Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

Beef Waifu posted:

Yeah, I prefer Madara's English voice in this case. It's the right level of menacing drawl with being a voice that doesn't dive too deep into generic guttural evil voice that makes it a perfect voice for him. Hashirama's english voice is a bit weird to me though.

I really like Madara's and Nagato's Japanese voice actors, but perhaps it helps that I don't speak Japanese.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
According to TVTropes, there's an adult film star named Rin Nohara.

I have no idea how that was brought up, but it's certainly something.

Willsun
Dec 9, 2006

I willed too hard again...

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Oh good, now I have an excuse to post this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BxMW3uifD04

Thanks for this. I never bother to check out any of the Naruto anime openings because it's usually dramatic~ stuff where Naruto looks wistful/pained while thinking of Sasuke or doing another rendition of those two with rasengan vs chidori. This opening just feels like they're having fun and saying "Yeah there's going to be a million openings and the series isn't going anywhere in a while who cares if we make them dance."

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

"A conflict of love and power."

Kishimoto, please.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I'm actually really interested to see how many consecutive chapters can end with "some form of Rasengan vs. Chidori"

Shoren
Apr 6, 2011

victoria concordia crescit

VJeff posted:

I'm actually really interested to see how many consecutive chapters can end with "some form of Rasengan vs. Chidori"

You're in luck because a new chapter is up so you can find out if this one does too!

http://readms.com/r/naruto/696/2574/1

I guess a lightning arrow could technically count as a chidori?

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
Hey, what do you know? Sasuke finally said something sensible. It is completely true that the ninja villages only stopped fighting each other to face a common enemy. Killing the kages is still meaningless, but otherwise Sasuke's plan... isn't bad? I am very surprised by this.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Yeah, the latest chapter is what prompted that thought. :v:

Shoren
Apr 6, 2011

victoria concordia crescit
I thought that might be the case! You should have posted the link to the chapter instead! :argh:

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
So someone who has the sharingan and the rinnegan is immortal? And someone with the sharingan and the rinnegan and the tailed beasts reincarnates as Susano'o. Are we supposed to know who that was in this world? :psyduck:

edit: Stupid fingers that's not how you type! :argh:

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Shoren posted:

I thought that might be the case! You should have posted the link to the chapter instead! :argh:

And spread the pain?

I just binged on the last three issues. Holy poo poo, and I thought Ippo was bad.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Darth TNT posted:

So someone who has the sharingan and the rinnegan is immortal? And someone with the sharingan and the rinnegan and the tailed beasts reincarnates as Susano'o. Are we supposed to know who that was in this world? :psyduck:

I think it's more about the whole brother reincarnation deal, rather than immortality.

PiedPiper
Jan 1, 2014

It's so hard to pin down Naruto's philosophy. At least Sasuke's keeping it straight and clear.

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013

PiedPiper posted:

It's so hard to pin down Naruto's philosophy.

"Friendship is the best" basically.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
So Sasuke wants to bring peace to the world by setting himself up as the ultimate evil, so everyone else will ally to try to bring them down.

THIS WILL NEVER WORK.

If he's never defeated and just sits there doing nothing waiting for someone to challenge him how long does he think it will be until everyone says "Ehhhh, not worth the effort" and go right back to fighting each other?

I guess he could keep being a credible threat by leveling a couple villages once in a while, but how would that be "bringing peace to the world"?

Even if he did that, I'm willing to bet that after a while he would just be seen as a sort-of natural disaster, and people are going to stop spending manpower and resources by going after him and just concentrate on cleaning up after him.

Has he actually thought any of this through? :psyduck:

Oh, wait, I forgot:

quote:

Guess I've got brain problems!

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

The real issue is how Sasuke thinks that everyone being full of hate 24/7 leads to a peaceful world.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

The real issue is how Sasuke thinks that everyone being full of hate 24/7 leads to a peaceful world.

Because Itachi was a terrible brother who also had brain problems.

Thunderbro
Sep 1, 2008
The real issue is how Sasuke is the absolute worst written character in a not very well thought out manga.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Dexo posted:

Because Itachi was a terrible brother who also had brain problems.

How dare you blaspheme against Itachi? He died for Konoha's sins, you know.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Thunderbro posted:

The real issue is how Sasuke is the absolute worst written character in a not very well thought out manga.

Hahahahha, nope Sasuke isn't even the worse written character who is still able to move right now, and nowhere near the worst written character in the series.

You may not like the path he tookv(i don't anyway), but at least it's somewhat logically consistent. Sasuke is hosed up because He was told and did foster nothing but hatred since like the age of 5. He doesn't make the best decisions and all of his decisions are based on hatred.

10 years of hating you aren't going to stop because your rear end in a top hat brother said "wait no I wanted you to be a hero you can stop hating now" as If it's an on/off switch.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

How dare you blaspheme against Itachi? He died for Konoha's sins, you know.

Nah, More old testament God than Jesus, Sasuke is p much Noah, only instead of Itachi telling Sasuke what his purpose was in killing everyone he lied and made him hate everything.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Darth TNT posted:

I think the hell path (the one with the giant mouth contraption) can restore life, there's also rinne tensei

BigLeafyTree
Oct 21, 2010

Thunderbro posted:

To me he just feels like he lacks personality. He used to feel a bit more believable, but right now if I wanted to describe if have to say something like "loner, arrogant, wants power, brother complex". Trying to imagine some situation with Sasuke in it just doesn't work for me because he's been so flat for so long.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Sasuke's character kind of just reads like his plot arc or rivalry should have been finished by at two thirds of the way through at the latest, and everything else is just made up on the spot to keep him in the picture because he can't be dropped.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving

Please kill this kid already

Doflamingo
Sep 20, 2006

hiddenriverninja posted:

Please kill these kids already

Triple Elation
Feb 24, 2012

1 + 2 + 4 + 8 + ... = -1
New things we have learned this chapter:

* Our suspicions about the nature of Sasuke's plan (be the common enemy for everyone to unite against) were true

Considering that we have 3 chapters left after this one, I find the pacing here kind of... subpar.

The credibility of Sasuke's eventual redemption is falling by the chapter. At this point, if you were to try and construct a reasonable resolution for Sasuke in the time span left (this is an impossible task, but suppose you tried to), you would start with not redeeming him. Probably have him defeated but not killed, getting second thoughts about his plan (because you'll have second thoughts about even the greatest plan once you see it fail spectacularly), agreeing to release everyone from IT because he's not getting his way anyway and "let everyone stay in IT" was never on the table to begin with, and then finally going off to wander the world being bitter and wondering where he went wrong, like Madara sans the bravado and patience to come up with the incredibly wacky backup plan that Madara did.

Edit: or obviously you could kill him, but "the last" sketches show us that that's not going to happen, sadly.

Triple Elation fucked around with this message at 16:44 on Oct 16, 2014

Rynder
Mar 26, 2009
I like how we're all glossing over sasukes 100000th powerup.

"yeah whatever he absorbed all the chakra monsters just end this already"

ChibiSoma
Apr 13, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Mikl posted:

So Sasuke wants to bring peace to the world by setting himself up as the ultimate evil, so everyone else will ally to try to bring them down.

Did Kishimoto just watch Code Geass or something?

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
The new form looks like rear end and was just made by Kishimoto so CC2 has a final boss fight for the last UNS game.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I can't really tell the scale of this battle too well.

Are Naruto's fox mode and Sasuke's Susano'o thing giant or is it just a little bit bigger than their regular bodies. I'm assuming they're giant, but the new Susano'o looks like a small suit of armour over Sasuke's regular body, due to the face thing it has.

Captain_duck
Dec 3, 2005

I swear nice bushes!

Aurain posted:

I can't really tell the scale of this battle too well.

Are Naruto's fox mode and Sasuke's Susano'o thing giant or is it just a little bit bigger than their regular bodies. I'm assuming they're giant, but the new Susano'o looks like a small suit of armour over Sasuke's regular body, due to the face thing it has.

Yeah this is hard to tell indeed. Susanoo has had multiple sizes throughout. Like during the kage summit the ribcage was really tight around sasuke and the total susannoo fit inside the building?. However later he's shown to be about as big as naruto's energy ninetails form, which i think is supposed to be as big as the ninetails itself, which was really huge when he attacked konoha.

And then there was madara's giant susanoo to. Is this one now similar to that? Has naruto's energy ninetails form grown as well or what?

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

ChibiSoma posted:

In one respect, Sasuke's plan makes more sense than Lelouch's. The problem with Lelouch's plan is that with him dead, there wouldn't be a common enemy to unite people any more. (Of course, Lelouch compensated for this to an extent by leaving behind people like Suzaku and Nunnally to keep things from turning into a disaster.) Sasuke's plan is to keep everyone united against him by living forever.

The fight is still boring, though. I'm glad it will be over soon.

Death Bot
Mar 4, 2007

Binary killing machines, turning 1 into 0 since 0011000100111001 0011011100110110

Aurain posted:

Sasuke's character kind of just reads like his plot arc or rivalry should have been finished by at two thirds of the way through at the latest, and everything else is just made up on the spot to keep him in the picture because he can't be dropped.

His plot arc finished in the first arc, everything after that should have been rivalry.

Gruckles
Mar 11, 2013

ChibiSoma posted:

I think he just saw Watchmen.

DeadBonesBrook
May 31, 2011

How do you do, fellow Regis?
Isn't this just Akatsuki's plan? Just replace the tailed beasts as nukes metaphor with a kid with brain problems.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
That was a pretty sicknasty ice burn from Sasuke re: kage bunshin.

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice
Garou the Human Monster did it better. More imposing, acted more villainous, put a lot of work into being feared and respected instead of waffling between goodguy and traitor, and he had a great little speech about saving the weak and ugly that no one else could save.

Ultimately, I suspect Naruto's rebuttal isn't going to amount to more than, 'You're wroooooong, we have friiiiiends' and a punch to the snoot.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving

I don't get what Naruto means when he says, "I want to beat you, but not this you"

Also the dramatic tension is palpable when we know both of them survive and are in the movie.

Screw spoilers, I said it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doflamingo
Sep 20, 2006

AnonSpore posted:

That was a pretty sicknasty ice burn from Sasuke re: kage bunshin.

Yes! This was my favorite part of the chapter. I never made that connection before but it totally fits.

• Locked thread