Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

If Domon lady is not voiced by Geass' Karen I'm going to be a little disappointed.

chumbler fucked around with this message at 17:25 on Oct 15, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

chumbler posted:

If Domon lady is not voiced by Geasd' Karen I'm going to be a little disappointed.

Ami Koshimizu loves doing mecha show roles and supposedly is really eager to do more stuff. That is part of why she got so many lines in SRW.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat

chumbler posted:

If Domon lady is not voiced by Geasd' Karen I'm going to be a little disappointed.

If Lady Domon's not voiced by Tomokazu Seki, I will absolutely be disappointed.

I still hope she turns out to be Rain

StrifeHira
Nov 7, 2012

I'll remind you that I have a very large stick.

chumbler posted:

If Domon lady is not voiced by Geass' Karen I'm going to be a little disappointed.

Well obviously.

Her mother is Rain, after all. :v:

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
I'm expecting his Master to turn out to be their mother, to be honest. Just because it looks like both Sekai and his sister seem to have the same ethos about regular exercise.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
I want Sekai to learn about having a hand that glows with an unstoppable power.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn

So apparently these two are Julian and Allan?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Literally The Worst posted:

I want Sekai to learn about having a hand that glows with an unstoppable power.

Did you see that opening?

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Neddy Seagoon posted:

I'm expecting his Master to turn out to be their mother, to be honest. Just because it looks like both Sekai and his sister seem to have the same ethos about regular exercise.

Considering that only noticeable exclusion to this seasons formula is kick rear end moms then yeah this would be the best option.

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

Blaze Dragon posted:

Man, the opening was so packed I'm basically watching it frame by frame. Interesting things I've noticed:
-As shown before, Sekai's master, gender-bent Domon.
-Whoever the hell that woman with the weird glasses is, she's definitely connected to a returning character - Meijin's back. His Gunpla's shown behind him, but I can't make out what it's meant to be.

I'm not that certain that his master is actually female. What looked like breasts in the screencaps is just the cape. Butt also looks pretty flat.

Still hoping for Dorainby.

The mysterious woman has to be the current Meijin because of the weird glasses. The weird ghost flames might mean that Tatsuya is missing.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

What I'm looking forward to is seeing what happens when the wear and tear of gunpla battle inevitably catches up to the Build Burning and/or it gets badly mauled during a high damage level setting fight. Will any of the three be good enough builders to properly repair Sei's master level design?

I mean, so far the Burning hasn't taken any major hits, but that won't last.

[edit]

Lurking Haro posted:

The mysterious woman has to be the current Meijin because of the weird glasses. The weird ghost flames might mean that Tatsuya is missing.

Granted plot events might result in that, but I'm pretty sure he was just handing a building competition trophy to Yuuma last episode, with the implications the award was given just before the episode, since everyone was congratulating him about it.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn

Lurking Haro posted:

Tatsuya showed up in episode 1 awarding Yuuma his prize. I bet Yuuki just had to make a team of Meijins to keep up with the rule changes.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Galaga Galaxian posted:

What I'm looking forward to is seeing what happens when the wear and tear of gunpla battle inevitably catches up to the Build Burning and/or it gets badly mauled during a high damage level setting fight. Will any of the three be good enough builders to properly repair Sei's master level design?

I'm assuming that'll be a focus episode for Yuuma. Like I said before, Fumina's the strategist, Sekai's the face-puncher, and he's the engineer.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

BlitzBlast posted:

Tatsuya showed up in episode 1 awarding Yuuma his prize. I bet Yuuki just had to make a team of Meijins to keep up with the rule changes.

Tatsuya and the Meijin are different people, didnt you see that part in season one? :v:

I can see him being retired as a Meijin but not as the head of corporation and placing someone else in the position. Julian + Allan + New Meijin/Woman might consist of their team.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

StrifeHira posted:

This is my take on it as well, it as being "illegal" because he didn't start out with it, he added it in the middle of battle. G-Bits, mobile armors and the like can be fine, but only if you start out with it; if you start out with a base Justice or GP-03, you can't suddenly add the Meteor pack or Dendrobium out of nowhere, unless maybe if it were being controlled by other people at the start as well. Even in the case of the DX from last season, his G-Bits were being controlled by other people so most likely he started out with them.

In other words, it was illegal because he summoned a bunch of monsters in one turn.

Agreed; I would liken it more to the 1/48 Zaku II being dropped into the middle of the battle royal in 7th Championship's second preliminary round, or Baker changing the field in the middle of the SBS vs. Exia Dark Matter match in the finals.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Allan never appeared to care much about the battling aspects, so I don't think he'll be frontline anyway.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
The best character is Sekai's sister's aura of :swoon:

Also Imp Atom I usually agree with you on things like this but it really really feels like your looking for excuses with this one. Like Fumina has been show to be the most competent out of the 3 protags so far, beaten only by dirty tricks and distractions(From the same dirty cheater, no less!). She even gives the hot blooded "I'll NEVER give up speech" that rally's China's poo poo brother.

ZenMasterBullshit fucked around with this message at 18:23 on Oct 15, 2014

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
The only real issue I had with all that was the whole "Perv Hands" nonsense the Model Club dood was pulling after his Heavy Armour plan went to poo poo.

That said, Not-Une was pretty much the best joke in the episode.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Eri was pretty great for having like 3 lines in the episode

Pyronic
Oct 1, 2008

ROYAL RAINWHARRGARBL

Cao Ni Ma posted:

The Hobby Hizack was perfect.

StrifeHira
Nov 7, 2012

I'll remind you that I have a very large stick.

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Fumina's reaction is the best part of it. :3:

VVVV Aaaaand here we go...

StrifeHira fucked around with this message at 18:30 on Oct 15, 2014

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Also Imp Atom I usually agree with you on things like this but it really really feels like your looking for excuses with this one. Like Fumina has been show to be the most competent out of the 3 protags so far, beaten only by dirty tricks and distractions(From the same dirty cheater, no less!).

How has she? Like, I'm not trying to be a dick here but the 'dirty trick' she got beaten by was 'the basic attack of a robot that, at most, she was not expecting to see.' Then she was captured by a creeper who made goofy gunpla-altered versions of the usual 'evil pervert villain threatening a girl' comments and had to be rescued.

I mean people say 'she's the strategist" but the only strategy we've seen her use stopped working the moment it hit something unexpected. You can go "but it was a dirty trick" but come on, how many legal or semi-legal dirty tricks are they going to encounter over the series? I'd find that less bothersome if it wasn't instantly followed with her being captured so the boys can save her. Again. It also doesn't help that the won fight she unarguably won without any question turned to be someone taking a dive.

I mean I guess my problem is that people feel like Fumina 'wins' as long as she doesn't collapse at the first sign of conflict, but that isn't what any of the Build Fighters female cast did. That is why they're fun characters and I'd prefer to see them being awesome. Fumina's my favorite character in the show so far!

It's especially worrying if Winning Gundam does turn into a combat gauntlet for Burning because it means she'll be potentially in a situation where she 'contributes' by making Burning more powerful instead of by doing things herself.

ImpAtom fucked around with this message at 18:34 on Oct 15, 2014

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

ImpAtom posted:

How has she? Like, I'm not trying to be a dick here but the 'dirty trick' she got beaten by was 'the basic attack of a robot that, at most, she was not expecting to see.' Then she was captured by a creeper who made goofy gunpla-altered versions of the usual 'evil pervert villain threatening a girl' comments and had to be rescued.

The first episode is was the distractions of Creeper president threatening to dismantle the club. And yeah that's what he was trying to do because he saved telling her that until the middle of the fight when he needed to distract her and the second time was him literally putting a second machine/power up on the table mid fight. The dude was fighting under-handed because she could smoke him on in a one on one fight.

And earlier you tried to act like her taking down the mobile armor wasn't a big deal because it was a team effort (Which it was, that whole thing was supposed to show 'Wow look at how well they work together!') but Sekai's big special finisher kick only knock a few spindly spider legs off and Kousaka's shot just pierced it once. The vast majority of the damage was from the Cardigan unloading on the thing.

She's shown to be a pretty okay pilot in skill (see, the whole opening scene in episode 1) and then we can deduce she's skilled from the fact that her only on screen opponent has gone out of his way to make sure he had some trump card so he could catch her by surprise.

Luminaflare
Sep 23, 2010

No one man
should have all that
POWER BEYOND MEASURE

W.T. Fits posted:

Episode rocked, fight was awesome, new OP kicks all kinds of rear end. (New OP is called Cerulean.)

Also, trying to discern what the hell it was that chumped Yuuma's Airmaster in the cold opening:

I can see the wings from the Deathscythe Hell Endless Waltz version and two of the extendable arms are from the Nataku... and I cannot for the life of me make out anything else in that horrid kitbash. :psyduck:

I'm calling it the "Kitbash Hell Custom" until we get an actual name for it.

I think it's likely based off of either this or this. Probably both.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled
Yuuma is my favorite character so far because he's just trying to have generic "but my tormented past, you wouldn't understand" mysterious logical genius pretty boy drama, except it's about toy robot battling and nobody else cares enough to let him be cool and mysterious about it.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Kanos posted:

Yuuma is my favorite character so far because he's just trying to have generic "but my tormented past, you wouldn't understand" mysterious logical genius pretty boy drama, except it's about toy robot battling and nobody else cares enough to let him be cool and mysterious about it.

If they played it for comedy that would be cool, but its mega straight and really incongruous, and boring besides.

Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

I hope the scary man in U-kun's flashback only did that to him specifically because China pushed his poo poo in during an earlier tournament.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

The first episode is was the distractions of Creeper president threatening to dismantle the club. And yeah that's what he was trying to do because he saved telling her that until the middle of the fight when he needed to distract her and the second time was him literally putting a second machine/power up on the table mid fight. The dude was fighting under-handed because she could smoke him on in a one on one fight.

I guess my problem with this argument is that the first series was heavily based around the idea that people kept secrets and used gimmicks as a primary central part of their combat abilities. The two 'straight' fighters were Reiji and the Meijin and even then Reiji had Sei's gimmicks and tricks making up for him and the Meijin had his own share. I guess you can argue Felini too, he was pretty straight-man fight guy.

So the argument of "she would have won if he fought her straight on" doesn't really make sense to me because that is never how Gunpla Battles are shown to work. It is why the "build" part is so important. The truly talented fighters are able to get past dirty tricks or have tricks of their own or exploit their enemy's weaknesses.

ImpAtom fucked around with this message at 18:56 on Oct 15, 2014

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

Pictured: The best :smug: of the show so far.

ActionZero
Jan 22, 2011

I act once more in
imitation of light

ImpAtom posted:

I guess my problem with this argument is that the first series was heavily based around the idea that people kept secrets and used gimmicks as a primary central part of their combat abilities. The two 'straight' fighters were Reiji and the Meijin and even then Reiji had Sei's gimmicks and tricks making up for him and the Meijin had his own share. I guess you can argue Felini too, he was pretty straight-man fight guy.

So the argument of "she would have won if he fought her straight on" doesn't really make sense to me because that is never how Gunpla Battles are shown to work. It is why the "build" part is so important. The truly talented fighters are able to get past dirty tricks or have tricks of their own or exploit their enemy's weaknesses.

If you can't see the difference between using a psychologically targetted distraction and pulling out a completely new unit mid fight (in a way that would be cheating in standard rules), compared to revealing a secret technique then I really don't know what to say to you. Sure when the SBS first used discharge speed mode it totally chumped its opponents easily but that is thematically entirely different to the poo poo that the plamo president was pulling.

Look I understand that BF doesn't have a good track record on this but while this is a sequel it is not the same show. Give it a chance, breaking down each individual episode scene by scene obsessively when we're two episodes in is not the way to go about it. Honestly you're just shooting down completely legitimate counter arguments without reason; Fumina was beating her opponent until he cheated, Fumina did do the best out of her entire team in the episode one intro fight, Fumina did do more total damage to the Agrissa than Sekai or Yuuma.

If it turns out to go the way that Build Fighters or AGE did then trust me I'll be right there with you (a lot of my conversations about this show have a large amount of "Oh god I hope Fumina gets to perform well") but you're being irrational here.

ActionZero fucked around with this message at 19:30 on Oct 15, 2014

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

ActionZero posted:

If you can't see the difference between using a psychologically targetted distraction and pulling out a completely new unit mid fight (in a way that would be cheating in standard rules), compared to revealing a secret technique then I really don't know what to say to you. Sure when the SBS first used discharge speed mode it totally chumped its opponents easily but that is thematically entirely different to the poo poo that the plamo president was pulling.

I'm thinking more about the Renato Brothers, whose tactics were dirty but not cheating.

ActionZero posted:

Fumina did do more total damage to the Agrissa than Sekai or Yuuma.

People keep saying this but I just looked at it again. Sekai tore it to pieces. She shot it once and it exploded and then Yuuma shot the Enact.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

Sharkopath posted:

If they played it for comedy that would be cool, but its mega straight and really incongruous, and boring besides.

I dunno, you have a scene where he's standing on his balcony wistfully wondering if he can overcome his tortured past and vowing to himself to live up to a promise he made(about toy robot battling), roll credits, immediate scene where he's totally overcome by Mirai's :syoon: aura and Fumina and Sekai are like "You heard him, he said yes okay let's go!".

I'm fairly convinced the show is taking the piss out of him.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Kanos posted:

I dunno, you have a scene where he's standing on his balcony wistfully wondering if he can overcome his tortured past and vowing to himself to live up to a promise he made(about toy robot battling), roll credits, immediate scene where he's totally overcome by Mirai's :syoon: aura and Fumina and Sekai are like "You heard him, he said yes okay let's go!".

I'm fairly convinced the show is taking the piss out of him.

This is the same show that had the Meijin's tragic gunpla tragedy played for comedy. It totally is.

ActionZero
Jan 22, 2011

I act once more in
imitation of light

ImpAtom posted:

People keep saying this but I just looked at it again. Sekai tore it to pieces. She shot it once and it exploded and then Yuuma shot the Enact.

Sekai took off the legs from one side with one kick. Fumina's chaingun ripped the main body and other side's legs to shreds.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Zedd posted:

Pictured: The best :smug: of the show so far.

Best Gunpla, Best Girl, Best Smug Face.

Everything you need.

ImpAtom posted:

People keep saying this but I just looked at it again. Sekai tore it to pieces.

No he didn't, he knocked off 3 spindly legs. That's it. That's not 'Torn to pieces' when 80% of the unit is still intact. This is what I meant when you seem like you're trying to find something to be upset about.

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!

ImpAtom posted:

Here is an exact quote of what the Student Council President said about the battle "It'll be a 3-on-3 team battle, just like the championship." So yeah, I'm pretty sure that one could interpret that as saying that they are using the championship rule set.

I get the impression that you don't get even a fraction of an ounce of enjoyment from the show, if you hate it as much as you seem to just move on and if you don't hate it then stop coming off as so utterly bitter and negative.

Yosuke
Dec 21, 2006

Emperor of Steel
I think we all know how Fumina is gonna end up when her first kit was the Methuss :V

In all seriousness though, it was a fun episode. Looking forward to a proper team battle and such. Ral wanting to go off into random Ral quotes was adorable and I'm really liking how everyone else acts as well. I love how they had to give three different angles to the single kick Build Burning did too, kinda makes up for random offmodelness everywhere else!

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

ActionZero posted:

Sekai took off the legs from one side with one kick. Fumina's chaingun ripped the main body and other side's legs to shreds.

You dont get it, the woman only got to that point because the men had soften it up. (Completely disregards that she had left the guy on the ropes, unarmed and without any other option but to resort to a move that would have gotten him banned in a tournament)

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

ActionZero posted:

No he didn't, he knocked off 3 spindly legs. That's it. That's not 'Torn to pieces' when 80% of the unit is still intact. This is what I meant when you seem like you're trying to find something to be upset about.

You're both going "he took off three spindley legs' which massive underrates the damage done to it, especially since it throws the unit off balance. I admit that going 'one shot' is a bit unfair as she unloaded her gattling gun into it which was a number of smaller shots, but c'mon. Are you seriously arguing that what Fumina did was a show of serious skill and ability?

The clear intent was "all three of them take it down" and the concept is fine in a vacuum, but when combined with the rest of the episode it isn't very impressive and 'she did the most damage to the Agrissa" feels like it's straining for something to praise Fumina for.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

ImpAtom posted:

You're both going "he took off three spindley legs' which massive underrates the damage done to it, especially since it throws the unit off balance. I admit that going 'one shot' is a bit unfair as she unloaded her gattling gun into it which was a number of smaller shots, but c'mon. Are you seriously arguing that what Fumina did was a show of serious skill and ability?

It was a show of as much skill and ability as what the other two teammates did. Like that's literally the entire point of that scene.

And you're really up-selling what Sekai did and it really seems like you're doing that to justify why 'No Fumina's stuff doesn't count'.

• Locked thread