Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

Is 1001 spikes any good?

My friends and I have been looking for another Meat Boy-esque platformer. We want to drink, pass the controller, and laugh at each other getting wrecked by a game that is trial and error platforming at its finest.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
It's amazing to me that Rogue Leaders didn't leak at the time, before Factor 5 went bankrupt. I mean, isn't that what devs do when they're desperate or think they're being hosed over - leak your game and hope it creates a public demand for your game or some kind of response from the publisher?

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

It's amazing to me that Rogue Leaders didn't leak at the time, before Factor 5 went bankrupt. I mean, isn't that what devs do when they're desperate or think they're being hosed over - leak your game and hope it creates a public demand for your game or some kind of response from the publisher?

Katana Gomai posted:

Because motherfucking Disney would let that, or any unauthorized use of the Star Wars licence, happen.

It wasn't Disney at the time, but if my company was going bankrupt, the last thing on my mind would be to gently caress with whoever was holding the Star Wars license at the time.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Ultigonio posted:

Oh drat, here's some pretty nice news.

Digital versions of Wii U and 3DS games can now be bought from Nintendo's website in North America (go to the Games tab, search for a game). Now, in the future, when someone's just bought a Wii U or is planning to buy one and sees some games on sale but doesn't have the system yet, we don't have to tell them, "Sorry, Nintendo's website is dumb and you actually can't buy games from it like you can for other platforms!" At least, if they're in North America.

Nintendo's had a thing kinda like this in the UK for like a year now but the selection is pretty limited and it's mostly just first party stuff. I also don't think we get the thing where you can send the download to your console

http://store.nintendo.co.uk/digital-downloads.list

Help Im Alive fucked around with this message at 12:24 on Oct 15, 2014

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Katana Gomai posted:

It wasn't Disney at the time, but if my company was going bankrupt, the last thing on my mind would be to gently caress with whoever was holding the Star Wars license at the time.

If the Factor 5 guy is to be believed, the game was self-financed by Factor 5 and when they started having financial issues due to other projects they asked LucasArts for financial assistance, but LucasArts declined because they knew they'd be given the game for free if they just waited for Factor 5 to declare bankruptcy. I don't think they had anything to lose, really.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

If the Factor 5 guy is to be believed, the game was self-financed by Factor 5 and when they started having financial issues due to other projects they asked LucasArts for financial assistance, but LucasArts declined because they knew they'd be given the game for free if they just waited for Factor 5 to declare bankruptcy. I don't think they had anything to lose, really.

If this had happened more recently I bet they could have gotten assistance from Nintendo, but back then, no way in hell Nintendo's lifting a finger.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

NoE tweeted this and it's great

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Help Im Alive posted:

finally. Finally, we get the post cyber apocalypse LEgend of Zelda game we've all been asking for.

PrBacterio
Jul 19, 2000

mabels big day posted:

finally. Finally, we get the post cyber apocalypse LEgend of Zelda game we've all been asking for.
Isn't Skyward Sword the actual, official post-cyber apocalypse LoZ game what with all of those ancient robots running around everywhere? :v:

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

Help Im Alive posted:

Oh man what if the motorcycle talked like the boat did in Windwaker

PrBacterio
Jul 19, 2000

Monkey Fracas posted:

HI I'M DAISYEPONA!

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER

Help Im Alive posted:

Mecha-Epona :black101:

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Help Im Alive posted:

Where's the version of this with Isabelle

Shelf Adventure
Jul 18, 2006
I'm down with that brother

Monkey Fracas posted:

You picked up a green shell! This can be used to hit opponents! Use ZL to fire it. If you hit someone with the shell, it will help you get ahead of them. But be careful it doesn't bounce off something or it may hit you! This will be bad because you will have to stop briefly.

Did you understand?
> No Yes

Do you need to hear this again?
>Yes No

Shelf Adventure
Jul 18, 2006

Macaluso posted:

Where's the version of this with Isabelle

Not as fancy :(

davey4283
Aug 14, 2006
Fallen Rib

Dunban posted:

Mecha-Epona :black101:

I did not even notice at first that the motorcycle is a goddamn horse

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

Monkey Fracas posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5euYoAy4DL4

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

I like the apple logo for Isabelle

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER
I wonder why they didn't make Villager looks like he does in Smash.

PrBacterio
Jul 19, 2000
Villager in Smash has several skins/costumes and iirc at least one of them looks quite similar to that, actually.

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER

PrBacterio posted:

Villager in Smash has several skins/costumes and iirc at least one of them looks quite similar to that, actually.

Not really? Either way, it's not his default look which they modeled his amiibo after. Seems like a missed opportunity.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

It's probably a Nintendo thing to keep there from being one default villager in people's minds.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

Dunban posted:

Not really? Either way, it's not his default look which they modeled his amiibo after. Seems like a missed opportunity.

Maybe he'll have different skins like how you can choose shy guy colors.

PrBacterio
Jul 19, 2000
Someone over on NeoGAF suggested that they should have called the bike the "Zelda Cycle" :v:

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

MK8 needs Megaweapon as a kart now.

Wild Knight
Mar 27, 2010

Foul villain! I do not flee. I will never turn my back on you and run away!

[he says, running away]
Smash Villager is the City Folk/Wild World/original one, whereas Mario Kart Villager is New Leaf. The question is really why isn't Smash Villager the New Leaf one as well.

Is that picture for Link in Mario Kart because I may actually cry if we're getting an Epona bike.

edit: oh goodness it is, crying commences

Wild Knight fucked around with this message at 18:37 on Oct 15, 2014

All Frogs
Sep 18, 2014

That Epona bike is pretty rad. This DLC keeps looking better and better. Glad I picked it up.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

That's just the standard kart.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:
It's called the Master Cycle guys. :colbert:

https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/522430647143763968

Shelf Adventure
Jul 18, 2006
He must be looking for the master race.

Discount Viscount
Jul 9, 2010

FIND THE FISH!

Narcissus1916 posted:

Is 1001 spikes any good?

My friends and I have been looking for another Meat Boy-esque platformer. We want to drink, pass the controller, and laugh at each other getting wrecked by a game that is trial and error platforming at its finest.

I played one level at Comic Con and yeah it's pretty cool. I love that there are two jump buttons- one for a full jump and the other for a half-height jump. That's a pretty good clue as to the design philosophy.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Just so people know, 1001 Spikes has a bunch of bugs that still haven't been patched and I don't think they ever got around to adding the promised off-tv mode, either.

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

Dunban posted:

I wonder why they didn't make Villager looks like he does in Smash.

By going with the bedhead hairstyle, this villager can be androgynous. I don't know if that was the reason but it works.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Try telling that to Germany.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

Electric Phantasm posted:

There goes NOE making bad decisions again... :rolleyes:

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Electric Phantasm posted:

What the hell that's totally :krad:

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

It is the Eponator.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

The Dutch name is pretty good too. :shepface:

Ultigonio
Oct 26, 2012

Well now.

Shelf Adventure posted:

You picked up a green shell! This can be used to hit opponents! Use ZL to fire it. If you hit someone with the shell, it will help you get ahead of them. But be careful it doesn't bounce off something or it may hit you! This will be bad because you will have to stop briefly.

Did you understand?
> No Yes

Do you need to hear this again?
>Yes No

It's funny because the King of Red Lions is one of the few Zelda partners that doesn't do this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

JordanKai posted:

The Dutch name is pretty good too. :shepface:

"Triforcer to do what you want." :aatrek:

• Locked thread