Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

When you see it, you'll shit yourself.

Two EPT Soontir would be pretty sick. What would be the standard, PtL/VI to get that PS 11?

It's probably going to be difficult to have a fix that only targets non-EPT pilots, it's true. I almost wish there were some modifications that made use of "Action:" so that there is a reason to take EI on an intie.

Isn't the x1 getting a fix btw? Does anyone have any details on what that might entail?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

alg posted:

you gotta link that

Wish I still had the box but we split up the pack of 10? 12? I believe with anyone who wanted one. It's like $8 and comes from ultra pro.

Can't wait until Ford will literally be riding inside that Falcon.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Chill la Chill posted:

There could always be a stipulation for a refit downgrade card to be applicable to PS- pilots only.

It's what they should have done with Chardaan Refit and Test Pilot - just barred anyone over PS6 from taking them.

e; or barred pilots over PS6 from Chardaan and just made Test Pilot cost 2 points.

Lemon-Lime fucked around with this message at 19:10 on Oct 12, 2014

alg
Mar 14, 2007

A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs.

Lemon Curdistan posted:

It's what they should have done with Chardaan Refit and Test Pilot - just barred anyone over PS6 from taking them.

What's your beef with a-wings dude

do you just want people to never use them

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Tekopo posted:

Two EPT Soontir would be pretty sick. What would be the standard, PtL/VI to get that PS 11?

Prob PTL + Outmaneuver/Predator. Hell you can even make a case for PTL + Expert Handling if you're in a FCS heavy meta

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

I'm thinking of trying out one of these two lists next time i get a chance to play, thoughts? The central theme is the HLC armed Defender:

Colonel Vessery (35)
Heavy Laser Cannon (7)

Omicron Group Pilot (21)
Advanced Sensors (3)
Engine Upgrade (4)

Soontir Fel (27)
Push the Limit (3)

Total: 100

Or

Omicron Group Pilot (21)
ST-321 (3)

Colonel Vessery (35)
Veteran Instincts (1)
Heavy Laser Cannon (7)

Bounty Hunter (33)

View in Yet Another Squad Builder

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

I like them. I might swap the Engine in list 1 from the shuttle to Vessery and make AdSensors Vader instead.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

Was this [....] Close to buying a falcon, 2 xwings, a y wing and two ties for like 70 bucks today.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

Soulex posted:

Was this [....] Close to buying a falcon, 2 xwings, a y wing and two ties for like 70 bucks today.

That's not a bad price and you should have jumped on it. MSRP on that would be over $100.

PJOmega
May 5, 2009

jivjov posted:

That's not a bad price and you should have jumped on it. MSRP on that would be over $100.

I'd guess it was Core/Falcon/Xwing/YWing, so right at $100 MSRP.

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you
Holy poo poo my friend and I just found an Interceptor and an A-Wing on the shelves of a different store aaaaa

I think I might have just ruined someone's day though because they were both hidden right at the back of separate racks :v:

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

So, I've been puzzling out a way to fight phantoms with my favorite list currently.

It is:
Rexler Brath
Predator, HLC, Stealth Modification

Omicron Pilot
Vader

2x Academy Pilot

I've been making the mistake of trying yo stay tight with the phantom. But I'm thinking I should just make a pass with Rexler and then book it straight out of there to make space, cut a K-turn and come back for another pass. Any thoughts?

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you
After fiddling around with A-Wings post Rebel Aces A-Wing Test Pilot has become a virtual auto-pick. What would people say to a title that let TIE Interceptors or Advanced above PS x take an extra EPT in the same manner? What should x be? PS 3? 4?

E: Or Chill's suggestion that it be for ships with a PS less than x. Less than 7 would keep it out of reach of Phennirr, Vader and the Baron.

adamantium|wang fucked around with this message at 11:09 on Oct 15, 2014

alg
Mar 14, 2007

A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs.

It would be boring as heck. They've said they want to keep ships different.

alg
Mar 14, 2007

New FAQ: http://fantasyflightgames.com/ffg_content/x-wing/support/faq/X-Wing-FAQ-low-res.pdf

Free Actions can trigger Push the Limit and interrupt other actions. They re-worded Lone Wolf so that Jan Ors works on a ship she is a crew member of.

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Im da fwiggin Poopy Palpy XD
I suspect that autoblaster is still a bad card, but I kind of want to shred a fat Han with some uncancelable hits now that now that evade tokens and Threepio add dice results.

alg
Mar 14, 2007

Poopy Palpy posted:

I suspect that autoblaster is still a bad card, but I kind of want to shred a fat Han with some uncancelable hits now that now that evade tokens and Threepio add dice results.

If it were 2 points it would be totally useable. :smith:

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

So with the PtL changes, if I have Jake in an A-wing, I can focus, get a free barrel roll/boost, PtL off the free action, then PtL off the focus? (I mean, it would give you two stress tokens but the reading seems correct)

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

alg posted:

It would be boring as heck. They've said they want to keep ships different.

In what world does "different" mean "two mod slots and two EPT slots are both worth 0 points?" There's no way that the Royal Guard title and Test Pilot are equal.

e; vvv

alg posted:

I don't really know what this post means, but the post I replied to was suggesting giving the test pilot to TIE Interceptors straight up. Which would mean they aren't different.

You apparently think that giving A-wings a second EPT slot is merely "different" from giving Interceptors a second mod slot, as opposed to "vastly more powerful, especially for a cost of 0 points, and thus something that should be addressed."

Lemon-Lime fucked around with this message at 00:12 on Oct 16, 2014

alg
Mar 14, 2007

Lemon Curdistan posted:

In what world does "different" mean "two mod slots and two EPT slots are both worth 0 points?" There's no way that the Royal Guard title and Test Pilot are equal.

I don't really know what this post means, but the post I replied to was suggesting giving the test pilot to TIE Interceptors straight up. Which would mean they aren't different.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

So the new FAQ agreed on the interpretation of my play group regarding a friendly ship being within range 1 of itself. :D this means you won't have to take the falcon upgrade anymore and Han, b(Jan), z might be the preferred new list.

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Matter of fact, I'm salty now.
There's not really any other cards that are affected by this, I think everything else has 'another' written in the card text.

I'm not mega happy with Rebel Aces, if only because Imperial Aces seems fairly lacklustre now in comparison. There's a couple of solid cards and combos but Rebel Aces seems to be made of gold.

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

There must have been someone at FFG that really liked the A-Wing for the amount of love it got. Also, two extremely solid pilots, one with probably the best ability in the game so far.

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Tekopo posted:

There must have been someone at FFG that really liked the A-Wing for the amount of love it got. Also, two extremely solid pilots, one with probably the best ability in the game so far.

In Imperial Aces?

I mean Carnor Jax is alright, certainly up there with good pilots but I wouldn't say he's the best.
:downs:

e: Clarification for Biggs Darklighter

quote:

If the attacker has more than one weapon
available, it must use a weapon that can
target Biggs Darklighter, if possible, instead of
any other ship at Range 1 of Biggs Darklighter.

RIP torpedoes/missiles

Recoome fucked around with this message at 22:11 on Oct 15, 2014

alg
Mar 14, 2007

I think he meant Jake Farrel dude

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Yeah, rereading I think I totally missed the point

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Tekopo posted:

So with the PtL changes, if I have Jake in an A-wing, I can focus, get a free barrel roll/boost, PtL off the free action, then PtL off the focus? (I mean, it would give you two stress tokens but the reading seems correct)

No you can only PTL once per round.

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

zVxTeflon posted:

No you can only PTL once per round.
Ah yes, I missed the "Once per Round".

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Theyre just trying to clarify the order of operations with PTL and other stress causing actions like Expert Handling and Daredevil.

dogsarentdangerous
Aug 11, 2008
I'm going to babbies first tourney this Saturday (I have 2 friendly games under my belt), and whilst I know I'm going to embarrass myself, I don't want to face plant too hard.

Finances mean I'm restricted to what I already have with maybe one more small (£12 - starfighter) expansion (depending on local availability).

I'm thinking this:

Gold Squadron pilot(Y-Wing) + Ion turret (23)
Red Squadron pilot (X-Wing) + Proton Torpedoes (27)
Red Squadron pilot (X-Wing) + Proton Torpedoes (27)

But this is very low pilot skill and could be butchered quickly. The advantage is I don't need to spend any money to put it together.

An alternative is:

Luke Skywalker (X-Wing) + Elusiveness + R2 Astromech (31)
Red Squadron pilot (X-Wing) (23)

With this build we have Luke, staying alive for a long time, hopefully shooting things before they can trash me.

Can any of you guys think of a better build for 2 x core, 2 x Y-Wing expansions?

Perhaps a Luke, Biggs, named Y-wing pilot?

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you
I'd take the alternate list but pull everything off Luke and give both your Y-Wings R2 units instead. You can either then stay at 99 points for an initiative bid or strip the R2s to turn the Red into Biggs or a Gold into a Grey. I don't know what Biggs would really bring, I think the Y-Wings going from 2 green maneuvers to 8 is much more useful.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

Lemon Curdistan posted:

You apparently think that giving A-wings a second EPT slot is merely "different" from giving Interceptors a second mod slot, as opposed to "vastly more powerful, especially for a cost of 0 points, and thus something that should be addressed."

Well, you're half right. All of this awesome A-Wing stuff coming out is addressing the fact that A-Wings were hideously over-costed for the longest time.

dogsarentdangerous
Aug 11, 2008

adamantium|wang posted:

I'd take the alternate list but pull everything off Luke and give both your Y-Wings R2 units instead. You can either then stay at 99 points for an initiative bid or strip the R2s to turn the Red into Biggs or a Gold into a Grey. I don't know what Biggs would really bring, I think the Y-Wings going from 2 green maneuvers to 8 is much more useful.

Thats an interesting idea, deffo tempted but I'm not sure how many red maneuvers I would be pulling with turreted ships. I picked up the X-wing expansion today, so will swap Luke for Wedge with swarm tactics I think, meaning he can drag a rookie along behind him.

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you
Wedge is very good and boosting a Rookie is a solid idea, just be aware that people will be gunning for him early on. The R2 units are really if you have some points lying around and their main benefit is letting you K-turn with your Y-Wings without them having a big neon sign over their heads saying "I'm doing a 1 or 2 Straight next turn". Post here and let us know how you go :)

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

Thinking about going to a game shop and playing.

I'm really digging the interceptor/phantom combo I have going but I'm debating on making a team of A wings and B wings. Or would a AA BY combo work out decently?

KO Derf
Jan 14, 2003

Doctor Rope

Soulex posted:

Thinking about going to a game shop and playing.

I'm really digging the interceptor/phantom combo I have going but I'm debating on making a team of A wings and B wings. Or would a AA BY combo work out decently?

Imperial methadone (AABBB) was a good list for a while. It suffers now with the prevalence of predator, but with the reduced cost of the A now, maybe something can be done to beef it up.
I've never run AABY myself so I can't really comment on its viability.

Shrieking Muppet
Jul 16, 2006
So dumb question but me and my friend are wondering if their is a list where the bwing works better? Every game me or him have run it in we both have found it gets killed very quickly.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

It lives longer when Biggs protects it or a falcon is present. Other than that it does very well with advanced sensors and thoughtful asteroid placement.

alg
Mar 14, 2007

Ezekiel_980 posted:

So dumb question but me and my friend are wondering if their is a list where the bwing works better? Every game me or him have run it in we both have found it gets killed very quickly.

Chewbacca (42)
C-3PO (3)
Millennium Falcon (1)

Dagger Squadron Pilot (24)
Advanced Sensors (3)

Dagger Squadron Pilot (24)
Advanced Sensors (3)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dogsarentdangerous
Aug 11, 2008

adamantium|wang posted:

Wedge is very good and boosting a Rookie is a solid idea, just be aware that people will be gunning for him early on. The R2 units are really if you have some points lying around and their main benefit is letting you K-turn with your Y-Wings without them having a big neon sign over their heads saying "I'm doing a 1 or 2 Straight next turn". Post here and let us know how you go :)

It was a disaster! 5 rounds played, lost everything without killing anything twice, a 100 – 24 loss, a 100 – 30ish loss and a modified loss 54 – 18.

The list really seemed to lack fire power, and against most of my opponents the ion turrets never even landed a hit, and even when they did the people I was playing against seemed a lot better at handling it than I was in test games. Next month I will be taking a lighter, shootier list, maybe A-wings or Interceptors.

I am also going to write “Actions” in black marker on the back of my hand so I see it when moving my ships, as having to be reminded by your opponent is just embarrassing.

Thanks for all your tips!

• Locked thread