Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?

Macaluso posted:

Gamergaters are literally calling in bomb threats and mass murder threats to like every event she speaks at or panel she's a part of. Don't worry though:

Whew

@assclit

E: Ebola! A potential Ebola vaccine is being tested in parts of North America to make sure it's safe before it gets used en masse in Africa. Just about every news story on Ebola will have one or two "government invented disease to kill us all" nutters, but now that there's maybe a vaccine, we also get the "government invented vaccine that will kill us all to stop the government invented disease that will kill us all, which will kill us all anyway because the vaccine killed us already so we get DOUBLE EBOLA!"

Or as I unfortunately now have call it, Survival Class.

HackensackBackpack has a new favorite as of 06:03 on Oct 15, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Hey everyone! 50s Tim's here to educate you.

Women are stealing are jerbs! WOMEN ARE LITERALLY STEALING OUR JOBS AND ARE THE SOLE BLAME FOR UNEMPLOYMENT RATES and without June Cleaver moms at home 24/7, our kids are all criminals or worse... Democrats.

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.

Picnic Princess posted:

Women are stealing are jerbs! WOMEN ARE LITERALLY STEALING OUR JOBS AND ARE THE SOLE BLAME FOR UNEMPLOYMENT RATES and without June Cleaver moms at home 24/7, our kids are all criminals or worse... Democrats.

I'd love to see overweight 55 year old male blue collar workers take over all the vacant beautician, waitress and pole dancer* jobs left vacant after every single woman leaves the workforce

(*not that these are the only jobs women do obviously)

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice
Mammas Don't Let Your Babies Grow Up to Be Democrats

Stottie Kyek
Apr 26, 2008

fuckin egg in a bun

Fatkraken posted:

I'd love to see overweight 55 year old male blue collar workers take over all the vacant beautician, waitress and pole dancer* jobs left vacant after every single woman leaves the workforce

(*not that these are the only jobs women do obviously)

That'd be sweet, we could all get married and blow our husbands' money on fat old blue-collar man pole dancers! :j: Then we could all go around yelling poo poo at random dudes on the street, like "hey bitch if you don't want our attention don't wear those plaid shirts and overalls, you look like a stripper". Then Tim'd want us all to get jobs to stop us causing trouble.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!
Oh boy! A video on "rape culture" vs. "real rape". Hopefully it's a break down of how in "rape culture" the lack respect for getting consent for things like minor physical contact, harassing and explicit language (catcalling), and not respecting a woman's declination when you try to hit on her (I know you want it) leads to situations where rape is more likely such as date rape at a party.

"Now I know I'm not allowed to have an opinion on this cause I'm a man..."

oh :sigh:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b8b38mV6sio

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Crain posted:

Oh boy! A video on "rape culture" vs. "real rape". Hopefully it's a break down of how in "rape culture" the lack respect for getting consent for things like minor physical contact, harassing and explicit language (catcalling), and not respecting a woman's declination when you try to hit on her (I know you want it) leads to situations where rape is more likely such as date rape at a party.

So do you think he's intentionally looking like a creep in the thumbnail, or is that natural?

dijon du jour
Mar 27, 2013

I'm shy

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

So do you think he's intentionally looking like a creep in the thumbnail, or is that natural?

"Are all men rapists?" His mouth says "no" but his eyes say "yes".

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

It's 4 minutes of him saying "Well in this one case that I found that involved a semi-famous person it was their fault cause they didn't fight back hard enough and didn't say "no". So it's not rape, just don't be a drunken whore".

So the answer to "Wonder why I can't have an opinion on women's issues" seems to be because he had terrible demeaning opinions.

Problem!
Jan 1, 2007

I am the queen of France.

Picnic Princess posted:

Every person I know who never had their mom go back to work when they were kids were useless people as adults because they were used to mommy doing everything for them and they suddenly didn't have mommy to nag them about deadlines and do their laundry and cook dinner for them for the first time ever when they finally moved out, with predictable results.

Question Mark Mound
Jun 14, 2006

Tokyo Crystal Mew
Dancing Godzilla

Aquatic Giraffe posted:

Every person I know who never had their mom go back to work when they were kids were useless people as adults because they were used to mommy doing everything for them and they suddenly didn't have mommy to nag them about deadlines and do their laundry and cook dinner for them for the first time ever when they finally moved out, with predictable results.
Can confirm. My mum never went to work after having me and my brother and I can't cook for poo poo.

MyFaceBeHi
Apr 9, 2008

I was popular, once.

I'm sure I saw something like this 3 or 4 years ago. Surely that "teacher" has proved a point by now if it is that old!

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

That comment is fake, nothing travels to Malaysia in one piece.

I Killed GBS
Jun 2, 2011

by Lowtax

Aquatic Giraffe posted:

I had a single mom with a full-time job, and I still ended up as a useless person. There are many factors involved, Sigmund.

cage-free egghead
Mar 8, 2004

Crain posted:

https://www.reddit.com/r/videos/comments/2ja3ej/real_rape_vs_rape_culture/cl9uaik

Basically people arguing about what is worse than rape, many trying to justify that it's not a form of torture.

quote:

[–]LeadingPretender -15 points 7 hours ago
Rape is used as a form of torture though.

quote:

[–]redditkilledmydoge 5 points 6 hours ago
Rape can be a form of torture if the motive is to inflict pain as a punishment. It can also be used to make the victim give consent.

:aaa:

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Small Frozen Thing posted:

I had a single mom with a full-time job, and I still ended up as a useless person. There are many factors involved, Sigmund.

This, took me years to almost get it right, and I still am pretty bad at poo poo when I am single.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

Lblitzer posted:

https://www.reddit.com/r/videos/comments/2ja3ej/real_rape_vs_rape_culture/cl9uaik

Basically people arguing about what is worse than rape, many trying to justify that it's not a form of torture.

:aaa:

loving lol at the people insinuating that reddit will ignore this "insightful" video because it makes good points against SJW. As if reddit isn't a recruitment agency for bigots of all stripes.

quote:

Good video with valid points but it will go over on reddit like posting massacred puppies in /r/aww

CombatBonta-kun
Sep 22, 2003
Ehhhh?

People are coming back against this threat in a big way, expect poo poo to be going down.

Unfortunately when I look through the comments on the various places covering this, it seems to be split between people claiming that this is disgusting and the other half either claiming that this isn't related to "GamerGate" or that she is at fault and probably the one making the threats (because as someone posted, she has done this in the past). She could be dead with the killer standing over her with a bloody knife and #gamergate carved into his chest and people would still try and blame her for it.

Not censoring the name since it was off of a public article.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

CombatBonta-kun posted:

Unfortunately when I look through the comments on the various places covering this, it seems to be split between people claiming that this is disgusting and the other half either claiming that this isn't related to "GamerGate" or that she is at fault and probably the one making the threats (because as someone posted, she has done this in the past). She could be dead with the killer standing over her with a bloody knife and #gamergate carved into his chest and people would still try and blame her for it.

Not censoring the name since it was off of a public article.

I'm sure there's actual proof that she did any of that. I'm sure of it. I'm also sure it's bullshit.

old bean factory
Nov 18, 2006

Will ya close the fucking doors?!

Ratjaculation posted:

That comment is fake, nothing travels to Malaysia in one piece.

:drat:

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?

Crain posted:

I'm sure there's actual proof that she did any of that. I'm sure of it. I'm also sure it's bullshit.

Screencaps of things with rambling notes scribbled into the margins with MSPaint count as proof, right?

Cuniculous
Apr 23, 2007

kill people burn shit fuck school

As far as I can tell, he and his wife had been living with his inlaws. They got sick of being mooched off of, and kicked them out. He spent "all he had in the world" to move he and his wife to his moms trailer ($200). And now he's apparently so impoverished he must stoop to begging on Facebook for money. Neither of these people seem to have jobs (He's been alluding to the 'state job' for months how) ...they just sit around and play Minecraft and Facebook all day.

The thing that bugs me most is, the food. I've lived off $30 a month groceries before. It wasn't pretty, but it was food. I'd have done that again before stooping to facebook begging.

I wonder how many more days of this he's going to do. He stated a kickstarter to get a window AC unit once. It was hilarious.

old bean factory
Nov 18, 2006

Will ya close the fucking doors?!
Day loving four? He should provide some stretch goals. It's kinda sad that he has to beg in public like that instead of asking friends and family in person.

and lol

Cuniculous posted:

I wonder how many more days of this he's going to do. He stated a kickstarter to get a window AC unit once. It was hilarious.

Something something doobie vent hood.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster

Cuniculous posted:

Don't leave us in the dark here. How much did he ask for and did it get funded?

Cuniculous
Apr 23, 2007

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

Don't leave us in the dark here. How much did he ask for and did it get funded?

I've tried to find the post before, but it was sometime last year. He was asking for a $500 unit, I remember that much. I got mine for $30 on Craigslist.

But there's still a happy ending!

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

Cuniculous posted:

I've tried to find the post before, but it was sometime last year. He was asking for a $500 unit, I remember that much. I got mine for $30 on Craigslist.

But there's still a happy ending!

Hardware store I worked at sold a variety of window AC units for like 60-100 bucks. I'm hesitant to judge him too harshly, though, especially about the whole job thing. I've heard lots of times applying for a government job kinda leaves you in this hellish job limbo. Obviously I don't know a whole lot about the guy. Although he probably could do with less than 180 / month on food alone, even with 2 people. I was doing $50/month down by Orlando florida, and have been an avid Aldi fan ever since. Even though I don't need to do that anymore (their milk is still like a buck cheaper than everywhere else, though.)

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.
Working a minimum wage job should more than cover 180 bucks in monthly expenses. That's nearly my daily expense, and I'm certainly not wealthy.

Cuniculous
Apr 23, 2007

Neither one of them have a job. He gets contract work now and again, but as far as I know his wife does nothing. They're both "disabled".

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster

Leon Einstein posted:

Working a minimum wage job should more than cover 180 bucks in monthly expenses. That's nearly my daily expense, and I'm certainly not wealthy.

You average nearly $5,500 a month in daily expenses?

Cuniculous posted:

Neither one of them have a job. He gets contract work now and again, but as far as I know his wife does nothing. They're both "disabled".

What is their disability? And why aren't they trying to get on SSI disability if they are?

Cuniculous
Apr 23, 2007

She somehow got hurt in boot camp for the navy 10 years ago, and it makes it so she can't work :confused:
He has back problems that come from being obese and sedentary. He says his spines are collapsing.

Neither are on SSI because nether are really eligible for SSI. They've tried to get on, and failed.They blamed the republicans. As far as I know, neither have reapplied.

vxsarin
Oct 29, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT MY AP WIRE PHOTOS

Cuniculous posted:

She somehow got hurt in boot camp for the navy 10 years ago, and it makes it so she can't work :confused:
He has back problems that come from being obese and sedentary. He says his spines are collapsing.

if she got hurt in boot camp she'd be getting disability from the military.

Karasu Tengu
Feb 16, 2011

Humble Tengu Newspaper Reporter

Pukestain Pal posted:

if she got hurt in boot camp she'd be getting disability from the military.

Assuming they don't bullshit you and call it a pre-existing condition or tell you to deal with 1/2 separation pay.

vxsarin
Oct 29, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT MY AP WIRE PHOTOS

Elliotw2 posted:

Assuming they don't bullshit you and call it a pre-existing condition or tell you to deal with 1/2 separation pay.

yeah, that was basically my point.

Cuniculous
Apr 23, 2007

Honestly, SSI is easy, from my experience. When my doctor suggest I apply, I filled out the form and got my check three months later. But I have a very well documented 20 year medical record, including various tests, God knows how many types of therapy and medication, and hospital stays. They didn't even interview me, they just sent the money.

But if you're a blob who's never had an xray on his sore back, seen a doctor that wasn't at an ER, or seen a doctor and not done what the doctor suggested, of course you're going to be denied. I know the medical system in America is messed up, but you have to be proactive with your health and the SSI people.

It's probably much easier to sit around your moms house playing with LootCrate toys and begging on Facebook.

cage-free egghead
Mar 8, 2004

Cuniculous posted:

I forget if it was Radiolab or Freakanomics but one of them had an episode about how it's sometimes more reasonable for people to claim disability than unemployment or even a lovely minimum wage job. It's a really interesting take at that point of view.

Edit: I was wrong, it was This American Life
http://www.thisamericanlife.org/radio-archives/episode/490/transcript

quote:

There are these little pockets all over the country where like 20%, 25% of the people in a given county are on disability.

if you could prove to the Social Security Administration that your disability prevents you from holding down a job, the government will pay you money. The average people get is about $1,000 a month. And the government also covers your health care.

Every month 250,000 people want to be on the disability programs.

"part of the reason our unemployment rates have been low until recently is that a lot of people who would have trouble finding jobs are on a different program. They're on the disability insurance program"

David Autor says disability has become a sort of de facto welfare for people without a lot of education or job skills. Except it is the worst kind of welfare program

And it's not a great income, about $13,000 a year. But if your alternative is a minimum wage job that will pay you $15,000 a year-- a job you may or may not be able to get, may or may not be able to keep, that probably won't be full time, and very likely will not include health insurance-- disability may be a better option.

cage-free egghead has a new favorite as of 21:22 on Oct 15, 2014

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

You average nearly $5,500 a month in daily expenses?
My overall expenses are near 5k a month. That's my family's cost of living basically.

Edit: I thought that 180 was his monthly expenses. Oops!

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008

Leon Einstein posted:

My overall expenses are near 5k a month. That's my family's cost of living basically.

Edit: I thought that 180 was his monthly expenses. Oops!

Oh thank god, I thought we had someone who was going to make Three Olives humble brags look reasonable for a second.

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE
Sexism is over.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Tracula posted:

Sexism is over.

Here you go

Since you didn't hide their names I'm going to assume that you know those people? Or is it just a public page?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord

I thought I'd culled it all from my wall.

• Locked thread