Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bimmi
Nov 8, 2009

someday
but not today

BlitzBlast posted:

I've been kind of down on Rinko ever since a friend who is an actual housewife who runs a gunpla store pointed out how incredibly dumb it was to be running a shop for several years and not know anything about it.

That really was lame as hell and marks the exact moment I stopped caring about the show.

Try is already way ahead on that count since we have several girls who apparently know their poo poo and are in it for the love of the hobby, which is a thing S1 conspicuously lacked.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Bimmi posted:

That really was lame as hell and marks the exact moment I stopped caring about the show.

Try is already way ahead on that count since we have several girls who apparently know their poo poo and are in it for the love of the hobby, which is a thing S1 conspicuously lacked.

Yeah, that's one thing I have to give Try credit for. It at least has a female lead who both likes and cares about Gunpla at the start of the show, which is a step up from literally the entire main cast of the first show. Fumina is cool because she just likes Gundam without it being a 'thing.'

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

I could't help but like Rinko and her attempts to constantly get Sei and China together. The broest of moms.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Yeah, Rinko was a cool mom. Sure she didn't care about plastic toys like her husband and son but she had her mind in the right place. "I need to get these two nerds together or else my son is going to end up living in my house for the rest of my life."

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

Monaghan posted:

I could't help but like Rinko and her attempts to constantly get Sei and China together. The broest of moms.

Trying to matchmake your kid is like the most Asian mom thing ever and I don't think any of the kids think of them as bros.

KoB
May 1, 2009

Eej posted:

Trying to matchmake your kid is like the most Asian mom thing ever and I don't think any of the kids think of them as bros.

Especially when theyre like 10. 12. whatever.

Luminaflare
Sep 23, 2010

No one man
should have all that
POWER BEYOND MEASURE

A few things I noticed when looking at the screen capture from the opening and the pic of the Winning Gundam.

edit: Also why it only has one gun would make sense with the gun being the thumb.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

You cant see it in those pics but the Winning is a whole lot bigger than the fist. Like its not even close. The fist would have to be larger than the Burnings entire torso and much thicker than it too boot.

If its not an additional armament thats made for it in particular, then its chunks of the outer yellow/green armor from the Winning with its backpack making the fingers.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

Pyronic posted:

So its called the Winning Knuckle?

FYI: "The Key to Victotry" was a running theme in GaoGaiGar's Next episode clip where they'd show the thing that would win the fight in the next episode to get the audiance excited (or confused, I mind one being really dumb like Hana's slippers or something equaliy silly).

So from what I can gather, yeah, it seems like they're tryting for a "Mecha becomes the weapon hand" like Goldymarag in GaoGaiGar and it might be (Parts of) the Winning.

Luminaflare
Sep 23, 2010

No one man
should have all that
POWER BEYOND MEASURE

Cao Ni Ma posted:

You cant see it in those pics but the Winning is a whole lot bigger than the fist. Like its not even close. The fist would have to be larger than the Burnings entire torso and much thicker than it too boot.

If its not an additional armament thats made for it in particular, then its chunks of the outer yellow/green armor from the Winning with its backpack making the fingers.

I think it's just the core booster sans the V fin, wings, arms, legs etc.

edit: Actually looking at the official line art that's the center torso of the winning gundam. I'll throw together another mock up because I love this loving show and speculating about plastic robots.

edit2:

Also on a tangentially related note, the wings on the actual core of the core booster are still folded in during it's flight mode.

Luminaflare fucked around with this message at 22:26 on Oct 16, 2014

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises
The entire team will end up operating one Gundam all together when they combine into the God Winning Kitbash Gundam.

StrifeHira
Nov 7, 2012

I'll remind you that I have a very large stick.

Pyronic posted:

So its called the Winning Knuckle?

I told you all, but did you listen? No, you had to wait for Obari to spell it out. :colbert:

Really though holy crap Winning is a Goldymarg reference. :swoon:

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
Decided to take a crack at figuring out the mysterious MS in the opening, and while it's obviously heavily customized

the left arm gives it away as a Nu variant. I guess it makes sense, it was Yuuki's original suit.

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -

BlitzBlast posted:

Decided to take a crack at figuring out the mysterious MS in the opening, and while it's obviously heavily customized

the left arm gives it away as a Nu variant. I guess it makes sense, it was Yuuki's original suit.

SOLD

I DON'T CARE HOW MUCH THE KIT WILL COST

AtheistMantis
Oct 5, 2014

BlitzBlast posted:

If it is a Nu, then probably Hi Nu since it has two back thrusters compared to the Nu having four. Fin Funnels were likely kept hidden to keep it a mystery.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

BlitzBlast posted:

I've heard people saying it looks more like the Red Warrior, actually.

AtheistMantis
Oct 5, 2014

AradoBalanga posted:

That would be Amazing! The shoulders with what looked like three holes was bothering me, so this looks like a better fit.

Edit: VVV Apparently they're supposed to be 3-tube missile launchers

AtheistMantis fucked around with this message at 05:31 on Oct 17, 2014

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

AradoBalanga posted:

I think you might be right. The shoulder thrusters are a match, though the backpack's a little too flat. That could just be for Booster shenanigans though.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
Huh, that does look pretty close. Can't say I'd have seen that coming.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

BlitzBlast posted:

Huh, that does look pretty close. Can't say I'd have seen that coming.
Considering the staff like some of the more obscure units (G-Cannon Magna, for instance), it doesn't completely surprise me.

Then again, it probably is heavily customized, like you said. So, maybe it's a kitbash of Red Warrior and a Nu variant.

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -

AradoBalanga posted:

EVEN MORE SOLD

StrifeHira
Nov 7, 2012

I'll remind you that I have a very large stick.

AtheistMantis posted:

If it is a Nu, then probably Hi Nu since it has two back thrusters compared to the Nu having four. Fin Funnels were likely kept hidden to keep it a mystery.

Actually, turns out Yuki is absolute poo poo at controlling Funnels, he left them off his Nu and Hi-Nu Gundams. That being said yeah, it does look more Red Warrior-ish. Which is Amazing.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."

StrifeHira posted:

Actually, turns out Yuki is absolute poo poo at controlling Funnels, he left them off his Nu and Hi-Nu Gundams. That being said yeah, it does look more Red Warrior-ish. Which is Amazing.

Because he is a mejin.

Bimmi
Nov 8, 2009

someday
but not today
I'm surprised it took them this long to work in a Plamo Kyoshiro reference.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

Bimmi posted:

I'm surprised it took them this long to work in a Plamo Kyoshiro reference.

Sei's dad piloted the Perfect Gundam at the end of the first season.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Kanos posted:

Sei's dad piloted the Perfect Gundam at the end of the first season.

Of which we still haven't gotten a model! Bandai I want to give you money. Please hurry up and make it.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Ethiser posted:

Of which we still haven't gotten a model! Bandai I want to give you money. Please hurry up and make it.

You can have one when I get my HG Mock, dammit :shepspends:

DigitalRaven
Oct 9, 2012

Ethiser posted:

People always say they want more MGs of stuff from Build Fighters...

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
That reminds me that I want to see someone trying to play with a cheap Chinese knockoff model.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Pureauthor posted:

That reminds me that I want to see someone trying to play with a cheap Chinese knockoff model.

Wasn't that the point of the Mock from last season?

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat

Pureauthor posted:

I'm quietly hoping someone deploys a TIE fighter, or Samurai Darth Vader.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

PoptartsNinja posted:

I'm quietly hoping someone deploys a TIE fighter, or Samurai Darth Vader.

The Darth Musou Gundam :allears:.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

This is dope and I want it.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

Neddy Seagoon posted:

The Darth Musou Gundam :allears:.

What would happen if you put a transformer on the GP base?

Spelling Mitsake
Oct 4, 2007

Clutch Cargo wishes they had Tractor.

Kurieg posted:

What happened to Darth Vader?

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Late night drinking with Megatron.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:
star wars transformers, he fared better than Mace Windu and Luke.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Kurieg posted:

It transforms and rolls out! :v:

bubblegumbo0
Apr 24, 2008

我的機動戰士是個ヤンデレ!

Ramba Ral is too good for that other show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Ral you fool, you need a fancier outfit if you wanna fit in!

• Locked thread