Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Frankenfinger
May 1, 2007
Ebola Tsar looks weird as written, like something from the newspaper scrambler. What does it unscramble to?

:tinfoil:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

esto es malo
Aug 3, 2006

Don't want to end up a cartoon

In a cartoon graveyard

Able Sorta!!!

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

BiggerBoat posted:

Who the gently caress tests positive for cocaine? That poo poo's out of your system in like a day or something.

Someone who did cocaine last night, I'd presume.

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July

DemeaninDemon posted:

The whole point of a GOP immigration bill is to stir up their media moan machine.

I never said it would be signed, but you're right: it'll sure give Fox fodder when it gets vetoed.

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

SquadronROE posted:

They'll definitely be passing some sort of reform. It's too big of a "ha! Look! We can get things done!" opportunity for them to miss. Especially since their voting base aren't in a position to refute the effectiveness of that reform. And if anyone else says "What you passed is poo poo." they'll say, "Hey, you had years to pass something and didn't. The American people wanted something done, so we did something."

They'll take Mr. King out back and have a kind word with him, and he'll fall in line. It'd be a feather in their cap come 2016, and they badly want the White House again.

Speaking as someone who has lived in the Phoenix area for a long time, this will go over like a lead balloon with the Hispanic community unless it shortens the amount of time for legal immigration and allows the illegal parents of legal kids to ultimately be able to live here with their family intact. Shooting down President Bush (and Rick Perry, for that matter) combined with the racism on display toward the President over the last few years have caused some pretty permanent and incalculable damage to the Republican brand among that audience. It's not going to be as simple as "look at the shiny new immigration law that doesn't do what you need it to do anyways."

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich

BiggerBoat posted:

Who the gently caress tests positive for cocaine? That poo poo's out of your system in like a day or something.

You can actually test postive for use up to a week after but the normal time frame is 3-5 days. That's because you don't screen for cocaine, you screen for what it's metabolized as which stays in the body for longer periods.

Also, he was booted instead of swept under because you don't gently caress with the Navy's zero tolerance drug policy.

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July

Chadderbox posted:

Speaking as someone who has lived in the Phoenix area for a long time, this will go over like a lead balloon with the Hispanic community unless it shortens the amount of time for legal immigration and allows the illegal parents of legal kids to ultimately be able to live here with their family intact.

As if you even need to ask what said bill won't include. Hope you like going back to your home country to wait in the same, increasingly slow, immigration line as all those other immigrants! What? You thought INS was getting more funding? I think you meant ICE.

Oh, and keep in mind, this is a nice compromise. We could have chosen to not even include that provision! Aren't we so kind? Vote Republican 2016!

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Limbo posted:

I'm not sure if it's been mentioned here or in another thread, but apparently Diamond Joe's son Hunter was discharged from the Navy Reserve back in February after testing positive for cocaine. Expect to see all the usual suspects go apoplectic over this further sign of the nation's descent into hell.

You've gotta be trying pretty hard to come up hot for cocaine, that's impressive.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

If Biden decides to run in the primaries I'll vote for Hillary with no reservations if she asks him why he feels his family should be immune to the drug laws he supports during a debate (she won't).

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

Radish posted:

Does he explain exactly how they are going to do that?
By screwing with voting laws so badly only 3 black people in the country can vote, then Ben Carson can hit the 1/3?

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Waaaaaait a minute, Obama just appointed a Czar on October 17 :tinfoil:

To the Glenn Beck chalkboard!

Ron Paul Atreides
Apr 19, 2012

Uyghurs situation in Xinjiang? Just a police action, do not fret. Not ongoing genocide like in EVIL Canada.

I am definitely not a tankie.
college has kept me pretty busy, so I haven't been able to keep up with the Senate midterms, does it look like the GOP is gonna take the Senate?

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

BiggerBoat posted:

"Wait, I have to get drug tested soon? Hold on while I take this bump."

Islam is the Lite Rock FM
Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

Ron Paul Atreides posted:

college has kept me pretty busy, so I haven't been able to keep up with the Senate midterms, does it look like the GOP is gonna take the Senate?

Our God really isn't vengeful or nice or anything. God just really likes to see us drunk as poo poo.

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

Ron Paul Atreides posted:

There have been multiple confirmed cases of Ebola in the United States and we bombed a Middle Eastern terrorist group just enough to piss off doves and not enough to satisfy hawks.

Ron Paul Atreides
Apr 19, 2012

Uyghurs situation in Xinjiang? Just a police action, do not fret. Not ongoing genocide like in EVIL Canada.

I am definitely not a tankie.
well god drat it

I forgot the electorate is completely irrational

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

No matter how much paperwork I process, it never goes away. It only increases.
Republicans are the id of America, and right now with Ebola and ISIS and all that poo poo it's easier to let your id completely take over, huh :sigh:

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

Joementum posted:

He also says in that interview that he thinks Republicans can capture a third of the African American vote.

Oh, boy! A whole third!

Talmonis
Jun 24, 2012
The fairy of forgiveness has removed your red text.

Popular Thug Drink posted:

That's why piss tests happen most frequently on Monday mornings.

What people do on the weekend, on their own time should be nobodies goddamn business.

Amergin
Jan 29, 2013

THE SOUND A WET FART MAKES

joeburz posted:

Able Sorta!!!

USPOL NOVEMBER: Ebola Tsar, Able Sorta

EDIT:

Talmonis posted:

What people do on the weekend, on their own time should be nobodies goddamn business.

Including illegal activities, apparently.

Just do your murders and robberies on the weekends.

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

DemeaninDemon posted:

Our God really isn't vengeful or nice or anything. God just really likes to see us drunk as poo poo.

Why else he would have made alcohol basically the easiest thing to make no matter where in the world you live?

Talmonis
Jun 24, 2012
The fairy of forgiveness has removed your red text.

Amergin posted:

*Wet fart*

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Don't fry me, I'm no chicken!
http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/news/where-the-tea-party-rules-20141014

So this is a real good article you should read. I have family in and from Lima and have spent a lot of time there, and this is depressingly accurate. Lima was tea party since the 80s at least, and the current result is how those policies shake out.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Talmonis posted:

You don't have "your own time" if you're in the military.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Talmonis posted:

I'm willing to make an exception for cops and lawmakers.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.
What I meant was that it's hard to get popped for coke unless you're a habitual user or incredibly unlucky. How often does the military drug test soldiers? Daily? Weekly? Monthly?

Most positive drug tests come up as "weed" since that takes forever to metabolize.

Dystram
May 30, 2013

by Ralp

Fried Chicken posted:

So this is a real good article you should read. I have family in and from Lima and have spent a lot of time there, and this is depressingly accurate. Lima was tea party since the 80s at least, and the current result is how those policies shake out.

Oh, man, loving Lima. Not too far from me. I did not know it was a Tea Party stronghold; I did know it's just a shithole though, which I guess is kind of the same thing.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Quote of the day, "I went to a restaurant up in New York when I was there during the General Assembly, and my credit card was rejected. It turned out I guess I don't use it enough. So they thought there was some fraud going on. Fortunately, Michelle had hers." ~ Barack Obama at the CFPB.

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Joementum posted:

Quote of the day, "I went to a restaurant up in New York when I was there during the General Assembly, and my credit card was rejected. It turned out I guess I don't use it enough. So they thought there was some fraud going on. Fortunately, Michelle had hers." ~ Barack Obama at the CFPB.

Oh, Barry. Of course they'd cancel a credit card issued to "Barack H. Obama," thats like, the most fake credit card name ever.

Islam is the Lite Rock FM
Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

My Imaginary GF posted:

Oh, Barry. Of course they'd cancel a credit card issued to "B-Rock The Islamic Shock Super Allah Hussein Obama" thats like, the most fake credit card name ever.

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

Sorry Joementum. I challenge your quote of the day with my own:

Dr. Ben Carson posted:

I would choose common sense over knowledge in almost every circumstance.

:911: :911: :911:

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Fried Chicken posted:

Honestly I don't think many people have much faith left in government even if they aren't Tea Partiers. While the Republicans and more specifically the Tea Partiers are actively trying to burn the country to the ground and loot whatever ruins are left, the Democrats don't really seem to have much of a plan outside of swaying to public opinion on social issues (and not actually leading until it becomes clear those specific issues are popular) and sacrificing labor, minorities, and the poor in order to gain the favor of financial interests which are needed to win elections. Obviously the Democrats are much less terrible but we've reached a point where more and more of America doesn't really see a difference and becoming disillusioned in the ability of our leaders to help which results in more stupid "well let private interests handle it" making things worse. The Republicans obviously have done their best to make life as miserable as possible for people in order to tarnish Obama's image, but it's really not like he's doing tons to reign in the corrupt financial that crashed the economy or end the indentured servitude recently graduated college students have found themselves in. Regardless of if it was deserved or not, a lot of people put faith in Obama to change stuff and he turned out to be just another guy committed to the status quo.

I really don't see an endgame here other than a theocratic third world nightmare with a few hold out areas in fifty years or so as the cuts to education really sink in, public assets and the environment is sold to the highest bidder, and more and more wealth becomes consolidated in the hands of a tiny percentage of Americans. It doesn't help much that it seems as soon as someone gets any sort of success they fall into the "gently caress you, got mine" mentality a large part of our media hammers into us at all times.

Eggplant Squire fucked around with this message at 18:54 on Oct 17, 2014

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

Chantilly Say posted:

Oh, boy! A whole third!

3/5ths too optimistic?

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Mr Interweb posted:

That's rich coming from a neurosurgeon.

chairface
Oct 28, 2007

No matter what you believe, I don't believe in you.

Fried Chicken posted:

I shouldn't have read the comments section :negative:

FourLeaf
Dec 2, 2011

Fried Chicken posted:

quote:

Lori tells me she's simply too busy to pay attention to politics. She's concerned about the Second Amendment and suspects Obama may harbor ''more Islamic interest than he cares to share.'' But she's also concerned about gas prices, her health care premiums and her union contract, which she tells me ''isn't worth the paper it's printed on.'' During the last general election, in 2012, Scott, in protest of Obama's fiscal and foreign policies, voted for Mitt Romney. Lori, despite her fears, couldn't decide. ''I didn't feel confident that either choice was worse – they were both bad,'' she says. ''So I wrote in Mickey Mouse.''

Oh boy. But what can be done? This kind of frustration is so common.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

Well, guess I'm not sleeping tonight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beamed
Nov 26, 2010

Then you have a responsibility that no man has ever faced. You have your fear which could become reality, and you have Godzilla, which is reality.

Mr Interweb posted:

What the gently caress? The dude was a bonafide great neurosurgeon. What happened to him?

• Locked thread