Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Pureauthor posted:

Hey, you guys, stop being mean to Obright's reincarnation

Huh, wonder if they were actually taking the mickey out of AGE there? All that OTT sparkly shoujo stuff at the end did serve as a nice little parody of Obright and Remi's hilariously overdone (and vaguely creepy) Doomed Gundam Romance, intentionally or otherwise.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Man, Kousaka really loves jet-transformers doesn't he? Little Kousaka was building Saviour Gundam, his next mecha was the Airmaster and the Lightning Gundam is a transforming ReGZ.

sunburnedcrow
Dec 17, 2012
Next episode preview: Gyanko doesn't use a Gyan. What heresy is this?!

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

She uses a Gyan-themed R-Jarja, which is basically an updated Gyan anyways.

(is this even worth spoilering?)

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Galaga Galaxian posted:

She uses a Gyan-themed R-Jarja, which is basically an updated Gyan anyways.

(is this even worth spoilering?)

Well, it's in the OP.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Something to point out from the OP;

That's the Hyaku Shiki, right? Not only was it announced as a kit a little while ago, but it's supposed to have a HGBC Booster too. You'll be able to buy that cannon separately :allears::shepspends:.

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)
My only complaint is that why would Fumina get a Methuss in the flashback, it's a terrible mobile suit! There are tons of yellow ones that are better.

Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

Didn't Quattro already show up in the first season to make fun of Takeshi Iori? That leaves Beecha as the only Hyaku Shiki pilot that hasn't shown up yet.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Level Slide posted:

Didn't Quattro already show up in the first season to make fun of Takeshi Iori? That leaves Beecha as the only Hyaku Shiki pilot that hasn't shown up yet.

No that was Char. Totally different guy.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Schneider Heim posted:

My only complaint is that why would Fumina get a Methuss in the flashback, it's a terrible mobile suit! There are tons of yellow ones that are better.

Aila took down a Devil Gundam with a Jegan, and Reiji kicked rear end with a loving Ball. Fumina may not have been in their league, but I imagine the useless yellow wang-suit could still be pretty dangerous in the right hands.

AtheistMantis
Oct 5, 2014

Schneider Heim posted:

Honestly can't think of many other than that, The O, and I vaguely remember Zanscare having maybe one or two yellow MS.

John Carstairs
Nov 18, 2007
Space Detective
Bring on the new Rig Shokew custom so I can get a model that isn't twenty years old.

Edit: Wait, it's been a while. Were those actually yellow?

John Carstairs fucked around with this message at 03:40 on Oct 16, 2014

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
You're forgetting that this show is all about custom kits. Anything could turn up with a Fumina-yellow paintjob.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Maybe she saw Fa as a role model.

... That's not actually better, is it

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Pureauthor posted:

Well, honestly, if you're a Gundam fangirl, Fa is literally the first heroic Gundam lady to get her own actual robot, even if it is a shitpile. (Sayla's ill-fated Gundamjacking aside.) It's easy to see how you could at least think that was cool.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Pureauthor posted:

But who the hell is her fashion role model? Girl needs to pick up a magazine some day because if the ED is any indication, she is not aware of anything not made of spandex. Maybe Mirai can help her out.

StrifeHira
Nov 7, 2012

I'll remind you that I have a very large stick.
I'd like to remind everyone that she IS supposedly going to scratch-build or heavily modify a SD Gundam into a transformable MS that is also Goldymarg.

Now if only Yuuma's Lightning can turn into a rocket hammer we're set.

John Carstairs
Nov 18, 2007
Space Detective
Just noticed when someone pointed it out elsewhere:

You didn't have any better ranged weapons laying around, guys? :v:

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

John Carstairs posted:

Just noticed when someone pointed it out elsewhere:

You didn't have any better ranged weapons laying around, guys? :v:

That's a GM spray gun, right? A close-range gun makes sense to me :shrug:.

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)
Maybe she just wanted a basic mobile suit to learn Gunpla building and battling. Yellow being her favorite color caught her eye. A competitive gamer would start that way, choose a character/robot that would teach them the basics of the game.

Yuu probably chose the coolest thing on the shelf.

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
:cry::cry:
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!
I want the training episode where they each help one another in the different aspects they excel at to happen already

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

ImpAtom posted:

Well, honestly, if you're a Gundam fangirl, Fa is literally the first heroic Gundam lady to get her own actual robot, even if it is a shitpile. (Sayla's ill-fated Gundamjacking aside.) It's easy to see how you could at least think that was cool.

Didn't Emma get the MK.II first? Also I'm pretty sure Reccoa piloted the Methuss before Fa.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

John Carstairs posted:

Bring on the new Rig Shokew custom so I can get a model that isn't twenty years old.

Edit: Wait, it's been a while. Were those actually yellow?

If I was a Build Fighters character, I'd totally fight using a custom Imperial Rig Shokew, switching weapons to optimize for every fight using the Hardpoints, dressing up like Harry Ord.

I really like the Shokew, ok?

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

One thing I finally noticed while rewatching both episodes is that the Build Burning doesn't seem to have traditional booster thrusters. Instesd it thrusts around using raw Plavsky Particles. What the hell, Sei.

Also that rival(?) Destiny into the OP seemed to have an RG Knuckle style attack, maked me wonder if more Fighters are starting to use Plavsky trickery.

StrifeHira
Nov 7, 2012

I'll remind you that I have a very large stick.

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Also that rival(?) Destiny into the OP seemed to have an RG Knuckle style attack, maked me wonder if more Fighters are starting to use Plavsky trickery.

Plot twist: turns out the reason it can do that is because it's actually the 1/144 Real Grade Destiny kit. :v:

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises

Galaga Galaxian posted:

One thing I finally noticed while rewatching both episodes is that the Build Burning doesn't seem to have traditional booster thrusters. Instesd it thrusts around using raw Plavsky Particles. What the hell, Sei.

Well, if he went to that level of hiding it, it would probably be pretty good at manipulating Plavsky Particles.

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

Galaga Galaxian posted:

I'm now imagining a modded Destiny using its hand beam cannons in conjunction with Plavsky fuckery to fire DBZ-style ki attacks. :goku:

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
I am just so loving happy the Destiny is in a show where it can have a good fight.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
I want the pilot to be a martial artist rival to Sekai and they spend their whole fighting punching each other.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

BlitzBlast posted:

I am just so loving happy the Destiny is in a show where it can have a good fight.

you and me both. The things a beast in the vs series, so I'm hoping it'll get a good fight in animation.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Pureauthor posted:

I want the pilot to be a martial artist rival to Sekai and they spend their whole fighting punching each other.

Then someone with a Turn X shows up and it is just Shining Fingers everywhere.

AfroSquirrel
Sep 3, 2011

Pureauthor posted:

The best thing about the fight this past episode was Sekai realizing that the true weapon of a giant robot isn't its fists...

...it's the feet. The ability to make GESPENT KICKs is what separates the men from the boys!

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

BlitzBlast posted:

Unless it hits one of the budget episodes. :smith:

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

BlitzBlast posted:

If you're lucky you might even get a decent HGBF kit out of it. Probably even two if/when they reuse the mold to make an HGCE version of the original.

Caros
May 14, 2008

BlitzBlast posted:

It is going to get into a kicking war with Sekai and lose badly.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Caros posted:

That would be the best joke/reference they could ever do with it. That or if it has its own leg beam sabers.

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

I really wouldn't mind if this series eschewed gunfights in favor of being G Gundam with plastic models.

Since G-Reco is fair game, I want to see a cameo of that one Grimoire that tried to go Fist of the North Star on the G-Self. :allears:

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

chumbler posted:

But who the hell is her fashion role model? Girl needs to pick up a magazine some day because if the ED is any indication, she is not aware of anything not made of spandex. Maybe Mirai can help her out.

Someone thought that their middle school main character should be stacked as hell and decided to emphasize their great idea.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

AfroSquirrel posted:

The best thing about the fight this past episode was Sekai realizing that the true weapon of a giant robot isn't its fists...

...it's the feet. The ability to make GESPENT KICKs is what separates the men from the boys!
I feel like, if there's ever going to be a time to link this, it's right now.

(Or you can skip right to the best one. Honorable mention goes to and ~4:40 and ~7:45 in video 4, however.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn

ImpAtom posted:

Unless it hits one of the budget episodes. :smith:

That would still be better than what it got in its own show! F91 vs Amazing Exia was lazy as gently caress but it's still the best showing Exia RII has ever had.

Caros posted:

I would unironically love this.

• Locked thread