Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rookersh
Aug 19, 2010
:suicide:

Do Wilhelm and Athena look more viable for NG+ stuff then Axton was? I was the keystone of my team in BL1 with Roland ( because he was absurdly broken and far more powerful then Lilith thanks to stacking reload/damage buffs ), but ended up having to call in goon help on the final boss for Axton, because his skills/tree barely worked together.

I'm thinking of grabbing this game, but want to make sure the class I'll choose won't be useless come endgame again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Random Asshole
Nov 8, 2010

Can you really not grind stuff from the Golden Loot Chest? 'Cause that takes all the enthusiasm I had for the grinder and flushes it right down the toilet. Goddamn, they REALLY don't want people getting Legendaries except as one-ten-thousanth-of-1% drops, do they?

Rookersh posted:

Do Wilhelm and Athena look more viable for NG+ stuff then Axton was? I was the keystone of my team in BL1 with Roland ( because he was absurdly broken and far more powerful then Lilith thanks to stacking reload/damage buffs ), but ended up having to call in goon help on the final boss for Axton, because his skills/tree barely worked together.

I'm thinking of grabbing this game, but want to make sure the class I'll choose won't be useless come endgame again.

Athena, definitely. Wilhelm... not so sure.

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

Rookersh posted:

Definitely Athena. I can't envision a character whose special power is becoming INVULNERABLE going obsolete, especially when her OTHER power is whipping up elemental storms like crazy.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Oh my god Davis Pickle is so goddamn annoying to have to listen to. I almost regret starting over as Claptrap because I'm gonna have to deal with him again.

I'm gonna say that again for emphasis. I regret starting over as Claptrap, not because of Claptrap, but because of a character that is more annoying than Claptrap. Claptrap isn't even that bad in this game!

Linear Zoetrope
Nov 28, 2011

A hero must cook
I'm having fun with Wilhelm, but so far his active feels a bit sad. It's like a gimped version of DT. Wolf can definitely do some damage and run interference. Saint, however... If you spec heavily in the right tree Saint may work better. But at the moment it doesn't help much.

E: Saint may have been better if it turned your health into Armor or something instead of a regen buff.

Wilhelm may be viable endgame, but it will probably be in spite of his active.

Metrohunter
Sep 30, 2009

Ain't no thing like me, 'cept me.
I managed to hit 250 stacks of maelstrom during the final boss. I didn't have more than a few points in the tree at the time since I went all-shield whilst levelling, but I took a look at the tree and at that many stacks you're getting 25% total shield regen per second, doubled elemental damage, +75% firing rate, double weapon swap speed and 55% chance of any shots you make not costing ammo. And that's on top of all your other skills, class mod, shield, other benefits and your totally awesome invulnerability shield. I don't imagine she'll have too much trouble fitting in at the end game.

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy
I'm getting "The Steam servers are too busy to handle your request for Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel. Error Code (26)

Now, granted, this might be from me being on Windows 10 preview, but all the other games I've loaded so far have worked. Any ideas?

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

Jesus, Felicity Rampant is so much bullshit. It keeps knocking me back into corners, trapping me there, then buttstomping me to death while I'm unable to move.

Metal Meltdown
Mar 27, 2010

Zero VGS posted:

I'm getting "The Steam servers are too busy to handle your request for Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel. Error Code (26)

Now, granted, this might be from me being on Windows 10 preview, but all the other games I've loaded so far have worked. Any ideas?

I'm also eating this error. It's unusual because my roommate loaded up the game just fine.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

Rookersh posted:

Axton's totally viable for NG+ poo poo, what are you talking about? I ought to slap you. His turret is always crap when dealing with any sort of enemy that is immune except for a specific "weak point" (I.E. the final boss, like you're saying) because it's too stupid to figure that out, but that was hardly an issue throughout the game. And the final boss basically crumbles under an Axton with some investments in :torgue:, turret or no.

Jsor posted:

I'm having fun with Wilhelm, but so far his active feels a bit sad. It's like a gimped version of DT. Wolf can definitely do some damage and run interference. Saint, however... If you spec heavily in the right tree Saint may work better. But at the moment it doesn't help much.

E: Saint may have been better if it turned your health into Armor or something instead of a regen buff.

Wilhelm may be viable endgame, but it will probably be in spite of his active.

Which is weird for me to read, because I'm bouncing between Gaige and Wilhelm and Wilhelm's Wolf definitely seems to be killing more poo poo than DT ever did (until I gave DT "Robot Rampage").

Cream-of-Plenty fucked around with this message at 05:27 on Oct 15, 2014

Random Asshole
Nov 8, 2010

Does anyone have another source for the profile editor? The one posted earlier in the thread is blocked now, and I wasted five loving golden keys to get grinder fodder before finding out that Gold Loot Chest weapons can't be ground.

Random Asshole fucked around with this message at 05:24 on Oct 15, 2014

Linear Zoetrope
Nov 28, 2011

A hero must cook
I think my moonstone is being eaten by a tiny fairy in my pockets. I swear I had like 40 and then once I got to town it said I had 15.

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
Lipstick Apathy

Metal Meltdown posted:

I'm also eating this error. It's unusual because my roommate loaded up the game just fine.

Are you on Win 10 or just something normal? I've tried rebooting, switching to Steam Beta Client, deleting registry blob, nothing working so far.

Shardix
Sep 14, 2011

Don't have a fire cow, man

Random rear end in a top hat posted:

Does anyone have another source for the profile editor? The one posted earlier in the thread is blocked now, and I wasted five loving golden keys to get grinder fodder before finding out that Gold Loot Chest weapons can't be ground.

http://modsreloaded.com/profile-editor

The golden key/unlock customization functions gave me no trouble.

Rookersh
Aug 19, 2010

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

Axton's totally viable for NG+ poo poo, what are you talking about? I ought to slap you. His turret is always crap when dealing with any sort of enemy that is immune except for a specific "weak point" (I.E. the final boss, like you're saying), but that was hardly an issue.

This was at release, and apparently changed, but all his damage/reload buffs didn't stack properly, and they only applied to specific weapon types. Since I never found a single Assault Rifle in my playthrough of Borderlands 2 ( or anything higher then a green really, and almost all pistols/shotguns ), I was forced to use the turret. Which then didn't work on the final boss.

Needless to say I put the game down and never went back because of it.

Again, all that stuff got fixed later on, but by the time it did I stopped caring. I don't want to make the same mistake in PreSequel if I do end up picking it up.

{ I also might totally be hating on Axton for not being as good as Roland. Roland was broken as loving hell. I soloed every single bit of content in that game without any problems, levels below the recommended because he just was busted as hell. Playing with friends they let me be pointman because gently caress it, I could do everything. Then along came Borderlands 2 and I always felt like I was lagging behind/never getting the gear I needed to compete with Maya/Salvador's actives. )

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Jsor posted:

I think my moonstone is being eaten by a tiny fairy in my pockets. I swear I had like 40 and then once I got to town it said I had 15.

You used it on a moonstone chest without realizing it. There's no confirmation prompt for moonstone-only loot chests.

Rookersh posted:

Since I never found a single Assault Rifle in my playthrough of Borderlands 2 ( or anything higher then a green really, and almost all pistols/shotguns ), I was forced to use the turret. Which then didn't work on the final boss.

Needless to say I put the game down and never went back because of it.

You either got incredibly improbably unlucky or you're lying. Even so you don't need blue/purple weapons to beat BL2 or really even make it easier on the first playthrough. They're just extra help. :shrug:

CJacobs fucked around with this message at 05:35 on Oct 15, 2014

RonMexicosPitbull
Feb 28, 2012

by Ralp
Wilhelm's Saint can definitely use a buff. But Wolf murders the poo poo out of people and I haven't put any upgrades on that tree.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice
I can't hate this game because it allowed me to slam and jam before Barkley 2 is released.

Metal Meltdown
Mar 27, 2010

Zero VGS posted:

Are you on Win 10 or just something normal? I've tried rebooting, switching to Steam Beta Client, deleting registry blob, nothing working so far.

I'm on 7 and have also had no luck. It might actually be on their end.

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005
This is, sadly, more important to me than bettering myself.

Genocyber posted:

I checked on IMDB, and I realize why I recognize Wilhelm's voice.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VNoITwTJiEM
Kind of surprised you thought of anime, his 'Critical Hit!' dialogue sounds exactly like Krieg (or foreshadows that he's the conscience, or 'Saint' speaking internally in Krieg)

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
Lipstick Apathy

Metal Meltdown posted:

I'm on 7 and have also had no luck. It might actually be on their end.

Yeah I even put myself on the DMZ and rebooted again and still nothing.

Edit: Bitching at Gaben thread has appeared on Google: http://steamcommunity.com/discussions/forum/1/619568708428077013/

Edit 2: I remember I reserved Borderlands 2 on Steam and the launch was like 4 hours late because Gaben was still eating second lunch. Push the button you gently caress!

Zero VGS fucked around with this message at 05:57 on Oct 15, 2014

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Father Wendigo posted:

Kind of surprised you thought of anime, his 'Critical Hit!' dialogue sounds exactly like Krieg (or foreshadows that he's the conscience, or 'Saint' speaking internally in Krieg)

? I thought of him because they have the same voice actor, Brian Massey. He does not voice Krieg.

Kilonum
Sep 30, 2002

You know where you are? You're in the suburbs, baby. You're gonna drive.

CJacobs posted:

Oh my god Davis Pickle is so goddamn annoying to have to listen to. I almost regret starting over as Claptrap because I'm gonna have to deal with him again.

I'm gonna say that again for emphasis. I regret starting over as Claptrap, not because of Claptrap, but because of a character that is more annoying than Claptrap. Claptrap isn't even that bad in this game!

Yeah I am doing Claptrap as my first playthrough and he's been legitimately funny at times.

Got the game (including the preorder bonus) for free just by going to the Gearbox panel at PAX East (or rather, being backstage moderating the chat for the Twitch stream of said panel), and I've been enjoying it so far.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Kilonum posted:

Yeah I am doing Claptrap as my first playthrough and he's been legitimately funny at times.

It seems to me like they've taken a step back toward BL1 when it comes to Claptrap in this game, which is a good thing. I think his character is more like BL1 Claptrap, where the humor surrounding him was the fact that he is annoying in an endearing way based on his (pre-programmed) naive optimism, instead of "lol I'm so random everyone hates me I'm gonna scream really shrill-ly now for no reason".

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

CJacobs posted:

You used it on a moonstone chest without realizing it. There's no confirmation prompt for moonstone-only loot chests.

I was just about to post this. I had no idea that the greenish blue chests took eridium moonstone...and a lot of it, from the looks of things. I think it just gobbled up maybe 25 moonstone, though I can't say for certain.

HAmbONE
May 11, 2004

I know where the XBox is!!
Smellrose
Got a taste.

A TASTE

I will not play Borderlands "3" again until Friday after Midterms. :eng99:

Elderbean
Jun 10, 2013

Metal Meltdown posted:

Ugh, I'm getting the same error.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
So Gearbox must have hosed something up.

I installed the game last night, The .EXE for BorderlandsPreSequel was 32,580 KB last night.

My friend just installed it an hour ago and was getting that same error, his .exe was 32,576 KB. I just did a Force Verification and Stream updated and re-dled the .exe for me and I now have 32,576 KB with the same error.

Fortunately, I made a backup of the exe from last night's installation before I ran Verify Cache and it works again :toot:

E: Everythign appears to be fixed now

Xaris fucked around with this message at 06:38 on Oct 15, 2014

Doodles
Apr 14, 2001
So I've completed the game and.... :psypop:

Borderlands 3: WAR IS COMING

:torgue:

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

So the ceiling in the Meriff's office isn't solid. This isn't the first time I've seen this happen in the game either, they apparently had a real problem patching up holes in the geometry in this one. :geno:

Elderbean
Jun 10, 2013

Xaris posted:

So Gearbox must have hosed something up.

I installed the game last night, The .EXE for BorderlandsPreSequel was 32,580 KB last night.

My friend just installed it an hour ago and was getting that same error, his .exe was 32,576 KB. I just did a Force Verification and Stream updated and re-dled the .exe for me and I now have 32,576 KB with the same error.

Fortunately, I made a backup of the exe from last night's installation before I ran Verify Cache and it works again :toot:

E: Everythign appears to be fixed now

This totally worked! Thank you!

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Metrohunter posted:

Just saw the ending, is it me or does it seem like they're heavily foreshadowing an MMO? Shittons of planets with vaults, a war with an unknown faction and "You'll need as many vault hunters as you can get" sure seems like an ideal setup if they're going to take the series in that direction.

Hang on the ending, preludes to the fact that this is still a BL2 game and it basically going to have to be like destiny for the next one comes as a surprise to you? This is like a last game gen of course they are going to have to copy destiny always multiplayer.

PS: never played destiny.

Tenzarin fucked around with this message at 07:12 on Oct 15, 2014

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007

Tenzarin posted:

Hang on the ending, preludes to the fact that this is still a BL2 game and it basically going to have to be like destiny for the next one comes as a surprise to you? This is like a last game gen of course they are going to have to copy destiny always multiplayer.

The gently caress you just say

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

Tenzarin posted:

What does this even mean

Metal Meltdown
Mar 27, 2010

Looks like it was on steams end as the issue with error 26 cleared up.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
I'm taking a guess that you learn nothing new if you played BL2, maybe a very small bit. And that the ending just preludes to a always online like destiny true sequel. AKA borderlands on the name of the game, grab some more money. AKA BL2 glorified expansion, not a new game. Enjoying the game so far myself.

Tenzarin fucked around with this message at 07:23 on Oct 15, 2014

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde
Wasn't BorderWorlds trademarked shortly after BL2 came out?

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

(Basically me with the ZX-1 laser gun)

Bugsy posted:

Wasn't BorderWorlds trademarked shortly after BL2 came out?

Late 2009, I think. So a couple of years before BL2.

EDIT: Whoops, apparently it filed was back in 2007.

Cream-of-Plenty fucked around with this message at 07:39 on Oct 15, 2014

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

(Basically me with the ZX-1 laser gun)

WHY USE LASERS WHEN YOU CAN HAVE EXPLOSIONS?!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

GAYMIEN SANDOW posted:

WHY USE LASERS WHEN YOU CAN HAVE EXPLOSIONS?!

Can you imagine?

I know I'd love to live in such a world.

• Locked thread