Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo

fishtobaskets posted:

I never used 2-star Hawkeye before he got changed, but dang if he isn't a pretty kickass support character now. Speed shot can stack with multiple crits (having 9 on the board is pretty hilarious), and I like that you can choose where to put the blue/red countdown tiles so you can stick them in a corner.

I don't think he'll win a match by himself, but he makes a great compliment to a standard tank/dps type team. For crit-generators like MNMags polarity shift & GSBW deceptive tactics, he's pretty ridiculous.

Can you imagine where we'd be if C.Mags wasn't changed before Hawkeye was?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

Anyway, I'm just going to try applying to alliances with goon in the name. Hope I pick one of the right ones. I am Graipaid in game.

e: Hmm, I'm still pending on an alliance but the game is showing an alliance rank under my normal rank.

Regrettable fucked around with this message at 02:02 on Oct 16, 2014

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

It's not about butthole pleasures
Lipstick Apathy
These lightning rounds are pretty great. Solid central character that the whales don't have, itty bitty brackets, double XP, & lots of pregen teams.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
Yeah just go nuts with these LRs, you won't see rewards like this until next year probably

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Live, laugh, kupo!

Holy crap on female Thor. And I thought Patch was a game of rocket tag.

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

fishtobaskets posted:

These lightning rounds are pretty great. Solid central character that the whales don't have, itty bitty brackets, double XP, & lots of pregen teams.

Yeah, I played 3 last night and got third place once and first place twice.

e: And just got first place in my first one of the day.

Regrettable fucked around with this message at 23:33 on Oct 16, 2014

skipdogg
Nov 29, 2004
Resident SRT-4 Expert

I don't get how these brackets are created. I'm cruising along doing just fine in a LR, and then in the last 10 minutes 2 different dudes with a roster full of 166 three star dudes just whoops me. I have like 5 Level 94 ** dudes on my roster. It is not possible to compete with people with those rosters. I can't take down a 100 LadyThor/166 X-Force/166 CDaken

Happy Bear Suit
Jul 21, 2004

In honor of the anniversary, here's a secret tip to all my forum friends on how to always get anniversary tokens in the She-Thor LR's:

1. Open up MPQ before the lightning round starts
2. When the LR countdown has reached 0:00, push the button and enter the node screen
3. You should see the seed teams. DON'T ACTUALLY FIGHT ANYONE YET!!
4. Wait until there's 15mins left in the event.
5. Beat everyone up as fast as you can, win.

Ever since the event started, I've been getting only 1st or 2nd place finishes by doing this.

Wet Biscuit McGlee
Jul 13, 2006

girls hate me
Yeah, I poopsocked an event last night and got all burnt out and won it. But I won the next one by entering 10 minutes till it ended.

Still, if you don't care about tokens, you can get like 10k ISO by beating up seed teams and people with level 30 Thor's and Wolverines.

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

Happy Bear Suit posted:

In honor of the anniversary, here's a secret tip to all my forum friends on how to always get anniversary tokens in the She-Thor LR's:

2. When the LR countdown has reached 0:00, push the button and enter the node screen

Ever since the event started, I've been getting only 1st or 2nd place finishes by doing this.

I've just been playing from beginning to end and, including the three games I played last night, I've won 9 in a row. The only one I lost was the first one I played. I dropped 150 points in the last ten minutes on that one.

skipdogg posted:

I don't get how these brackets are created. I'm cruising along doing just fine in a LR, and then in the last 10 minutes 2 different dudes with a roster full of 166 three star dudes just whoops me. I have like 5 Level 94 ** dudes on my roster. It is not possible to compete with people with those rosters. I can't take down a 100 LadyThor/166 X-Force/166 CDaken

I just skip them until I get a group of level 60s or below or wait for someone to beat me. It seems to make you more prominent and give harder opponents when you're in first, so, if you cruise up to first as fast as possible and then wait for a couple of people to beat you, you'll get easier opponents. I usually win by about 100 points just beating the easiest people I can as fast as I can.

Regrettable fucked around with this message at 10:35 on Oct 17, 2014

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Balance of Power is still the best. Collect Headbutt Tokens, Headbutt everybody to death, repeat. Do some Unstoppable Crashes as well. Add OBW and Hood for even more hilarity. Sure, it blows right through your healthpacks, but who cares, it's fun. Just don't fight anyone else with Juggernaut. It's miserable.

They should just replace the season long SHIELD simulator thing with a Balanc of Power version. Or a Lazy Juggernaut 4*. :v: His third power could be a True Healing Passive that triggers when he downs somebody.

Wolfsbane
Jul 29, 2009

What time is it, Eccles?

I sold my 5/5 juggernaut to make more room for lovely 3* characters that I'll never get another cover for. Poor decision.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

If you drew a devil dino red or green, use that instead. He's ridiculous!

Wolfsbane
Jul 29, 2009

What time is it, Eccles?

Sold him, on the theory that I'll never get another cover, so why bother.

It's possible I may not be very good at this game.

e:

Happy Bear Suit posted:

How many points are you getting doing this? I can't get more than about 150 points in 20 minutes, and that's not even enough for top 5.

Wolfsbane fucked around with this message at 15:31 on Oct 17, 2014

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Overall, this has been a pretty good week for me. At the beginning, my playable 3-stars were Punisher & GSBW at 102. By tomorrow, I'll have GSBW (5 green) & LazyCap (5 red) to 127, Xforce to 124, Patch & Hulk to 104, and I got MHawkeye from 1 to 94.

Also, Prehistoric arms: :derp:

Happy Bear Suit
Jul 21, 2004

Wolfsbane posted:

How many points are you getting doing this? I can't get more than about 150 points in 20 minutes, and that's not even enough for top 5.
Just a bit over 200. Then again I have a 270 X-Force and a 166 Hood. And if there's someone else gunning for 1st position I'll throw on some +3 green and black boosts to speed things along.

skipdogg
Nov 29, 2004
Resident SRT-4 Expert

Agreed, this has been an awesome week for me. The Anniversary tokens were very generous to me, although the last 2 days have cooled off. I've managed to pull in 5 Dino covers (1/1/3), IW Green, X-Force Yellow, 2 Mowhak Green, a Patch red, a HT Classic Black and 2 purple Lazy Daken covers, not to mention probably over 100K in ISO which leveled almost 3 of my 2 star guys to 94. I'm now in that long journey to collect a usable number of 3 star covers for my guys. I have 23 3 star characters and the most covers I have for any of them is 7 (Spidey) followed by Dino with 5 and a few others with 4.

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

Wolfsbane posted:

Sold him, on the theory that I'll never get another cover, so why bother.

Devil Dino? I've gotten 3 covers for him this week. I still need to get in an alliance, so, if there's one with some open slots, would someone please let me know?

Regrettable fucked around with this message at 22:20 on Oct 17, 2014

herakles
Jan 17, 2009
I just got my 13th cover for my 7th 3 star character. I think I may be turning into a whale. :( Still only have 3 above level 160, though. Stupid ISO. :mad:

Sefer
Sep 2, 2006
Not supposed to be here today

Regrettable posted:

Devil Dino? I've gotten 3 covers for him this week.

I got 5!

4 of them are purple. :(

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

I've had zero. I just want my dinosaur, drat it. :(

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
Be careful not to invest in Devil Dino too much. He's not very good.

Anals of History
Jul 29, 2003

Did get one dino and one She-Hulk. Also got, like, seven Hawkeyes.

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

Sefer posted:

I got 5!

4 of them are purple. :(

I just got my 4th one and three of them are purple so I feel you, buddy.

skipdogg
Nov 29, 2004
Resident SRT-4 Expert

Snazzy Frocks posted:

Be careful not to invest in Devil Dino too much. He's not very good.

He seems like a tank player to me like Hulk. Although his purple could be pretty interesting... moving the board that much can have nice effects.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

I got 3 purple dinos out of this. :v:

Fyrbrand
Dec 30, 2002

Grimey Drawer
2 red and 1 green Dino, never a purple. I did manage to get the 20k iso drop though. That was pretty sweet.

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

Yay, I just got my first Nick Fury and I only need 50 more hp for 2 character slots so I can keep it.

Auritech
May 27, 2004

Blessed be the tailors
The masks are cut to fit

Blessed be the woodworkers
The crosses and the gallows

Blessed be the forgers of iron
And the spikes and the barbwire

Blessed be the stone cutters
It took a quarry to bury the dreams
I got three purple Devil Dinosaurs, but more useful to me was getting enough ISO to take my Lazy Cap and Psylocke to level cap. If I can get some of my other three stars up as much as I can in the last few hours, it'll be bonus.

Edit: oh, I just noticed it's over. But I did get a 7000 ISO anniversary token out of it, plus a Captain Marvel too.

Auritech fucked around with this message at 07:14 on Oct 18, 2014

Happy Bear Suit
Jul 21, 2004

This was a good event. Made a bunch of ISO and now have a fully covered Barney.

Boogaloo Shrimp
Aug 2, 2004

I opened at least 30 anniversary tokens and only got one (red) dino and two 3* covers :mad:

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Happy Bear Suit posted:

This was a good event. Made a bunch of ISO and now have a fully covered Barney.

t:mad:t

skipdogg
Nov 29, 2004
Resident SRT-4 Expert

A question for you more experienced players. I'm sitting on about 30K ISO and I have the following ** characters at level 94

Ares
OBW
Daken
HTorch
CSTorm
AWolvie

And I have CMags and Thor sitting at level 77 and 80 respectively. Should I dump the ISO into getting one of them to 94, or should I just start banking it for when I get enough 3* covers to upgrade those guys. None of my 3* guys are close to needing to leveled as I'm short on covers. I tend to favor Ares over Thor, but a 94 CMags could be useful for a long time. I'm leaning towards CMags right now.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
If you have 6 maxed 2*s you really should start investing in 3*s instead of more 2*s

skipdogg
Nov 29, 2004
Resident SRT-4 Expert

I'm way short on covers. I'm finally at the point where I'm getting top 100 in PVP, and I'm usually top 50 in PVE events. Going to take a while though.

I could take a 3/3/1 Spidey to level 91... that's about it. Most of my 3 star guys have 1-4 covers. Or I'll just keep banking it.

Sefer
Sep 2, 2006
Not supposed to be here today

skipdogg posted:

I'm way short on covers. I'm finally at the point where I'm getting top 100 in PVP, and I'm usually top 50 in PVE events. Going to take a while though.

I could take a 3/3/1 Spidey to level 91... that's about it. Most of my 3 star guys have 1-4 covers. Or I'll just keep banking it.

Bank it, once you get enough 3* covers in someone you're going to need a ton of ISO to level them. You have enough 2* characters to handle events while you're getting 3* covers.

If you absolutely had to max another 2*, Mags+Storm is a pretty great combo. But I think it'd be better to wait until you had a 3* you could get over 100 with and then dump your saved ISO in.

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

skipdogg posted:

I tend to disagree with the conventional wisdom that you should start banking for 3-stars early. I think that advice was based on the era of the game where you could make sustained 2-star pushes with OBW spamming heals to keep you going. Now I think you need a deeper 2-star roster to make those same pushes to get into the top 100 & start accumulating 3-star covers. Post-true healing, I've leaned heavily on a rotation of mnmags/cstorm, thor/obw, & wolvie/daken to sustain my attack, & it's working. I can usually get at least one 3-star cover per event, but the progress is slow enough that I haven't had too many iso shortages for the 3-star guys I'm focusing on.

e: even though I only mentioned 6 guys in my rotation, I use all the midtier+ 2-stars during my pushes. Once I wear out my A,B,C teams, I start subbing in suitable backups where it's appropriate, e.g. ares for thor, HT for Wolverine.

fishtobaskets fucked around with this message at 19:42 on Oct 20, 2014

avantgardener
Sep 16, 2003

There are also so many 3 star characters now that it takes ages to get the covers for them. Until recently I always had something to spend the ISO on but currently have 135k saved up waiting for something worth upgrading.

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

fishtobaskets posted:

I tend to disagree with the conventional wisdom that you should start banking for 3-stars early. I think that advice was based on the era of the game where you could make sustained 2-star pushes with OBW spamming heals to keep you going. Now I think you need a deeper 2-star roster to make those same pushes to get into the top 100 & start accumulating 3-star covers. Post-true healing, I've leaned heavily on a rotation of mnmags/cstorm, thor/obw, & wolvie/daken to sustain my attack, & it's working. I can usually get at least one 3-star cover per event, but the progress is slow enough that I haven't had too many iso shortages for the 3-star guys I'm focusing on.

e: even though I only mentioned 6 guys in my rotation, I use all the midtier+ 2-stars during my pushes. Once I wear out my A,B,C teams, I start subbing in suitable backups where it's appropriate, e.g. ares for thor, HT for Wolverine.

This is good advice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

skipdogg
Nov 29, 2004
Resident SRT-4 Expert

GTO posted:

There are also so many 3 star characters now that it takes ages to get the covers for them. Until recently I always had something to spend the ISO on but currently have 135k saved up waiting for something worth upgrading.

That's the truth. I have 43 roster spots and 28 of them are 3/4 star characters I'm holding on to trying to get covers.