Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Little Mac posted:

lmao two people actually give a poo poo about spider-man unlimited

What a buncha maroons (not being sarcastic. cartoon sucked - just like Amazing Friends)

Just because it sucked doesn't mean I shouldn't care for it. :( It was a great awful cartoon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Castomira posted:

Just because I lived through it doesn't mean I care about it.

Hey, don't say bad things about timeless characters like... um... gimme a minute... that guy who looked like the Green Goblin but was good? poo poo Spider-Man Unlimited was bad.

JoylessJester
Sep 13, 2012

Gaz-L posted:

More accurately, it's how Americans with terrible ears for accents mishear an RP pronunciation of 'ma'am'.

Aaaaaahhh. I should of worked this out from context. I'm dumb.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Spider-Gwen is officially called Spider-Gwen and looks to be set in her universe as Latour talked about having the Mary Janes in it as well. I am excited to read that as I loved the one-shot.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
And ugh, they're actually calling the ongoing book "Spider-Gwen".

Seriously guys, "Gwen Stacy: Spider-Woman" or "Adjective Spider-Woman" or something.

Otherwise, I am totally down.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Spider-Gwen is great. That's literally what everyone is and will call it anyway.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Deadpool posted:

Spider-Gwen is great. That's literally what everyone is and will call it anyway.

Besides being a little silly (which, fair enough, comics) it's got the Shazam problem. Inside, everyone's going to call her Spider-Woman.

It'd be like calling the new run of Captain America "FalconCap". Everyone's gonna call Sam that, so why not?

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008
It would be like calling it Captain Falcon which would be awesome and they should totally do that.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Senor Candle posted:

It would be like calling it Captain Falcon which would be awesome and they should totally do that.

...Go on.

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008
How long will it be until Captain Falcon has appeared more in Smash Brothers than in F-Zero games?

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Senor Candle posted:

How long will it be until Captain Falcon has appeared more in Smash Brothers than in F-Zero games?

Halfway there, we need four more Smash Bros. games

Anyway, with Spider-women coming out, using Spider-Woman in the title probably would've made stuff confusing, so i'm all for Spider-Gwen. Now we just need to convince Marvel to change it to Captain Falcon and Captain Falcon & The Mighty Avengers.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Gaz-L posted:

Besides being a little silly (which, fair enough, comics) it's got the Shazam problem. Inside, everyone's going to call her Spider-Woman.

It'd be like calling the new run of Captain America "FalconCap". Everyone's gonna call Sam that, so why not?

Marvel probably doesn't want to confuse idiots with two Spider-Woman books.

Though I guess with Silk getting an ongoing too there's going to be three ongoings with woman of the spidery persuasion, and two of them might even be good!

Myrddin Emrys
Jul 3, 2003

Ho ho ho, Pac-man!

Gaz-L posted:

Waterhaul
Nov 5, 2005

it was a nice post,
you shouldn't have signed it.

Gaz-L posted:

And ugh, they're actually calling the ongoing book "Spider-Gwen".

Seriously guys, "Gwen Stacy: Spider-Woman" or "Adjective Spider-Woman" or something.

Otherwise, I am totally down.

Maybe it'll get renamed once the actual Spider-Woman series last less than 10 issues. They've really built themselves into a corner with that book.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

I am getting too many kicks out of this Spider-verse issue. If you liked any anime in the past twenty years you'll probably find at least one reference in this comic. SP//dr goes to class with the loving cast of Evangelion!

notthegoatseguy
Sep 6, 2005

Oh gently caress, that's Spider-Man: The End from JMS' run.

I really do loving love that jacket costume.

Too bad the main event from Slott will suck. This build up, mostly from writers I'm not familiar with, has been awesome.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Well, at least there'll keep being tie-ins, lets hope Miles & Cartoon Ultimate Spider-man teaming up to save 60's Cartoon Spider-man can measure up.

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Trust me, you are taking this a lot more seriously then I am.
I don't get how anybody can care about the spider-verse at all. The main villain is loving Morlun.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

SirDan3k posted:

I don't get how anybody can care about the spider-verse at all. The main villain is loving Morlun.

All Morlun stuff is mostly staying with Slott, so all the bad stuff's nicely fit together while the rest is alternate Spider-people having little adventures, that much owns.

Suben
Jul 1, 2007

In 1985 Dr. Strange makes a rap album.
I'm going to be really disappointed if Boomerang goes back to being a generic filler thug after Superior Foes instead of the scheming, constant misdirecting scumbag he is in this book.

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008

SirDan3k posted:

Who the gently caress cares? All the side stuff I've read has been pretty neat. Not gonna read the main series though

Suben
Jul 1, 2007

Sp//der was the most anime poo poo ever right down to her having the window seat in class, I loved it. The cameos were amusing too.

Shame she'll probably die or at least won't get an ongoing because they have Spider-Gwen already (which I didn't think was particularly great).

Fred is on
Dec 25, 2007

Riders...
IN SPACE!

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Well, at least there'll keep being tie-ins, lets hope Miles & Cartoon Ultimate Spider-man teaming up to save 60's Cartoon Spider-man can measure up.

Is this really going to be a thing? Please say yes.

I generally enjoyed Edge of Spider-Verse, especially this one, but all of them except the Spider-Gwen one had the problem where they started telling a story, then abruptly veered into the less interesting crossover plot. I wouldn't have minded spending two or three more issues in that weird Marvel-meets-Gainax world.

goldenoreos
Jan 5, 2012

Take care of my animals while I'm gone

Suben posted:

I'm going to be really disappointed if Boomerang goes back to being a generic filler thug after Superior Foes instead of the scheming, constant misdirecting scumbag he is in this book.

If anything he's going to star in his own new series called The Superior Mets.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Fred is on posted:

I generally enjoyed Edge of Spider-Verse, especially this one, but all of them except the Spider-Gwen one had the problem where they started telling a story, then abruptly veered into the less interesting crossover plot. I wouldn't have minded spending two or three more issues in that weird Marvel-meets-Gainax world.

Yeah, Spider-Gwen was pretty much 'here's a pilot issue, and also a panel of crossover at the end'.

And best NGE/Marvel crossover was when Adam Warren decided to mash-up the cast of NGE with the FF for one of the Marvel manga things.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Fred is on posted:

"One story in "Spider-Verse Team-Up" sees Miles Morales and the Spidey from the current "Ultimate Spider-Man" cartoon teaming up to rescue Spider-Man from the 1960s cartoon."
http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=56244

This is why the main stuff with Slott leaves such a bad taste in mouth, over on that side of the crossover is "MORLUN KILLS THE SPIDEY YOU LIKE!" and over on the tie-in side so far it's "Look at these different Spideys having adventures in their interesting universes, ending on meeting more Spideys to team-up with!"

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?

Gaz-L posted:

And best NGE/Marvel crossover was when Adam Warren decided to mash-up the cast of NGE with the FF for one of the Marvel manga things.

The one where Reed explains to the girl in his bed that his power is to stretch his brain, making more connections, therefore letting him think faster? Because the Spider-Man manga with Yu Komori was better than that. 22 blank pages would have been better than that.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Inkspot posted:

The one where Reed explains to the girl in his bed that his power is to stretch his brain, making more connections, therefore letting him think faster? Because the Spider-Man manga with Yu Komori was better than that. 22 blank pages would have been better than that.

You realise basically the whole thing was a joke, right? (Hell, most of Warren's work is pretty tongue-in-cheek) And really, the brain stretching thing is too much for you? I'm fairly sure that's been used in mainstream FF books occasionally.

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
You misunderstood me. Reed's brain stretching was the part that I liked. It was everything else that was the problem. And I actually read Empowered for a few volumes. With my pants on, even.

Castomira
Feb 24, 2011

Fuck you Eva Marie, if you have to be right there next to all of my posts you don't even get to have red hair. You're a dryad now.
:froggonk:

SirDan3k posted:

The beginning of JMS' run on Spider-Man was what got me into the comics, particularly the entire debut arc with Morlun. It had some stupid stuff in it (like that line of dialogue that showed they'd forgotten Ben Reilly existed,) but it really impressed me and I came away liking Morlun.

Having said that, now that the rest of the Inheritors are apparently a thing, I wouldn't particularly mind if the only one of them who ever appeared in a comic again after this arc was Bora. That scene in ASM 8 where she ate the Spider-Tabby was the only fun thing about that half of the issue.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

I really hope SP//dr gets a mini or something down the line, if only to see that universe's JJJ yelling "GET IN THE ROBOT, PARKER!!"

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

I really hope SP//dr gets a mini or something down the line, if only to see that universe's JJJ yelling "GET IN THE ROBOT, PARKER!!"

Since SP//dr takes place in anime-land, I think it's fairly obvious that their JJJ is one of the faceless SEELE panels from Evangelion.

Starsnostars
Jan 17, 2009

The Master of Magnetism
I really enjoyed SP//dr and would totally buy a mini/ongoing by the same creative team. drat Gerard Way for having a very successful non-comics career!

Castomira
Feb 24, 2011

Fuck you Eva Marie, if you have to be right there next to all of my posts you don't even get to have red hair. You're a dryad now.
:froggonk:
SP//dr was one of those comics like Spider-Gwen where I enjoyed it tremendously and reread it a few times. I think the professional relationship Peni had with Anime-Daredevil was my favorite part. I would happily read a miniseries if one were released.

Also, looking through the plot synopses of old What If comics, I noticed that Vol. 2 #31 ended on Mary Jane giving birth to a cosmic Mayday. I wonder if that one is dead yet.

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)
SP//dr was really awesome. I would read an ongoing of this. I spotted Simon from Gurren Lagann as a cameo, too.

radlum
May 13, 2013

Suben posted:

Was that the last issue? I've been dreading the end of Superior Foes for months and that seemed quite final yet I could see it going for one more issue.

I just love Superior Foes; just the idea that Marvel's New York is so full of different criminal organizations to double cross and fight each other was amazing and that scene between MACH IV and Tony Stark was hilarious. I miss the old school Thunderbolts and I would love a comedy take on that team.

EDIT: Just read Edge of Spider-Verse; SP//dr is one cool idea. I don't care much about anime, but Evangelion inspired Spider-Girl with Anime Daredevil as sidekick is very interesting concept. I fear that the more interesting Spider-People are gonna end up eaten by Morlun and we'll lose out on very cool concepts

radlum fucked around with this message at 15:46 on Oct 16, 2014

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

Schneider Heim posted:

SP//dr was really awesome. I would read an ongoing of this. I spotted Simon from Gurren Lagann as a cameo, too.

Also Kaneda from Akira had a cameo. I didn't see the Simon one which is surprising consider how much I love Gurren Lagann.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

SalTheBard posted:

Also Kaneda from Akira had a cameo. I didn't see the Simon one which is surprising consider how much I love Gurren Lagann.

Just before we see the cast of Eva, he's not as obvious, tho.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

radlum posted:

EDIT: Just read Edge of Spider-Verse; SP//dr is one cool idea. I don't care much about anime, but Evangelion inspired Spider-Girl with Anime Daredevil as sidekick is very interesting concept. I fear that the more interesting Spider-People are gonna end up eaten by Morlun and we'll lose out on very cool concepts

I'd say SP//dr is safe because of Gerard Way and Marvel would love to have him do more for them, so wouldn't kill off the first character he created for them. And we know Spider-Gwen is safe too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suben
Jul 1, 2007

Castomira posted:

SP//dr was one of those comics like Spider-Gwen where I enjoyed it tremendously and reread it a few times. I think the professional relationship Peni had with Anime-Daredevil was my favorite part. I would happily read a miniseries if one were released.

Well minis don't really seem to exist anymore for Marvel beyond the rare one here or there. They seem to like going the "maxi-series disguised as an ongoing unless it does well" route.

radlum posted:

Was that the last issue? I've been dreading the end of Superior Foes for months and that seemed quite final yet I could see it going for one more issue.

Next to last. Final issue is next month and has a neat cover that includes Spencer, Lieber, Rachelle Rosenberg (on a poster) and most importantly Boxcat.

I have no clue how Avengers World is but I've liked Superior Foes enough that I'm willing to give Spencer a chance on Ant-Man.

• Locked thread