Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Met posted:

Survivor Editors, not every vote is a #blindside.

Every vote is a #blindside now on every reality tv show.

Blindside is synonymous with "voted out" now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

GaussianCopula posted:

It's

Drew: Kelly, Natalie, Jeremy, Julie, Misty
Julie: Reed, Keith
Keith: Jon
Kelly: Drew

How did that come about? Well:

Drew told the guys to vote out Kelly and they all told him they would do that, but never planned to.
Jon sees that Jeremy has a lot of pull and switches from Julie to Keith to look like he supported Jeremy.
Reed and Keith are not informed of Jon's or Jeremy's plans and vote Julie. They think Jon's plan to vote out someone who is still a "pair" is on.
Jeremy gets told by his alliance from episode one that they want Drew out and he goes with it to stay on their side. They also could potentially have a suballiance of people without a partner in the game.

This makes sense.

Preview chat: It sure does make Jon look like an rear end for going off on his tribe if he just went off on his own with a perceived 5-4 split though.

Mercaptopropyl
Sep 16, 2006

I can be framed easier than Whistler's Mother

TMMadman posted:

The only man who seems to have any brains in the Blue tribe is Jon...

:lol: good one

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Keith and Jeremy talking at tribal was the funniest thing.

Keith has one strange strategy going on.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Poque posted:

Sandra is as much of an assassin as you can be in Survivor!

:colbert:

paperchaseguy
Feb 21, 2002

THEY'RE GONNA SAY NO

CODChimera posted:

Keith and Jeremy talking at tribal was the funniest thing.

Keith has one strange strategy going on.

It was a dumb move to point at Jeremy... but it may work out for Keith. Crazy like a fox?

eta: need a gif of Keith jumping like he'd uncovered a snake instead of the idol

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Jeremy's bullshit is going to wear thin really fast, especially if the truth comes out about his dumb wife after the swap.

Keith made a needlessly stupid play but it may work out in his favor considering Jeremy's emotional play.

I also have a gut feeling that Jeremy was really only "in" with Natalie, so if they split, he could be on the outside looking in.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Ghostpilot posted:

So he's throwing the challenge to break their winning streak to vote someone out so his own tribe can go further.

Makes perfect sense to me! :pseudo:
I believe Drew said something about a couple's thing he wanted to get set up, with Jon and Jaclyn and him and Alec but they'd need more than that to have a majority at the merge. Maybe he mentioned some other names? I forget. If they had enough numbers, it would make sense to throw a challenge, boot an enemy, and save Jaclyn, who was going home from the other tribe.

Joose Caboose posted:

Haha what? It was Jon that voted for Keith
Haha, he was trying to get on the same page with the other guys but honestly just had no idea where the votes were going!! Like he said!

That was all so absurd.

Drew could have gotten away with throwing that challenge if he would've just jumped on with the Julie vote instead of trying to force his Kelley thing no one was having down everyone's throats. And he actually votes for her, too, even though he has no support! And that's what allowed the women to vote out Drew.

It was Natalie who said the guys are all over the place, this is our chance to knock one of them out, so I give her credit this episode. I can't believe the men actually really did end up voting in all different directions, though. Come on, how do you not figure something out before Tribal?

Jeremy was right about everything on the Keith thing but he got too emotional about it. He should've given up lobbying for Keith and joined in on the Julie campaign early enough that people would actually know where to vote when Tribal came. Jesus. But even if every other person was trying to vote Julie, I think Drew still was going to throw his vote at Kelley because he is just so dumb, stubborn, and used to getting his way.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

That episode was painful to watch.

How out of touch do you have to be with reality to the point that you're considered mentally disabled?

Because wherever that line is, Drew is on the other side loudly and proudly proclaiming that he won "the race" and how good a runner he is, etc.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

sportsgenius86 posted:

Jeremy's bullshit is going to wear thin really fast, especially if the truth comes out about his dumb wife after the swap.

Keith made a needlessly stupid play but it may work out in his favor considering Jeremy's emotional play.

I also have a gut feeling that Jeremy was really only "in" with Natalie, so if they split, he could be on the outside looking in.
I think Jeremy might be useful as a low member of an alliance if he actually switched alliances and this wasn't just a spite vote. There are a lot of uses for a guy who makes himself a target but still votes the right way.

Was there a satisfying explanation for why Drew was hung up on Kelley instead of Julie?

paperchaseguy
Feb 21, 2002

THEY'RE GONNA SAY NO

UltimoDragonQuest posted:

I think Jeremy might be useful as a low member of an alliance if he actually switched alliances and this wasn't just a spite vote. There are a lot of uses for a guy who makes himself a target but still votes the right way.

Was there a satisfying explanation for why Drew was hung up on Kelley instead of Julie?

according to Drew, because she was quiet and in the background

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

I think it's very obvious that Drew lives in this bubble where the best looking people have the most influence and as such identified the most attractive girl as the most powerful.

It's why he thinks so highly of himself, his brother and his potential when aligning himself with Jaclyn and Jon.

Truther Vandross fucked around with this message at 21:30 on Oct 16, 2014

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Fast Luck posted:

I believe Drew said something about a couple's thing he wanted to get set up

I thought it was Jon trying to set this up.

Mercaptopropyl
Sep 16, 2006

I can be framed easier than Whistler's Mother

Lone Goat posted:

It was, and then Jon somehow ended up voting for Keith because he had no idea what was going on.

edit: also have to admit it was nice to see someone (Kelley) just keep their mouth shut and let the idiot trying to vote them off seal their own fate.

Mercaptopropyl fucked around with this message at 22:01 on Oct 16, 2014

DaisyDanger
Feb 19, 2007

Sorry, a system error occurred.
Drew also said Kelley being a huge fan of the show makes her a threat.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

DaisyDanger posted:

Truly she is Cochran reborn.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Who?

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

You probably knew him as "Cock Train"

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Lone Goat posted:

Jon did back at camp, but I mean while on Exile, when Drew was talking to Jaclyn, he definitely was talking about hooking up as pairs later.

DaisyDanger
Feb 19, 2007

Sorry, a system error occurred.

Professor Shark posted:

You probably knew him as "Cock Train"

You reminded me of the time Ozzy wrote something instead of Cochran on his vote card and now I just had to google what it was. I forgot all about it until now. I was really hoping for Cock Train, but

Typical Ozzy, disappointing me again.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

I could have sworn there was something about Cock Train... maybe people called him that in a thread?

paperchaseguy
Feb 21, 2002

THEY'RE GONNA SAY NO

sportsgenius86 posted:

I think it's very obvious that Drew lives in this bubble where the best looking people have the most influence and as such identified the most attractive girl as the most powerful.

It's why he thinks so highly of himself, his brother and his potential when aligning himself with Jaclyn and Jon.

that's probably accurate... especially if you look at his preseason interview answers again:

Drew Christy posted:

Survivor Contestant You Are Most Like: Fabio or Malcolm because they are athletic, smart bros that know how to manipulate people and situations to advance themselves.

eta: lol

Drew Christy posted:

Personal claim to fame: I seem to pull off the unthinkable with ease. People will ask me…How did you do that?

well you sure pulled off the whole "not thinking" thing easily

Red_Museum
Apr 17, 2011

Shredded Hen
Drew described himself as "intellectually privileged" on his exit interview with Rob.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Red_Museum posted:

Drew described himself as "intellectually privileged" on his exit interview with Rob.

I thought he said he wasn't as intellectually privileged... or am I hearing what I think he should have said?

Metropolis
Apr 6, 2006
This episode was amazing. There was more chaos in the tribe because of Drew's attempt at being a mastermind who calmly lays down the law than there is when someone goes "welp, I really need to CREATE CHAOS if I'm going to survive this vote."

Some of the editing early on had me worried. Drew standing high on top of a thingy with voice-over talking about how he's going to win the game, isn't that something like a "winner shot"?

I agree with whoever said Drew's brother seems just as dumb. At least, from the editing this episode, he did not come off great at all.

Seriously I can't believe Drew threw the challenge to try to vote out someone who was seemingly not at all targeting him, while he did not have anyone at all on board with his vote beforehand and nobody he could really convince after the challenge, and with nothing to back up his "big move" like an immunity idol. And he wasn't doing it to save anyone on the other tribe either. And he also didn't just switch to an equally good target people said they would go along with like Julie. He was playing some sort of Ego Chicken with himself and drove off a cliff because that's better than doing pussy idiot things like anything other than Plan A.

The ~*girl's alliance*~ is unbeatable you guys, give up now, hth.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
They did everything except play circus music in the background when Drew was on screen so I don't know how you got a winner's edit from anything he may have done.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

They gave him the triumphant Earl-standing-on-top-of-a-rock helicopter shot.

oneof27
May 27, 2007
DSMtalker
^^^All in the service of heightening the schadenfreude.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Pinterest Mom posted:

They gave him the triumphant Earl-standing-on-top-of-a-rock helicopter shot.

"Hey Drew, we want to do a victory camera angle from a Helicopter. *wink wink* Go stand majestically over there."

Watching the season finale (the episode before the reunion) of Australian Outback. They were extremely sentimental at the end of the older seasons.

Zesty fucked around with this message at 13:51 on Oct 17, 2014

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE

DaisyDanger posted:

If she is,

A) I hope she wins

and

B) I hope she turns up to the reunion wearing a purple dress.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Was RHAP worth listening to this week? Eliza is a one-gimmick waste of time but did Brice say anything interesting or was it a segment full of "DOT DOT DOT HMMM"?

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

Lone Goat posted:

Was RHAP worth listening to this week? Eliza is a one-gimmick waste of time but did Brice say anything interesting or was it a segment full of "DOT DOT DOT HMMM"?

There was a lot of dot do dot hmm's but he was actually pretty funny. Eliza wasn't even that bad.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Lone Goat posted:

I can't believe Brice lasted like one episode and still came out with two phrases ("dot dot dot... hmmm!" and "talk of the town, talk of the town, talk of the town") that I still remember and chuckle at

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

I haven't watched RHAPs bootie interview show with Drew but the live one he did directly after the Wednesday broadcast was hilarious as Rob and Steven tried to deconstruct the vote and break down how unbelievably stupid everyone on this season is.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

This is a wonderfully stupid cast. Drew throwing a challenge and getting himself voted out should be the dumbest thing so far but John really believed Val had 2 idols which was itself an incredibly stupid lie.

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc

Robnoxious posted:

I haven't watched RHAPs bootie interview show with Drew but the live one he did directly after the Wednesday broadcast was hilarious as Rob and Steven tried to deconstruct the vote and break down how unbelievably stupid everyone on this season is.

The boot interview was pretty good, Rob was subtly mocking him the entire time and Drew didn't notice.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

UltimoDragonQuest posted:

This is a wonderfully stupid cast.

Painfully stupid. Normally I love watching idiots implode but I'm really not feeling it this season. I don't know if I'm burning out on Survivor after all these years or this season is just that bad.

Drew was so awful it's a drat shame he took away a spot that could have been used to cast someone else. Same is true for half the cast, and the other half just hasn't got enough screen time for me to be sure.

Arcanen
Dec 19, 2005

BGrifter posted:

Painfully stupid. Normally I love watching idiots implode but I'm really not feeling it this season. I don't know if I'm burning out on Survivor after all these years or this season is just that bad.

Drew was so awful it's a drat shame he took away a spot that could have been used to cast someone else. Same is true for half the cast, and the other half just hasn't got enough screen time for me to be sure.

Yeah, they really messed up with the casting this season. Usually there are at least a few people who have some idea of how to play the game, but this season?

I think it's the fault of Blood vs. Water. In the first BvW season, they had a tribe of returnees who are typically interesting/strong players (this is not advocating for returnee tribes/seasons, it's just the reality that it's generally the more interesting players who are asked to return). But the issue with BvW is that you are casting groups of two rather than individuals, and it is way harder to find interesting couples where both players are interesting than interesting individuals. So immediately you can guess that half the cast will be duds.

Unfortunately here, it seems that the entire cast are duds.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

BGrifter posted:

You take that back, Drew was amazing! Like, if he was a dumb model who never did anything but loaf around, then he'd be a waste of a spot. But he was a mind manipulator and master strategist.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

Fast Luck posted:

You take that back, Drew was amazing! Like, if he was a dumb model who never did anything but loaf around, then he'd be a waste of a spot. But he was a mind manipulator and master strategist.

I wanted to find him an entertaining dumbass but for that to work for me he needed to survive the week. I love overplaying idiots who blindly stumble forward surviving week after week despite doing all the wrong things. This was just a stupid flame out, seen it too many times.

• Locked thread