Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ultigonio
Oct 26, 2012

Well now.
Some updates to the OP regarding release dates (three games added, Stealth Inc 2 pushed back by a week):

quote:

Lone Survivor - October 16th
Stealth Inc 2 - October 30th
The Swapper - November 6th
Thomas Was Alone - Late November

Ultigonio fucked around with this message at 00:12 on Oct 16, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Is that third kart supposed to be anything? I know it's from the DS Mario kart or something but I mean is it a reference or a neat design I'm not understanding, or is it just "weird flat kart"?

Long John Power
Sep 11, 2001

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

Tender Bender posted:

Is that third kart supposed to be anything? I know it's from the DS Mario kart or something but I mean is it a reference or a neat design I'm not understanding, or is it just "weird flat kart"?

It was Mario's main kart in MKDS, nothing more interesting about it than that. To be honest I found its announcement a bit disappointing. :(

PrBacterio
Jul 19, 2000
That's not a death stare, Luigi, what are you even doing :mad:

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Smash Luigi doesn't conform to Luigi's typical personality or his new merciless arsehole personality, he's the third branch of the Luigi timeline.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

Hello welcome to my Tropical Freeze review: if you wait in a barrel for too long they'll poke their little heads out. Also there's a gramophone that plays the DKC intro. 10/10.

The Machine
Dec 15, 2004
Rage Against / Welcome to

oddium posted:

Hello welcome to my Tropical Freeze review: if you wait in a barrel for too long they'll poke their little heads out. Also there's a gramophone that plays the DKC intro. 10/10.

gently caress why didn't I buy this game when it was only $30.

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Smash Luigi doesn't conform to Luigi's typical personality or his new merciless arsehole personality, he's the third branch of the Luigi timeline.

It took three games for Smash Luigi to be on-model and have the right voice.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

I'm pretty sure the Mario Bros. bible shows that there's only the Mama Luigi timeline and the Ghostbusters timeline. MK8 is at the end of the Ghostbusters timeline after his adventures in hell where he essentially reenacted the plot of Bayo 2 with Mario once again having his soul stolen.

Discount Viscount
Jul 9, 2010

FIND THE FISH!

FALCO PUNCH!

japtor
Oct 28, 2005

Help Im Alive posted:

NoE tweeted this and it's great

I'm not sure I like that more than what could have been:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ejxyt5zYdps

Tender Bender posted:

Not a big fan of it myself either (at least how it looks in MK DS), but it's a reference to/based on old F1 cars.

Edit: thinking about it that way the box art looks like a reference to the races back when drivers ran to their cars at the start of a race.

japtor fucked around with this message at 02:22 on Oct 16, 2014

Linear Zoetrope
Nov 28, 2011

A hero must cook

Patch notes:

* Made it so Falcon Punch summons a level 9 CPU Falco ally.

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

1001 spikes apparently doesn't have support for Wiimote controllers - just the Wii Pro and the gamepad. gently caress me, that's pretty much a dealbreaker.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

Narcissus1916 posted:

1001 spikes apparently doesn't have support for Wiimote controllers - just the Wii Pro and the gamepad. gently caress me, that's pretty much a dealbreaker.

Wiimote controllers don't really have enough buttons. You need two jump buttons and an attack button. You don't wanna use B for that poo poo.

Capsaicin
Nov 17, 2004

broof roof roof
Planning on getting a WiiU soon. Is there a way to transfer save files from my Wii to my Wii U? My Wii is currently soft-modded if that affects anything :\

Edit: Nevermind, apparently the answer is simply "SD Card". I'm dumb.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

Capsaicin posted:

Planning on getting a WiiU soon. Is there a way to transfer save files from my Wii to my Wii U? My Wii is currently soft-modded if that affects anything :\

Get the transfer app from the Wii Shop on your Wii and on the Wii U, go into Wii Mode and start the transfer tool that's already installed there. Follow the instructions on both ends and watch Pikmin carry your data. It will not carry over any homebrew stuff and essentially leave it alone.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
Do a nand backup of your wii first and after the transfer, re-flash the backup and it'll be like you never did the transfer on the wii itself. all the stuff it moves will still be there.

I tried to do this but some part of the internet connections during the transfers refused to ever work so I said gently caress it.

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine

oddium posted:

It's insanely good.

sulphix
Dec 15, 2008
I've heard that Tropical Freeze outdoes Returns in just about every way. Is this true? I played most of Returns and found pretty drat entertaining, on similar ground to DKC2. 64 left a bad taste in my mouth, Returns washed it out. In a debate for what I get after Bayonetta 2. Donkey Kong, Mario 3D world, or Hyrule Warriors. This usually isn't a problem for me, but there's so much good exclusive poo poo on the Wii U now it's ridiculous.

All Frogs
Sep 18, 2014

sulphix posted:

I've heard that Tropical Freeze outdoes Returns in just about every way. Is this true? I played most of Returns and found pretty drat entertaining, on similar ground to DKC2. 64 left a bad taste in my mouth, Returns washed it out. In a debate for what I get after Bayonetta 2. Donkey Kong, Mario 3D world, or Hyrule Warriors. This usually isn't a problem for me, but there's so much good exclusive poo poo on the Wii U now it's ridiculous.

Tropical Freeze is definitely an improvement over Returns and I liked Returns at lot as well. I would definitely recommend it especially if you're already considering it.

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.
Hyrule Warriors is not really a "good" game, exactly, but I have spent 75 hours playing that game because it's really fun and has an insane amount of content. That's just my two pennies.

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine

sulphix posted:

yeah, it's literally better at completely everything it's possible for a game to be good at.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

RyokoTK posted:

Hyrule Warriors is not really a "good" game, exactly, but I have spent 75 hours playing that game because it's really fun and has an insane amount of content. That's just my two pennies.

I'm not into _____ Warriors stuff enough to get EVERY game that comes out, but I definitely a few each gen for the same reason, just so much fun.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
The Adventure Mode in Hyrule Warriors definetly kicks the poo poo out of the story mode. Definitely getting into it more and also Zant rules.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

"New" merciless personality? Mr. L was part of his personality under the hood all along :tinfoil:

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

JordanKai posted:

The Dutch name is pretty good too. :shepface:

French name is "Destrier de légende" (Legendary Destrier)

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

sulphix posted:

I liked Returns better mainly because Tropical Freeze takes a major step back regarding water levels.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

The Moon Monster posted:

I liked Returns better mainly because Tropical Freeze takes a major step back regarding water levels.

You mean by having them?

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

Man... modern Nintendo is weird.

Especially after Game Freak's recent weird design choices.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Crawfish posted:

Man... modern Nintendo is weird.

Especially after Game Freak's recent weird design choices.

Aonuma posted:

The development team showed me how the Master Cycle races on the track, and I was overwhelmed by how great it looked. (It looked so cool that I also want it to appear in games I work on.

Don't you loving tease us like that, Aonuma :toughguy:.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

The Steampunk Zelda dream rises from the ashes like the legend of the phoenix. :swoon:

an_mutt
Sep 29, 2010

I was,
I am,
and I remain a soldier!

Sworn to dedicate my heart and soul to the restoration of human kind!

Hey, I just heard that Costume Quest 2 is getting released, but my Google-foo sucks and I can't find any UK release details. Is it for the 31st, like the US release?

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

Supercar Gautier posted:

It took three games for Smash Luigi to be on-model and have the right voice.
It took them until the fourth iteration before he did the flailing legs things when he jumped. Get a grip, Sakurai.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Kurtofan posted:

French name is "Destrier de légende" (Legendary Destrier)

Once again French shows itself to be a terrible language.

Jay-V
Nov 8, 2009
So I'm yet another person heavily considering a Wii U and thinking about games I would get. However, I also skipped the Wii entirely (my last system was the GC before I became a poor college student), so I was also wondering what must-have Wii games there are that I could pick up for cheap.

Here are games I'm already interested in, for both Wii U and Wii; mostly into platforming/action but I'm open to other genres. Is there anything I'm missing?

Wii U:
Smash, once it's out
MK8
3D World
Tropical Freeze
Wonderful 101
Pikmin 3
Hyrule Warriors (maybe)
Bayonetta 2 (maybe)
New Super Mario Bros U (If I get this one, I don't need the others, right?)

Wii:
Skyward Sword
Twilight Princess
Metroid Prime remakes
Resident Evil 4 (Is this worth getting if I've played the GC original already?)
Donkey Kong Country Returns (should I get this if I get Tropical Freeze?)
Mario Galaxy 2

Bonus question: Who would you recommend Xenoblade to...is it just a typical JRPG?

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Ditch Skyward Sword, get Hyrule Warriors for sure.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Jay-V posted:

Wii U:
Smash, once it's out
MK8
3D World
Tropical Freeze
Wonderful 101
Pikmin 3
Hyrule Warriors (maybe)
Bayonetta 2 (maybe)
New Super Mario Bros U (If I get this one, I don't need the others, right?)

Whoa there, you want The Wonderful 101 for sure but not decided on Bayonetta 2?

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

Both Super Mario Galaxy games should be on that list.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

virtualboyCOLOR
Dec 22, 2004

Skyward sword is summed up perfectly in Hyrule Warriors so just skip to Warriors.

• Locked thread