Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Propagandist
Oct 23, 2007

CLAM DOWN posted:

I did :( Made sure of that actually. Might be something specific to my account that's messed up.

Does it work on another stack of spoons? That might nail down if it's an issue with the item stack or your character/account. Maybe sell/buyback if you can?

Disclaimer: I have no idea what I'm talking about.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Propagandist posted:

Does it work on another stack of spoons? That might nail down if it's an issue with the item stack or your character/account. Maybe sell/buyback if you can?

Disclaimer: I have no idea what I'm talking about.

I don't have very spoons because I am unlucky as all goddamn hell, but I will try the sell/buyback trick!

Tintifax
Aug 16, 2012

CLAM DOWN posted:

I posted about this on the official forums, but is this happening to anyone else?

https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/support/bugs/Rightclicking-on-spoon-causes-error-and-crash/first#post4486557

code:
*--> Crash <--*
Assertion: Unbound collectible item in non-locked set: (67195)
File: ..\..\..\Game\Ui\Widgets\Inventory\InvItemSlot.cpp(599)
App: Gw2.exe
Pid: 90248
Cmdline:
BaseAddr: 01270000
ProgramId: 101
Build: 39660
When: 2014-10-14T18:45:02Z 2014-10-14T11:45:02-07:00
Uptime:   0 days  0:31:44
Flags: 0
This happens when I right click on a spoon in my personal/account bank. If I withdraw the spoon then right click in my bag, same error. This has been reproducible every time, on the siege commander and fractal spoons I had in my bank.

There is no spoon.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Tintifax posted:

There is no spoon.

Oh my god :psyduck:

snograt
Jul 18, 2013

rattus rattus
senile old twattus
The spoon is worried that it's going to be used to eat a butter mountain.

Gourd of Taste
Sep 11, 2006

by Ralp
I've done ninety fractals and still don't have the goddamn spoon. I have all the other spoons. I have every other thing.

I don't even want the prize anymore, I just want the spoon

Please

ItBurns
Jul 24, 2007

Gourd of Taste posted:

I've done ninety fractals and still don't have the goddamn spoon. I have all the other spoons. I have every other thing.

Please

Fractals are their own reward.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

ItBurns posted:

Fractals are their own reward.

Ave Fractalus!!

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Gourd of Taste posted:

Please

I do a single fractal every like month or 2 and I got it today :)

e: Happy Halloween from Treesus and Destiny's Edge 1.0!

CLAM DOWN fucked around with this message at 02:12 on Oct 15, 2014

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

So I played a game in Foefire earlier today that we narrowly won. Largely due to the fact that when both teams decided the best course of action would be charging the opposition's Guild Lord I decapped the enemy's points so that we obtained a three-cap. This was apparently not good enough to a thief on my team that I was promptly tossed into a second match with. We had some friendly pre-match banter.

Guild chat preserved for a sense of timing. After I flipped through all my titles he had nothing further to say to me, though succeeded in blaming our other three teammates for the following loss.

This evening I ran across my friend Payan again, on the opposing team. He tried quite a few times to kill me and take mid away but he never succeeded. Poor Payan! His team lost the match, and I whispered him to make sure he knew there were no hard feelings.

He didn't reply. So rude. :(

And that's my evening's gloating out of the way thanks for listening~

BombermanX
Jan 13, 2011

I'm afraid of other people's opinions when they differ from my own. Please do not hurt my feelings.

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

You have to seduce them first, bird. Learn from my erp session I posted a few pages back.

ItBurns
Jul 24, 2007

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

So I played a game in Foefire earlier today that we narrowly won. Largely due to the fact that when both teams decided the best course of action would be charging the opposition's Guild Lord I decapped the enemy's points so that we obtained a three-cap. This was apparently not good enough to a thief on my team that I was promptly tossed into a second match with. We had some friendly pre-match banter.

Guild chat preserved for a sense of timing. After I flipped through all my titles he had nothing further to say to me, though succeeded in blaming our other three teammates for the following loss.

This evening I ran across my friend Payan again, on the opposing team. He tried quite a few times to kill me and take mid away but he never succeeded. Poor Payan! His team lost the match, and I whispered him to make sure he knew there were no hard feelings.

It's not hard to grind the titles out. Like everything else, all it takes is time.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

ItBurns posted:

It's not hard to grind the titles out. Like everything else, all it takes is time.

Yes exactly, he was snootily suggesting I'm new to PvP :sun:

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

Yes exactly, he was snootily suggesting I'm new to PvP :sun:

But why did he bitch at you in the first place?

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Probably because I stayed behind to decap points instead of charging the lord with the rest of them.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

I bugged out in Arah story earlier and looked pretty funny on the airship.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Who is the goon who uses the guardian Cider Tree? I require your tutelage.

Also there is a goon that literally cannot see the red circles dropped by enemies, has anyone had this problem, if so how do you fix it?

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Alteisen posted:

Also there is a goon that literally cannot see the red circles dropped by enemies, has anyone had this problem, if so how do you fix it?

I am genuinely not trolling or trying to be rude here, but are they colorblind? The circles are red so that absolutely could be why.

Thunderbro
Sep 1, 2008

Alteisen posted:

Who is the goon who uses the guardian Cider Tree? I require your tutelage.

If you toggle the setting that turns off the obscene amount of friendly AoE spam covering the mean red circles, it also toggles the red circles that actually let you see mechanics! What a great setting!

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

Why walk when you can ride?

CLAM DOWN posted:

I am genuinely not trolling or trying to be rude here, but are they colorblind? The circles are red so that absolutely could be why.

This is my new excuse

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

CLAM DOWN posted:

Other goons say it might be a video card issue, she can't see ANY circle, even the ones allies drop.

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

It was just fixed, they had the disable red circles option checked!

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Xun posted:

Welp! Glad I was wrong.

Thunderbro
Sep 1, 2008

Xun posted:

I'm really curious whether this is just a bug or an intended design option that trying to lower visual noise stops you from being able to see boss mechanics.

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

Thunderbro posted:

I'm really curious whether this is just a bug or an intended design option that trying to lower visual noise stops you from being able to see boss mechanics.

I think the option is supposed to be used for filming/screenshots, its literally a check box to turn off all circles :shrug:

Captain Candiru
Nov 9, 2006

These hips don't lye
When you're colorblind it's not like red becomes invisible.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Captain Candiru posted:

When you're colorblind it's not like red becomes invisible.

I realize that, it could make the enemy and friendly circles look the same or similar. Was just a suggestion, issues like that happen in a lot of games.

vvvvvv e: There have been a lot of threads on the official forums about it being a problem, that's mainly where I got it from. Was just a friendly suggestion and that wasn't it, so my apologies.

CLAM DOWN fucked around with this message at 07:00 on Oct 15, 2014

Sekkira
Apr 11, 2008

I Don't Get It,
I Don't Get It,

I was under the impression red/green colourblindness, being the most common, wouldn't have an effect there either. The friendly circles are usually white.

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE

Dorkopotamis posted:

"nightmare sex worker"

:homebrew:

Also I now have the spooky skeleton mini and it owns bones.

Pedestrian Xing
Jul 19, 2007

Thunderbro posted:

It seems like they've slowly been replacing the standard red outline circles for bosses with the bright orange indicators, which are way easier to see and tell from normal aoe spam.

Hefty
Jun 11, 2008

Anyone know what the mini quaggan with the ghost costume is from (and more importantly if it's coming back)? It's adorable.

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

Why walk when you can ride?

Sekkira posted:

I was under the impression red/green colourblindness, being the most common, wouldn't have an effect there either. The friendly circles are usually white.

Hey screw you I have a perfectly good excuse for sucking and you have to go ruin it with pedantry

Forsythia
Jan 28, 2007

You want bad advice?

Anything is okay if you don't get caught!

... I hope this helps!

Hefty posted:

Anyone know what the mini quaggan with the ghost costume is from (and more importantly if it's coming back)? It's adorable.

It was from a Halloween mini pack from last year. Since most of the old gem store Halloween items are coming back, I'd stay optimistic.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.
I was having trouble doing something incredibly boring on my other monitor in order to focus on episodes on Netflix, so I just started updating again to play for the first time in several months! Last time was in spring after the major feature pack then. I'm looking over the September Feature Pack stuff right now, but aside from that and the season 2 living story (lol) is there anything major I missed?

I see the combat log got an overhaul, is it usable now? The worst part of spvp for me was being utterly clueless as to what killed me, and moreso what was killing me DURING a fight.

Double Monocle
Sep 4, 2008

Smug as fuck.

Minrad posted:

combat log useable?

Very. Every time you take damage or deal damage it will tell you the source, ability, and if it crit, ect.

The new combat log is pretty much everything you could want for your "HOW THE gently caress DID HE KILL ME" moments.

Conditions merely say "was delt X damage from bleeding" though, but its still helpful.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.
Awesome. Am I not remembering correctly or did yall move to a new offsite for authentication?

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
Op.

jaegerx
Sep 10, 2012

Maybe this post will get me on your ignore list!

Is it updated?

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE

jaegerx posted:

Is it updated?

No.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011