Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

What is that, the world's masturbating champion? :catstare:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY

It's the left stick so flip that poo poo.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Soonmot posted:

It's not offensive, I just don't care to see white noise poo poo posting. Since console warrior rules won't be enforced, I'm using the tools I have to make this thread readable. poo poo, I still have Stux readable, everyone I ignored is literally a worse poster than Stux.

i am a high content poster thank you for recognising this

peter gabriel posted:

Using this system I deduct that you have no one on ignore

wow i thought we were shark tank pals. the xbone has changed you (rear end bandage changing coming in future update)

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

marauderthirty posted:

What is that, the world's masturbating champion? :catstare:

Nah, I don't do photo ops.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer

hanyolo posted:

Yeah I can't remember the last good thing they did. He also said they're doing something with a couple of the games in the below list:

Halo Wars 2
Alan Wake 2
Blinx
Mech Assault
Fusion Frenzy
Banjo Kazooie
High Heat
Kameo 2
Otogi
Kotor
Shenmue
Conker

My bets are on Halo Wars 2 and Conker, maybe a Fusion Frenzy

They did Kotor? gently caress that MMO for killing any future single player kotors

Stux posted:

You are the bar by which all others are measured.

RangerAce
Feb 25, 2014

Rare didn't develop Kotor or Kotor 2. That was Bioware and Obsidian.

virtualboyCOLOR
Dec 22, 2004

That list is bullshit. Much like the X1 and PS4 console exclusive games.

Saladman
Jan 12, 2010

bluegoon posted:

I want to buy a few games before I get the console in December, staple poo poo like Battlefield and COD:AW, didn't know there was a demo though, think I'll just wait for that.

Why are buying the games before you get a console? If it's because you're importing them from the US because games are expensive as poo poo in SA, someone posted a link to getting a US credit card on Amazon or something, then registering it in New Hampshire to avoid sales. Actually OP can you add that to the first post for all us non-US Xboners who don't want to pay ridiculous local prices (PS4 and Xbone games are $100 here at retail, and I think Australians pay even more than that). Then this thread would have like 100% more useful content than it did previously.

If you really like discs for some reason or resale/giving away to friends though, then I guess your plan makes sense.

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

RangerAce posted:

Rare didn't develop Kotor or Kotor 2. That was Bioware and Obsidian.

Rare didn't develop 90% of that list.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Saladman posted:

Why are buying the games before you get a console? If it's because you're importing them from the US because games are expensive as poo poo in SA, someone posted a link to getting a US credit card on Amazon or something, then registering it in New Hampshire to avoid sales. Actually OP can you add that to the first post for all us non-US Xboners who don't want to pay ridiculous local prices (PS4 and Xbone games are $100 here at retail, and I think Australians pay even more than that). Then this thread would have like 100% more useful content than it did previously.

If you really like discs for some reason or resale/giving away to friends though, then I guess your plan makes sense.

The Forums are pretty lax about dolling out punishment these days, but I'm fairly sure they still don't condone credit/tax fraud.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe
#realtalk

Wii U Refurb is good buy? Confirm/deny.

Saladman
Jan 12, 2010

Soul Glo posted:

The Forums are pretty lax about dolling out punishment these days, but I'm fairly sure they still don't condone credit/tax fraud.

Thanks for your uneducated opinion of what constitutes credit/tax fraud. If you're a foreigner getting a US credit card to buy goods online, you might as well get it in New Hampshire rather than some other random state that (still) has nothing to do with you just so you can pay taxes to a jurisdiction where you do not live and have no connection to.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

virtualboyCOLOR posted:

Rare actually made a lot of terrible games even during the N64 era. The only good game they did then was Star Fox 64. Conkers was...ok. Everything else they did was awful. The good talent from Rare formed the now defunct Free Radical. Then the janitors from Free Radical joined Crytek. Why would anyone get excited over a new Rare game? They're so awful that MS wouldn't even let them touch their own franchise.

Star Fox 64 was not made by rare, it was made by EAD. Also, Blast Corps loving owned, Backlash notwithstanding.

hanyolo posted:

Yeah I can't remember the last good thing they did.

Viva Pinata and Nuts and Bolts were both excellent games, the latter being leaps and bounds better than those lovely N64 collectathons it was a sequel to.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Saladman posted:

Thanks for your uneducated opinion of what constitutes credit/tax fraud. If you're going to get a US credit card, you might as well get it in New Hampshire rather than some other random state that (still) has nothing to do with you just so you can pay taxes to a jurisdiction where you do not live and have no connection to.

pretty sure that lying about where you live to avoid taxes to a credit card company constitutes fraud, but you're right that I'm no expert, so please forgive me, professor

Captain Internet
Apr 20, 2005

:love: HOTLANTA :love:
IS WHERE YOUR HEART IS

BonoMan posted:

#realtalk

If less than 200 dollars, yes. If more, then just break out your Wii waggler and buy a 10 buck bargain bin game you never played in past 8 years and break out on of the many copy paste Mario kart games and you are set. #Lifehack

virtualboyCOLOR
Dec 22, 2004

BonoMan posted:

#realtalk

Wii U is the best next gen console so far and a refurb from Nintendo is basically brand new. Buy it.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

BonoMan posted:

#realtalk

Goons in the Wii U thread swear by them. They've posted that they're so good that they might as well be out of the box new consoles.

Saladman
Jan 12, 2010

Soul Glo posted:

pretty sure that lying about where you live to avoid taxes to a credit card company constitutes fraud, but you're right that I'm no expert, so please forgive me, professor

Man, you're an idiot. No wonder you bought an Xbone.

But for real, billing address does not have to be your place of residence. I'm not saying put a fake billing address, I'm saying if you're going to go to the trouble of getting a US credit card as a foreigner, you might as well get it issued in the state with the lowest sales tax.

virtualboyCOLOR
Dec 22, 2004

Cubey posted:

Viva Pinata and Nuts and Bolts were both excellent games, the latter being leaps and bounds better than those lovely N64 collectathons it was a sequel to.

While Nuts and Bolts was better than the originals, it was still a poo poo game.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Saladman posted:

Man, you're an idiot. No wonder you bought an Xbone.

I hope you enjoy your stay in a Detroit jail (actually just Detroit) after B-Rock The Islamic Shock Obama piledrives you through the Constitution.

By all means show me where Amazon advertises that people in foreign countries can apply for a card, provide a US address and buy products at a discounted rate, that'd be neat.

Saladman posted:

But for real, billing address does not have to be your place of residence. I'm not saying put a fake billing address, I'm saying if you're going to go to the trouble of getting a US credit card as a foreigner, you might as well get it issued in the state with the lowest sales tax.

Yes, and THAT has to be fraudulent otherwise nobody anywhere would pay taxes other than for the state in which they live. I'm going by common sense here, I'm no lawyer, but that can't be legal.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Soul Glo posted:

Yes, and THAT has to be fraudulent otherwise nobody anywhere would pay taxes other than for the state in which they live. I'm going by common sense here, I'm no lawyer, but that can't be legal.

The way it works legally is that you're supposed to declare out-of-state purchases with your local tax authority (and you can guess how often people go through the trouble of doing this). So it's "legal" if you do the pain-in-the-rear end follow-up which doesn't save you any money in the long run. :downs:

Saladman
Jan 12, 2010

Soul Glo posted:

I hope you enjoy your stay in a Detroit jail (actually just Detroit) after B-Rock The Islamic Shock Obama piledrives you through the Constitution.

By all means show me where Amazon advertises that people in foreign countries can apply for a card, provide a US address and buy products at a discounted rate, that'd be neat.

Yes I will wait for Obama to send a missile into my apartment and pile drives me into the Constitution except I don't live in the United States, Syria, or Yemen? I can apply for credit cards and since all 50 states are the same in their lack of relation to me, why would I pick one that had sales tax rather than one without? Just... because? Maybe the other states would be jealous that I didn't pay sales tax in the other 49 and imprison me too :/.

E: I see that there was a 2013 law passed about online sales tax, the "Marketplace Fairness Act of 2013". Maybe things have changed recently and they will actually start enforcing these laws that previously existed only in dusty books.

Really though if you ever live or know people in a 'third world' country, you'll find that a lot of them have US credit cards and US forwarding addresses. If you know anyone from Argentina, for instance, ask them about this. Or Panama. Or basically all of Latin America. I bet more than half of them have a PO forwarding box and credit card in Miami.

Saladman fucked around with this message at 17:18 on Oct 16, 2014

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Stux posted:

wow i thought we were shark tank pals. the xbone has changed you (rear end bandage changing coming in future update)

I'm only joking man :)

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

Saladman posted:

Really though if you ever live or know people in a 'third world' country, you'll find that a lot of them have US credit cards
thread is getting a bit too d&d

Herr Direktor
Mar 19, 2006

Saladman posted:

Yes I will wait for Obama to send a missile into my apartment and pile drives me into the Constitution.

RangerAce
Feb 25, 2014

Guys, guess what they called the third xbox. You won't believe it.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Soonmot posted:

a worse poster than Stux.
don't sign your posts

Doflamingo
Sep 20, 2006

RangerAce posted:

Guys, guess what they called the third xbox. You won't believe it.

they made a third xbox? :confused:

Zuhzuhzombie!!
Apr 17, 2008
FACTS ARE A CONSPIRACY BY THE CAPITALIST OPRESSOR

Crafty posted:

What did 3ds release in Japan that make it go so buck wild?

Monster Hunter.

Smash Brothers.

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007

Soonmot posted:

I'm using the tools I have to make this thread readable.

Lol

I keep reading this sentence in nerdy voices and laughing

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
I can see somebody posting something negative about the bone and he gets all huffy.

"Criticism? In MY hugbox?!"

*Slides glasses up on nose*
*Pushes ignore button*

"Just using the tools I've got..."

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Also lol if you've ever used the ignore button on these forums

virtualboyCOLOR
Dec 22, 2004

Using the ignore button is admitting you're a worse poster than stux.

virtualboyCOLOR
Dec 22, 2004

"I can't handle words on the Internet so I stapled my dick to my monitor so I can't read them. And I'm drat proud of it!"

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

No joke I cant even find the ignore button now that I'm looking for it to see what poo poo looks like reading the forum in great big babby mode

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY
The best part of people using the ignore button is you still see that they posted and still have to scroll past that, so the point is????

Oh yes, to be a loving prude.

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
*chortle* I almost got a full page of ignored posts! Hey guys how cool is that

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

It seems like such a safe space hugbox tumblr SJW fuckwit thing to do

Seedge
Jun 15, 2009
Hey, buddy. :glomp:

See, in the other thread, we'd have NPD numbers by now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

koolkal
Oct 21, 2008

this thread maybe doesnt have room for 2 green xbox one avs
my favorite derailment now is the dude talking about south african fraud laws

• Locked thread