crying at this point, will they? :suicide:

finalcake
Oct 5, 2002

CHESTO~!!

AG3 posted:

It's ok to cry now, right? No one will think less of me for crying at this point, will they? :suicide:

It's okay, I can't judge.

Sidesaddle Cavalry
Mar 15, 2013

Oh Boy Desert Map
I loved it when I thought I had managed to get the full combo for that song, but forgot to hit the last dual-tap at the end.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Aku posted:

It's okay, I can't judge.

Oh hey, I had one of those last night.

e: so as not to double post

and 20 fewer attempts than Wild Stars at that. but now it's either remove the off color perfect locks and try for a higher score, or move on to Susume->Tomorrow, which frankly has me a bit worried what with an event ongoing. I'm definitely going to miss some tokens on that one. OK so it wasn't as bad the second time but it's still dang tough

ReidRansom fucked around with this message at 23:35 on Oct 21, 2014

Sidesaddle Cavalry
Mar 15, 2013

Oh Boy Desert Map
Wow, not clenching my phone so hard in Susume Tomorrow Expert is making a big difference for me. Makes it much harder to lock myself up in scales (should have tried this in Kitto Seishun :argh:) and as an added bonus, I sweat on my phone less!

gyrobot
Nov 16, 2011

Chill la Chill posted:

It means "Very Good/Good" as it rolls off the Japanese tongue pretty well.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Saving all my tokens this time for EX version now I've got a comfortably high score on hard. Cutie Panther EX looks pretty fun. Still not much progress on Susume though. 39 attempts in and all I've managed is B combo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

When do new normals typically get introduced in the circuit? And are we ever going to get new rare cards? I'm sitting on a 12k pile of friend points from all the recent EXs and hard and I don't think there's much point to them anymore other than new normals.

• Locked thread