Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

BlitzBlast posted:

I am just so loving happy the Destiny is in a show where it can have a good fight.

You could always play Dynasty Warriors Gundam 4 and have it obliterate everything in existence 5 different ways.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Bloody Pom posted:

I really wouldn't mind if this series eschewed gunfights in favor of being G Gundam with plastic models.

Since G-Reco is fair game, I want to see a cameo of that one Grimoire that tried to go Fist of the North Star on the G-Self. :allears:

If the G-Self turns up in a tournament fight, I just want Raraiya Monday's VO to scream "GEE!!! GEEE!!!" from the stands for no reason :allears:.

Fyana
Sep 12, 2009

Catgirl IRL

The excited Japanese marker sign says "Build Burning Gundam is not included in this kit.” VERY IMPORTANT TO KNOW!

Edit: Oops, someone told me it was already posted like a week ago. Sorry friends.

Van Dine
Apr 17, 2013

I'm really pleased with Build Fighters Try so far. Fumina is a determined, enthusiastic Gundam goon. I feel as if she reminds me of Sei, only more interesting and with a focus on group combat rather than building. Sekai is an infectiously cheerful and straightforward martial arts fan - which is nice, I like that his main hobby is something that isn't gunpla. And Yuuma rounds them out by being more reserved and insecure, with plenty of opportunities to mock his attempts to look cool and angsty. I like that Yuuma is a sniper type. These three have immense potential for group battles, and I think they're going to work together interestingly. Short range combat, mid range combat, and long range combat seems to be the division between them on the face of it. Mirai seems like a fun, cool character too, from what little we've seen of her.

What I'm really looking forward to is next week and Gyanko. That nickname, that smug expression in the opening sequence. Surely it must herald the best character.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
Mirai is already a lot better than Rinko.

"Sis, I don't get my new friend's friend."

"Well I guess you'll just have to beat the truth out of him."

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

Really hoping they don't gently caress up Gyanko with forced overexposure deadpool style

Also lmao at thinking Yuuma is being played as anything close to a straight dramatic arc. Motherfucker literally was screaming about how nobody understands my paiiiin over tiny plastic robots. This is one of those situations where a good dub is the best way for the melodramedy to illustrate itself.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
I want to know what Gyanko's wingmen will pilot.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

mr. stefan posted:

Really hoping they don't gently caress up Gyanko with forced overexposure deadpool style

Also lmao at thinking Yuuma is being played as anything close to a straight dramatic arc. Motherfucker literally was screaming about how nobody understands my paiiiin over tiny plastic robots. This is one of those situations where a good dub is the best way for the melodramedy to illustrate itself.

That's not what happened, or how it was framed.

They did a straight dramatic arc because that's what they wanted to do, but I'm glad it's out of the way now hopefully and he won't be a dumb goof anymore.

CaptainRat
Apr 18, 2003

It seems the secret to your success is a combination of boundless energy and enthusiastic insolence...

Sharkopath posted:

They did a straight dramatic arc because that's what they wanted to do, but I'm glad it's out of the way now hopefully and he won't be a dumb goof anymore.

Ral is more of a dumb goof, really.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

CaptainRat posted:

Ral is more of a dumb gouf, really.

Fixed for you.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

It's not some incredibly silly story, dude just quit because he lost and it took kung fu to bring him back. None of the musical cues or even the way the characters reacted to him were played for comedy, even though it would have been very simple to make that happen. If you want to read it as comedic that's cool, but it's really just a boring straight story that ties the episode down and takes the place of the actual good light comedy they could have written, like last episode was full of.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Actually it took Fuumina being electro kidnapped now that I think about it... hopefully that's over with too.

I'd like to see Fuumina win for herself, and not get relegated to just transforming into a boxing glove for sekai to use.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Sharkopath posted:

Actually it took Fuumina being electro kidnapped now that I think about it... hopefully that's over with too.

I'd like to see Fuumina win for herself, and not get relegated to just transforming into a boxing glove for sekai to use.

It's not even close to an entire SD Gundam.

At worst, going by the colour scheme, it's mounted onto the SD Winning at the start of the fight and launched from it. (Loophole-ing it around the same theoretical tournament law with the Agrissa turning up mid-fight)

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Neddy Seagoon posted:

At worst, going by the colour scheme, it's mounted onto the SD Winning at the start of the fight and launched from it. (Loophole-ing it around the same theoretical tournament law with the Agrissa turning up mid-fight)

Yeah that's good then.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Sharkopath posted:

It's not some incredibly silly story, dude just quit because he lost and it took kung fu to bring him back. None of the musical cues or even the way the characters reacted to him were played for comedy, even though it would have been very simple to make that happen. If you want to read it as comedic that's cool, but it's really just a boring straight story that ties the episode down and takes the place of the actual good light comedy they could have written, like last episode was full of.

I have seen that sort of thing happen in sports anime before and it's following the same beats here more or less. I think the show is such that if they were going to make fun of it, they would make it pretty obvious.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

BlitzBlast posted:

Mirai is already a lot better than Rinko.

"Sis, I don't get my new friend's friend."

"Well I guess you'll just have to beat the truth out of him."

You take that back. Rinko was rad and totally would have said the same thing.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Both fists look gigantic like they both have add-ons in that shot, so it's possible the Winning splits up and combines with both fists.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Kanos posted:

Both fists look gigantic like they both have add-ons in that shot, so it's possible the Winning splits up and combines with both fists.

The other fist is just ridiculously close to the screen. It's still in Build Burning's colors.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

Literally The Worst posted:

The other fist is just ridiculously close to the screen. It's still in Build Burning's colors.

The Winning has a significant amount of white.

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

Kanos posted:

The Winning has a significant amount of white.
It's literally the Build Burning Gundam's fist close to the screen. Settle down.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

Cat Machine posted:

It's literally the Build Burning Gundam's fist close to the screen. Settle down.

Settle down? :confused:

Pyronic
Oct 1, 2008

ROYAL RAINWHARRGARBL

So its called the Winning Knuckle?

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Pyronic posted:

So its called the Winning Knuckle?

Anyone able to contribute a better translation?

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

It has wheels!? :stare:

I dont know if he's just retweeting something someone did or what. Looks so out of place.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

I'm glad the Boxing glove is comfortable to wear.

Pyronic
Oct 1, 2008

ROYAL RAINWHARRGARBL

Cao Ni Ma posted:

I dont know if he's just retweeting something someone did or what. Looks so out of place.

its a mockup using the Goldlion Hammer gauntlet from GaoGaiGar. He was making a joke about the inspirations for it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U1p-TGPxwRs

HIKARI NI NARE

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat

Cao Ni Ma posted:

I have a feeling he's saying "It'll look something like this!"

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Also the winning gundam has a flight mode and it looks ugly as sin.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Gaining a momentary advantage by distracting your opponent with how stunningly awful you look is a time-tested tactic of any Team Fortress 2 player.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

The only good that'll ever come of that design is that it might include a flyby mech beheading with that razor shield at the bottom.

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

Cao Ni Ma posted:

oh god i love it
i just wanna swoosh it around making jet noises

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn

chumbler posted:

You take that back. Rinko was rad and totally would have said the same thing.

I've been kind of down on Rinko ever since a friend who is an actual housewife who runs a gunpla store pointed out how incredibly dumb it was to be running a shop for several years and not know anything about it.

Wait poo poo, now that I think about it I'm the president of a gunpla club. Oh god does this mean I am also a total creep aaaaaaaah.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

BlitzBlast posted:

I've been kind of down on Rinko ever since a friend who is an actual housewife who runs a gunpla store pointed out how incredibly dumb it was to be running a shop for several years and not know anything about it.

Wait poo poo, now that I think about it I'm the president of a gunpla club. Oh god does this mean I am also a total creep aaaaaaaah.

Quiet, Mantis Man.

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

BlitzBlast posted:

I always got the impression that the whole "Sei is literally always around and is an irrepressible sperglord" thing sort of precluded Rinko having to do anything but work a cash register at the store. Plus nobody ever went there anyway.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

BlitzBlast posted:

Does your vice president have the hots for you?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Cao Ni Ma posted:

If the gaunlet's really called the Winning Knuckle, I bet it has such a lovely flight mode because it's designed to transform multiple ways and the flight mode is kind of a perfunctory attempt.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
I'm actually really hoping that when they come back, they'll be the exhaustingly-in-love-and-also-completely overdramatic couple. It'll be great. :allears:

"I won't let you down, President! I'm going to win for our love!"
"No, Eri! We will win for our love!"
":syoon:"
":swoon:"

Pyronic
Oct 1, 2008

ROYAL RAINWHARRGARBL

Poison Mushroom posted:

I'm actually really hoping that when they come back, they'll be the exhaustingly-in-love-and-also-completely overdramatic couple. It'll be great. :allears:

Maybe They'll be the ones to LOVE LOVE SEKIHA TENKYOKEN

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

The joke would only be complete if he smooths back his hair and goes completely bishie as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat

Poison Mushroom posted:

:barf:

• Locked thread