Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Needs a way to go to Pandora, so you can get stacks and flakks while shooting rakks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005
This is, sadly, more important to me than bettering myself.

Bussamove posted:

Needs a way to go to Pandora, so you can get stacks and flakks while shooting rakks.
And a bonus for multiple Ack Ack users, so you get bonuses for stacks and flaks while shooting rakks when you do it in packs! :suicide:

Falcon2001
Oct 10, 2004

Eat your hamburgers, Apollo.
Pillbug

Eschatos posted:

Dark Souls

Dark souls doesn't have a map. He's not talking about level design, he means just 'how can you give people a 2d map for a largely complex 3d environment'

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Falcon2001 posted:

Dark souls doesn't have a map. He's not talking about level design, he means just 'how can you give people a 2d map for a largely complex 3d environment'
I think that was the joke. I hope anyway, since that's a pretty famous feature of Dark Souls.

Nisha is just aggressively unfunny. There are lots of ways to make a funny sadist character but I feel like the writer just gave up before he started on her. There's no way anyone with any skill at writing could think "I haven't been this happy since my mom died" was a funny thing to say over and over again.

edit: However, there's another problem too: like 90% of the characters in this series, ally and enemy, are sadists. She would have needed something else going for her as well to be an interesting character.

Samurai Sanders fucked around with this message at 10:03 on Oct 16, 2014

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Father Wendigo posted:

And a bonus for multiple Ack Ack users, so you get bonuses for stacks and flaks while shooting rakks when you do it in packs! :suicide:
Ah yes, the famed "Cathy Mode."

watho
Aug 2, 2013

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

Father Wendigo posted:

Seems like it was worth the backtracks.

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?
Not really feeling Nisha at the moment. The extremely short skill duration seems at odds with the encounters being a constant stream of 1-2 enemies spawning at a time. The flicking between targets also seems to be completely random, with it either deciding to flick at the slightest vibration or require flailing like crazy to get it to switch. It also seems to miss a lot due to enemy movement, which kind of destroys the whole point of the skill.

It's possible this is just me hating low level Borderlands. I just don't see a lot in the skill tree that screams for a particular build to exploit what she can do.

Action George
Apr 13, 2013

Mailer posted:

Not really feeling Nisha at the moment. The extremely short skill duration seems at odds with the encounters being a constant stream of 1-2 enemies spawning at a time. The flicking between targets also seems to be completely random, with it either deciding to flick at the slightest vibration or require flailing like crazy to get it to switch. It also seems to miss a lot due to enemy movement, which kind of destroys the whole point of the skill.

It's possible this is just me hating low level Borderlands. I just don't see a lot in the skill tree that screams for a particular build to exploit what she can do.

What kind of guns are you using? She's pretty much tailor made for Jakobs guns and I haven't really found many other guns that work too well with Showdown (the ocasional Vladof assault rifle is okay). There's definitely some oddness to the targetting though. I've definitely had trouble with it locking onto enemies blocked by terrain and projectiles now and again.

Skandranon
Sep 6, 2008
fucking stupid, dont listen to me

Crazy Larry posted:

What kind of guns are you using? She's pretty much tailor made for Jakobs guns and I haven't really found many other guns that work too well with Showdown (the ocasional Vladof assault rifle is okay). There's definitely some oddness to the targetting though. I've definitely had trouble with it locking onto enemies blocked by terrain and projectiles now and again.

Showdown really works well with anything that fires quickly, and can either be reloaded quickly or has a large enough magazine to not need reloading. Laser weapons work really well in this regard, as they are accurate, have large clips, and relatively low reload times. I absolutely destroyed Bosun with an electric laser shotgun in Showdown. Lasers everywhere.

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

The thing about words is that meanings can twist just like a snake, and if you want to find snakes, look for them behind words that have changed their meaning.
Seconding laser Nisha. I've got one of those Maliwan laser rifles with the continuous firing damage bonus, and picked Riflewoman talents on this playthrough so between Showdown and Unchained's stacking effect the fire rate gets absurd and entire rooms vanish into burning red mist before the jaunty Showdown tune finishes playing. Those two Dahl power suits from the entrance to the Titan factory died in seconds even though I was doing wrong-element damage (fire against armour).

Poistiant
Aug 22, 2006
Ghostbuster Showdown is the best kind, I went down the center tree and nothing was close to it until I got double pistols along with the shoots twice and a good mod that gives magnificent six bonus.

Solartide
Oct 3, 2013

by XyloJW
Nisha's skill is great against enemies standing still out in the open, but otherwise manually aiming scores me more criticals per bullet since I can lead moving targets. Auto-snipers work well with Nisha, with the +0.5 seconds of skill time per kill ability you can clear a room well enough. Dahl guns work really well too, using a Dahl laser weapon and it increases the burst rate of the gun.

Skandranon
Sep 6, 2008

Solartide posted:

Nisha's skill is great against enemies standing still out in the open, but otherwise manually aiming scores me more criticals per bullet since I can lead moving targets. Auto-snipers work well with Nisha, with the +0.5 seconds of skill time per kill ability you can clear a room well enough. Dahl guns work really well too, using a Dahl laser weapon and it increases the burst rate of the gun.

Her skill is also good for aerial combat, as you can get good accuracy while flying through the air setting up your buttslams, which goes very well with her left hand tree. Can easily get to max Order stacks in a few seconds by slamming a group of 3 twice. At max Order (30) stacks, her Thunder Crackdown attack does +750% melee damage as lightning.

Doodles
Apr 14, 2001
I didn't think it would take long for the most broken combination of gear & skills to come to light, and I was right.

Step 1: Play Athena, go down the melee tree and make sure you get bleed effects.

Step 2. Obtain a Moxxi's Probe: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EotDIfae0rw

Step 3: Obtain a Shooting Star roid shield: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xVU1JJlhtBo

Welcome to the one-shot wonder! And two-shot raid boss!

"Unless you get a broke-rear end combination of gear and wanna impress folks on the ECHO net." Oh, Brick. :cheeky:

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

To yolo rolls! The cause and solution to all problems!
Is there a config I can edit or something to disable the sound distortion on the moon surface? It makes me nauseous.

Attack on Princess fucked around with this message at 17:56 on Oct 16, 2014

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten
So I'm actually having problems with the gunship boss at the shaft. I'm playing Wilhelm specced into the Wolf tree, but the gunship seems to be too fast for Wolf to hit reliably. I hope I don't have to respec or something.

Literal Nazi Furry
Jan 27, 2008

Swastika - Helvetica - Ikea
Last night I dreamt of Adolf searching for Anne.
I lay on my back
standing alone in the corner watching the girls dance.

I'm on crystal meth.
I piss in my pants.
I'll edit out this post if someone has already posted about it, but it seems that modders found something in the game files about a new dlc class.

Literal Nazi Furry fucked around with this message at 20:24 on Oct 16, 2014

wafflemoose
Apr 10, 2009

How bad are the loot drop rates and level scaling this time around? Borderlands 2 got nigh unplayable for me at higher levels due to these things being horribly unbalanced. Is it just as hosed here?

wafflemoose fucked around with this message at 20:32 on Oct 16, 2014

Doodles
Apr 14, 2001
It's been decent enough for me so far. No legendaries, but plenty of good blues and purples.

wDarkk - Just get some gear that will hit out to range. I've seen people use SMGs, ARs, and snipers.

EDIT: Literal Nazi Furry - COBRAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!

Doodles fucked around with this message at 20:35 on Oct 16, 2014

Skandranon
Sep 6, 2008

Starhawk64 posted:

How bad are the loot drop rates and level scaling this time around? Borderlands 2 got nigh unplayable for me at higher levels due to these things being horribly unbalanced. Is it just as hosed here?

Supposedly, this is fixed in the PS. It is supposedly somewhere between BL1 scaling and BL2 scaling.

Literal Nazi Furry posted:

I'll edit out this post if someone has already posted about it, but it seems that modders found something in the game files about a new dlc class.

Anyone got ideas on where she is from? I don't recognize her, which is strange as all the characters so far are connected well to either BL1 and BL2

Skandranon fucked around with this message at 20:36 on Oct 16, 2014

Skandranon
Sep 6, 2008
Oops double post

mastersord
Feb 15, 2001

Gold Card Putty Fan Club
Member Since 2017!
Soiled Meat

Starhawk64 posted:

It's just as bad as before unfortunately. There is hope for a new cheat engine file to fix things but it's not out yet as far as I'm aware.

That reminds me, any tips for good chest farming spots?

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Just give yourself tons of golden keys.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

Skandranon posted:

Anyone got ideas on where she is from? I don't recognize her, which is strange as all the characters so far are connected well to either BL1 and BL2

New character by the looks of it.

Captain Diarrhoea
Apr 16, 2011
I've played a few hours now and I feel like I had shot way more dudes in the face by a similar point in Blands 2. Is it just me or does this have a shortage of faces to shoot. The scav camps feel more like a trickle of enemies than a firefight, there's a lot of fire dogs and eye dongs that I am deleting from my car with these auto missiles.

There are a lot of odd things here and there that give you a negative disposition towards the game as you go, like not hitting that dumb bridge at the start at the correct wonky angle and dying half a dozen times, clipping issues and realising they've added like nothing in the way of content to the existing gun types. It couldn't have been hard to add some skins or something.

It will probably pick up and I am just being grumpy about the early parts. Spaaaaaace.

fe; Also the traditionally bad writing feels bland now too, the only dialogue I can remember from my session just there was noticing the whole 'nyerherhehrerhe lesbians' thing they do over and over.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Turning off the crappy looking border effect and the cel shading works in this one too. Hooray for being built on the same architecture! Now to just force some more AA in Nvidia Inspector and it'll look great! :toot:

Dyz
Dec 10, 2010
Looking to join the steam group:

http://steamcommunity.com/id/BobRossTheBoss/

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten

Doodles posted:

wDarkk - Just get some gear that will hit out to range. I've seen people use SMGs, ARs, and snipers.

It turned out what I needed was just a good night's sleep. The drat thing still killed me more than every other boss combined though (unless there's a second raid boss somewhere).

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

wdarkk posted:

It turned out what I needed was just a good night's sleep. The drat thing still killed me more than every other boss combined though (unless there's a second raid boss somewhere).

There is the raid boss that's just the final boss again, which is sad.

I guess the one in the lava lake isn't a raid one, and it dropped better loot too.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Zarpedon dropped a legendary for me. :toot: First one I've seen. Anyone know if this is a guaranteed drop or me being lucky?

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
I didn't get one, so no, it's not guaranteed. In fact I haven't ever gotten a single legendary from a boss so far, all of mine have come from normal run of the mill enemies. Not even the final boss or the raid boss dropped any.

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005
This is, sadly, more important to me than bettering myself.

I think they may have fixed how guns scale, but they forgot to include melee in the overhaul. I went back through Deadlift's place last night to get a mission for a new skin, and I was pleasantly surprised by how just about everyone in there wasn't popping into red puffs of smoke despite having weapons ten levels higher than them. But then I melee'd a Scav who backed into me, and I nearly knocked off 2/3 of this health in one swipe - this was with no melee boosts from skills or gear.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
If anyone cares, I've had a Borderlands IRC room set up since BL2 came out.

#sa-borderlands on synirc.net

Here's an easy link for you lazy and/or low-tech people:

http://cgiirc.synirc.net/

Type in a nickname, then put #sa-borderlands in the Channel field, then click Login.

There aren't many people in there now but if you idle and hang around other people will definitely show up.

AHungryRobot
Oct 12, 2012
Did anyone else experience a thing where your shield would recharge insanely fast? Like, so fast it would recharge as you were being damaged? It made the raid boss pretty easy.

Dyz
Dec 10, 2010
Showdown + reload/fire rate OZ + maliwan lazer = dead room

I thought I wouldn't like playing as Nisha since I didn't really feel autoaim is a great action skill, but combos like this prove me wrong.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

I'm really curious what Jack's Body Double's skill is going to end up being.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

Kaethela posted:

I'm really curious what Jack's Body Double's skill is going to end up being.

My guess is doofy wrist guns.

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Dyz posted:

Showdown + reload/fire rate OZ + maliwan lazer = dead room

I thought I wouldn't like playing as Nisha since I didn't really feel autoaim is a great action skill, but combos like this prove me wrong.

it seems a little bit not fair when i drop a boss in one cooldown with a fast reloading laser.
I got the legendary assault rifle that goes through shields and now its even more bananas

Metrohunter
Sep 30, 2009

Ain't no thing like me, 'cept me.
Lasers are so good, it's just a pain to control sustained fire unless you're Nisha or you're lucky and find a Hyperion one. Most of mine have been Tediore so far.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arthe Xavier
Apr 22, 2007

Artificial Stupidity
The game just unlocked on Steam an hour and a half ago for us EU goons, and I have to say that it is refreshing to be back in the world of Borderlands - especially after putting a hundred or so hours into Destiny. Chose Nisha as my character - the gunslinger / whip-combo is cool. And I just know that I have to make a Claptrap later on, too.

I've read some criticism that this feels like an expansion and not a "true sequel", but I am completely fine with that. BL2 took about 80 hours from my life and I enjoyed every minute of it, and even if this installment halves that playtime, it is money well spent.

• Locked thread