Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
keykey
Mar 28, 2003

ssjonizuka posted:

Technically unnamed, 9lb 2oz. "Little" boy was born this afternoon. Baby and momma are doing awesome. I'd forgotten they could be so little. :3: (and for reference, this is #2).

Congrats!!! Unless he has colic or gets colicy when you take him home, in which case may god have mercy upon your soul. If the latter of the two happens, it gets better. Later on you'll completely forget he had colic for a brief period in his and your life.

angryhampster posted:

Congratulations! Mrs Hamster and I just started intentionally working on one.

Hopefully everything goes smoothly for you two. :)

I closed my baby factory 2 years ago and mrs keykey shut hers down last year this time since she apparently had endometriosis the past maybe 7 years. It had been growing until she had side pains, went in for an appt, got an xray and ct scans done then had her uterus removed. Fortunately it was caught in the early stages, but now it's something that's monitored yearly. Also she was fortunate enough that the growth hadn't (hasn't) spread to her ovaries so she doesn't need to do any estrogen shot .

keykey fucked around with this message at 13:53 on Oct 17, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal

goatse guy posted:

Congratulations ssjonizuka! :3:

I said that I was done dating for a while, but I met a guy on tinder who wants to take me to a dive bar, put some Vandals on the jukebox, and talk about Middle East relations. :stare: I can make an exception for that.

I used to occasionally visit a bar a friend of mine worked at. It was a sleazy bar in a one horse town in Michigan but they had one of those internet jukeboxes back when they were brand new.

Every time I went, I'd put a $20 into the jukebox and load it up with the best black metal songs I could find (Their metal collection was limited but they had Dimmu Borgir and Merciful Fate I remember, and some others), and usually end with some nice, long songs they had in there like Carouselambra. I'd usually get an hour or two out of the machine for my money.

The look on the other patron's faces when my songs came on was great, but what was greater were the chics that went and put money in and after a half hour "They're still not playing my Britney, waaaa!"

(My friend that worked there was a metalhead and he deeply approved)

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

(Insert Mad Max related text)

I showed my wife your chat logs and she had a laugh. We've been married about 5 1/2 years and all of our single friends in their late twenties are on it and have tried to explain how it works.

Congrats to the dude with new baby. The first couple months are tough to transition with 2 kids. Now that our little B is 3 months old it is getting easier. His big sister loves to make him smile and likes to hold him. So :3:

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
Dimmu is great, so I strongly approve of and endorse this message.

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal

kastein posted:

Dimmu is great, so I strongly approve of and endorse this message.

I loved to play Stormblast in its entirety. The original, not the remake.

I normally hate bars but man, I loved that one.

keykey
Mar 28, 2003

About 6 months ago I was in a bar getting drinks with friends after work, 75% female. A guy walked up to one of my friends and hands her a $5.00 and says," Play anything you want." She in turn handed me the fiver and said," Go to town." I'd never used one before then, but surprisingly it had the extended version of In A Gadda Da Vida, Christeene: Fix My Dick, some other songs for flavor, and it ended right Dimmu Borgir: Puritania.

Seat Safety Switch posted:

Alien Isolation should be called AAAAAAA AAAAAA AAAAAAA AAAAAAAA: Just Kidding We Know You're Only Scared The First Time This Game Is Pretty Unfair Sometimes (Check Your loving Motion Tracker More, rear end in a top hat Special Edition)

I want to like it more, stop being mean to me game :(

Alien vs Predator was much about the same way playing as a marine. Look at motion tracker, look at motion tracker, look at motion tracker.... OH SHIIIIIIT!!! SHOOTSHOOTSHOOTSHOOTRUNRUNRUNRUNRUN.. gently caress, I'm dead. After playing The Evil Within a little more last night, I'm starting to feel the same way about it as I did playing Dark Souls and I'm too whatever to crank it down to casual, because gently caress that I want the challenge.

keykey fucked around with this message at 16:08 on Oct 17, 2014

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal

keykey posted:

About 6 months ago I was in a bar getting drinks with friends after work, 75% female. A guy walked up to one of my friends and hands her a $5.00 and says," Play anything you want." She in turn handed me the fiver and said," Go to town." I'd never used one before then, but surprisingly it had the extended version of In A Gadda Da Vida, Christeene: Fix My Dick, some other songs for flavor, and it ended right Dimmu Borgir: Puritania.

I do remember playing In A Gadda Da Vida as one of the long songs. The full 20-minute version. Live too, I think.

The Doors' The End was there too, but I don't remember if I ever played it. Just something about playing that song in a bar full of people likely drinking their worries away, that didn't sound like a very good idea.

rscott
Dec 10, 2009
I use the Internet jukeboxes to play anti-flag and neutral milk hotel at bars full of rednecks and bikers

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

rscott posted:

I use the Internet jukeboxes to play anti-flag and neutral milk hotel at bars full of rednecks and bikers

Oh drat I haven't listened to Anti-Flag in years, need to rectify that.

Same with Dimmu Borgir. My music tastes have been really boring since I graduated :(

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

Phonechat I've decided gently caress $650 for the Nexus 6, I'm probably going to go with the 64GB OnePlus One for $350. I wasted my invite because I didn't understand how the 24hour thing worked, but if I can get another, I'll have the finest Chinese phone around.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

rscott posted:

Ain't nothing quite like playing the Scissor Sisters discography on Bike Night when all the patch gang are in attendance.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

Pham Nuwen posted:

Phonechat I've decided gently caress $650 for the Nexus 6, I'm probably going to go with the 64GB OnePlus One for $350. I wasted my invite because I didn't understand how the 24hour thing worked, but if I can get another, I'll have the finest Chinese phone around.

Yowch, tough miss. If anyone has a 1+1 invite, meatpimp would certainly be grateful.

rscott
Dec 10, 2009

Rhyno posted:

Ain't nothing quite like playing the Scissor Sisters discography on Bike Night when all the patch gang are in attendance.

I think I played some crass too

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

meatpimp posted:

Yowch, tough miss. If anyone has a 1+1 invite, meatpimp would certainly be grateful.

If I can find another, you get invites when you buy so I'll send you one, I'll PM to get your email

keykey
Mar 28, 2003

Pham Nuwen posted:

A friend of mine just got his 1+1 in the mail yesterday and it really is the finest Chinese phone in 'Murica for the price.

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

And, of course as always, kill Hitler.

The best part about the internet jukeboxes is that you can secretly play What's Up Pussy Cat ten times in a row.

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal

Super Aggro Crag posted:

The best part about the internet jukeboxes is that you can secretly play What's Up Pussy Cat ten times in a row.

A buddy of mine would always go play King Diamond's No Presents for Christmas. Every time.

The look on people's faces, man. The look on people's faces.

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

keykey posted:

A friend of mine just got his 1+1 in the mail yesterday and it really is the finest Chinese phone in 'Murica for the price.

Does he have any invites left? :v:

keykey
Mar 28, 2003

Pham Nuwen posted:

Does he have any invites left? :v:

Nope, a friend of mine asked him before I could. :haw:

goatse guy
Jan 23, 2007
hello im back in ai buy me avatars plz :-*
One of the bars I frequent has an actual jukebox with every punk recond known to man. Of course I never remember to bring change when I go there.

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008

meatpimp posted:

They're ending the invite system at the end of the month and I think you can just order them then.

angryhampster
Oct 21, 2005

1. I love Fridays off.
2. I just ate a MASSIVE plate of pasta and chicken. Covered in cheese and hot sauce.
3. Days of Thunder is an incredibly stupid movie, but watching it with the sound cranked continues to be one of the coolest movie experiences ever.
4. Gin and tonics are what jesus should have drank instead of wine.
5. Quite enjoying my new LG G3.

Hampster's thoughts of the day.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Super Aggro Crag posted:

Only if you put a It's Not Unusual in the middle.

goatse guy
Jan 23, 2007
hello im back in ai buy me avatars plz :-*

angryhampster posted:

1. I love Fridays off.

I have today off, but I have to go back to work tomorrow. Fridays off are kind of lame in my world. My agenda involves drinking wine and doing laundry.

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe
Everyday is Saturday for me. *shrug*

Anarchist Mae
Nov 5, 2009

by Reene
Lipstick Apathy
Didn't know internet jukeboxes existed :( I'd definitely put this on though:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V18SztTlxpQ

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

What have you assholes done now?
I try to put on something I like that fits the crowd. I am boring.

Baller Witness Bro
Nov 16, 2006

Hey FedEx, how dare you deliver something before your "delivered by" time.
We usually queue up 3 or 4 rounds of Hotel California and watch the suffering go down.

angryhampster
Oct 21, 2005

goatse guy posted:

I have today off, but I have to go back to work tomorrow. Fridays off are kind of lame in my world. My agenda involves drinking wine and doing laundry.

Yeah same here. I have to work in the morning at my day job then I have a short photoshoot tomorrow evening. Shouldn't be more than 6 hours of work altogether, but still annoying.

Anarchist Mae
Nov 5, 2009

by Reene
Lipstick Apathy

Baller Witness Bro posted:

We usually queue up 3 or 4 rounds of Hotel California and watch the suffering go down.

How about 3 rounds of https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tx1mryKqvT8

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

I can't hear this and not picture Mr Garrison singing it

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

If you can get the live version of Flogging Molly's Black Friday Rule from Whiskey on a Sunday Morning, I highly suggest it. There is like a 2 minute tangent in it where he just starts talking about soccer and pokes fun at american football. And its about 12 minutes long, which is even better. :toot:

keykey
Mar 28, 2003

Baller Witness Bro posted:

That reminds me, we went to see Boston play at Shoreline Amphitheater a few months ago and one of the guys that played in the eagles was opening up. I don't really care for the Eagles, but he had great stage presence so he and his band were entertaining. Though if he has been touring for the past 40 years and wasn't obviously something was wrong. Anyway, he goes through the set and starts the opening riff for Hotel California. I knew if I didn't go to the bathroom then for a sit down strike the crowd would be waaaaaay too long afterward. As it turns out, that was a great move. There's nothing quite like getting serenaded to a deuce, especially by the guy from that one band.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

keykey posted:

There's nothing quite like getting serenaded to a deuce, especially by the guy from that one band.
"It checked out, but never left. I should eat more fibre."

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

CornHolio posted:

I used to occasionally visit a bar a friend of mine worked at. It was a sleazy bar in a one horse town in Michigan but they had one of those internet jukeboxes back when they were brand new.

Every time I went, I'd put a $20 into the jukebox and load it up with the best black metal songs I could find (Their metal collection was limited but they had Dimmu Borgir and Merciful Fate I remember, and some others), and usually end with some nice, long songs they had in there like Carouselambra. I'd usually get an hour or two out of the machine for my money.

TouchTunes has a mobile app now. Load it up with credit from your CC, queue up as much as you want.

Some friends and I cleared out an entire bar one night - normally they played country or classic rock, we threw on a bunch of punk and metal for a solid hour. Nobody knew who had put anything on, since I never got near the jukebox, so nobody knew who's rear end to beat for not playing There's a Tear in my Beer.

Terrible Robot posted:

Oh drat I haven't listened to Anti-Flag in years, need to rectify that.

I got to see them live a couple of years back.

That was the day I learned what "circle pit" meant while standing at the back of the pit.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
I have an interview in 90 minutes and I'm anxious as gently caress. haven't had an interview in a year and a half and that one was excruciatingly bad.

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008

BraveUlysses posted:

I have an interview in 90 minutes and I'm anxious as gently caress. haven't had an interview in a year and a half and that one was excruciatingly bad.

Good luck.

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

some texas redneck posted:

I got to see them live a couple of years back.

That was the day I learned what "circle pit" meant while standing at the back of the pit.

Circle pits are awesome and I always recommend jumping in if you see one forming.

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

(Insert Mad Max related text)

Phone Chat: I've been enjoying my iPhone 6. I pre-ordered and got it launch day. It's been really nice to have battery all the way into the night and have the screen on full bright. My 5 would just die at 8 or 9 at night even with the screen at half juice. If they were able to keep the 5 size phone instead of making it bigger I would have preferred it.

Lol at the 6 plus though. Comically big.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

freelop
Apr 28, 2013

Where we're going, we won't need fries to see

Finally got round to watching the newest Evil Dead film.
It really lives up to the rest of the series and is well worth seeing if you are a fan of over the top horror films.

Lots of nods to the older films including the oldsmobile.

• Locked thread