Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE

RareAcumen posted:

Since you didn't hide their names I'm going to assume that you know those people? Or is it just a public page?

Public page. I don't bother hiding names on public pages unless that's against etiquette?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I Killed GBS
Jun 2, 2011

by Lowtax
#jackthompsonwasright

cage-free egghead
Mar 8, 2004

Pope Mobile posted:

I thought I'd culled it all from my wall.

I fear the day when it's "honorable" to repost an image with some bullshit statistic trying to guilt trip gullible people. As if hitting the "Share" button is a difficult part of a person's day. ARE WILL WILL NEVER STOP

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
http://i.imgur.com/nr2bb6c.png :nws:

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008

Reminds me of this song by Body Count that still has racist morons bitching in the comment sections of Body Count videos over 20 years later:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FIGAZnk5Iwo

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Tracula posted:

Public page. I don't bother hiding names on public pages unless that's against etiquette?

I was gonna ask you to call them out on it somehow if you knew them is all. :shobon:

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

There's a haint in the foothills of NC; the haint of the #3 chevy. The rich have formed a holy alliance to exorcise it but they'll never fucking catch him.

loving hell this girl keeps posting pictures of 2nd degree burns she got on her feet. I don't wanna see that poo poo

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

Possibly Chicken posted:

loving hell this girl keeps posting pictures of 2nd degree burns she got on her feet. I don't wanna see that poo poo

Pics w/ comments or it doesn't count.

Big_Gulps_Huh
Nov 7, 2006
Where are my hooks?

I was going to make a joke about grain futures but gave it up and posted it here.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

HoogieChooChoo posted:

I was going to make a joke about grain futures but gave it up and posted it here.

Yeah, you should just put that joke out to pasture.

Big_Gulps_Huh
Nov 7, 2006
Where are my hooks?

I mean what I said was kind of snarky I guess but drat ladies...

Edit: I tried gardening for the first time this year and that poo poo is loving hard. A lot of people I know want to "start farming" but none of them even know what the 4H is and have no idea how hard it is. I'm in ecosystems management and things like rangeland management take a lot more than people ever seem to give it credit for. It's just something that the poor dumb farmer does for pennies, while these city-folk will turn it into a self sustaining business!

Big_Gulps_Huh has a new favorite as of 06:25 on Oct 16, 2014

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

HoogieChooChoo posted:

I mean what I said was kind of snarky I guess but drat ladies...

Edit: I tried gardening for the first time this year and that poo poo is loving hard. A lot of people I know want to "start farming" but none of them even know what the 4H is and have no idea how hard it is. I'm in ecosystems management and things like rangeland management take a lot more than people ever seem to give it credit for. It's just something that the poor dumb farmer does for pennies, while these city-folk will turn it into a self sustaining business!

This guy is literally Gob Bluth

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Nikaer Drekin posted:

The important thing to know about Ebert's reviews was that he judged movies based on what category they fit into. It wouldn't make a lot of sense to rank a superhero movie at the same artistic level as, say, Schindler's List, since they're both trying to accomplish completely different things. So a four-star review from him didn't mean "the greatest of films, exceptional high art", but rather that it excelled at what it set out to do.

That's more insulting that giving something a bad review. It's like awarding an A for effort.

And racial profiling.

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

HoogieChooChoo posted:

Is the amazing realization that owning property is always a good idea? I think I've heard that somewhere before?

robotsinmyhead
Nov 29, 2005

Dude, they oughta call you Piledriver!

Clever Betty
A rare glimpse in the economics of the world at large:

Corporations use the collective labor of large numbers of people to create wealth, then take most of it for themselves.

People use the collective labor of a large numbers of bees to create honey, then take most of it for themselves.

Who is the real monster!?

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

The bees.

Islam is the Lite Rock FM
Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

RFC2324 posted:

The bees.

Regular ol honey bees aren't bad. The true monsters of society are the wasps.

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.

robotsinmyhead posted:

A rare glimpse in the economics of the world at large:

Corporations use the collective labor of large numbers of people to create wealth, then take most of it for themselves.

People use the collective labor of a large numbers of bees to create honey, then take most of it for themselves.

Who is the real monster!?

This guy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZCwlCYyom9s

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

sassassin posted:

That's more insulting that giving something a bad review. It's like awarding an A for effort.

And racial profiling.

I, what? No, it's nothing like that. Let me put it to you this way, if you're taking an economics class should the final exam not only be a test of your knowledge of economics, but also be graded on your knowledge of bio-chemistry and Women's Lit? Of course not, that would be retarded. Econ classes test you on your knowledge of economics, BioChem on bio-chemistry, and so on so on so forth. Same thing with movies, what makes a good action movie is different than what makes a good drama. Enter the Dragon and Citizen Kane are both fantastic movies for wildly different reasons.

Trevor Scantron
Nov 6, 2009
But Enter the Dragon is just a remake of Citizen Kane.

54 40 or fuck
Jan 4, 2012

No Yanda's allowed
I always found it to be a spiritual successor.

grate deceiver
Jul 10, 2009

Just a funny av. Not a redtext or an own ok.
Enter the Dragon is the videogame of Citizen Kanes

Pulsedragon
Aug 5, 2013

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009

Jesus. This is just asking for bad karma or whatever the poo poo.

swampland
Oct 16, 2007

Dear Mr Cave, if you do not release the bats we will be forced to take legal action

Pope Mobile posted:

I thought I'd culled it all from my wall.

God cancer you're such a dummy! It's like "Hello earth to cancer I'm trying to live over here!"

Amused to Death
Aug 10, 2009

google "The Night Witches", and prepare for :stare:

:byodame:

"If only they'd let us regular people run things" *dies from ebola after not doing what the smarty pants as the CDC told them to do*

old bean factory
Nov 18, 2006

Will ya close the fucking doors?!
Haha yeah no. People get flown home when there's the slightest suspicion that they have contracted it and get isolated for weeks to check for symptoms. Pink even knew this, but just failed to take the logical leap forward.

A friend of a friend is really into alternative medicine especially reflexology. I'm not sure if this was the best person to quote:

senrath
Nov 4, 2009

Look Professor, a destruct switch!

Didn't Jobs die because he trusted pseudo-science and quackery instead of actual medicine?

vxsarin
Oct 29, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT MY AP WIRE PHOTOS

senrath posted:

Didn't Jobs die because he trusted pseudo-science and quackery instead of actual medicine?

that's the joke

Soviet Commubot
Oct 22, 2008

Amused to Death posted:

:byodame:

"If only they'd let us regular people run things" *dies from ebola after not doing what the smarty pants as the CDC told them to do*

I wasn't aware that most of Africa had Ebola. Huh.

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

pretty fucking embarrassing to watch

Pukestain Pal posted:

that's the joke

you're posting in pyf, no one gets jokes here

MyFaceBeHi
Apr 9, 2008

I was popular, once.

Soviet Commubot posted:

Don't you know? Africa is just one big country full of black foreign dirty people living in sewers and AIDS or something and it's still the 1980s! Ignore those dumb sheeple who say that nearly 5,000 people have died in 4 countries in the continent of Africa because obviously they are fed lies by the Government and big pharma or whatever! :downs:

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Get an antibiotic or something against that virus! It's so simple!

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

Small Frozen Thing posted:

#jackthompsonwasright

Lord almighty if anybody knew THIS is how "video games cause violence" was going to turn out down the line, i woulden't blame them for banning my vidya games :(

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you
My understanding of not contracting ebola is this:
Don't put any blood or bodily fluids that came out of an infected person's eyes, mouth, nose, sex organs or anus into your own eyes, mouth, nose, sex organs or anus.

That's a pretty good everyday policy to have around strangers, even when they don't have ebola.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Soviet Commubot posted:

Well it's not that big of a country, and it's all deserts and jungles populated only by nomadic tribes and rapist warlords, so it's no wonder the whole place filled with ebola right away. 8000 people infected? That has to be like, 90% of the population, right?*

*I bet there are people who believe exactly this

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Picnic Princess posted:

Well it's not that big of a country, and it's all deserts and jungles populated only by nomadic tribes and rapist warlords, so it's no wonder the whole place filled with ebola right away. 8000 people infected? That has to be like, 90% of the population, right?*

*I bet there are people who believe exactly this

It's not that big. Look there! It's the size of greenland. :downs:

Seabhac
Sep 12, 2009

I read this as "massage the rapists" and was just so confused:ohdear:

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Amused to Death posted:

To be fair, according to the Ebola thread in GBS, pretty much nobody in first world countries is listening to the CDC anyway. Spain made a pressure-negative containment room and then didn't wear appropriate biohazard gear. Some medgoon also mentioned how the infected nurse from the hospital in Texas was wearing a makeshift hazamt suit that was only appropriate for infections much less dangerous and virulent than ebola.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sionistic
Apr 22, 2008

We don't need your money!

The White Dragon posted:

To be fair, according to the Ebola thread in GBS, pretty much nobody in first world countries is listening to the CDC anyway. Spain made a pressure-negative containment room and then didn't wear appropriate biohazard gear. Some medgoon also mentioned how the infected nurse from the hospital in Texas was wearing a makeshift hazamt suit that was only appropriate for infections much less dangerous and virulent than ebola.

She said something to the effect of it didnt make sense that she had to wear 2 sets of gloves, a suit, a total face mask, etc. but have 2-3 inches of neck exposed.

• Locked thread