Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
will I later regret not putting effort into this poll?
Yes
No
View Results

• Locked thread
el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.
Do we know how the pre order pre release download works? Did they do this for ghosts? I imagine the game will be available to download in the wee hours of Monday. If I set my ps4 to standby mode and get home at 8pm Monday night, it SHOULD be ready to play, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Merry Marauder
Apr 4, 2009

"But she goes not abroad, in search of monsters to destroy. She is the well-wisher to the freedom and independence of all. She is the champion and vindicator only of her own."
Xboners can download all 45 gig right now! It's unknown to me if that's true of PS users.

venutolo
Jun 4, 2003

Dinosaur Gum

Pretty_Llama posted:

Seagrams? Canada Dry son.

What system is team ZxXsniPezX playing on?

I'll be getting it for both Bone and PS4, and I suspect that I'll probably play it much more on the Bone because it seems like most 360 CoD bros will be on that.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Pretty_Llama posted:

Seagrams? Canada Dry son.

What system is team ZxXsniPezX playing on?

Canada Dry?
Vernors, you sissy. :colbert:

Actually, can anyone recommend a decent tonic water? G&Ts are my CoD drink of choice.

Spoon Man
Mar 15, 2003

If you need a tonic water recommendation, you're drinking poo poo gin.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I'm drinking poo poo Tonic water (Canada Dry/Schweppes); there's nothing wrong with Beefeater or Aviation.

Also, we have price controls; the cheap gin costs as much as the mid-price, so there's no reason to ever buy it.

Mister Facetious fucked around with this message at 19:09 on Oct 14, 2014

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.
If you're drinking poo poo tonic water you're still playing on 360 #shamethepoors

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I just live in a glorified college town that pretends it's a city.
Good poo poo of any type is hard to find, because specialty stores are nearly non-existent.

I want a PS4 now, but I'll probably wait until after the CoD launch. :effort:

RangerAce
Feb 25, 2014

Mister Macys posted:

Canada Dry?
Vernors, you sissy. :colbert:

Actually, can anyone recommend a decent tonic water? G&Ts are my CoD drink of choice.

Vernors is god tier ginger ale.

venutolo
Jun 4, 2003

Dinosaur Gum
Vernor's is so loving good.

eleven extra elephants
Feb 16, 2007

Menschliches! Allzumenschliches!!
Gin? Nice to know I'm playing with my grandma

penis bandana
Aug 6, 2008
Grandmas are pretty cool though.

A great deal of my drunken call of duty time was fueled by gin so....

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Bought a PS4.
PSN: Mister_Macys
It is the white one.

JackGeneric
Apr 23, 2008

[Witty observation]
They're making Dead Silence an exo ability. 20 seconds of quiet time per life (boosted to 30 with a perk).

penis bandana
Aug 6, 2008
I like that the suits make everyone look like they're wearing track pants.

jerman999
Apr 26, 2006

This is a lex imperfecta
Whatever MBA at Diageo figures out how to market a liquor+COD promotion is going to get promoted.

metachronos
Sep 11, 2001

When I roll, baby I roll DEEP
Anybody know how many codes you have to enter to get to the double xp? I don't want to chug a bunch of diabetes juice for just a mt dew/doritos brand exo suit (yes that is a real thing)

anuj
Oct 14, 2005

~anime crew~
~R.I.P. Soap-san~

FAT WORM OF ERROR posted:

Gin? Nice to know I'm playing with my grandma

At least you're finally playing with someone, Mr. I'm Too Good to Get a PS4 :mad:

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!
Red rock is the best ginger ale idiots. It's actually made with ginger and its spicy like it ought to be.

RangerAce
Feb 25, 2014

Zombie Boat posted:

Red rock is the best ginger ale idiots. It's actually made with ginger and its spicy like it ought to be.

That's how Vernors is. Sounds like I need to try Red Rock, but I've never seen it around here.

Manxome Foe
Apr 6, 2005

Beware the Jabberwock, my son! The jaws that bite, the claws that catch!
If you're a new or old xbox CoDBRO add HAIL KING BEAR

We need some new blood to make up stupid poo poo and convince pubbies to jump in the well 50 times for a yellow clan tag.

FOR THE WELL GOD.

I changed my gamertag, I hope that doesn't affect my ability to be in BOYS.

Manxome Foe fucked around with this message at 17:12 on Oct 15, 2014

A Dire Weresloth
Dec 4, 2013

bear is driving! posted:

I changed my gamertag, I hope that doesn't affect my ability to be in BOYS.

I don't know how to feel about this. It's like everything I've learned during my entire life is a lie.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

Shnakepup posted:

Y'all can cross me off, I went PS4. Is there a clan/crew/whatever for that yet or...
There was/is a PS clan but at the height of clan wars we had maybe 6 people active out of 50 or so members. I spent many weekends capturing NODES all by myself. I could start up a new one, since even though I stopped playing Ghosts after a couple of months I keep reading the thread because you assholes amuse me.

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.
If there is a halfway decent clan wars in AW I'd be into playing on a ps4 squad

FallinInTheBlak
Jan 20, 2013

Sarcastic. Sadistic. British.
:britain:
:wotwot:
See you 'boners on November 4th.

BCRock
Dec 13, 2005
I'm huge in Japan
I'll be on the 'bone capping nodez with cute BOYS. At least until Bloodborne comes out and forces me to finally turn on my PS4.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

BCRock posted:

I'll be on the 'bone capping nodez with cute BOYS. At least until Bloodborne comes out and forces me to finally turn on my PS4.

This is true for me too.

How do I go about entering BOYS. The clan, not the people. My GT is SA Soul Glo.

sba
Jul 9, 2001

bae
will we be switching back and forth between this and Halo?

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

sba posted:

will we be switching back and forth between this and Halo?

I will be, personally. Probably gonna make me worse at both, but I can't not get both.

Nighthand
Nov 4, 2009

what horror the gas

Spoon said there's no clan management available yet, so I assume those of us not currently in the clan are stuck until they implement that.

Which, knowing how CoD clan poo poo has worked in the past, probably means March.

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!
Of 2017

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord
Is this P2P or dedicated? For PC :ssh:

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

I assume its P2P on all platforms. They haven't said anything about dedicated servers at all for any platform.

RangerAce
Feb 25, 2014

Mill Village posted:

I assume its P2P on all platforms. They haven't said anything about dedicated servers at all for any platform.

Exactly. If they were going to do dedicated servers, it would be a press release, and all the PR regurgitation blogs would be making GBS threads up twitter with the news.

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

Who wants to play video games?
But Woody told me it would have dedicated servers in the Campaign reveal trailer commentary. :(

SilentW
Apr 3, 2009

my It dept hgere is fucking clwonshoes, and as someone hwo used to do IT for 9 years it pains me to see them fbe so terriuble

Carecat posted:

Is this P2P or dedicated? For PC :ssh:

I'm a dedicated PC sperglord and even I'M getting this on ps4. Cod on PC is dead, super-dead.
:negative:

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord
2014 with new consoles that have cloud services and they still can't put dedi in the biggest multiplayer FPS release.

I don't really have the money for the PS4 but I liked the slower aim speeds way back in the day when I tried MW2 on the 360 for a bit. It made flanking a lot better.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Remember when COD had enabled the use of tablets as a second screen? Those were the days.

Nighthand
Nov 4, 2009

what horror the gas

Carecat posted:

2014 with new consoles that have cloud services and they still can't put dedi in the biggest multiplayer FPS release.

I don't really have the money for the PS4 but I liked the slower aim speeds way back in the day when I tried MW2 on the 360 for a bit. It made flanking a lot better.

Changing how the netcode works would require they change anything at all about the codebase, rather than slapping new skins and models on players and weapons, changing numbers on perks, and spending 11 months making lovely maps.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fit em all up in there
Oct 10, 2006

Violencia

If you are buying this for PS4 you might as well add me.
PSN:BostonZombie

I'm hoping there's enough people playing on PS4.

• Locked thread