Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
qirex
Feb 15, 2001

prefect posted:

it's not "the surface" or "a surface"?

I wonder if there's a bamboo steve jobs sculpture in the lobby of whatever building MS marketing is in

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

G-III
Mar 4, 2001

Cardboard Box A posted:

It took them long enough

http://www.theverge.com/2014/10/13/6968897/microsoft-teaching-nfl-sportscasters-that-a-surface-is-not-an-ipad

Microsoft's Surface is the "official tablet" of the NFL, and it's trying to make sure that sportscasters get the message. After it became clear that announcers may not know what the Surface was — with one announcer referring to it as an "iPad-like tool" — Microsoft has been working with broadcasters to make sure that mistake doesn't happen again. "It’s true, we have coached up a select few," Microsoft tells Business Insider. "That coaching will continue to ensure our partners are well equipped to discuss Surface when the camera pans to players using the device during games."

Also

http://liliputing.com/2014/10/acer-aspire-switch-12-2-1-tablet-intel-core-m-revealed.html

Jesus Christ, who the gently caress would even buy this?

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

i;m the st'nd'rd keyboard

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

the screen is facing the wrong loving way

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy

PleasureKevin posted:

the screen is facing the wrong loving way

no, the keyboard is

there, much better.

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

Dixie Cretin Seaman posted:

no, the keyboard is

there, much better.

it's like battleship except nothing you try will ever be a hit

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

flakeloaf posted:

I actually watched part of the battleship movie on tv last week, it was really bad

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

flakeloaf posted:

i;m the st'nd'rd keyboard

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

flakeloaf posted:

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

qirex posted:

I actually watched part of the battleship movie on tv last week, it was really bad
umm, according to ian "professor clumsy" maddison, you're wrong.

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

Sham bam bamina! posted:

umm, according to ian "professor clumsy" maddison, you're wrong.

there's a montage scene with old vets de-mothballing the USS Missouri set to "rock you like a hurricane"

also a guy literally drifts a battleship

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

qirex posted:

a guy literally drifts a battleship
in that case you're definitely wrong

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

qirex posted:

there's a montage scene with old vets de-mothballing the USS Missouri set to "rock you like a hurricane"

I think I need to see this movie

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

OK but all of this happens in a profoundly boring and stupid way if you want to get drunk and watch cheese then iron sky is on netflix

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

did ms die yet as foretold in the op

Metrication
Dec 12, 2010

Raskin had one problem: Jobs regarded him as an insufferable theorist or, to use Jobs's own more precise terminology, "a shithead who sucks".
they are trying their best

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

glad to hear it can we help

pram
Jun 10, 2001

qirex posted:

lol

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
battleships drift all the time if not tied down or anchored

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

qirex posted:

I heard a guy say "Surface Pro" during an NFL game

he was pointing out that one of the coaches hated them and had a guy taking actual photos and printing them into a binder like they used to use instead

sweet

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice

pram
Jun 10, 2001
lol

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice

pram
Jun 10, 2001
not anymore u dont

Phoenixan
Jan 16, 2010

Just Keep Cool-idge
none of this would have happened if you just disabled comments on all your videos you gently caress

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Phoenixan posted:

none of this would have happened if you just disabled comments on all your videos you gently caress

and give up on all the #engagement with the rich community of google plusers?

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

Phoenixan posted:

It is good to give the plebes something with which to distract from the atomiztion of their social order.

cremnob
Jun 30, 2010

Microsoft's attempt to make its Surface Pro 3 tablets an integral part of the NFL suffered another hiccup this week when Chicago Bears quarterback Jay Cutler was asked about using the devices.

According to Jon Greenberg of ESPN.com, while discussing the Bears win over the Atlanta Falcons, Cutler referred to the Surface tablets as "knockoff iPads" despite the immense amount of Surface branding seen on NFL sidelines.

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

cremnob posted:

Microsoft's attempt to make its Surface Pro 3 tablets an integral part of the NFL suffered another hiccup this week when Chicago Bears quarterback Jay Cutler was asked about using the devices.

According to Jon Greenberg of ESPN.com, while discussing the Bears win over the Atlanta Falcons, Cutler referred to the Surface tablets as "knockoff iPads" despite the immense amount of Surface branding seen on NFL sidelines.

santa is real!

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

cremnob posted:

:newlol:

Scott Forstall
Aug 16, 2003

MMM THAT FAUX LEATHER

cremnob posted:

owns

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
everything about this is fukken beautiful

microsoft decides that it would be a good idea to get product placement in the nfl's actual games and commentary as if people don't feel insulted enough when it happens in fictional shows and movies, nfl fans will just love them for this

microsoft actually gets the product placement somehow

everyone that they depend on to carry it out resents it and just shits all over it with impunity because microsoft already forked over the money and in the worst-case scenario some other sponsor will step up to replace them after this because it's the goddamn nfl

microsoft has no recourse :saddowns:

Sham bam bamina! fucked around with this message at 12:03 on Oct 15, 2014

qntm
Jun 17, 2009
that's actually really sad

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010
less sad when you realize how obviously futile it is. the ipad brand dominates the tablet market so thoroughly that "ipad" is already a synonym for "good tablet", and had been out for over two years by the time win8 came out. microsoft's big tablet push was waaaaay too late. they might be able to get a few people to buy their tablets since win8 can fill some stupid weird edge cases, but you can't overturn that kind of branding dominance just by shoveling giant piles of marketing money at it. they ought to have learned that lesson from the zune

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

cremnob posted:

lmao, dear lord

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

cremnob posted:

Jay Cutler owns

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

Main Paineframe posted:

microsoft's big tablet push was waaaaay too late
msft has been producing and promoting tablets since 1991. here is billy gates with a message for you from 2002:

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

DEHUMANIZE  YOURSELF  &  FACE  TO  BLACULA
here's jay cutler with a message for bill

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sapozhnik
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost

FMguru posted:

msft has been producing and promoting tablets since 1991. here is billy gates with a message for you from 2002:

yeah remember that time BillG personally deep-sixed the MS Courier because it didn't run Windows?

good times :xd: when i grow up i want to be a captain of industry like billiam ~*~brand synergy~*~ gates

• Locked thread