Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades
I posted two entries to his twitter, wish me luck!

:nws: http://i.imgur.com/5R2wLb6.png :nws:
:nws: http://i.imgur.com/B0dJ5kA.jpg :nws:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Good god. lol.

I posted a few stuff, I don't think I have a chance though. But it was fun. So good luck, daawwwwwgggg.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

CelticPredator posted:

Good god. lol.

I posted a few stuff, I don't think I have a chance though. But it was fun. So good luck, daawwwwwgggg.

I saw you got retweeted

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Yeah, I have a few entries up. But J-Dawg was the only one who retweeted anything I sent him. :unsmith: Always makes me happy inside.

JD
Jan 11, 2003
Dan Harmon does a nearly perfect Justin Roiland impression!

Has anyone else watched the NYCC panel yet??

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I was at the NYCC panel and the scene they improvised had me in hysterics. Roiland is hosed up.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

MrAristocrates posted:

I was at the NYCC panel and the scene they improvised had me in hysterics. Roiland is hosed up.

Any new info?

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Alan Smithee posted:

Any new info?
Why don't watch this to find out :aaaaa:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-A-qJx2ohXA

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

drat that was fast

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

Holy poo poo the French toast :laffo:

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

I want to hear more about that comic book. Half the fun of the show is the voice work so I wonder how it'll be.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Are there any differences between the dvd/bd versions and the ones that went out on air? I'm guessing no because someone would've mentioned in the last page, but just curious.

ashpanash
Apr 9, 2008

I can see when you are lying.

They changed the song at the end of the last one, and of course no swears are bleeped. Other than that, I don't think there's any changes.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

ashpanash posted:

no swears are bleeped.

That sounds less funny to me.

masteraero
Jun 2, 2013

Steven, are you telling LIES?
In some cases it's actually funnier uncensored. The uncensored Mr. Jellybean bathroom scene is rough to watch though. Something about Mr. Jellybean calling Morty a loving twat while he tries to rape him makes that entire scene way too intense.

Canned Panda
Jul 10, 2012

masteraero posted:

In some cases it's actually funnier uncensored. The uncensored Mr. Jellybean bathroom scene is rough to watch though. Something about Mr. Jellybean calling Morty a loving twat while he tries to rape him makes that entire scene way too intense.

He's not trying to rape Morty in the normal sense though, because he doesn't have genitalia. He's trying to get Morty to lick his shell.

Not that it makes it any better really.

quote:

I want to clear something up in regards to the controversial Jellybean bathroom scene. Everyone assumes that King Jellybean was attempting to sexually assault Morty by penetrating him with his genitalia which explains why the reactions to it have been so strong. However, King Jellybean has no genitalia. What he was trying to do was force Morty to lick the outer surface of his jellybean body where thousands of nerve endings are concentrated. Yes, he would have derived a tremendous amount of pleasure from it, but so would Morty because of the incredible flavor. King Jellybean had become addicted to the high he received from the enzymes entering his blood stream through alien saliva. Unfortunately, the high for him became weaker and weaker with repeated engagements of the same species, so he was constantly on the look out for new ones. That's why he spent time in places like the Thirsty Stair where a diverse multitude of inter dimensional beings congregated. Morty was his first human, so he was especially aggressive with him. To Jellybean, Morty was more like a big walking crack rock than an object of sexual desire and he was desperate for a hit. Over the years, the repeated inter-species body licking caused the depletion of a key chemical in the jellybean body resulting in a loss of color which is why King Jellybean was that grayish shade instead of a normal colorful jellybean hue. This is similar to what users of MDMA experience with depleted levels of serotonin.

Now, I'm not saying what Jellybean did wasn’t wrong. He was an addict, plain and simple, and his behavior had become increasingly erratic and violent. However, we shouldn't make assumptions based on circumstantial evidence about who he was or the nature of his actions. For example, assuming that King Jellybean was a sexual predator because of his behavior in the bathroom towards Morty, the statue depicting him with a young boy, the box of photographs, etc. I’m sure everyone imagined the worst was in those pictures, but what we don't know is if the things that shock the people of Jellybean's kingdom are the same things that would shock us. Those could have been pictures of celery for all we know and the possession of pictures of celery may be illegal there. It's cultural bias. Jellybean was a good leader who needed a release from the pressures of his position and he lost control. Perhaps fans from the Toronto area can relate.

I hope this explanation helps understand the scene better and makes it less traumatizing to our viewers. Thank you.

MatildaTheHun
Aug 31, 2011

here's the thing donovan, I'm always hungry
Yikes, that scene was already pretty intense.

I would like to see it all uncensored just to hear more of the voice acting, which has always been one of the strongest points of the show.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

Canned Panda posted:

He's not trying to rape Morty in the normal sense though, because he doesn't have genitalia. He's trying to get Morty to lick his shell.

Not that it makes it any better really.

That was clearly a joke answer, dan and justin say on the commentary it was an attempted rape

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Toxxupation posted:

That was clearly a joke answer, dan and justin say on the commentary it was an attempted rape

I think the quoting of the joke explanation was itself :thejoke: in this case.

:thesperg:

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Toxxupation posted:

It sounds like the answer you give the suits when they come down and ask if you're really trying to show a jellybean raping a young boy on their network.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

YES I love this debate and wonder why we don't have it more

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Only 3.6 Roentgoons per hour ... not great, not terrible.

...the meter only goes to 3.6...

Pork Pro
I wonder what flavor King Jellybean is....

(it's grape)

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Toxic Fart Syndrome posted:

(it's grape)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ow7pwIDhl5c

MrTpug
Feb 16, 2011

Toxic Fart Syndrome posted:

(it's grape)

http://youtu.be/09SyYkde1zk?t=13s

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Toxxupation posted:

King Jellybean might very well not have genitalia in a traditional sense, they might actually not be joking about that. But he was clearly trying to force Morty to do something sexual for him against Morty's will, so it's an attempted rape all the same.

That entire video is pretty great.

ashpanash
Apr 9, 2008

I can see when you are lying.

Note that it was Ryan Ridley who wrote that nonsense above, not Roiland, who commented more on how they just wanted to make it not overtly offensive to people who lived through something like that.

And it's totally a thing that schmuck Ridley would write.

TheDon01
Mar 8, 2009

I'm amazed at how well Harmon can impersonate voices for Roiland, Rick and Morty.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

ashpanash posted:

Note that it was Ryan Ridley who wrote that nonsense above, not Roiland, who commented more on how they just wanted to make it not overtly offensive to people who lived through something like that.

And it's totally a thing that schmuck Ridley would write.

I'm not familiar with his previous work

grilldos
Mar 27, 2004

BUST A LOAF
IN THIS
YEAST CONFECTION
Grimey Drawer

Alan Smithee posted:

I'm not familiar with his previous work

If this is a username/post combo joke then kudos, well done, sir.

Mace Bacon
Apr 16, 2008

YOU'RE SLEEPING HERE? IS THIS WHERE YOU'RE SLEEPING? HUH?!
Got my DVD! (if only Blurays from other countries worked on my PS3), got the comic. Not signed. Still happy. Can't wait to get into the special features. :)

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

drat, Dan's impressions of Rick and Morty are spot-on

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

PostNouveau posted:

drat, Dan's impressions of Rick and Morty are spot-on
"He-hey Rick, what do you think about Justin, huh?"

"He's a pretty cool guy, Morty, but I don't see how he's essential to the operation. I mean, we have someone else who can do the voices, Morty. That's not a threat, Morty, just a statement."

"Yeah, I-I guess I can see what you're saying, Rick."

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
I like their comments about things involving being "too drunk", implying that there is a certain level of drunkenness that is either expected or perhaps necessary to the recording process for this show.

Canned Panda
Jul 10, 2012

prefect posted:

I think the quoting of the joke explanation was itself :thejoke: in this case.

:thesperg:

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

Raphael Ravenscroft died last week. For those who may not know, he played the saxophone on "Baker Street". To honor him, I will get drunk today and vocalize the sax solo, Rick Sanchez style (a.k.a. loudly and out of tune).

haljordan fucked around with this message at 13:51 on Oct 26, 2014

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades

haljordan posted:

Raphael Ravenscroft died last week. For those who may not know, he played the saxophone on "Baker Street". To honor him, I will get drunk today and vocalize the sax solo, Rick Sanchez style (a.k.a. loudly and out of tune).

I trained my dog to know its time to go for a walk when I start singing the sax solo Rick Sanchez style.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

AxeManiac posted:

I trained my dog to know its time to go for a walk when I start singing the sax solo Rick Sanchez style.

I heard Baker Street on the radio in my car the other day and I sat in the supermarket parking lot for a good 3 minutes while I yelled out the sax solo, Sanchez Style™.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

wan wan wana waaaaan

Tuxedo Jack
Sep 11, 2001

Hey Ma, who's that band I like? Oh yeah, Hall & Oates.
Crossposting from the miniatures thread...

Our D&D group is doing a short Deadlands campaign, and I was short on character ideas since it's not my favorite genre... So I decided to introduce Rick Sanchez to the Weird West.

As a Mad Scientist (one of the classes in Deadlands) he'll be building contraptions designed to return him to his mysterious home, a parallel dimension. With only a wiry young mule named Morty, Rick's huffed so much Ghost Rock he's turned gray and his hair blue.

Anyway, that's a thing. Couldn't get the lighting right on the picture, but whatever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shadok
Dec 12, 2004

You tried to destroy it once before, Commodore.
The result was a wrecked ship and a dead crew.
Fun Shoe

VideoTapir posted:

I'm pretty sure the Citadel of Ricks is a Mass Effect reference. The design, the council chamber thingy, and the fact that they call it "The Citadel of Ricks."

Six months later, the blu-ray commentary confirms that this is exactly right.

• Locked thread