Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Reiley posted:

Nisha has a skill where after she gets a kill all her bullets start dealing spontaneous explosive damage.

But half the rest of her gun skills want non elemental weapons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

dis astranagant posted:

So, what class does Mr. Torgue the proudest?

Clap Trap gets a action pack that will toss out like a million grenades. It's called Torgue Fiesta. Therefore Clap Trap is the best.

... Oh god what did I just say?

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

wdarkk posted:

How the hell do you get to Sub-Level 13?

And the shock drop pit?

I never found Sub-Level 13 but the shock drop pit I'm pretty sure is over by the basketball court in <whatever zone that was i don't remember>

dis astranagant posted:

So, what class does Mr. Torgue the proudest?

:torgue:Torgue Fiesta:torgue:

Kaustik
Jun 1, 2008

ColHannibal posted:

I know it's a bit of a small group of effected people kinda problem but the game freaks out at 1440P resolution .

Can you better describe the issues that you're experiencing? I've been playing Borderlands 2 and Pre-Sequel with no obvious problems at 2560x1440.

turnways
Jun 22, 2004

Did BL2 have zone-specific Badass Rank achievement things that you only had one shot at per playthrough?

I'm going through the list and seeing a bunch of stuff I can't do anymore, stuff like "destroy a thing before you get the quest to destroy it" and "destroy a thing using something other than your guns," and I can't remember anything in BL2 only giving you one shot per playthrough to do it.

ThePhenomenalBaby
May 3, 2011

turnways posted:

Did BL2 have zone-specific Badass Rank achievement things that you only had one shot at per playthrough?

I'm going through the list and seeing a bunch of stuff I can't do anymore, stuff like "destroy a thing before you get the quest to destroy it" and "destroy a thing using something other than your guns," and I can't remember anything in BL2 only giving you one shot per playthrough to do it.

Defending both turrets as the gate leading to the final zone in vanilla BL2 was one shot only.

Jetamo
Nov 8, 2012

alright.

alright, mate.

Kerrrrrrr posted:

I only got the Meat Unicycle action package like 3 times in the whole 20 hours I played :(

But I did kill like, all of the end game bosses with pirate ship cannonballs so that pretty much made up for it.

Gotta be honest, considering picking Claptrap just because of that. It's the 1812 overture man, I love that poo poo.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

LordHippoman posted:

"Trust us, we learned our lesson about this character!"

:psypop:

I'm the only one who doesn't hate Tiny Tina aint I?

5er
Jun 1, 2000

'Son of a taint,' wasn't funny the first time... and it seems that's the catchphrase they're going to ride on repeatedly.

The irony here is, I never found Claptrap or Tiny Tina annoying.

edit:

Shoehead posted:

:smith::hf::smith:

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
For the hell of it I tried the Japanese version of the game, wondering if the translation improved it at all. It didn't. About the same percentage of the jokes fell flat, which is most of them.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Shoehead posted:

I don't hate her either. She's not the best character in the world but she's not the end-all be-all of terrible writing like people keep jumping on.

ThePhenomenalBaby
May 3, 2011
Are there no localization companies for English to Japanese for the videogame industry? I'd imagine by now something like that would have popped up.

mastersord
Feb 15, 2001

Gold Card Putty Fan Club
Member Since 2017!
Soiled Meat

5er posted:

'Son of a taint,' wasn't funny the first time... and it seems that's the catchphrase they're going to ride on repeatedly.

The irony here is, I never found Claptrap or Tiny Tina annoying.

Shoehead posted:

I'll join this club too. I can't find Claptrap annoying because everyone else in the game finds him annoying which makes me want to shove him in their faces even more until their eyes roll so fast they break the sound barrier!

Edit: Can we get a gun that shoots claptraps?

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

mastersord posted:

I'll join this club too. I can't find Claptrap annoying because everyone else in the game finds him annoying which makes me want to shove him in their faces even more until their eyes roll so fast they break the sound barrier!

Edit: Can we get a gun that shoots claptraps?

I'm surprised they haven't done a voice weapon for Claptrap like that robot weapon in BL2 and the Bogan Chick weapon in this one.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

It's the third time I've played through the main Concordia segment and only just now did I notice Lilith's kickass dance moves :airquote:

I can see now why her relationship with Roland didn't work out.

5er
Jun 1, 2000

My first thought:

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

CJacobs posted:

I did every sidequest and including some extra stuff and standing around, my playthrough took 21 hours. Not bad! I'm gonna play through the game on TVHM too just to see if UVHM is the only unlock after it. Claptrap is so drat fun that I don't want to stop!

I'm really hoping they don't bring back UVHM. If they insist on it, at least make it so you don't die if you get sneezed at and literally all your ammo to kill a boss/badass enemy.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Are there any BL2 save editors that still function for whatever reason? I just wanna give myself a bajillion golden keys and go to town on my Nisha save that I stopped with. Sorry if this got asked already.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

CJacobs posted:

It's the third time I've played through the main Concordia segment and only just now did I notice Lilith's kickass dance moves :airquote:

I can see now why her relationship with Roland didn't work out.

Sweet fancy Moses

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
Have they changed how skill points from class mods worked? Cause I saw a lvl 10 mod for Nisha with the Tombstone skill on it, which is all the way down its tree. Or have class mods always been weird like that?

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

mastersord posted:

I like all the characters! Yay!

I actually like Claptrap a lot more after playing through as him, he's quite a bit more sympathetic. And still funny.

He was always funny. :colbert:

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
I never really cared for Moxxi, to be completely honest. I mean, I don't hate her, but I never really understood why she needed to be in every game since her debut.

Well, she had a funny scene in this game at least.

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

Kaethela posted:

I'm really hoping they don't bring back UVHM. If they insist on it, at least make it so you don't die if you get sneezed at and literally all your ammo to kill a boss/badass enemy.

My friend made the interesting point that there's no slag in this game so there can probably not be a UVHM, which can either be a good thing (no UVHM poo poo) or a bad thing (UVHM anyways but without slag)

Solartide
Oct 3, 2013

by XyloJW
Anyone get a luneshine weapon? This added effect sounds really good, haven't taken the gun to the field yet.

watho
Aug 2, 2013

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

That effect only seems good if you can oneshot people through the shield, otherwise they'll take the same amount of bullets, just in a different order if you get what I mean.

Caros
May 14, 2008

dis astranagant posted:

But half the rest of her gun skills want non elemental weapons.

As far as I can tell the two don't conflict. You still get the notification that these abilites are active when one of the on-kill explosive abilities activates, whereas if you equip an elemental weapon they never show up at all. Which is good, because it'd be really lovely if one ability in a tree negated another one in the same tree.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

CJacobs posted:

Are there any BL2 save editors that still function for whatever reason? I just wanna give myself a bajillion golden keys and go to town on my Nisha save that I stopped with. Sorry if this got asked already.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/944jnyjwivhd2c2/Borderlands2.Profile.Editor.v1.0.1.0.rar

Load your profile.bin, give yourself all the keys you could ever want. Back it up first just in case it goes horribly wrong.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Caros posted:

As far as I can tell the two don't conflict. You still get the notification that these abilites are active when one of the on-kill explosive abilities activates, whereas if you equip an elemental weapon they never show up at all. Which is good, because it'd be really lovely if one ability in a tree negated another one in the same tree.

I mean as in those other abilities prevent me from buying Torgue.

Caros
May 14, 2008

dis astranagant posted:

I mean as in those other abilities prevent me from buying Torgue.

I will admit that is a sad, sad problem.

Sebastian Flyte
Jun 27, 2003

Golly

Caros posted:

Nisha seems almost unfair after playing as Zero and the Gunzerker in borderlands 2. Apart from one boss fight where I didn't get the mechanic at first, I haven't died once to enemy fire. Her active is on a 15 second cooldown (less for me now) and once you get the hang of switching targets, you can generally clear out the entire room in seconds through the iron sights.

I'm at level 10 with Nisha and I haven't died yet. From being killed by enemies, I mean. I've died several times due to circumstances involving vehicles, cliffs, and lava.

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZYlDHpD37IE&t=126s I might not have gotten the time code right.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Neo Helbeast posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZYlDHpD37IE&t=126s I might not have gotten the time code right.

I loving knew there was something up there and now I feel like such a dope for not checking it out. :cripes:

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
This is yet another game with lots and lots of vertical movement but the in-game map is purely two-dimensional. How do developer look at themselves in the mirror after making decisions like that?

Linear Zoetrope
Nov 28, 2011

A hero must cook
Has any game had a semi-decent 3D map other than Metroid Prime?

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
The one in Dead Space is pretty cool. Although that game doesn't have a mini-map.

edit: Oh you mean as in vertical movement and not the actual physical map. Well you can't jump in that game so nevermind.

CJacobs fucked around with this message at 08:37 on Oct 16, 2014

watho
Aug 2, 2013

Has anyone said "the pre-squeakwel" yet?

Eschatos
Apr 10, 2013

pictured: Big Cum's Most Monstrous Ambassador

Jsor posted:

Has any game had a semi-decent 3D map other than Metroid Prime?

Dark Souls

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005
This is, sadly, more important to me than bettering myself.

I was backtracking to the vending machines in the center of the the Hyperion Heroism Hub and I ran into a named Dahl Marine named Corporal Bob. I killed him and he dropped a legendary OZ kit called the 'Ack Ack;' it grants stacks that give damage/fire rate bonuses upon killing flying enemies. It also has a chance to generate 'Flak' around enemies.

If only I had a Flakker. :stare:

watho
Aug 2, 2013

So the Acks give stacks and flakks?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005
This is, sadly, more important to me than bettering myself.

watho posted:

So the Acks give stacks and flakks?

Yacks.

• Locked thread