Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP
I also feel like my players can't score at the basket at all yet the cpu scores at will in the post. Like I have an open cut to the basket and I run in to hit a lay up and the lay up rolls off the rim for whatever reason. Like posting up on Brandon Jennings with my Center should yield positive results but it they nope.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Strawberry Panda posted:

I also feel like my players can't score at the basket at all yet the cpu scores at will in the post. Like I have an open cut to the basket and I run in to hit a lay up and the lay up rolls off the rim for whatever reason. Like posting up on Brandon Jennings with my Center should yield positive results but it they nope.

I especially notice it on putback attempts, which the CPU drains them and my guys clank it.

eleven extra elephants
Feb 16, 2007

Menschliches! Allzumenschliches!!
I cannot hit a jump shot for the life of me, think I've pumped about 7 points into shooting. Although at least crossovers and stuff actually work properly this year so I've been making more layups than anything.

Hot Dog Day #82
Jul 5, 2003

Soiled Meat
Many are the time when my A+ three pointers have bounced or rolled off the rim. Nothing cuts worse than a perfect shot that fails and results in a turnover and a slam dunk :(

Chris de Sperg
Aug 14, 2009

If y'all are playing the game on Hall of Fame then here's my suggestion: don't do that

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Lockback posted:

I find it a lot easier to play as the center and not play on-ball constantly. But if you are a wing in myPlayer then you really gotta pay attention. Don't body up all the time, give a gap unless it looks like they are in shooting position. Block the lanes when playing offball and don't let them make free cuts. Use the "intense D" when needed, but don't just hold it down. Generally it's better to not bite on any moves and be a little behind than reacting to one move and getting blown by.

Superstar players are really hard to guard, just like in real life.

Thank you x 1000 for this advice. I just blew out the Pistons with my lovely Domination team lead by the scoring tandem of Elfrid Payton and Steve Novak. Also I love using Gobert in this game because his arms are so loving long. Box out and pull down every rebound.

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

So the Suns just randomly began starting my 7 foot center at shooting guard but I still play a lot of minutes at center too. The first game this happened was against the Rockets. What a nightmare.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Alfred P. Pseudonym posted:

So the Suns just randomly began starting my 7 foot center at shooting guard but I still play a lot of minutes at center too. The first game this happened was against the Rockets. What a nightmare.

:laffo: I bet guarding harden was fun.

Faxanadu
Apr 18, 2003

Any 'court in a storm

wtfmoses
Dec 21, 2004

Get serias
This game is the worst for jump shooting out of any 2k I've played in 10 years.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

wtfmoses posted:

In what way?

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007

My unathletic PF starts at SF for the Hawks. I got torched by Gerald Green. Then Kevin Durant.

I dunked all over Ibaka, though.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Made the playoffs in year two with the Wolves (admittedly the team is basically nothing like the current one) in myGM :toot:

Then I started the offseason and a bunch of players that retired in the last two years are now available as coaches. I was super tempted to go with KG but Tim Duncan was available too and he's got A+ potential compared to KG's C-.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

wtfmoses posted:

Do you mean in that it's way too easy to hit shots if you have even a little bit of space?

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Also what is funny is that in 2k ' s of the past the computer would hit bullshit threes all the time. Now they hardly attempt 3's.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Man I don't even understand why they put some songs into this game if half of it is going to be bleeped. Drop It Like It's Hot is unlistenable, I mean they loving bleep the word Crip. I remember a Madden soundtrack a few years back bleeped the word 'drugs'.

There needs to be an adult filter in these games so you can actually make the already crappy soundtrack standable.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
I really wish someone would make the old Bill Russell and Adam Silver models from the trophy ceremony playable. Does anyone know where to download user made players to the free agent pool?

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Doltos posted:

There needs to be an adult filter in these games so you can actually make the already crappy soundtrack standable.

I'm pretty sure there's a toggle in the options to turn the music off :v:

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

Doltos posted:

Man I don't even understand why they put some songs into this game if half of it is going to be bleeped. Drop It Like It's Hot is unlistenable, I mean they loving bleep the word Crip. I remember a Madden soundtrack a few years back bleeped the word 'drugs'.

Grindin is a good song and most of the rest are inoffensive. I had to turn off the music in 2k11 (the last one I played) because I got so loving tired of Drake.

Chris de Sperg
Aug 14, 2009

Grindin is a good song and most of the rest are inoffensive. I had to turn off the music in 2k11 (the last one I played) because I got so loving tired of Drake.
Yeah but then you get this eerie ambient air conditioning noise whenever you're on a menu screen or on Blacktop or whatever

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

I usually listen to podcasts or other music when I play 2k. I do like the Strafe song. At least there's no Coldplay on the Playlist this year. Also in 2k13 they muted the word "suicide" in Mercy during the line Kanye says "put the suicide doors up/ doing suicides in the tour bus/ doing suicides in the private jet/ know what that means I'm fly to death." None of those instances of the word suicide actually mean the act of killing one's self.

Anyway anyone have advice on how to get more points I domination? I can pull down like 550 with a cast of crappy players but I'm wondering if even with good players anything the Lakers and beyond is tough.

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
In Scenario they censor "head for the border, go get a taco," fer christ's sake

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Strawberry Panda posted:

Anyway anyone have advice on how to get more points I domination? I can pull down like 550 with a cast of crappy players but I'm wondering if even with good players anything the Lakers and beyond is tough.
I think I posted before, but get as many fast break+assist+layup+made shot combos as you can. Post move scores count a lot, but you risk not getting the assist. Assist on every shot. Get the other team to shoot as fast as possible by pressing or double teaming. If you trust your offense enough you can even let them score to get the ball back faster. As an extension of that, crash the offensive glass as O rebounds count a lot too, if they beat you back for a layup, oh well. Make all your free throws.

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007
Anyone want to try to play some tonight? Either The Park or just a regular matchup? I've yet to play an online game outside of a couple games in The Park with random dudes

http://steamcommunity.com/id/trillberg/

ii oh el
Jan 9, 2007

I have a PG in mycareer in his second season, and I have a couple of questions. What does the red pulsing circle beneath my player mean? Also, what are some of the best beginner skill moves to learn? Currently all I know how to do is mash the stick and hope it all works out.

Inside Outside
Jul 31, 2005

The player generation could probably use some work. In addition to a glut of players with shaved heads sporting sideburns, I just drafted a 7'3" white guy with blonde cornrows, a neckbeard, and a severe underbite. On the plus side he's easily my favorite Duke player of all time, real or otherwise.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

Inside Outside posted:

The player generation could probably use some work. In addition to a glut of players with shaved heads sporting sideburns, I just drafted a 7'3" white guy with blonde cornrows, a neckbeard, and a severe underbite. On the plus side he's easily my favorite Duke player of all time, real or otherwise.

You just don't understand 2015 fashions

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Inside Outside posted:

So a taller Andrew Luck with cornrows then?

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

The Glumslinger posted:

I'll mention it, but our server guys have some bigger fish to fry at the moment.

Hey, so, the 2k guys on twitter are talking about a patch coming to consoles within a few days, but of course haven't mentioned the PC version at all. Please God tell me it's coming to PC since it's supposed to fix the issue I'm having apparently!

If we don't get any patches or roster updates or anything again I'm gonna be sad as hell.

Faxanadu
Apr 18, 2003

hopterque posted:

Hey, so, the 2k guys on twitter are talking about a patch coming to consoles within a few days, but of course haven't mentioned the PC version at all. Please God tell me it's coming to PC since it's supposed to fix the issue I'm having apparently!

If we don't get any patches or roster updates or anything again I'm gonna be sad as hell.

Well custom rosters should be easy enough to come by on the PC version at least

natsea
May 31, 2005
Edit: Mycareer player magically reappeared after turning the game on and off a few times.

natsea fucked around with this message at 04:51 on Oct 16, 2014

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
If you're doing League make sure you set the thing to franchise mode instead of season. I made that mistake and my meticulously crafted 76ers team that just won the championship is now a useless file.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Redgrendel2001 posted:

Pretty sure Myplayer is going to physically fight Dante Exum at some point.

Also, Glum are they going to fix the problem with preset last names registering as "foul language"? That's a pretty ridiculous glitch.

Can you list a few of the names that are having problems?

Lucky Samurai
Oct 4, 2011

Being jaded about something is so cool. You're just as useless as everybody else, but you get to be irritating and bitter about it.

Stevie Lee posted:

Anyone want to try to play some tonight? Either The Park or just a regular matchup? I've yet to play an online game outside of a couple games in The Park with random dudes

http://steamcommunity.com/id/trillberg/

Sent you an invite

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

Doltos posted:

If you're doing League make sure you set the thing to franchise mode instead of season. I made that mistake and my meticulously crafted 76ers team that just won the championship is now a useless file.

So on this topic, one thing I always do is fantasy serpentine drafts. This year I wanted to play the Bulls with the cheapest roster that would reasonably compete, so really have on the rookies. I did Franchise mode first before switching to myGM and there is a WORLD of difference in how the CPU drafts.

In Franchise, they pretty much shoot for "Best Roster this year", largely ignoring salary and not really putting a premium on rookies. In myGM they put a lot more premium on low-salary players and rookies, somewhat ridiculously. Guys like Ray Allen and Steve Nash (who were both listed with contracts around the mini-MLE) were still available in the 8th and 9th round despite being decent players in NBA 2k.

Anyway, thought that was interesting that the CPU changes strategies between Franchise and myGM....

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Lockback posted:

So on this topic, one thing I always do is fantasy serpentine drafts. This year I wanted to play the Bulls with the cheapest roster that would reasonably compete, so really have on the rookies. I did Franchise mode first before switching to myGM and there is a WORLD of difference in how the CPU drafts.

In Franchise, they pretty much shoot for "Best Roster this year", largely ignoring salary and not really putting a premium on rookies. In myGM they put a lot more premium on low-salary players and rookies, somewhat ridiculously. Guys like Ray Allen and Steve Nash (who were both listed with contracts around the mini-MLE) were still available in the 8th and 9th round despite being decent players in NBA 2k.

Anyway, thought that was interesting that the CPU changes strategies between Franchise and myGM....

When I did a myleague fantasy draft the CPU would not touch the older players and would instead take cheap rookies. Tim Duncan with a 90 overall ranking became a 3rd rounder.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

hopterque posted:

The patch will be coming for PC at about the same time

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

The Glumslinger posted:

The patch will be coming for PC at about the same time

Yeah, they just announced it on twitter. I was worried we were gonna get the short end of the stick like we had every other year, since there was basically radio silence about the PC patch until now.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf
Speaking of the PC patch, are people still seeing crashes on PC? Can you post your specs if you are?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Strawberry Panda posted:

When I did a myleague fantasy draft the CPU would not touch the older players and would instead take cheap rookies. Tim Duncan with a 90 overall ranking became a 3rd rounder.

Yeah my bench is almost always Nash/Allen/Garnett. Doesn't make a lot of sense considering these guys have reasonably cheap expiring contracts that the CPU won't even think about touching. On the flip side you can't hope to get Embiid or Wiggins in the latter half of the second round which makes team building kind of interesting if you're planning on a young corps of players.

Also Hunter by Pharrell Williams sounds a bit rapey.

• Locked thread