Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011

Sinners Sandwich posted:

The important thing is I just did the first masterquest map with Volga and I will never play anyone else.

I did that just now with a base Volga and good lord he is amazing. Gonna start adding people from the OP since I was too busy playing this offline. NNID is Royal_K.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnotherGamer
Jan 12, 2007
Please change my name to "The Guff Machine"
I don't quite get parts of Epona either, the charge that can be used as a finisher followup the same way Link's worse spin attack can or as a way to get up to speed right away if you're stationary doesn't seem to be that useful as a mechanic, the only advantage it seems to have over evading into a run is that it has a hitbox, if someone can figure out a proper use for it it, do tell.

It's still miles better than any other horse moveset in any other Warriors game I've played and some of the moves are hilarious in concept, especially giant weakpoint smash.

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

Dunban posted:

Only did the first Master Quest Adventure Mode mission so far. In it, you need to rack up as many KOs as possible in a set amount of time and killing officers and bosses spawns more reinforcements. Basically it's an improved version of the "Kill x enemies in 10 minutes" missions.

What you forget to mention is that mission type never stops spawning transport officers that exclusively drop max magic bottles. Those missions are an excuse to spend as much time in focus mode as possible and it's excellent. Plus, it not only makes killing giant monsters quickly super easy, but it even encourages you to do so because killing them spawns even more cannon fodder for you. It's peak Warriors.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

I think Cia is actually my favorite of the three new guys. Volga is really cool too though - I was most surprised to see that they made his dragon transformation just one of his combos instead of a special. Too bad it's pretty slow.

Wizzro is a bit weird. I don't dislike him and it's cool to be on the other side of his bullet hell attacks, but a few of them seem kinda bad. Like his BBY for instance doesn't seem to home in very well for how slow it is.

Haven't tried Epona yet.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)
Volga in the Skyloft level. :allears:

"I've come to... ugh... aid your cause."

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Regy Rusty posted:

I think Cia is actually my favorite of the three new guys. Volga is really cool too though - I was most surprised to see that they made his dragon transformation just one of his combos instead of a special.

Wait, what? That's not his special?

MatteusTheCorrupt
Nov 1, 2010
The only bad thing about that is that you can't shoot a fireball during it, like he does on you when you face him in the field.
Well, atleast I haven't figured out how

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Evil Mastermind posted:

Wait, what? That's not his special?

Nope! It's his BBBBY. He transforms and spends ~3 seconds above the battlefield where you can target his crash down and explosion.

His special is just a quick spear thrust that sends everything in front of him flying.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Is the master quest an alternate storyline or is it still the tale of "Here lies Cia. She never scored"?

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

chumbler posted:

Is the master quest an alternate storyline or is it still the tale of "Here lies Cia. She never scored"?

I'm three quests in and so far it's the latter.

FighterKnuckles
Apr 17, 2010

The truth is in sight!

chumbler posted:

There's actually 2 separate things that are currently out now.

The Villains pack, which unlocks Cia, Volga and Wizzro as playable characters, as well as a side-story in Legend Mode staring the trio. This content is free.

Then there's the Master Quest DLC, which is paid. This unlocks a whole new Adventure Mode map, to get stronger weapons for the villain trio, everyone else, as well as additional costumes.

I love all 3 of the new villains, but haven't touched Epona yet. One word of advice for the "you got 6 minutes kill as much as you can missions", TAKE DOWN THE GIANT BOSSES. they don't have much HP and doing so spawns in a fuckton of additional mooks. Also, hunt down as much magic as possible, because being in Focus Spirit all the time just gives you so many kills so fast its actually incredibly satisfying.

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013

FighterKnuckles posted:

There's actually 2 separate things that are currently out now.

as well as a side-story in Legend Mode staring the trio. This content is free.

You sure? Because I can't find how to access it.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

The Legend mode side story is also part of the Master Quest DLC. It is not free.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)
Cia is really, really good at weakpoints. her basic combo destroys all humanoid characters by the 4th hit, and against Giant Bosses you can just summon Dark Links over and over to deplete theirs in one round.

Edit: Holy crap, Volga. Just, Volga.

MarquiseMindfang fucked around with this message at 22:21 on Oct 16, 2014

Vanrushal
Apr 2, 2005

I thought my Spitter was a Jockey!

Regy Rusty posted:

Wizzro is a bit weird. I don't dislike him and it's cool to be on the other side of his bullet hell attacks, but a few of them seem kinda bad. Like his BBY for instance doesn't seem to home in very well for how slow it is.

It doesn't home at all that I've seen, they just move forward like a lovely wall with a hole in the middle. You gotta dodge forward then knock dudes into it. Seems to do ok damage with splash though. I didn't have his final combo badge crafted when I played him, he feels a bit lacking. Maybe the laser makes up for it.

Cia's pretty fun, her YYXXX is a better weak point smash on heroes than YX just due to how slow the waves on YX come out. YYYYX does insane (1-shot from full combo?) damage to Ghoma's weak point, not as good against Manhandla for some reason. Feels to me like her best general-purpose combos are her fist two, so you don't need to spend too long building up to them which is nice.

Volga owns. That is all.

e - Also noticed Heart Containers for Lana and Zelda and presumably other characters in the Master Quest map. I haven't finished clearing out Legend Mode's goodies, were these new Hearts missing for them, do they start a 3rd row, or do they just override any you haven't gotten from leveling up?

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)

Vanrushal posted:

e - Also noticed Heart Containers for Lana and Zelda and presumably other characters in the Master Quest map. I haven't finished clearing out Legend Mode's goodies, were these new Hearts missing for them, do they start a 3rd row, or do they just override any you haven't gotten from leveling up?

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Guess what bug didn't get fixed.

Vanrushal
Apr 2, 2005

I thought my Spitter was a Jockey!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z4syCNa_6GY

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Not a bug.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Dear Nintendo,

Please upgrade this from bug to feature and let everyone do it. Stop denying Ganondorf his dream of being a pop idol.

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.
If it didn't get fixed, they're likely planning something involving it.

Even if it's something as simple as...imagine an "Attack of the fans" map where everyone fights as one character's movesets.

Bloodly fucked around with this message at 23:37 on Oct 16, 2014

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013
It would make perfect sense to at least let Lana and Cia do it, as well as Zelda and Shiek.

They also might just be taking the Bioware stance on bugs: no reason to fix it if it's funny.

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER
What do I need to do to reveal the enemies on the square one to the right and two above the starting square? The compass points to a bush, but burning it does nothing.

Leaping Mutton
Feb 27, 2010

What could go wrong?

Dunban posted:

What do I need to do to reveal the enemies on the square one to the right and two above the starting square? The compass points to a bush, but burning it does nothing.

That one needs the recorder for some reason. Master quest is weird like that, I guess.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Leaping Mutton posted:

That one needs the recorder for some reason. Master quest is weird like that, I guess.

Remember that time there was a cow lodged in jabu jabu's belly you had to shoot for no reason?

Also the water bomb card zelda mission a few spaces to the left is hilariously stupid. Framerate runs at about 10 fps and as soon as "don't let captains flee" 20 of them do and Link dies in literally 3 hits from enemies.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

I'm unhappy that search items don't carry over between maps.

Also why are the level 2 weapons of most of the new guys so far away?

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Regy Rusty posted:

I'm unhappy that search items don't carry over between maps.

Also why are the level 2 weapons of most of the new guys so far away?

Volga's lvl 3 is like 4 spaces away from the start. It's strange.

ThisIsACoolGuy fucked around with this message at 01:21 on Oct 17, 2014

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)
Just did a "Rack up your KO Count!" mission... with Ganondorf.

600 KO Focus Spirits, anyone?

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Volga's lvl 3 is like 4 spaces away from the start. It's strange.

Much like the '2nd quest' which randomised everything.

Cirina
Feb 15, 2013

Operation complete.

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Pretty sure that was actually intentional given that from what I've seen everyone has had that happen on that map.

Star Guarded
Feb 10, 2008

Epona is so strange to play. It's like your default mode is dashing + using strong attack to weedwhack groups of enemies, and combos are just a short thing you do when weakpoints pop up before you transition back into weedwhacker mode.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

The talk of moveset swaps gave me an amusing thought today. Imagine the game's story line if the only thing you swapped was Cia and Link. It then becomes a band of women and their rock man buddy teaming up to take down a narcissist who is obsessed with himself and his fursona, and summons shadow versions of himself to mess with people. In the end Cia realizes that it was not Link she was in love with, but the idea of a hero, and in the end finds that through her journey she has become what she wanted to have.

Heartwarming, really.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

So what's the trick to using Zelda's baton? It seems kinda... weak. Also I'm terrible at the mission to unlock her level 2 baton, so tips for that would be great.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Kaubocks posted:

So what's the trick to using Zelda's baton? It seems kinda... weak. Also I'm terrible at the mission to unlock her level 2 baton, so tips for that would be great.

There were pages upon pages in this thread discussing that mission, you should look back a few pages.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Cool, I'll poke around.

Wild Knight
Mar 27, 2010

Foul villain! I do not flee. I will never turn my back on you and run away!

[he says, running away]
oh my god Volga, have my manchildren

Something clicked for me today, I'm not sure what, but suddenly I stopped treating the game like a mindless hack and slash and more like an RTS where you're down on the ground personally killing poo poo. I got Ganondorf's level 3 swords on my first try with this line of thinking. :getin:

That said, the first maps of the Master Quest map are soothingly easy.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)
Every time I see "Master Quest Rule: Don't Get Hit!" I die a little inside.

LordHippoman
May 30, 2013

I, frankly, want this smug Jagen to be my avatar on all forms of social media immediately.

chumbler posted:

I have to say, I totally thought I would hate Cia to no end for being nothing more than dumb fanservice before the game came out, and was disappointed when she was the "main" villain.

But there's something really entertaining about how everything she does is so haphazardly strung together and "well gently caress I guess I'll just summon an army of monsters...wait poo poo how do you make them do things", and it's almost endearing. Like dammit, she's...trying. She's way better if you don't take her seriously, and think of her as like the witch from Power Rangers.

G-Dorf will always be my favorite Zelda villain, but she's really not half bad. It also helps that she's one of the only Zelda villains ever whose motivation isn't "Destroy Hyrule because ???".

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
I was a little apprehensive about the concept of Epona as a weapon but goddamn if she's not absolute death incarnate, especially in the maps where you have to kill as many enemies as possible. You just dash all over the place in a nonstop fury of focus power.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)
For anyone apprehensive about it, Volga's level 3 is piss easy.

• Locked thread