Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ellaybee
Jun 17, 2005

I've been feeling pretty burned out on MH lately, and I've started on a huge backlog of games I buy and let sit in my steam library. Fun Times! So of course before I leave for work this morning I drop 130 bux on the new advance pack. Am I allowed to pretend I was drunk until I figure out why I did this?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Platypus Farm
Jul 12, 2003

Francis is my name, and breeding is my game. All bow before the fertile smut-god!
I couldn't even talk myself into getting the advance pack when I -was- drunk

Lux Aeterna
Feb 19, 2005

It was 4.2% originally

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Lux Aeterna posted:

It was 4.2% originally

You shouldn't be thinking of XP gains as percentages, Lux. You have to look at the base XP boost ratings and add those!

(I would not be at all surprised if that was how they had the XP % bonus system set up for no reason.)

Lechtansi
Mar 23, 2004

Item Get
I love that doomsaw's reaction to a long, well thought out but completely incorrect set of testing was to give that person beta testing access. Go forth and continue to do it badly!

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Lechtansi posted:

I love that doomsaw's reaction to a long, well thought out but completely incorrect set of testing was to give that person beta testing access. Go forth and continue to do it badly!

Failing upwards is the American way.

Lux Aeterna
Feb 19, 2005

Moxie is more important than intelligence

Sion
Oct 16, 2004

"I'm the boss of space. That's plenty."

Lux Aeterna posted:

Moxie is more important than intelligence

Thread title please.

Prel
Jan 12, 2012

Lechtansi posted:

To be fair, the assumption was incorrect because the character sheet stats they display turned out to be just an approximation of the actual values. And I think there still isn't a clarified response on how the crit synergies interact.

The testing really wasn't really bad or incorrect; it was the assumption that the numbers shown to us in game are accurate that was incorrect (which then led to testing that didn't jive with the displayed numbers).

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
Lux is America made manifest

Prel
Jan 12, 2012

Also remember that the true purpose of the whitelist is to get anybody who might actually find and expose hideous bugs safely jailed behind a NDA.

Prel fucked around with this message at 18:56 on Oct 17, 2014

Platypus Farm
Jul 12, 2003

Francis is my name, and breeding is my game. All bow before the fertile smut-god!

Prel posted:

Also remember that the true purpose of the whitelist is to get anybody that might actually find and expose hideous bugs safely jailed behind a NDA.

Ooh, you're thinking like I'm thinking. One of us should probably email Alex Jones and see if he'll take up the cause.

EricFate
Aug 31, 2001

Crumpets. Glorious Crumpets.

Prel posted:

Also remember that the true purpose of the whitelist is to get anybody that might actually find and expose hideous bugs safely jailed behind a NDA.

Let us just hope that it also opens them up to being able to engage in dialogue on said bugs and other balance issues without getting lost in the signal to noise ratio that defines the ban-happy official forums. That would be a reasonable trade off.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Eiffel On You posted:

doing another tuning pass on Jean Grey next week

:getin:

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

About 40 mins ago, ICR said they found the issue:

Doomsaw posted:

We just found the issue. It was a UPK build issue and thankfully nothing serious.

We're rekicking a new game build and will give you an update in about 2 hours with patch time.

In theory, in ~80 mins. we'll get an update about when the patch is coming...

cl_gibcount 9999
Aug 15, 2002

he updated his post to say the ETA for patch is at 2PM pacific

Baby Proof
May 16, 2009

Prel posted:

To be fair, the assumption was incorrect because the character sheet stats they display turned out to be just an approximation of the actual values. And I think there still isn't a clarified response on how the crit synergies interact.

The testing really wasn't really bad or incorrect; it was the assumption that the numbers shown to us in game are accurate that was incorrect (which then led to testing that didn't jive with the displayed numbers).

The only thing legit wrong with the test was that his hero's crit rate was too high - so the sample size he used didn't give definitive results when comparing crit rates that were only 15% apart (35% crits vs 40%, or whatever) from each other. The second guy's test with <10% crit rates was much easier to pull results from. Although I wouldn't be surprised if there are some subtle bugs in the crit rate calculation that we're still overlooking.

Platypus Farm
Jul 12, 2003

cl_gibcount 9999 posted:

he updated his post to say the ETA for patch is at 2PM pacific

This is gonna be a wild ride

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Lux, please convince them to stop patching on Fridays, and instead patch on Saturdays. TIA.

cl_gibcount 9999
Aug 15, 2002

Platypus Farm posted:

This is gonna be a wild ride

I'm glad I won't be around to play until much later tonight, get to miss the whole EDT dinner time down time extravaganza

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Lux please convince Kheldarn to just get a normal job so he can come home to patched MH on Fridays.

J3ng4
Nov 22, 2006

Bitches love my tool time
I've been having a ton of fun with Squirrel Girl since I got her, on my way to 60 this weekend. She reminds me of a more active skeleton summoner from D2. Are there any items I should be looking out for when doing a pet build? I know the current ARMOR pet slot is good but I won't have enough drives until the next event most likely. Should I just be snagging anything with pet damage on it?

I've also been looking for a pet to eat the lovely items on the floor, is Iron Buddy the easiest one to grab? I have some splinters set aside but I also don't have a team up so I was going to snag one via splinters. I have enough heroes that I like to keep me busy for a while so random boxes are meh. There are so many different ways to get things it's hard to figure out what the best use of these currencies are, I also may be dumb though.

cl_gibcount 9999
Aug 15, 2002

ohhhhhhhhh yeaaaaaaaah juggernaut time

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
Raptor Stone, Latverian Regalia, Adv. Latverian Regalia. Use a Zigg for your 4th until you get a ARMOR Portal.

Sinister drops a good Slot 2 and Doom drops a Slot 3. Low drop rate.

When you hit 60 start picking up every single purple/cosmic claw you see; you want one with +8 Friends, +8 Presents, and +8 Sic Em, or as close to that as you can get. Will take forever.

Ajax
Mar 16, 2004

Aunt Petunia's Girdle!
What's happening?
I tried to tell you Cyclops would be November.

Gunjin
Apr 27, 2004

Om nom nom

Soothing Vapors posted:

When you hit 60 start picking up every single purple/cosmic claw you see; you want one with +8 Friends, +8 Presents, and +8 Sic Em, or as close to that as you can get. Will take forever.

Forever doesn't even begin to cover it. I've been claw hunting for months and haven't found a really good one yet.

J3ng4
Nov 22, 2006

Bitches love my tool time

Soothing Vapors posted:

Raptor Stone, Latverian Regalia, Adv. Latverian Regalia. Use a Zigg for your 4th until you get a ARMOR Portal.

Sinister drops a good Slot 2 and Doom drops a Slot 3. Low drop rate.

Thanks dude, I have some stuff to look for.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

cl_gibcount 9999 posted:

ohhhhhhhhh yeaaaaaaaah juggernaut time

I think THRUDD! may just be the best Ultimate Power name ever! :allears:

Also, I hope this means he has a new VA, and it's The Rock.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

It doesn't matter what invulnerable means!

Deep Thoreau
Aug 16, 2008

Aphrodite posted:

:vince:

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

u deserve diploma for sublime comedy expertise
I really really hope Momentum is generated by walking around so the entire time you play juggy you have to waggle your mouse

Also mad that the cosmic bonus isnt 420% :2bong:

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Aphrodite posted:

Finally, the Juggernaut has come back to Midtown Manhattan.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Big red banner on the forums now, saying the servers are coming down at 1:30 PM PST.

Get hype. Cosmic today.

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED

Kheldarn posted:

Big red banner on the forums now, saying the servers are coming down at 1:30 PM PST.

Get hype. Cosmic today.

I'm ready for Psy (Gangnam Style) "John" Locke, my liberalism waifu, Scott-Free Hot Summers Days' rework, The Ghost of Christmas Past Writer Rider of the Storm and Nova, Wednesday nights 8EST/7C on PBS

EDIT:

WHAT DID PETER SAY

Midnightghoul fucked around with this message at 20:26 on Oct 17, 2014

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!
Is this event just a ton of xp for leveling? They should make this event into cosmic thursdays like how they made midtown into a one day thing instead of a week. You already have to wait so long for the omega files, armor, and worldstones of which I have like 30 because I couldn't play the time I noticed it was going. Plus that useless odin one is in the rotation. They need to make more into day events. monday midtown, wens odin , fri cosmic.

snergle fucked around with this message at 20:35 on Oct 17, 2014

Kainser
Apr 27, 2010

O'er the sea from the north
there sails a ship
With the people of Hel
at the helm stands Loki
After the wolf
do wild men follow
Seems like certain achievements will grant you real rewards as well:

I kinda like it, you'll only get one anyway.

Kainser fucked around with this message at 20:35 on Oct 17, 2014

Fallorn
Apr 14, 2005

snergle posted:

Is this event just a ton of xp for leveling? They should make this event into cosmic thursdays like how they made midtown into a one day thing instead of a week.

its that fact you need 1/2 as much xp to level your cosmic characters.

Platypus Farm
Jul 12, 2003

The achievement thing is actually exactly what I hoped they'd do. A real way to eventually get those stupidly rare items.

edit: and cosmic worldstones - yet another obnoxious macguffin to collect and trade for items

Lux Aeterna
Feb 19, 2005

This event is a ton of just "playing the game". The currency for this event is a very big deal because it gives access to some of the best items in the game for hybrid damage characters.

If you have a character that deals two types of damage, there are some important things to buy. If they are a summoner, you have a recipe to get. If you hate yourself, there's a pet to grab.

The only item that applies to everyone is the insignia upgrade recipe. This lets you add +1all to your insignias and is relatively expensive for the value it provides.

I'm really not buying anything this event so I'll be doing some insignia upgrades for people with whatever stones I get. Please note this is not a free service but it's going to be very reasonably priced.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fred is on
Dec 25, 2007

Riders...
IN SPACE!

Kainser posted:

Seems like certain achievements will grant you real rewards as well:

I kinda like it, you'll only get one anyway.

Advanced? :raise:

• Locked thread