Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Waynebo
May 18, 2004

Look at that subtle off-white coloring.
The tasteful thickness of it.
Oh my god. It even has a watermark.
Ahhh. I thought it was a USF4 change.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rednecked_crake
Mar 17, 2012

srsly who wants to play this lamer?
Xbox patch is out, Steam should be out in about 5-6 hours.

They say Xbox is host to more good players, but they also forget to mention it's also host to many more bad ones. I had a 2500pp/7000bp Gouken in xbox Endless earlier who would do lvl 3 focus attack after a knockdown, literally at least once every single match, if he got the chance. He actually hit me with it the first time because I was thinking "Is he actually going to do this?". He did and tried to do so for the next 14 matches, even though I was just doing a backdash/ex-roll into punish every time. He even had a little Gouken xbox live avatar and everything. I felt a little insulted after a while. :(

rednecked_crake fucked around with this message at 13:22 on Oct 15, 2014

a!n
Apr 26, 2013

HoboWithAShotgun posted:

Xbox patch is out, Steam should be out in about 5-6 hours.

They say Xbox is host to more good players, but they also forget to mention it's also host to many more bad ones. I had a 2500pp/7000bp Gouken in xbox Endless earlier who would do lvl 3 focus attack after a knockdown, literally at least once every single match, if he got the chance. He actually hit me with it the first time because I was thinking "Is he actually going to do this?". He did and tried to do so for the next 14 matches, even though I was just doing a backdash/ex-roll into punish every time. He even had a little Gouken xbox live avatar and everything. I felt a little insulted after a while. :(

It makes me so mad to see people play my main in a completely gimmicky fashion and then win.

And then I realize I'm doing some of the poo poo they're doing :v:

Trykt
Jul 30, 2000

Still training..
I'm sure that guy was just an idiot going for hail marys but to be fair charging focus on somebody's wakeup is a good way to bait punishable defensive actions out of them, and you have to actually commit to letting it rip once in a blue moon if they're calling your bluff and just sitting still.

edit: It really catches them off guard.

Trykt fucked around with this message at 15:06 on Oct 15, 2014

rednecked_crake
Mar 17, 2012

PC freezing in ranked isn't fixed for anyone who cares.

angel opportunity
Sep 7, 2004

Total Eclipse of the Heart

HoboWithAShotgun posted:

jesus christ

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

HoboWithAShotgun posted:

This can't be that loving hard.

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

USF4 gives me the weirdest problems. When in the main menu the game lags like crazy, and sometimes when I start a match it slows to a crawl until I alt tab and tab back in? The thing is, when I do the system testing thing I get 150 FPS with everything on max settings, so I don't know what the deal is.

Roguelike
Jul 29, 2006

THUNDERDOME LOSER

HoboWithAShotgun posted:

Judging from the patch notes, their approach is to not fix anything, just limit how bad ranked could get. So if usf4 ever become inexplicably really popular again, it shouldn't go back to being as lovely as it was on the first couple of days of release. Other than that though, ranked seems to be working the same now as it has for the last few months.

Jokerpilled Drudge
Jan 27, 2010

by Pragmatica

Roguelike posted:

Judging from the patch notes, their approach is to not fix anything, just limit how bad ranked could get. So if usf4 ever become inexplicably really popular again, it shouldn't go back to being as lovely as it was on the first couple of days of release. Other than that though, ranked seems to be working the same now as it has for the last few months.

Honestly Ultra has been quite a sour pill for PC users, I miss the days of super when we had a working product

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.
It's still not fixed, but it seems better. That could just be because there's less people on.

Arzachel
May 12, 2012

Enkmar posted:

Honestly Ultra has been quite a sour pill for PC users, I miss the days of super when we had a working product

You know they have hosed up when people think about returning to GFWL as a good thing.

rednecked_crake
Mar 17, 2012

I honestly never had an issue with GFWL. I think maybe when Fallout 3 first came out I had some issues with updating or patching, but that's a very vague memory. I even got Blazblue and Dawn of War for free *cough* by using a Kane & Lynch CD key. I'm amazed they let CD keys be used infinitely for any other game.

I'll just stick to hosting 2-man Endless lobbies with PC I suppose, I've played a handful of great players that way, even better than majority I see on Xbox.

40 OZ
May 16, 2003

HoboWithAShotgun posted:

I honestly never had an issue with GFWL.

I don't have to have a bug crash to make me not like GFWL.

Even working as intended:

it wastes my time

installs another stupid program that does way too much crap

i'm signed up to some dumb service i dont care about

I get stupid emails i dont care about

I get to come up with another username/password that wastes my time and can be hacked

also it is a big waste of time

We all like steam integration. Just make my SteamID work with all PC games, thanks.

angel opportunity
Sep 7, 2004

GFWL was total poo poo as far as anything NOT related to playing the game. Like sending someone a message took ages, and there was no chat window or anything. But when this game ran on GFWL, it didn't lag.

Now everything else is good, but the actual gameplay is a lagging mess unless you're in an endless lobby with all private slots.

Doggboat
Oct 17, 2012

HoboWithAShotgun posted:

who would do lvl 3 focus attack after a knockdown
I saw that twice today.
First time in forever I played random people in endless, because the last time I tried the lag was unbearable. I totally forgot about all the poo poo people do online. Sometimes it felt like playing against a random number generator.
Also played a pretty good irish Gen. Had a lot of fun.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

HoboWithAShotgun posted:

who would do lvl 3 focus attack after a knockdown

At lower ranks people do this very often because it's not obvious at all that back-dash has invincibility frames and can counter that.

Waynebo
May 18, 2004

Look at that subtle off-white coloring.
The tasteful thickness of it.
Oh my god. It even has a watermark.
wow this patch fixed nothing for netplay. I long for the three days where the Steam version of SF4AE worked perfectly ... and then Ultra came out.

apple
May 18, 2003

Jose in the club wearing orange suspenders

Waynebo posted:

wow this patch fixed nothing for netplay. I long for the three days where the Steam version of SF4AE worked perfectly ... and then Ultra came out.

Whoever worked on it literally knows nothing about netcode, specially with a change like:

code:
The acceptable input delay limit has been increased from 15 frames to 35 frames, so now even with terrible latency issues, users should experience what feels like an input delay instead of lag or random disconnects. 
You're just trading one problem for another (for a placebo improvement effect I guess?), while avoiding fixing the main issue.

Arzachel
May 12, 2012

apple posted:

Whoever worked on it literally knows nothing about netcode, specially with a change like:

code:
The acceptable input delay limit has been increased from 15 frames to 35 frames, so now even with terrible latency issues, users should experience what feels like an input delay instead of lag or random disconnects. 
You're just trading one problem for another (for a placebo improvement effect I guess?), while avoiding fixing the main issue.

It's not even placebo, if you're regularly getting over 15 frame delays it won't matter if the game stutters or just runs slow as gently caress.

BUTTERWORBS
Oct 16, 2002

I feel burned after buying ultra on PC, I'm glad I didn't buy all the costumes too like I considered doing though. I'm thinking about giving up on street fighter completely at this point

Double Bill
Jan 29, 2006

What the hell happened, did they just spend two months developing and testing absolutely nothing? Or was the patch team literally one part-time developer who was on sick leave most of the time.

After my shitbox bricked (and there's no way in hell I'm buying another one) the Steam version was my only shot at continuing to play USF4. I guess not.

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.

HoboWithAShotgun posted:

I'll just stick to hosting 2-man Endless lobbies with PC I suppose, I've played a handful of great players that way, even better than majority I see on Xbox.

Only just remembered we played last night on a train to London, I should sink some Vino before playing more often!

Mister Blueberry
Feb 17, 2010

Mike, Steve, what the hell
the 35 frames leniency is loving my hands hands/ex hands buffer actually, so this is way worse than it was before.

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

People are supposed to get hurt by things. It's fucked up to not. It's not good for you.
guess I'm keeping my money for now then if the netcode is still bullshit

Arzachel
May 12, 2012

Double Bill posted:

What the hell happened, did they just spend two months developing and testing absolutely nothing? Or was the patch team literally one part-time developer who was on sick leave most of the time.

After my shitbox bricked (and there's no way in hell I'm buying another one) the Steam version was my only shot at continuing to play USF4. I guess not.

This doesn't affect private lobbies, play with goons.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

I noticed an interesting thing in SF.
When you win a round the announcer says "K.O." and there's a big flashing K.O. sign on the screen.
That doesn't always happen though.
If you with with Oni using an Ultra the announcer doesn't say "K.O.", perhaps implying that the opponent is dead?

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

People are supposed to get hurt by things. It's fucked up to not. It's not good for you.

Jack Trades posted:

I noticed an interesting thing in SF.
When you win a round the announcer says "K.O." and there's a big flashing K.O. sign on the screen.
That doesn't always happen though.
If you with with Oni using an Ultra the announcer doesn't say "K.O.", perhaps implying that the opponent is dead?

IIRC the same thing happens if you win with Akuma's Ultras.

Foodahn
Oct 5, 2006

Pillbug
It always bothered me how most characters are in the street fighter tournament to test themselves or have fun, but then there are these assholes like Dictator and Akuma literally threatening to kill others.

Dude, I am a girl in highschool out lookin for some cute boys and you're all 'THIS PLACE WILL BECOME YOUR GRAVE!'
chill the heck out

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI
You know I don't feel so bad about having a PC too lovely to run SF4 now.

a!n
Apr 26, 2013

The new version is laughable. As soon as there is any amount of lag, even if its otherwise playable, you get poo poo like input echoes and input loss resulting in all kinds of FUN in conjunction with the shortcut system.

angel opportunity
Sep 7, 2004

where is the best place to complain and bitch about this to capcom?

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

systran posted:

where is the best place to complain and bitch about this to capcom?

march into corporate and hand deliver a sternly worded to Mr. Capcom.

Real answer:Their official forums, but Steam forums at least has a capcom rep in it so maybe they actually pay attention to that too.

Pomp fucked around with this message at 13:25 on Oct 16, 2014

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

Put a suggestion into the suggestion box. Unfortunately the suggestion box leads straight into an incinerator.

apple
May 18, 2003

Jose in the club wearing orange suspenders

Pomp posted:

Real answer:Their official forums, but Steam forums at least has a capcom rep in it so maybe they actually pay attention to that too.

Capcom Unity is a pile of poo poo, and the only time they proactively took community input for SF4 was that one time they requested people to flood the forums with suggestions for their characters.

I tried talking about PS3 vs XBox version timing differences a long time ago and it was just brushed off (thanks d3v for somehow being a moderator there and being a dismissive jerk).

Prowler
May 24, 2004

Sarchasm and I had weird lag that I've not experienced before when playing him one round. It was as though a memory intensive program was loading in the background, causing a framerate decrease. It recovered, but still...

rednecked_crake
Mar 17, 2012

That happened to me once as well, dropped to about 30fps for a few seconds. I thought it was because I've been running everything on my CPU since my nVidia card died though. Can still get 100fps in the benchmark but it looks like rear end.

interrodactyl
Nov 8, 2011

you have no dignity

Gammatron 64 posted:

Sounds like more time to play ST!

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Gammatron 64 posted:

Holy poo poo, your computer must be like 10 years old cause mine's like 8 and still runs Ultra smooth.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

Tae posted:

Holy poo poo, your computer must be like 10 years old cause mine's like 8 and still runs Ultra smooth.

I think my graphics card is bad because it stutters a decent amount even in training mode with backgrounds turned off. I've been meaning to upgrade it but ehhh it's not like I play very many PC games anyway.

(I also need to leave the side off and put a fan next to it or else it overheats - my case actually is like 15 years old)

• Locked thread