Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

Crunk Abortion posted:

Uh, like 99% of the CW's target demo? Google some Supernatural shipper poo poo on Tumblr and tell me CW fans don't have a boner for incest.

I thought they just liked gay incest.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

digital penitence
Jan 3, 2008

The storm giving random people super powers reminds me of Misfits. All we need is someone to gain the power of Lactokinesis.

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

I like that Barry went to the coffee shop where Iris was working and the only person there from the looks of things, made her serve him like ten muffins and watch him eat them before he continued their conversation.

imperialparadox
Apr 17, 2012

Don't tell me no one has told the girl she isn't exactly human!

muscles like this? posted:

What are they going to do with all those bodies?

See, I was wondering this too. 100 identical bodies should pretty much move the general populace into "people with superpowers definitely exist" territory. I hope that they address it in some way next episode.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

They have 100 bodies worth of stem cells they can use for research now I guess.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Big oven.

Dogeatdog
Jun 17, 2005
"Turns out clone meat is delicious and healthy for you. S.T.A.R. Labs is back in business!"

ComposerGuy
Jul 28, 2007

Conspicuous Absinthe

greatn posted:

But why? Why couldn't she just be his childhood friend? What demographic are they putting a checkmark down for by making them brother and sister?

Technically they were childhood friends before the whole "Mom dead, Dad framed" thing. Detective West mentions it in the pilot when he answers someone who asked if he knew the mom with "My daughter is best friends with her kid". They were 11 at the time.

I still think it's weird, but not as weird as it could be. 11 is old enough that that sort of "brother-sister" thing may not be in effect. They weren't raised the majority of their childhoods under the same roof.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Pwnstar posted:

I like that Barry went to the coffee shop where Iris was working and the only person there from the looks of things, made her serve him like ten muffins and watch him eat them before he continued their conversation.

That might have been a bit of a nod to No Ordinary Family. The speedster wife inhales about 30 muffins in like 6 seconds.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

This is a weird question, but did anyone else recognize the West household from another show? Just like the Luthor Mansion being co-opted by the Queen's, the West household from the flashbacks made me immediately think I'd seen it in another show, but I couldn't place it and it is driving me mad. Little help?

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Rocksicles posted:

That might have been a bit of a nod to No Ordinary Family. The speedster wife inhales about 30 muffins in like 6 seconds.

It's an established Flash/superhero/hero trope dating back far longer than 2010.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE
Barry being needing to eat so much food is the best superpower ever. I wouldn't even need the speed to go with it.

He also has excellent taste in pizza, although it would be even better with the addition of oregano, gorgonzola and anchovies.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Drifter posted:

It's an established Flash/superhero/hero trope dating back far longer than 2010.

Yeah I am ready the early Wally Flash issues from 1985 and its a huge part.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Drifter posted:

Of course, maybe i'm reaching, I recently watched it.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Rocksicles posted:

Of course, maybe i'm reaching, I recently watched it.

Was it any good?

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
It's actually really good for an ABC show. Heaps of comic references. The effects are great, It's a family show at heart.

But the speed effects around Julie Benz are pretty great.

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Steven doesn't want me watching him sleep anymore.

Rocksicles posted:

It's actually really good for an ABC show. Heaps of comic references. The effects are great, It's a family show at heart.

But the speed effects around Julie Benz are pretty great.

Yeah, that show was really fun, I was disappointed it didn't make it. Cool cast too - Darla, Michael Chiklis, Caitlin Snow Jr. etc

Actually, looking back on this show I think maybe I somehow missed like half this show because I definitely don't remember Lucy Lawless being a major character.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Wow yeah, it's her little sister.

Funhilde
Jun 1, 2011

Cats Love Me.

Klungar posted:

This is a weird question, but did anyone else recognize the West household from another show? Just like the Luthor Mansion being co-opted by the Queen's, the West household from the flashbacks made me immediately think I'd seen it in another show, but I couldn't place it and it is driving me mad. Little help?

Yeah it is recognizable but it could just be that Craftsman houses all look about the same inside.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Just in case anyone had any real doubts still about whether they might have been lying or whatever when they said the DC shows wouldn't crossover with the movies, they just cast Ezra Miller in the solo Flash film out in 2018.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
They could cross them over Crisis on infinite Earth style!

(they won't)

ComposerGuy
Jul 28, 2007

Conspicuous Absinthe
We should be getting a full season pick up any time now. Flash got a 1.6 in the demo last night and may adjust up a tenth, tying Agents of Shield and beating most of what else was going on on the other networks.

This show is a serious hit for CW.

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012

ComposerGuy posted:

Technically they were childhood friends before the whole "Mom dead, Dad framed" thing. Detective West mentions it in the pilot when he answers someone who asked if he knew the mom with "My daughter is best friends with her kid". They were 11 at the time.

I still think it's weird, but not as weird as it could be. 11 is old enough that that sort of "brother-sister" thing may not be in effect. They weren't raised the majority of their childhoods under the same roof.

Westermarck only kicks in if they're friends before age 6. :flashfact:

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Is this the first :flashfact: Flash Fact :flashfact: of the thread?

Those were my favorite parts of the books.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

ComposerGuy posted:

We should be getting a full season pick up any time now. Flash got a 1.6 in the demo last night and may adjust up a tenth, tying Agents of Shield and beating most of what else was going on on the other networks.

Notably, it beat NCIS in 18-34. CBS may have a bajillion viewers, but Flash has more that advertisers care about.

richardfun
Aug 10, 2008

Twenty years? It's no wonder I'm so hungry. Do you have anything to eat?

Bad Moon posted:

Caitlin Snow is a huge bitch and I love it :swoon:

Keep on being smug as gently caress and murdering people Professor Bubble Beard.

That's Captain Bubble Beard. If you're going to reference on of my favourite comedies of all time, do it right :colbert:

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

richardfun posted:

That's Captain Bubble Beard. If you're going to reference on of my favourite comedies of all time, do it right :colbert:

He left the Navy so he could get his pHD and go back in time to help the Flash by murdering character actors.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

richardfun posted:

He will be helping flash in a tub of his own urine.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

I know Multiplex's "I lost my best friend" thing was meant to echo Barry's relationship with Iris, but I prefer to believe the guy went revenge-crazy because his dog died.

HaitianDivorce
Jul 29, 2012

bobkatt013 posted:

He will be helping flash in a tub of his own urine.

Mostly his own urine. :colbert:

(Holy poo poo I didn't recognize him until this post)

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012
Rewatching last night's episode. Some great lines I forgot about. "Keep lying like that, you're liable to get struck by lightning again." Casting Jesse L. Martin was a loving bullseye.

Man, the flashbacks really kill the momentum though. Kid Barry is really bad. I hope they don't try to use them every episode. This isn't Arrow.

I also hope Cisco becomes a better actor add the show goes on. His lines are not always the greatest, but good delivery could save them and his delivery is just... off. Also he needs to cut his hair. :colbert:

God drat, the score for this show is great. Especially the closing credits theme (which I only heard due to watching from the CW's website). :flashfap:

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
Ignore my doomerism, I don't think better things are possible

Gaz-L posted:

Notably, it beat NCIS in 18-34. CBS may have a bajillion viewers, but Flash has more that advertisers care about.

CW not finishing dead last in the ratings is big enough, but winning the young male demographic when they are still widely known as the Gossip Girl channel is huge. Given how their female focused shows are tanking, I wonder if they will embrace the success of their male leaning shows and give us more shows like Flash, and Arrow - even if they are not all DC related.

Astro Nut
Feb 22, 2013

Nonsensical Space Powers, Activate! Form of Friendship!

ComposerGuy posted:

Current calculation of total viewers stands at a little over 4.1 million meaning that proportionally, it handled the second episode drop better than Arrow did too. So definitely a good sign so far, though it'll take a few more episodes to really determine if it'll develop into a good trend.

Still frustrated it'll be another two weeks before it properly airs this side of the pond.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

You are being watched. :allears:

Tatum Girlparts posted:

Having a dude from the future legitimately is going to be a major help for the show. We all know he's The Flash, having a guy to have these little moments of 'yea he's the fuckin Flash let's cut the poo poo' helps feel it less like dicking around.

Pilot was awesome, this episode was awesome. But that stinger? Yeah I am so totally loving onboard with this show now. :suspense:

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Deadpool posted:

Just in case anyone had any real doubts still about whether they might have been lying or whatever when they said the DC shows wouldn't crossover with the movies, they just cast Ezra Miller in the solo Flash film out in 2018.

With the way DC gets froggy over multiple continuities confusing fans I hope they don't gently caress with the show for the movie's sake.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
Maybe one will be Barry and the other will be Wally.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
I'm not too worried. 2018 is four dang years away. We'll all be old as poo poo by then, and for all we know Gustin will have been embroiled in some kinda cocaine-fueled dog fight scandal.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Phylodox posted:

Maybe one will be Barry and the other will be Wally.

:lol: if only to murder him to satisfy DC's hateboner for Wally :lol:

Also isn't Wally part black now? Nope can't be having that in our movies no

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
I am a little afraid that they will pull a Captain Stacy with Joe... :ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Unlucky7 posted:

I am a little afraid that they will pull a Captain Stacy with Joe... :ohdear:

Nah, Jesse L is a bit too high profile to kill off quickly (unless he only did the show in the first place because of the limited commitment :ohdear: )

• Locked thread