Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 18 days!

Head Hit Keyboard posted:

This is a bug caused by mucking with skill up rates by any means other than the uncapper. I found this out when I was mucking around with SkyTweak.

Figured it was SkyTweak's doing, dang :argh:

CRAAAAAB PEOPLE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Do you think this is funny?
So uh. What's everyone think of this?

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/videos/734/

A teaser video for a planned DLC-like mod that actually contains nothing but the staff roll, presumably because these BIG NAMES should get you pumped up on their own. apollodown is apparently the lead writer. :psyduck:

GunnerJ fucked around with this message at 03:33 on Oct 15, 2014

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
:nexus::nexus::nexus:

Red Mundus
Oct 22, 2010

GunnerJ posted:

A teaser video for a planned DLC-like mod that actually contains nothing but the staff roll, presumably because these BIG NAMES should get you pumped up on their own. apollodown is apparently the lead writer. :psyduck:

This is the equivalent of marketing a product by listing the ingredients labels.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

GunnerJ posted:

"Awake" features... ...an intriguing story written by guys with great minds and lore knowledge"

Oh my god, I can't believe they actually got "Guys"! And they have great minds and lore knowledge? Well that's all the proof I need. Oh wait, there's more?

"...dungeons from people that are great at doing dungeons and worldspace, bringing experience from mods like "Beyond Skyrim"

Experience from a mod that's nowhere near done and whose content can't be judged because there is none!

"...dialogue and NPCs crafted by the creators of mods like "Inconsequential NPCs" and "Guard Dialogue Overhaul"

Dialogue created by creators of bit part throwaway lines!

"...assets by people that earn their living as artists and work on PerMa"

Wow! Art by vaguely defined artists!

"or have otherwise enriched the modding landscape with their contributions ("Recurve Longbows", "Heavy Armory", ...)"

A handful of specific weapons!

"...stuff to kill created by guys who love creating stuff to kill ("Skyrim Immersive Creatures")" ...tons of hype inside our group. ^"

Guys! There's gonna be things you can kill! In a video game!

TONS OF HYPE

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

GunnerJ posted:

I'd like to point out that the original Dawnguard trailer contained nearly as little information.

Also, "look at all the other modders it takes to equal one TrainWiz! :smug:" (Wheels of Lull owns, TrainWiz owns hardcore.)

Finally, the Beyond Modding group? gently caress them. They're responsible for the aggressively disappointing Beyond Boulder Dome.

Seriously, BBD and Falskaar have given me an epiphany: you can churn out mediocre boring poo poo, but as long as there's a lot of it, people will gush over it.

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

Silly modders posted:

"Awake" is a DLC sized...
What is it with Skyrim modders calling their mods stuff like DLC sized, or claim that it's not a mod but unofficial DLC?
I don't think I've seen this before Skyrim. Is it a desperate attempt to appear "professional", or something?

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

Probably a symptom of expansions no longer happening. Dlc happens instead now.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

scamtank posted:

Probably the same one that makes >60fps refresh rates do poltergeist poo poo with physics objects.

That sounds like it makes sense. Physics is generally based on your dt (change in time) since the last refresh, so that if you lag, things still move in the game world the same amount. Though, I would expect it to occur at very low refresh rates. I know from experience that if something is moving very fast it can phase through solid objects simply by being displaced to the other side of them without the game even knowing it collided with anything, since the two objects never intersected.

Changing the rate at which your skills increase making you unable to buy skill training, on the other hand, seems like two only tangentially related things that shouldn't have any conflict with each other. I can't imagine how the system must be coded for a bug like that to be possible.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
i love the "we have people who know the lore!" bit and then they go on about the "lord" of worms.

its king of worms and god of worms, you lying fucks.

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Agents are GO! posted:

I'd like to point out that the original Dawnguard trailer contained nearly as little information.

Fair enough. However, DG did not have apollodown as lead writer I seriously cannot get over that, what the gently caress

quote:

Seriously, BBD and Falskaar have given me an epiphany: you can churn out mediocre boring poo poo, but as long as there's a lot of it, people will gush over it.

Is Falskaar really that bad? I could save myself a lot of headaches in patches by removing it from my never-ending load order accumulation process if it actually straight-up sucks.

Deaderinred posted:

i love the "we have people who know the lore!" bit and then they go on about the "lord" of worms.

its king of worms and god of worms, you lying fucks.

poo poo, they may have to get Arthmoor on board to resolve this mess in their favor.

GunnerJ fucked around with this message at 13:36 on Oct 15, 2014

Ass-Haggis
May 27, 2011

asproigerosis confirmed

GunnerJ posted:

Fair enough. However, DG did not have apollodown as lead writer I seriously cannot get over that, what the gently caress

Is Falskaar really that bad? I could save myself a lot of headaches in patches by removing it from my never-ending load order accumulation process if it actually straight-up sucks.

poo poo, they may have to get Arthmoor on board to resolve this mess in their favor.

Believe me, Falskaar is complete garbage, having done some time playing with it and it is just a constant stream of consistently textured and flavored poo poo coming down a conveyor line to your face. Just, just don't dude just don't.

EDIT: Play Wheels of Lull instead, it's fantastic. :allears:

Tzarnal
Dec 26, 2011

Hey, the SIC guys know how to make monsters. So at least the monsters will be solid ?

Kulkasha
Jan 15, 2010

But it was all right, everything was all right, the struggle was finished. He had won the victory over himself. He loved Likchenpa.

GunnerJ posted:

This is going to be high-quality work, judging by the flood of ellipses in that single paragraph.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

GunnerJ posted:

It's not horrible, it's just very, very... bland. Like, vanilla unmodified no-DLC Skyrim bland.

Ever Disappointing
May 4, 2004

How is that Khajit one, Moonpaths to Elswyr or something?

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Tir McDohl posted:

That ones actually pretty good, just be sure to grab the typo patch. Reminds me more of a Bioware game in terms of structure, but I had fun with it.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Tir McDohl posted:

It's very pretty but everything else about it is boring.

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Agents are GO! posted:

It's not horrible, it's just very, very... bland. Like, vanilla unmodified no-DLC Skyrim bland.

Oddly this kind of inclines me to give it a shot because I had a blast in vanilla unmodified no-DLC Skyrim when it first came out, and a lot of my modding efforts are about treating that as a canvas to apply new content or game mechanics onto. From this perspective Falskaar just extends the canvas. But maybe not, idk.

Any thoughts on Wyrmstooth, the "other" big DLC-like mod?

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

GunnerJ posted:

Oddly this kind of inclines me to give it a shot because I had a blast in vanilla unmodified no-DLC Skyrim when it first came out, and a lot of my modding efforts are about treating that as a canvas to apply new content or game mechanics onto. From this perspective Falskaar just extends the canvas. But maybe not, idk.

Any thoughts on Wyrmstooth, the "other" big DLC-like mod?

Wyrmstooth was surprisingly decent. The only. Thing I didn't like about it was that it forced several followers on you at points, and that the characterization of the Orc follower was more along the lines of traditional D&D orcs than Elder Scrolls orcs. The new worldspace and dungrons were nicely done, and there were a bunch of neat side quests.

The voice acting I'm both Moonpath and Wyrmstooth was fairly decent, with the exception of that Orc follower who sounded like a refugee from Warcraft II.

I played through all these Quest Mods as a part of adding support for them in my Improved ASIS INIs.

Also, going back to Moonpath for a second, I'd like to point out that you get to see both a Sload and a bunch of Imga, it was pretty neat to see them outside of background materials.

The final ones I've tried to try were the "Fight Against the Thalmor" series, and honestly, I took them out of my load order because the little bit I bothered with was poorly done (South Dragon Bridge, everyone was tagged as a follower and had no other dialogue) or just a massive battle with a note on one body telling me where to go to have another massive battle.

Burns
May 10, 2008

I had a lot of lighting problems with moonpath and i think it was phinix enb at that time. Basically each area was insanely dark. Also i didnt like the fact that they had to edit the falkreath inn to such a degree. Could have been done differently. Also a ton of daedric weapons everywhere didnt help. Overall i wasnt into it. Wyrmstooth on the other hand feels like a more natural extension of skyrim.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Burns posted:

I had a lot of lighting problems with moonpath and i think it was phinix enb at that time. Basically each area was insanely dark. Also i didnt like the fact that they had to edit the falkreath inn to such a degree. Could have been done differently. Also a ton of daedric weapons everywhere didnt help. Overall i wasnt into it. Wyrmstooth on the other hand feels like a more natural extension of skyrim.

I don't use ENBs other than ENBoost, and I only saw two Daedric daggers in my playthrough.

Red Mundus
Oct 22, 2010
What's a good combat overhaul mod? I've nuked my skyrim mods and starting over so I'm not sure if any new ones came out.

Also what are some decent weapon and armor mods? Immersive armors looks nice, but IIRC immersive weapons was kind of blah?

Agents are GO! posted:

I don't use ENBs other than ENBoost, and I only saw two Daedric daggers in my playthrough.

I basically gave up on ENB. I have never, ever seen something so poorly optimized in my life. I think that thing taxed my system more that Ryse at max settings did.

Burns
May 10, 2008

Agents are GO! posted:

I do not know if Moonpath was ever made compatible (or vice versa) with Morrowloot.

Edit: Well, I've encountered an issue. First I noticed it with the NPC that help retake his fort in the Rift and now Ive encountered it with Anska in High Gate Ruins. Neither of them have their spoken dialogue but I can still go through the conversation.

Burns fucked around with this message at 23:16 on Oct 15, 2014

Fake James
Aug 18, 2005

Y'all got any more of that plastic?
Buglord
Weird issue with the Hjerim TNF house mod.

I decided to switch back to the vanilla house layout, and even after following all the uninstall steps I discovered that all the wall plaques added by the vanilla armory furnishing pack are gone. The activators for placing your weapons are still there, but hitting them removes your item and nothing appears. It's as though they all got deleted. I tried older saves and the only one they appear again in are from wayyyy back, before I ever started the Blood on the Ice quest. Any idea on how to get stuff back? I didn't [markfordelete] anything, using the [df493.enable] command doesn't work, and pcib'ing all parts and using [enable] doesn't do anything either.

refID's for all the parts are:

0010291b (Right side of rack)
0010291a (Left side of rack)
00102915 (Iron Shield)
00102916 (Right Iron Great Sword)
00102917 (Left Iron Great Sword)
00102913 (Shield rack)

0010291 (top rack outside bedroom)
0010291 (bottom rack outside bedroom)
0010291 (bottom rack outside housecarl room)
000df581 (top rack outside housecarl room)

I guess I could just go back to using the TNF version but I strangely like the basic Hjerim.

Edit: Got things to appear by loading a save from last night, entering Hjerim, exiting to desktop, entering the game again and opening the autosave. I put things on the racks, quicksaved, and loaded up the most recent save game (where I first found plaques missing after uninstalling the mod). Upon then loading the quicksave file, the plaques were missing but items were floating there. So it seems to be some kind of script, but savetool finds nothing. I'm lost, but at least I know I have a somewhat recent save to revert to if all else fails...

Fake James fucked around with this message at 01:31 on Oct 16, 2014

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Geoff Zahn posted:

I decided to switch back to the vanilla house layout, and even after following all the uninstall steps I discovered that all the wall plaques added by the vanilla armory furnishing pack are gone. The activators for placing your weapons are still there, but hitting them removes your item and nothing appears. It's as though they all got deleted. I tried older saves and the only one they appear again in are from wayyyy back, before I ever started the Blood on the Ice quest. Any idea on how to get stuff back? I didn't [markfordelete] anything, using the [df493.enable] command doesn't work, and pcib'ing all parts and using [enable] doesn't do anything either.

refID's for all the parts are:

0010291b (Right side of rack)
0010291a (Left side of rack)
00102915 (Iron Shield)
00102916 (Right Iron Great Sword)
00102917 (Left Iron Great Sword)
00102913 (Shield rack)

0010291 (top rack outside bedroom)
0010291 (bottom rack outside bedroom)
0010291 (bottom rack outside housecarl room)
000df581 (top rack outside housecarl room)

I guess I could just go back to using the TNF version but I strangely like the basic Hjerim.

Edit: Got things to appear by loading a save from last night, entering Hjerim, exiting to desktop, entering the game again and opening the autosave. I put things on the racks, quicksaved, and loaded up the most recent save game (where I first found plaques missing after uninstalling the mod). Upon then loading the quicksave file, the plaques were missing but items were floating there. So it seems to be some kind of script, but savetool finds nothing. I'm lost, but at least I know I have a somewhat recent save to revert to if all else fails...

Sounds like they may have been moved as well as disabled. Try player.moveto df943 or whatev.

LtSmash
Dec 18, 2005

Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud we have become, and how blind.

-Sister Miriam Godwinson,
"We Must Dissent"

Geoff Zahn posted:

Looking at that mod's esp it both moves and disables the weaponracks but not by a script at least. This savegame cleaner claims to be able to clean saves for embedded refs. It says you can search by FormID so so try popping those FormIDs in and seeing if it can remove them. But there are a bunch of other forms connected with the weaponracks like 000df584 is the activator for the 000df581 and there should be at least 1 or 2 more for each of the others. Try looking at the esp in tesedit and they are under CELL, Block 4, Persistent.

Fake James
Aug 18, 2005

Y'all got any more of that plastic?
Buglord
I tried using that save cleaner and couldn't get all the plaques fixed (the ones outside the bedroom are fine, but the shield/swords one won't come back), but I found a backup save from right before trying the mod that I forgot I placed on my desktop. I'm going to keep tinkering with Tes5Edit and the Save Cleaner before going to the backup so that I'll know how to fix it if this happens again.

Thanks for the help, guys! I'm slowly becoming less of a :corsair: when it comes to modding.

Fake James fucked around with this message at 04:21 on Oct 16, 2014

Parker Lewis
Jan 4, 2006

Can't Lose

Red Mundus posted:

What's a good combat overhaul mod? I've nuked my skyrim mods and starting over so I'm not sure if any new ones came out.

I'm about 20 hours into my current playthrough and have found Ultimate Combat + Revenge of the Enemies to be a good combination that makes combat more realistic without becoming tedious or overly difficult.

Notably, archers will take cover when not firing at me and I need to wait for shield users to attack before I counter-attack.

I did turn down my game difficulty from Adept to whatever one notch easier is.

Metalocalypse
Jul 29, 2006
Speaking of combat mods, I saw this on Brodual not too long ago. Combat Evolved http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/56147/ . Anyone give that a whirl? Been considering using that in conjunction with Deadly or Ultimate Combat + Revenge of the Enemies for some hardcore fun.

Kulkasha
Jan 15, 2010

But it was all right, everything was all right, the struggle was finished. He had won the victory over himself. He loved Likchenpa.

Red Mundus posted:

Also what are some decent weapon and armor mods? Immersive armors looks nice, but IIRC immersive weapons was kind of blah?

I basically gave up on ENB. I have never, ever seen something so poorly optimized in my life. I think that thing taxed my system more that Ryse at max settings did.

Try out SkyRe, it's both brutal and fun for melee users.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Metalocalypse posted:

Speaking of combat mods, I saw this on Brodual not too long ago. Combat Evolved http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/56147/ . Anyone give that a whirl? Been considering using that in conjunction with Deadly or Ultimate Combat + Revenge of the Enemies for some hardcore fun.

Nah, that one doesn't really add much. It's just some artificial difficulty inflation.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
So seriously does anyone have any experience using Morrowloot with Requiem?

Kraven Moorhed
Jan 5, 2006

So wrong, yet so right.

Soiled Meat

Squeegy posted:

Nah, that one doesn't really add much. It's just some artificial difficulty inflation.

If you get the modular version and just use the core, it gives the AI a little more oomph in combat that I find works well with other combat mods. The other options suck though, especially the poison one where every spider can one-hit kill you unless you chug potions or make yourself immune to poison. That combined with the horrible herds of tundra spiders (ASIS, of course) made the area around Whiterun an apocalyptic wasteland.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Has anyone tried ThirteenOranges' quest mod "And the Realms of the Daedra"? I found the altar just south of Falkreath up in the mountains, killed the cultists, but I can't activate the altar. Nothing happens.

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Kulkasha posted:

Try out SkyRe, it's both brutal and fun for melee users.

Incidentally, I haven't seen much commentary on the T3nd0's SkyRe successor: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Perkus-Maximus-Skyrim-Redone-Successor/559386007477567

There's not a whole lot of details, but the breadcrumbs of spoilers I have seen make it look neat.

Dr. Knothead
Mar 28, 2012
How do people feel about the various stealth overhauls (specifically PoS vs. SSR vs. Vanilla)?

I've been using Path of Shadows as my stealth overhaul pretty much since I started modding Skyrim years ago. I'd been interested in changing to Kryptopyr's Stealth Skills Rebalanced for awhile (since I use and love pretty much every other mod she's made), but it conflicted with SPERG. It looks like a user has put out a patch the makes SSR SPERG friendly, so I was wondering if people think it would be worth it to switch.

I worry that SSR may be a little too extensive of an overhaul (and that constantly taking off gauntlets until I hit a certain skill level will get tedious fast). On the other hand, I like some of the other things the mod does (seems to have better feeling detection than PoS at first blush, camouflage perk is neat). Also (since I don't really remember what vanilla stealth was like), is an overhaul even that useful?

FadedReality
Sep 5, 2007

Okurrrr?

Dr. Knothead posted:

How do people feel about the various stealth overhauls (specifically PoS vs. SSR vs. Vanilla)?

I've been using Path of Shadows as my stealth overhaul pretty much since I started modding Skyrim years ago. I'd been interested in changing to Kryptopyr's Stealth Skills Rebalanced for awhile (since I use and love pretty much every other mod she's made), but it conflicted with SPERG. It looks like a user has put out a patch the makes SSR SPERG friendly, so I was wondering if people think it would be worth it to switch.

I worry that SSR may be a little too extensive of an overhaul (and that constantly taking off gauntlets until I hit a certain skill level will get tedious fast). On the other hand, I like some of the other things the mod does (seems to have better feeling detection than PoS at first blush, camouflage perk is neat). Also (since I don't really remember what vanilla stealth was like), is an overhaul even that useful?

I used the modular version of Path of Shadows and only used the Sneak Settings mod which felt pretty good with SPERG and haven't tried out Stealth Skills Rebalanced. What I can say is you absolutely need some sort of overhaul as the vanilla stealth has you basically become invisible when you crouch. You can just cruise around at will cutting necks. Which is cool but not a challenge in any way.

Right now I'm just using SkyRe as he made movement and equipment much more important to sneaking. He also built the Sneak tree around the Sneak Tools mod which adds in rope, oil, water, and noismaker arrows a la the Thief games.

Gridlocked posted:

I just looked it up and people have said as long as you put Morrowloot after Requiem and are using the proper merged /bashed patches it works fine.

FadedReality fucked around with this message at 17:35 on Oct 16, 2014

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
There is also Stealth Skills Rebalanced SPERGIFIED which is v. good:

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/56735

Warning that it does have a perk that makes lockpicking almost impossible if you're wearing gauntlets without that perk. But it basically makes Sneaking/lockpicking/etc way more reasonable than vanilla.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Gridlocked posted:

Unless you're in it for the unique treasures, I don't really think you need to use Morrowloot with Requiem. As I understand it, requiem includes much of the same changes to leveled loot and crafting lists that Morrowloot has.

• Locked thread